Glow In The Dark POPs!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Ratattack

Re: Glow In The Dark POPs!

Postby Ratattack » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:42 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Yeah i bought these because i had some birthday coupon and some other random coupon. It would have hurt more at full price

I feel like buying 6 hoping for a chase and selling the commons for $5 a piece.

I bought 10 hades hoping that and did not end up with a single chase. I cant bring myself to doing that again

I ordered 6 when HT Aang released and got 1 Chase! I was super excited, but at the same time I had an extra 4 commons (kept one of them for the collection). I just stored the extras away and saved them for customs down the line. With a quarantine in effect in my state, I'll be able to hopefully finish these custom projects that have been on hold for months lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:43 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Yeah i bought these because i had some birthday coupon and some other random coupon. It would have hurt more at full price

Good luck with the Chase if you try for it online :)

Thanks and good luck to you as well. Hope you find one.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:55 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Good luck with the Chase if you try for it online :)

Thanks and good luck to you as well. Hope you find one.

Thank you! I'll need all the luck I can get, specially with the upcoming Kora GITD chase that will be going to HT. Hopefully, everything clears up and HT opens again so that I can camp out for it. Otherwise, I'll have to test my luck online. :eek:

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:06 pm

My favorite glow has to be the Nessie pop from ECCC this year.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:30 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I bought 10 hades hoping that and did not end up with a single chase. I cant bring myself to doing that again

10, oh my gosh. Now I have second thoughts. I can't imagine how you must of felt.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:32 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I ordered 6 when HT Aang released and got 1 Chase! I was super excited, but at the same time I had an extra 4 commons (kept one of them for the collection). I just stored the extras away and saved them for customs down the line. With a quarantine in effect in my state, I'll be able to hopefully finish these custom projects that have been on hold for months lol

Good idea and it will keep you busy for a time being. Show us the customs when you are done.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:35 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:I bought 10 hades hoping that and did not end up with a single chase. I cant bring myself to doing that again

Good idea and it will keep you busy for a time being. Show us the customs when you are done.

I shall once I start completing them. I have several projects in the pipeline! While I'm still currently going to work, I don't have much to do when I'm off, so I'll dedicate that time to work on them! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:22 am

Glow is life yall!

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:46 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:My favorite glow has to be the Nessie pop from ECCC this year.

Yea the glow on Nessie is pretty dope. I dont collect Myths, but GITD Nessie was one of my favorite pops from ECCC Virtual Con.
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:26 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:My favorite glow has to be the Nessie pop from ECCC this year.

totally agree! I couldn't get my hands on this one but it's one of my favorite glow pops of all.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:47 am

angrynate wrote:

totally agree! I couldn't get my hands on this one but it's one of my favorite glow pops of all.

I'll still waiting to see a glow pic lol someone help me out!

millone

Postby millone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Nice, good to hear that it works for some people. Good use of this down time too. Thinking we are going to see a lot of custom pops coming out of this isolation. Haha

millone

Postby millone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:17 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

10, oh my gosh. Now I have second thoughts. I can't imagine how you must of felt.

I still remember opening each of those mailers. Each one made my frown just a little bit bigger

millone

Postby millone » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:19 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I shall once I start completing them. I have several projects in the pipeline! While I'm still currently going to work, I don't have much to do when I'm off, so I'll dedicate that time to work on them! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Take care of yourself at work. I guess you are one of the few essentials that still goes to work. Im just sitting around personally. lol

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:21 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

hope you get a chance then if you are still going to work. thought you were WFH.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:I bought 10 hades hoping that and did not end up with a single chase. I cant bring myself to doing that again

I still remember opening each of those mailers. Each one made my frown just a little bit bigger

I can only imagine. Probably keep me from ordering anymore like that.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 pm

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Take care of yourself at work. I guess you are one of the few essentials that still goes to work. Im just sitting around personally. lol

I would like to just sit around.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:51 pm

Really digging this glow on the ECCC lockness monster.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:42 am

millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Thank you! Yes, I'm being very careful at work and also at home.

I think if my work send me to WFH, I wouldn't get much done lol I tend to procrastinate a lot. For some reason, I think I have all the time in the world; and before I realize it, I have to postpone several items in my to-do list #-o

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:50 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

hope you get a chance then if you are still going to work. thought you were WFH.

Working from home sounds very comfortable; but knowing me, I wouldn't get much done ](*,)

And yes! I can't wait to complete some of the customs I have planned. I'm looking forward to sharing them and getting some feedback!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:53 am

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

are you currently also going to work?

