Walgreen's exclusive Rey(Final Scene)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
michael

Re: Walgreen's exclusive Rey(Final Scene)

Postby michael » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:23 pm

I didn't want to look anymore and paid a friendly flipper : (
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 pm

michael wrote:I didn't want to look anymore and paid a friendly flipper : (

I made a post in the "want to buy" section and a fellow funatic helped me out. Maybe try that next time?
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

michael

Postby michael » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:16 am

KMFH11 wrote:
michael wrote:I didn't want to look anymore and paid a friendly flipper : (

I made a post in the "want to buy" section and a fellow funatic helped me out. Maybe try that next time?

Thank you for the suggestion, I will next time.
North Jersey
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NUWQPZICW/
Shamelessly downsizing as MikeAwesome13 on eBay.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:00 am

This is the must frustrating search I've had for something that has already been released...maybe ever.

I've probably been to two dozen Walgreens in 3 different states over the last month. Nobody has Rey. I have someone looking in New York, and another person looking in Michigan. Absolutely nothing.
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/
Grails Needed: The Grady Twins (The Shining)

NormanCaruso

Postby NormanCaruso » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:03 am

rdgmjv11 wrote:This is the must frustrating search I've had for something that has already been released...maybe ever.

I've probably been to two dozen Walgreens in 3 different states over the last month. Nobody has Rey. I have someone looking in New York, and another person looking in Michigan. Absolutely nothing.

Haven't seen Rey or Gwen anywhere.
I just always buy the WalGreens exclusives from PC.
The extra $4 is worth it.

Poldyman

Postby Poldyman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:09 am

I've seen Gwen lately while I look tirelessly for Rey. I almost giving up looking, been to probably 12 different stores and nothing, too much gas wasted already. My Old Luke is looking so sad and lonely :(

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:20 am

NormanCaruso wrote:
rdgmjv11 wrote:This is the must frustrating search I've had for something that has already been released...maybe ever.

Sadly that's no longer an option for anyone in the US as of about 5 hours ago.
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/

NormanCaruso

Postby NormanCaruso » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:26 am

rdgmjv11 wrote:
NormanCaruso wrote:

Is it sold out?
Still shows In stock on website.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:35 am

NormanCaruso wrote:
rdgmjv11 wrote:
NormanCaruso wrote:Haven't seen Rey or Gwen anywhere.

Is it sold out?
Still shows In stock on website.

Popcultcha's no longer shipping exclusives to the US/Canada.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70906&start=823
399 POPs and counting...

MrBungle

Postby MrBungle » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:41 am

Have not seen Rey in CT but have seen Gwen. Two managers I've spoken to said they won't ask for new SW pops until they clear out the existing ones (Ree, Kit, Plo).

I have to think there are tons of Reys in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be shipped...

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:48 am

MrBungle wrote:Have not seen Rey in CT but have seen Gwen. Two managers I've spoken to said they won't ask for new SW pops until they clear out the existing ones (Ree, Kit, Plo).

I have to think there are tons of Reys in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be shipped...

That's what I'm thinking as well.

And judging by the amount of Star Wars pops still on the shelves at my local Walgreens...that could be quite awhile. I have four in my city, and only one of those has even gotten the Ree/Kit/Plos - the rest are still sitting on Snowtroopers and Imperial Guards. Yeesh.
399 POPs and counting...

Fjc1911

Postby Fjc1911 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:50 pm

The Walgreens in my area are still full of Gotham and Ree/Kit/Plos, too. I was hoping that Walgreens would be selling Pops via their website, even though they had a catastrophe with SDCC GITD Green Goblin.
ISO:
NYCC Qui Gon Jin
Toy Tokyo Cereal Monster 3 Pack
Robot Freddy Funko
Funday Kylo Freddy
The Walking Dead Bloody Daryl in Poncho (HT)
The Walking Dead Zombie Merle
The Walking Dead Bloody Bicycle Girl (PX exclusive)

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:58 am

I thought I was in luck when I finally found 2 of these in a local Walgreens. When I picked them up to inspect the boxes, the back and sides were crushed and probably on purpose. I can't stand when people do that.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

MrNickPOPagiorgio

Postby MrNickPOPagiorgio » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:42 pm

I gave up searching as well and bought one off eBay. I was tired of finding full sets of the last SW exclusives and Spider-Gwens.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:25 pm

rdgmjv11 wrote:
MrBungle wrote:Have not seen Rey in CT but have seen Gwen. Two managers I've spoken to said they won't ask for new SW pops until they clear out the existing ones (Ree, Kit, Plo).

