Your display, the Funko way!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
anime23

Re: Your display, the Funko way!

Postby anime23 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:45 am

Quazimoto wrote:
anime23 wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
I can attest to the baseball bat cases. Got 15 pops in one of mine. They're almost perfect for out of box display.

How big was the one you got 15 in?

Just the regular Baseball Bat case that Michael's sells.

They easily fit 12 or 13 Pop!s with a little space between each. 14 Pop!s close pretty close to touching each other. I got 15 in one by staggering them a little bit in sort of a zig zag or slightly turned to the side.

thanks for the info.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:59 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

That is really cool setup. You willing to share how you mounted the pops inside the case?

It's really easy. I just placed the glittery sheet of adhesive paper in the background. Then I used hot glue on each pop, the trickiest was finding where to apply the glue on the Thestrall because there isn't a lot of surface touching the paper. For the rest, just a drop of hot glue on the back of the head is enough.
And if you make a mistake, just remove the pop from the paper right away, wait for the glue to dry, then you can take it off just using a nail without any damage to the pop.
Once all this was done, I just had to place back the background on the shadow box and that was it.
Now my only issue is fixing it on the wall. What I previously used did not work out. I think I saw your wife suggesting some very resistant double tape. I need to check that.

oh, and congrats on the Harry Potter display: it's amazing :-)

Honestly that is ingenious. It came out looking really slick.

As far as mounting it to the wall if you dont want to do wall anchors and drill it into the wall ( and I get why you might not want too ) we used 3m command picture hanging velcro on a bunch of chibi marvel themed art. It worked out really well. Wasnt too expensive either.

And thank you. We are really pleased with how the shelving turned out

Velcro is what did not work. There is not enough space on the back to properly have it stay glued and support the weight of the shadow box. Will try out other things this weekend
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:04 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
We have plenty of shelves and shadow boxes but that wasn't good enough got my wife's ever growing Harry Potter funko collection. So I got tricked into making this for her.
Spoiler: show

organization of the pops credit is all my wife's doing. Color changing LEDs on each shelf we can control from our phones because let's be honest its 2019. Why not control it from your phone.

Huge shout out to my amazing husband. The display case is beautiful and the amount of effort that was put into the lights was impressive. It’s the perfect display case for my ever growing Harry Potter obsession. I secretly want one for anime now but no room in our house for another one... yet.

Here’s a picture of the red lighting. It really makes the villain shelf “pop”.

Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Jorge, the lighting is finished ;-)

"Yet" being the operative word haha

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:30 pm

MymyChan wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
It's really easy. I just placed the glittery sheet of adhesive paper in the background. Then I used hot glue on each pop, the trickiest was finding where to apply the glue on the Thestrall because there isn't a lot of surface touching the paper. For the rest, just a drop of hot glue on the back of the head is enough.
And if you make a mistake, just remove the pop from the paper right away, wait for the glue to dry, then you can take it off just using a nail without any damage to the pop.
Once all this was done, I just had to place back the background on the shadow box and that was it.
Now my only issue is fixing it on the wall. What I previously used did not work out. I think I saw your wife suggesting some very resistant double tape. I need to check that.

oh, and congrats on the Harry Potter display: it's amazing :-)

As far as mounting it to the wall if you dont want to do wall anchors and drill it into the wall ( and I get why you might not want too ) we used 3m command picture hanging velcro on a bunch of chibi marvel themed art. It worked out really well. Wasnt too expensive either.

Velcro is what did not work. There is not enough space on the back to properly have it stay glued and support the weight of the shadow box. Will try out other things this weekend

We cut the strips and half. Also if the wood is too narrow or smooth you can sand down the area you are trying to stick it too. Adhesives dont always stick well and frames and shadow boxes usually have a very smooth finish. So try sanding it down a little and then clean away the debris with a dry cloth or rag. Also add more points of contact if its heavy. These small frames have two points of contact. Something bigger or heavier you could double to triple that.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:32 pm

Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
We have plenty of shelves and shadow boxes but that wasn't good enough got my wife's ever growing Harry Potter funko collection. So I got tricked into making this for her.

organization of the pops credit is all my wife's doing. Color changing LEDs on each shelf we can control from our phones because let's be honest its 2019. Why not control it from your phone.