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:01 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Really digging this glow on the ECCC lockness monster.

Same, it’s just crazy how good it is after being charged up with a black light.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:09 am

I think the glow Tikis from Fundays are amazing, love the glow pops and box
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:53 am

The Cell glow is extremely awesome too!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

millone

Postby millone » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:52 pm

nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

It is a blessing and a curse. I certainly like time off dont get me wrong, but then i start to worry about whats next

millone

Postby millone » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I think if my work send me to WFH, I wouldn't get much done lol I tend to procrastinate a lot. For some reason, I think I have all the time in the world; and before I realize it, I have to postpone several items in my to-do list #-o

It takes some practice for sure, but not looking at my gitd pops and wondering if i should buy some more is the biggest skill

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:30 pm

The GITD Nessy is simply amazing. I’m hoping in a few months the prices will come in and I’ll get myself one. I’m patient but it will be mine.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:30 pm

Ratattack wrote:
millone wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I totally understand. I would probably sleep the whole day and watch tv from bed, then sleep again. I would forget about work.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:32 pm

Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Take care of yourself at work. I guess you are one of the few essentials that still goes to work. Im just sitting around personally. lol

Unfortunately, yes I"m still going to work. I feel like Denzil Washington in that apocalyptic movie when I'm going to work. Can't remember the name.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:40 pm

millone wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
millone wrote:Take care of yourself at work. I guess you are one of the few essentials that still goes to work. Im just sitting around personally. lol

It is a blessing and a curse. I certainly like time off dont get me wrong, but then i start to worry about whats next

I guess your right. I know being locked in, sometimes gets to me.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:15 am

pberickp wrote:The GITD Nessy is simply amazing. I’m hoping in a few months the prices will come in and I’ll get myself one. I’m patient but it will be mine.

Nessy is a nice piece and it also helps that it has a great glow! But yes, patience is key.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:16 am

pberickp wrote:The GITD Nessy is simply amazing. I’m hoping in a few months the prices will come in and I’ll get myself one. I’m patient but it will be mine.

Same thoughts over here for that one also. :alien:
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:27 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

I totally understand. I would probably sleep the whole day and watch tv from bed, then sleep again. I would forget about work.

Specially in the world we live in today, there are so many distractions. Streaming and my bed would be my peril #-o

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:37 am

nightbodega wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Unfortunately, yes I"m still going to work. I feel like Denzil Washington in that apocalyptic movie when I'm going to work. Can't remember the name.

I am right there with you. I am still going to work as well, and told I am exempt from the california stay at home order. I am considered essential at the federal level.
Collecting since 2014

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:51 am

Funko_boy13 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Really digging this glow on the ECCC lockness monster.

Same, it’s just crazy how good it is after being charged up with a black light.

It is very clear when taking a pick of it glowing.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

wolfe335

Postby wolfe335 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:10 am

I would love a GITD Houdini Splicer from Bioshock

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:43 am

GITD Galactus!!!!!!!!

Mattyboy03

Postby Mattyboy03 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 pm

I charged my ECCC Perfect Cell Pop with the black light flashlight last night and man his glow looks AWESOME!

Matt or Matt-Chew!

Instagram: Bigluciouz

Fundays 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2018
Funko Fright Night II

Latest Grails I'm Looking For:

-18" Retro Freddy Skeletor - Color Freddy He-Man & Freddy Skeletor PoP! Protos - Elvira, All Black Pop! Proto

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Mattyboy03 wrote:I charged my ECCC Perfect Cell Pop with the black light flashlight last night and man his glow looks AWESOME!

I'd love to see a picture if you are willing to share?
Hi, I’m Steph.

Mattyboy03

Postby Mattyboy03 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:06 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Mattyboy03 wrote:I charged my ECCC Perfect Cell Pop with the black light flashlight last night and man his glow looks AWESOME!

I'd love to see a picture if you are willing to share?

I forgot to take one last night, but I just charged him some and took one.

Matt or Matt-Chew!

Instagram: Bigluciouz

Fundays 2013 - 2014 - 2015 - 2016 - 2018
Funko Fright Night II

Latest Grails I'm Looking For:

-18" Retro Freddy Skeletor - Color Freddy He-Man & Freddy Skeletor PoP! Protos - Elvira, All Black Pop! Proto

Return to “Pop!”