Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mr Yac

Re: Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:35 am

Gonzo206 wrote:
My brother is convinced that he is cannon now, and refuses to have a discussion with me about it.

while i'm sure he'll get rolled into the main universe if the show comes back like Beerus and Golden Freiza. at the moment he's still just another movie villain. i'm just hoping he actually gets to have a personality this time and isn't just a giant cry-baby with a 1 word vocabulary.

.....have I ever told you guys how much i friggin hate Broly yet?

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:11 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
My brother is convinced that he is cannon now, and refuses to have a discussion with me about it.

while i'm sure he'll get rolled into the main universe if the show comes back like Beerus and Golden Freiza. at the moment he's still just another movie villain. i'm just hoping he actually gets to have a personality this time and isn't just a giant cry-baby with a 1 word vocabulary.

I could see that happening, but as he's been in three movies already I don't believe he'll be cannon. Unless, like you say, he gets rolled over like the other 2 did. I liked the beginning of Broly, but yeah, the whole anger from his childhood progressing into adulthood and only being able to say "Kakarot" makes for a not impressive villian. Although, now that I say that, he reminds me of The Hulk lol

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:53 am

Gonzo206 wrote: Although, now that I say that, he reminds me of The Hulk lol

haha, well sure but only if Hulk could only say "Gamma bomb!" over and over lol

it's just weird to me how popular he is, and yes I've accepted long ago that i clearly just don't understand what people like for whatever reason. but he's honestly the least interesting of all the movie villains, yet he's the one everybody loves....it just confuses me as to how that works.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:05 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote: Although, now that I say that, he reminds me of The Hulk lol

haha, well sure but only if Hulk could only say "Gamma bomb!" over and over lol

it's just weird to me how popular he is, and yes I've accepted long ago that i clearly just don't understand what people like for whatever reason. but he's honestly the least interesting of all the movie villains, yet he's the one everybody loves....it just confuses me as to how that works.

"Gamma bomb" :roflmao:

I think for most it would have to be the back story of the Legendary Super Sayian, and for back then it was a rival to normal Super Sayian. I think if they gave him a much more in depth back story, he'd be more interesting. As well as not making the other two movies...especially Bio-Broly ](*,)

Instagram: whatthefunk206

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:19 am

I just want some new dragon ball animation on any screen, big or television.

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm

emk194 wrote:
nyraza wrote:Went by Toy Toyko to ask what they think the settled price of Chrome Vegeta would be after the convention. One of the guys literally said "If you can find one for $450, Id buy it now" smh. Im just praying its made in similar quantity as gold dragonzord

Guess I'll be passing on their exclusive, then. That's ridiculous.

Was expecting them to say something like "we expect it to settle around 200-250", but $450.... Thats more expensive than any limited convention pop before release or directly after...even Blue Chrome Batman was at $200-250 before the Black Chrome annoucement smh.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:53 pm

nyraza wrote:
emk194 wrote:
nyraza wrote:Went by Toy Toyko to ask what they think the settled price of Chrome Vegeta would be after the convention. One of the guys literally said "If you can find one for $450, Id buy it now" smh. Im just praying its made in similar quantity as gold dragonzord

Was expecting them to say something like "we expect it to settle around 200-250", but $450.... Thats more expensive than any limited convention pop before release or directly after...even Blue Chrome Batman was at $200-250 before the Black Chrome annoucement smh.

Chrome Vegetable isn't numbered right?

Am I missing something bc it's Toy Tokyo?
Funatic of all things Funko!!

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:57 pm

::taken from Reddit in reference to Planet Arlia Vegeta::

you think if this is true, it could be happening again?

"around the time toy tokyo was buying out the stock at the nba store in NY some folks theorized that TT actually still has stock and either sells them themselves on ebay at rising prices over time or someone with a connection to them does, no idea if that is true but it would not surprise me"
Funatic of all things Funko!!

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:19 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
nyraza wrote:
emk194 wrote:

Chrome Vegetable isn't numbered right?

Am I missing something bc it's Toy Tokyo?

nope Vegeta isnt numbered. Unfortunately we have no idea if the production run is similar to Gold DragonZord or Blue Chrome Batman, both of which were also TT exclusives. Think everyone is praying its similar to Gold DragonZord and all those who paid $450+ shouldve waited...but doesnt seem likely at this point, especially after one of the employees saying that.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am

Gonzo206 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:

I could see that happening, but as he's been in three movies already I don't believe he'll be cannon. Unless, like you say, he gets rolled over like the other 2 did. I liked the beginning of Broly, but yeah, the whole anger from his childhood progressing into adulthood and only being able to say "Kakarot" makes for a not impressive villian. Although, now that I say that, he reminds me of The Hulk lol

I feel like he will be. Super went the route of rolling over two movies into canon universe and then Boruto did as well as it should be done, not alot of episodes and some tweaks and more character development.

It seems to be the trend.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 pm

Got my Master Roshi FYE Pop! from the store today! ^^ I really do like this version, and I can see why a good amount of folks want it. It’s pretty cool.
:freddy1:

Return to “Pop!”