Huge shout out to my amazing husband. The display case is beautiful and the amount of effort that was put into the lights was impressive. It’s the perfect display case for my ever growing Harry Potter obsession. I secretly want one for anime now but no room in our house for another one... yet.

Toys R Us Kid wrote:

she will find a way to get more supplies in our home.

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 pm

omg i love the loose ones in the frame. imma have to steal that idea.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:00 am

:cherry:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Anytime I see a fellow anime collector I am in love. Beautiful display your husband did

Toys R Us Kid wrote:

The lighting sucked. Glad it's working but it was a pain.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:03 am

TheStephil wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Toys R Us Kid wrote:

It seriously turned out amazing! Such a fun display. I appreciate the creativity put into this. Well worth the wait :)
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:06 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

You guys should totally do an anime dedicated shelf!
(sorry to be such an enabler lol)
But with the way this turned out, I know you both could have a lot of fun with it. Hopefully the lighting won't be so difficult the second time around.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

MymyChan

Postby MymyChan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:36 am

Hirokus_bane wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

We cut the strips and half. Also if the wood is too narrow or smooth you can sand down the area you are trying to stick it too. Adhesives dont always stick well and frames and shadow boxes usually have a very smooth finish. So try sanding it down a little and then clean away the debris with a dry cloth or rag. Also add more points of contact if its heavy. These small frames have two points of contact. Something bigger or heavier you could double to triple that.

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely thinking about putting tape all around the frame, so that it holds the weight better. I did put velcro in the middle of each side as well as in all corners but that was not enough.
Until I try that this weekend, the display is on the top of my tv unit, where I can contemplate it everyday, which isn't bad either ;-)
Hi there! I’m Myriam.
Collecting Funko since Xmas 2015
PopPriceGuide want list: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... UWM5NEVS0/
Instagram: Themymster

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:26 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:
Mags wrote:"Yet" being the operative word haha

But with the way this turned out, I know you both could have a lot of fun with it. Hopefully the lighting won't be so difficult the second time around.

Thanks :) Eventually we will have to with how fast our anime collection is growing. They work in the baseball bat cases for now but I've run into issue with where to display In Box pops. Only the top cases can have in box pops on top and there are grails I'll never take out of box. I like keeping my collection together and I don't have room near our MHA line for when I finally achieve Masked Ochaco.
This set up should keep up content for a few months until my HP collection kicks out the anime shelves. Maybe I'll be lucky and get another display case for Christmas.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:42 am

TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Hirokus_bane wrote:

Thanks :) Eventually we will have to with how fast our anime collection is growing. They work in the baseball bat cases for now but I've run into issue with where to display In Box pops. Only the top cases can have in box pops on top and there are grails I'll never take out of box. I like keeping my collection together and I don't have room near our MHA line for when I finally achieve Masked Ochaco.
This set up should keep up content for a few months until my HP collection kicks out the anime shelves. Maybe I'll be lucky and get another display case for Christmas.

I have two Detolf ikea shelves which each hold a 100+of my OOB pops and a wall with some ikea shelves that hold my signed pops. I am pretty much out of room or my allowed space (wife isn't the biggest fan). Maybe if we move as planned one day to a bigger home I can ask for more diplay space or my own room lol. I mention this cause like you HP kills me every wave has 10+ pops and this new wave is no different. UGH it is killer. I almost prefer the way they have with Doctor who with pop here or there and small wave once in awhile.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 am

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

I have two Detolf ikea shelves which each hold a 100+of my OOB pops and a wall with some ikea shelves that hold my signed pops. I am pretty much out of room or my allowed space (wife isn't the biggest fan). Maybe if we move as planned one day to a bigger home I can ask for more diplay space or my own room lol. I mention this cause like you HP kills me every wave has 10+ pops and this new wave is no different. UGH it is killer. I almost prefer the way they have with Doctor who with pop here or there and small wave once in awhile.