That's what I'm thinking as well.

And judging by the amount of Star Wars pops still on the shelves at my local Walgreens...that could be quite awhile. I have four in my city, and only one of those has even gotten the Ree/Kit/Plos - the rest are still sitting on Snowtroopers and Imperial Guards. Yeesh.

What I don't understand is why not ship these to stores that never got many or have people asking for them? I think it could help everyone honestly. I know some Walgreens in the area never even got the first set of four SW exclusives. Mind-boggling.

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 pm

wsm10 wrote:What I don't understand is why not ship these to stores that never got many or have people asking for them? I think it could help everyone honestly. I know some Walgreens in the area never even got the first set of four SW exclusives. Mind-boggling.

When I was calling around and talking to different Walgreens, one of the employees said that their Pops are auto-shipped. Once it gets down to 0-1 SW Pops, the system would automatically reorder new ones. And that they didn't know which SW Pops would be coming in each shipment. *shrugs*
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:36 pm

The toys department is something of a mystery at Walgreens. I do know that very rarely does anything from that department get authorized to stores. One exception was the SW:TFA endcap, which, at least in my area, has led to a boat load of unsold product. If stores aren't getting the product, it's either because the DC doesn't have them yet or the SKU is linked to the existing SKU and being shipped out after existing stock is depleted.
Armed with the UPC, I will report tomorrow with what information I can add to this discussion.

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:41 pm

valorandvellum wrote:When I was calling around and talking to different Walgreens, one of the employees said that their Pops are auto-shipped. Once it gets down to 0-1 SW Pops, the system would automatically reorder new ones. And that they didn't know which SW Pops would be coming in each shipment. *shrugs*

99% of the store's merchandise automatically generates a suggested order, that doesn't mean it will be shipped, nor does it mean that a store can't increase or decrease that quantity before the order releases to the DC.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:54 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
wsm10 wrote:What I don't understand is why not ship these to stores that never got many or have people asking for them? I think it could help everyone honestly. I know some Walgreens in the area never even got the first set of four SW exclusives. Mind-boggling.

When I was calling around and talking to different Walgreens, one of the employees said that their Pops are auto-shipped. Once it gets down to 0-1 SW Pops, the system would automatically reorder new ones. And that they didn't know which SW Pops would be coming in each shipment. *shrugs*

Right on, thanks for the info. I wish their system would have the ability to pull from stores with overstock that isn't moving. I think out could help everyone, but I also understand the logistics nightmare that could become. Bummers.

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:31 pm

I think it was stated earlier in the thread, but these are linked to the regular assortment of Star Wars exclusives. My DC has a bunch on order expected to arrive first week of September, but again, since everything is linked, there is no way of knowing what will be arriving there, either.

Dogmatic

Postby Dogmatic » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:12 am

Stopped in a Walgreens yesterday that's off my normal beaten path to hunt for Great Pumpkin Pops, and to my surprise there were four Reys there. Grabbed one for myself, and willing to go back for the rest to help folks out that are still looking.
NES JASON 4 LIFE
ISO: 8-Bit Jason proto, NES colorway. If it exists, anyway.

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:42 am

I've been looking throughout New Jersey for weeks, but keep stumbling on more of Plo Koon assortment. Glad to see it was so widely restocked, but it's frustrating when I know Rey is waiting for that open space.

