Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BRiley0216

Re: What POP! do you think Funko should VAULT?

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:13 pm

I dont even know lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:48 pm

KidMarvel wrote:I guess we'!ll only know in a year of 2 if vaulting has a similar effect then before. Run editions used to be lower and I think minimum run count for a new mould is along the lines of 30k or so. That being said, I'm not complaining because it's easier for me to get what I want now without resorting to ebay! \:D/

\:D/ <---- yes indeed
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:12 pm

Tmnt! lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:30 am

digithor wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:I guess we'!ll only know in a year of 2 if vaulting has a similar effect then before. Run editions used to be lower and I think minimum run count for a new mould is along the lines of 30k or so. That being said, I'm not complaining because it's easier for me to get what I want now without resorting to ebay! \:D/

Im definitely not complaining either but due to the fact im a dinosaur and have been collecting for a while. I will say the climate was a little more entertaining when we had a sense of urgency to pick things up because we knew it would be discontinued sooner than later. You are absolutely right though fam. Edition runs are CRAZY larger then in the past
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:20 am

PopPChulo wrote:
digithor wrote:

Im definitely not complaining either but due to the fact im a dinosaur and have been collecting for a while. I will say the climate was a little more entertaining when we had a sense of urgency to pick things up because we knew it would be discontinued sooner than later. You are absolutely right though fam. Edition runs are CRAZY larger then in the past

Yeah man, I remember the days when getting a pop off Funko Shop was the dream! The days of Adicons like lucky, fruit brute such fond memories of the exhilaration and sometimes devastation as well :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:38 am

KidMarvel wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yeah man, I remember the days when getting a pop off Funko Shop was the dream! The days of Adicons like lucky, fruit brute such fond memories of the exhilaration and sometimes devastation as well :D

Bro i remember how HYPE the funko shop used to be fam. You would think it was a jordan release or something. I remember the releases used to be so hype i would wake up every morning at 7 a.m. to see what was going on the shop faithfully. Haha i remember when whenever you cart a item on the funkoshop your heart would start beating fast asf because you are not quite sure if your going to leave with what you want. It was sooooo much fun. I like the adrenaline rush of not knowing if im going to get this super hype item or not. Its fun to me. I really just hope they choose to keep doing things like they have been but sprinkle numbered LEs in like once or twice a month and shock drop them instead of announcing those speicifc ones.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:07 am

PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Bro i remember how HYPE the funko shop used to be fam. You would think it was a jordan release or something. I remember the releases used to be so hype i would wake up every morning at 7 a.m. to see what was going on the shop faithfully. Haha i remember when whenever you cart a item on the funkoshop your heart would start beating fast asf because you are not quite sure if your going to leave with what you want. It was sooooo much fun. I like the adrenaline rush of not knowing if im going to get this super hype item or not. Its fun to me. I really just hope they choose to keep doing things like they have been but sprinkle numbered LEs in like once or twice a month and shock drop them instead of announcing those speicifc ones.

Yeah the recent misses on Scooby Doo pops on Funko shop brought those memories back :D Guess I've lost the quick click reflexes
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:00 pm

I think they should vault Wall-E
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:08 am

Thepopninja wrote:I think they should vault Wall-E

I kind of want to call him Vault-E then. :D
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:02 am

KidMarvel wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Yeah the recent misses on Scooby Doo pops on Funko shop brought those memories back :D Guess I've lost the quick click reflexes

Lol i cant help but feel like scrappy caught a lot of people off gaurd tbh
PopPChulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:49 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Lol i cant help but feel like scrappy caught a lot of people off gaurd tbh

It did catch a lot of people off guard. It was a low release which I thought was good on Funkos part. I do wonder if they will keep doing this with all the scooby doo release on there shop. There are still more to be made. Maybe the make Batman when he was on the show in a scooby doo box. That would get some attention. Also making it a limited piece would give it more pop. We haven’t had a limited number pop since batdog I believe.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

BigEvilDad

Postby BigEvilDad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:02 am

PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

And then the bots came.... like damn shopping terminators... lol
~Big Evil Dad

SDCC: 1996-2023
Fundays: 2016 - 2022

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:20 am

BigEvilDad wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

And then the bots came.... like damn shopping terminators... lol

Lolol i think the bots have been around for years. I dont think they are a new development.
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:59 pm