I'm very lucky that my husband and I are both fully into this addiction.
Harry Potter is rough and I'm still very far behind on some of the older runs. I'm trying to not get them all, there are just two many Harrys out there but there are still plenty I like. The movie moments are real killers. They take up sooo much room but I really like them. i finally got Ron on the Knight because Hot Topic had a good deal on it but I am wish I didn't.
I'm torn, I'm happy they are releasing so many characters I love but space is a huge concern and I agree with you, may be almost better to not have many. It'd be easier to complete, that's for sure.
Do you have pics of your Detolf shelves? I'd love to see how you set them up.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:30 am

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Harry Potter is rough and I'm still very far behind on some of the older runs. I'm trying to not get them all, there are just two many Harrys out there but there are still plenty I like. The movie moments are real killers. They take up sooo much room but I really like them. i finally got Ron on the Knight because Hot Topic had a good deal on it but I am wish I didn't.
I'm torn, I'm happy they are releasing so many characters I love but space is a huge concern and I agree with you, may be almost better to not have many. It'd be easier to complete, that's for sure.

These are some older pics from IG guess i never stood back and took a complete photo. I built the risers they hold 5-6 on each level depending on the pops I arrange there.

Anime
[img]BuC_bdJA1yd[/img]

GOT
[img]BlwlIfwhYAX[/img]

DW

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:03 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

These are some older pics from IG guess i never stood back and took a complete photo. I built the risers they hold 5-6 on each level depending on the pops I arrange there.

Anime

GOT

DW

Fixed it for you.
I'm really jealous of your Tenya
That looks really good. I like the risers. You can really get a lot more pops in those than I originally thought.
Hi, I’m Steph.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 pm

TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Anime

GOT

DW

Fixed it for you.
I'm really jealous of your Tenya
That looks really good. I like the risers. You can really get a lot more pops in those than I originally thought.

Thanks for fixing it. I will take some updated pics. Like I sid now i have some rows with 6 in them. If the pop isn't doing any special move ir has a normal size head.

Vinylspinner1017

Postby Vinylspinner1017 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Buying a shelf on Sunday. Not going overboard as my vinyl records take up most of my extra money.

pandapop88

Postby pandapop88 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Meth68 wrote:My Series 1-2-3 Disney (Missing Mike, Zurg, Peter Pan), Christmas & Simpsons

Rock & Movies

Starwars

Halo & Cerial crew

DC Universe

Marvel (Missing Loki)

These are my Chase & SDCC's

Some Random Funko's My gf picked up for me :)

Thanks for looking :D

I wonder how your house looks like now :P they are just fun outside the box!

Ultimatecreeperdude

Postby Ultimatecreeperdude » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:05 am

My Disney Parks Collection (Rainbow Unicorn, Alice, and R3X not pictured)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:20 pm

Ultimatecreeperdude wrote:My Disney Parks Collection (Rainbow Unicorn, Alice, and R3X not pictured)

I can’t see the image. :crybaby:
I followed the link though and that’s impressive. I love how you organize all the same characters together.
Hi, I’m Steph.

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Vinylspinner1017 wrote:Image

Buying a shelf on Sunday. Not going overboard as my vinyl records take up most of my extra money.

Nice vinyl collection :P

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:46 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:

Awesome! I bet she appreciates it! Looks great :)

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:11 pm

nonotglenn wrote:

wow, took me a second to catch this. lol lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:12 pm

This one kind of worries me, just stacking pops up like that on a high platform.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:14 pm

MymyChan wrote:
vanguiano wrote:I am loving the walking dead display and the shadow box with the pops inside! Soon as I get home tonight I’ll post some pics of my current set up. Which changes every damn time I add to my collection ha

*are the metallic cereal blox too much to ask for? why yes, yes they are*
mongoose12 wrote:
MymyChan wrote:Did my first Funko DYI today. I enjoyed it so much that I want to add more like this one!

this came out perfect! congrats on a job well done.