JPcollector

Postby JPcollector » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:39 pm

I had found about 6 of these at the Walgreens in Passaic NJ, but passed on picking one up. Didn't think it would be that popular. Went back recently to see what they had and they were all gone. However, I work in NY and saw 1 on Friday at the Walgreens in Penn station. There was also a Green Goblin, which I picked up. I then walked across the street to another Walgreens and picked up Iron Spider, Glow in the Dark Black suit Spider-Man and another Green Goblin in a cleaner box. Most of the Walgreens in my area Northern Nj have most of the other Star Wars exclusives. Kit Fisto, Ploo Koon, Rey Yees, and the At-At driver.
Funko Pops I'd like to see:

Pop! Movies
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Warriors
Blues Brothers
Escape from New York

Pop! Rock
A Tribe called Quest
Beastie Boys with an MCA Nathaniel Hornblower variant
George Clinton and parliament or funkadelic
James Brown
Stevie Wonder

Real People
Muhammad Ali
Richard Pryor

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:34 pm

My DC had the earliest ship date pushed back to 10/03. There are 1024 cases on order for distro, but again, contents unknown.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:41 am

I picked up a few of the Rey if anyone is needing one...just shoot me a PM

NormanCaruso

Postby NormanCaruso » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Rey finally hitting the Midwest.
Saw 7 Final Scenes at store today.
Actually nice boxes too.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:44 pm

NormanCaruso wrote:Rey finally hitting the Midwest.
Saw 7 Final Scenes at store today.
Actually nice boxes too.

Where at in the Midwest are you, if you don't mind me asking?
399 POPs and counting...

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:22 pm

Got one :) Trading a bullseye for one, very excited!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

BigHow

Postby BigHow » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:27 pm

Anyone in the Los Angeles area, I found about 8 of them at my local Walgreens in Venice/SaMo. Boxes were all in great condition.

That same Walgreens also has a Taskmaster, GG, and Black Suit Spidey. Boxes on GG and Spidey are not great though.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Teen Wolf!

http://www.fixitinpost.org - Infrequent Pop Culture Thoughts

Looking for any of the following Pop Protos: Teen Wolf 1985, Astronaut Snoopy, Halloween/Pilot Snoopy, Woodstock, Wicket, Skeletor, Target Bullseye, Sugar Bear, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Topanga (from Boy Meets World)!

JPcollector

Postby JPcollector » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:30 pm

I just saw two in NY Penn Station Walgreens, about an hot ago. If anyone is looking for them in NYC.
Funko Pops I'd like to see:

Pop! Movies
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Warriors
Blues Brothers
Escape from New York

Pop! Rock
A Tribe called Quest
Beastie Boys with an MCA Nathaniel Hornblower variant
George Clinton and parliament or funkadelic
James Brown
Stevie Wonder

Real People
Muhammad Ali
Richard Pryor

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Rey FINALLY showed up at my store today... we had four total stockings of the SW Kit/Ree/Plo/At-At set before she appeared. Been waiting a long time haha
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

MrBungle

Postby MrBungle » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:27 pm

My local WG got in a set of......Nightmare Before X-Mas but no Rey! What the?
If anyone has an extra WG Rey and wants to trade for a Wal-Mart Kylo...shoot me a PM.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:52 pm

FINALLY GOT ONE

After two months of searching my buddy in NY ran across four at a Walgreens 90 minutes from his house today.
399 POPs and counting...

Koppper

Postby Koppper » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Dang still 3 left sitting in my Walgreens down the street, started with 10 a few weeks ago.

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Still haven't seen her in south chicago burbs. I was lucky to pick her up from PC before the RS'd her.

estrus

Postby estrus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:58 pm

While out hunting for The Marvel line, I encountered quite a few Rey's. I didn't realize people were after her. I'll go out and grab a couple tomorrow and try to trade for the Marvel ones I'm missing.

Royasave33

Postby Royasave33 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:11 pm

Finally after 6 Walgreens today finally found one

Central IL Funko Fan

Postby Central IL Funko Fan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Got one Friday at local store. :)

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:11 pm

I found two extras if anyone needs luv to trade!
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

MrBungle

Postby MrBungle » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Ok..getting nervous now. Did these show up in CT or the Northeast at all? I check WG almost daily and I see Marvels, Peanuts, Nightmare B4 Xmas, and tons of Ree, Plo and Kits....no Rey.

Return to “Pop!”