Gotta come back and revive this thread because boy did funko vault quite a few pops today and I am not going to lie - it was refreshing to see a lot of peices I own hit that list. This is one of the best parts of being a collector being realized and I’m happy they are moving in this direction and I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks they’ve been doing this
PopPChulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:17 pm

it was one heck of a vaulty day indeed.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:19 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Gotta come back and revive this thread because boy did funko vault quite a few pops today and I am not going to lie - it was refreshing to see a lot of peices I own hit that list. This is one of the best parts of being a collector being realized and I’m happy they are moving in this direction and I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks they’ve been doing this

Where do you find a list of what’s been vaulted?

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:55 am

Mr Yac wrote:it was one heck of a vaulty day indeed.

Most definitely!
:freddy1:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:03 am

emoagogo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Gotta come back and revive this thread because boy did funko vault quite a few pops today and I am not going to lie - it was refreshing to see a lot of peices I own hit that list. This is one of the best parts of being a collector being realized and I’m happy they are moving in this direction and I’ve noticed over the last couple of weeks they’ve been doing this

Where do you find a list of what’s been vaulted?

You actually can explore the vaulted section on the funko app
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:24 pm

It’s time to vault that initial Naruto wave :)
PopPChulo

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:52 pm

The entire gold line as it drops. That way their vault is full of gold.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:09 pm

Nooklin wrote:The entire gold line as it drops. That way their vault is full of gold.

Hahahhahahahahhahaah lol I’m suprised the Funko Gold Line isn’t numbered or hyper limited. They are a very unique aesthetic and should be short print
PopPChulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:51 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Hahahhahahahahhahaah lol I’m suprised the Funko Gold Line isn’t numbered or hyper limited. They are a very unique aesthetic and should be short print

i thought they'd follow the Soda model for sure.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 am

Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

i thought they'd follow the Soda model for sure.

Yeah I find it kind of odd that they didn’t follow the soda model for those figures. They didn’t deliver much backstory on the line either
PopPChulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:28 am

Nooklin wrote:The entire gold line as it drops. That way their vault is full of gold.

LOL now that's funny!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:26 am

Had to bring this thread back cause it’s relevant

It’s time to do a mass sweep on My Hero Academia and Dragonball lol, waaaaaaay to many figures in production for each line as it stands and it would increase the appeal if some were vaulted
PopPChulo

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:48 am

PopPChulo wrote:Had to bring this thread back cause it’s relevant

It’s time to do a mass sweep on My Hero Academia and Dragonball lol, waaaaaaay to many figures in production for each line as it stands and it would increase the appeal if some were vaulted

Honestly I think this would help MHA pops out a bunch
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:38 am

The mold of each individual pop actually costs tens of thousands of dollars so they have a limited shelf life to begin with, eventually they all get vaulted & these days the remakes of the same character in a different pose is more prevalent as well
Last edited by brooklyn_geek on Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlegoldie

Postby littlegoldie » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:49 am

Vault all the chrome pops.

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:27 pm

They should vault a lot of things honestly. Endless rereleases hurts the hobby in the long run in a collectible stand point. Needs to be a nice mix of LE, rare, or hard to get because it’s vaulted. It’s nice to pick stuff up easily but stuff never gets vaulted there’s an issue….maybe stuff older than X amount of time gets vaulted automatically.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:34 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey,

What Funko POP! do you think that it is time for Funko to VAULT?

What have you seen on your local stores shelves or are you ready for a new wave of ? Sound off below!

Could it be that the Vaulted days are over? :dontknow:
Image Image
ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:35 pm

littlegoldie wrote:Vault all the chrome pops.