Thank you both.
Vanguiano: did you manage to share your display? I don’t think I saw it here.
This is one of my favorite topics in the forum: seeing new displays always gives me great ideas

This is great. Maybe I don't see it, but how are they being suspended in the frame?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:50 pm

Hirokus_bane wrote:
MymyChan wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Ha Ha!!! When I first saw the pictures, I wondered at once :"Well, may be Hirokus_bane is TheStephil's husband and this is what they have been working on" and then I see your post! :D :D :D
Anyway, that's an amazing display! I love it! Very well done! Bravo!

Thank you. My only issue is I think she likes it too much and wants more of these throughout the house.

Job well done. I have got to give you props for doing such a great job. Looking forward to seeing all the other shelves you will be doing. lol Honestly great job!

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:52 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Anime
[img]BuC_bdJA1yd[/img]

GOT
[img]BlwlIfwhYAX[/img]

DW

Nice display! Really like how you can see all of the pops. I'm looking to make several risers and was wondering what you made them out of?

bcoulson

Postby bcoulson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:43 pm

Awesome I actually have been toying with a similar idea with the Detolf ikea cabinet and having a different themed background in each section. glad to see how great the concept looks

GummyBearGirl25 wrote:I got this shelving for my TWD funkos! I just need to figure out where to put it in the house, and I need more TWD funkos! \:D/

nonotglenn

Postby nonotglenn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:40 pm

nightbodega wrote:
nonotglenn wrote:

;) cracking myself up always

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:10 pm

nonotglenn wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
nonotglenn wrote:

;) cracking myself up always

Did you already have all those vinyls or did you recently started buying them? Cuz prices are up on those. Who knew.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:24 am

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Anime

GOT

DW

Nice display! Really like how you can see all of the pops. I'm looking to make several risers and was wondering what you made them out of?

I used harboard it is near MDF in a Home Depot type store. I used the instructions I found in this thread. Scroll down a little.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=28313&start=10480

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:42 am

hailmary25 wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Anime

GOT

DW

I used harboard it is near MDF in a Home Depot type store. I used the instructions I found in this thread. Scroll down a little.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=28313&start=10480

Awesome. Thanks alot! Probably going to try these after SDCC.

Speed8711

Postby Speed8711 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:08 pm

I think I have an addiction..... those shelves are 4 deep on pops. Looking at about 100+.Image

Speed8711

Postby Speed8711 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:09 pm

I think I have an addiction..... those shelves are 4 deep on pops. Looking a :cat: t about 100+.Image

Speed8711

Postby Speed8711 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:10 pm

Sorry for duplicate post.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Speed8711 wrote:I think I have an addiction..... those shelves are 4 deep on pops. Looking a :cat: t about 100+.Image

Nice display. I see you have them protected with a thin case. Wondering why the bubble wrap?

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Anyone have any cool Funko cereal display's? Don't know how to display mine.

Speed8711

Postby Speed8711 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:12 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Speed8711 wrote:I think I have an addiction..... those shelves are 4 deep on pops. Looking a :cat: t about 100+.Image

Nice display. I see you have them protected with a thin case. Wondering why the bubble wrap?

Originally I was afraid one of the shelves was going to collapse. However, I put in a few more brackets so things are stable. Everything is in soft protectors. I will be throwing away the bubble wrap shortly.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Speed8711 wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Originally I was afraid one of the shelves was going to collapse. However, I put in a few more brackets so things are stable. Everything is in soft protectors. I will be throwing away the bubble wrap shortly.

Oh, I understand. Now you can stack more on top of each other. May want to organize it someway you will know where each pop is at.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:55 am

Update of my Pennywise collection! And Cookie! lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”