Not vault all the chrome pops? :roflmao: :roflmao: Hilarious. Not sure why the chrome variant doesn’t get much love among the masses. :-k lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:18 pm

PopElvi wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Had to bring this thread back cause it’s relevant

Honestly I think this would help MHA pops out a bunch

I LOVE MHA and I think the character designs are A1 but I think the line in it’s entirety could benefit from a mass vault. It will get a lot of those older figures that are sitting off the shelves & will make clear room for new exclusives. Tbh I don’t know why funko is so hesitant to vault nowadays - we live in a microwave society and the more you pump out the better. Older collectors benefit while newer collectors get introduced to the excitement of essentially trying to collect the infinity stones lol
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:21 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:The mold of each individual pop actually costs tens of thousands of dollars so they have a limited shelf life to begin with, eventually they all get vaulted & these days the remakes of the same character in a different pose is more prevalent as well

Yeah but when you know the linguistics bts sometimes a popular mold remains in production because it can meet demand. Other licenses boast a wholesome 7+ year renewal and other licenses have a absurd amount of minimum order associated with them. All in all, I think vaulting should be explored much more frequently & demand will grow as people will feel the crunch to collect. I myself rarely pick up commons nowadays cause I feel as their readily available almost infinitely. :)
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:25 pm

DFWFunkoHunter wrote:They should vault a lot of things honestly. Endless rereleases hurts the hobby in the long run in a collectible stand point. Needs to be a nice mix of LE, rare, or hard to get because it’s vaulted. It’s nice to pick stuff up easily but stuff never gets vaulted there’s an issue….maybe stuff older than X amount of time gets vaulted automatically.

Well I agree absolutely. I kinda feel like there’s not a better present than the present. What I mean by that is that seasoned collectors in the hobby that are picking up everything they like should be rewarded after holding a figure for a year or two by it being discontinued which in turn will allow that collectible to acquire value and become even more prevalent/collectible. I got in end of 2015 beginning of 2016 & I was lucky enough to find vaulted figures at comic/hobby shops and it was exciting to stumble across those gems. Recently I can’t tell you the last time I felt a crunch to get anything other then con exclusives and nft drops. I will say though, they do vault things sporadically. I just wish year to year the schedule was consistent. It would be exciting to see them do a mass vault each year.
PopPChulo

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:11 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:The mold of each individual pop actually costs tens of thousands of dollars so they have a limited shelf life to begin with, eventually they all get vaulted & these days the remakes of the same character in a different pose is more prevalent as well

Yeah but when you know the linguistics bts sometimes a popular mold remains in production because it can meet demand. Other licenses boast a wholesome 7+ year renewal and other licenses have a absurd amount of minimum order associated with them. All in all, I think vaulting should be explored much more frequently & demand will grow as people will feel the crunch to collect. I myself rarely pick up commons nowadays cause I feel as their readily available almost infinitely. :)

I think you meant logistics lol pretty aware of a lot of them

Not sure of the agenda here, but eventually all of these go bye bye, sooner or later...scarcity doesn't always increase demand nor are one set of collectors values indicative of the spending habits of the general public. Not trying to have deep debate but it somehow went from a thread asking what we think should be vaulted to one trying to rally support for more frequent vaulting & I have no idea what that's all about

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:53 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I think you meant logistics lol pretty aware of a lot of them

Not sure of the agenda here, but eventually all of these go bye bye, sooner or later...scarcity doesn't always increase demand nor are one set of collectors values indicative of the spending habits of the general public. Not trying to have deep debate but it somehow went from a thread asking what we think should be vaulted to one trying to rally support for more frequent vaulting & I have no idea what that's all about

I did mean logistics lol I understand your pov and as you said no debates so I’ll stay away from going any deeper into my pov as to why they should vault more often. Happy holidays
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:56 pm

lavery01 wrote:

Not vault all the chrome pops? :roflmao: :roflmao: Hilarious. Not sure why the chrome variant doesn’t get much love among the masses. :-k lol

It’s kinda weird how that sentiment shifted. Lol I remember people adored chrome variants at first
PopPChulo

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:50 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

It’s kinda weird how that sentiment shifted. Lol I remember people adored chrome variants at first

They’re okay in my book. But I always favored GITD variants.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:01 pm

lavery01 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

I would go 1. FLOCKED
2.GITD
3.BLACKLIGHT
4.CHROME
Image Image
ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:35 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
lavery01 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I would go 1. FLOCKED
2.GITD
3.BLACKLIGHT
4.CHROME

You forgot Metallic. And I think metallic should come before blacklight.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Return to “Pop!”