Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Anybody else think they’re overdoing it on Freddy lately?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
volsspongebob

Re: Anybody else think they’re overdoing it on Freddy lately?

Postby volsspongebob » Wed May 17, 2023 1:35 pm

mongoose12 wrote:how i'm feeling these days about freddys...

Haha. Same. One can never have enough Freddys. And with all the possibilities of Freddy As,... then I dont see them ever slowing down.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

baghramdunks

Postby baghramdunks » Wed May 17, 2023 2:59 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I’m usually in the minority here on opinions, but am I the only one who thinks them taking Freddy from being a yearly offering that gets maybe a couple hundred pieces and turning him into a bi-monthly drop of thousands is really diminishing his appeal? Wanting a Freddy collection was my top priority when I first learned about him and Fundays, but now what was once such a special epic thing is starting to feel so mundane, which is sad and kind of how I’ve been feeling about collecting Funko in general. I dunno, maybe it’s the announcement of yet another NFT drop meaning a couple thousand new Freddys are destined for this world, but it just got me thinking , and I know how much you all hate me thinking so I’ll end it there.

Agreed. Freddy has def lost some appeal. It’s Freddy fatigue tbh but I do think if they decide to keep pumping out Freddy’s at least make it so they’re actually limited. Freddy I feel like was should be something that is coveted and limited, not mass produced which is a weird thing to say considering it’s a Funko product lol.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 24, 2023 6:26 pm

That could be a fun 2 pack of freddy and proto.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Dahhaka1435

Postby Dahhaka1435 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:12 am

As long as there are cool designs, we can continue with the Freddy variants

Sofunko

Postby Sofunko » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:55 am

baghramdunks wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:I’m usually in the minority here on opinions, but am I the only one who thinks them taking Freddy from being a yearly offering that gets maybe a couple hundred pieces and turning him into a bi-monthly drop of thousands is really diminishing his appeal? Wanting a Freddy collection was my top priority when I first learned about him and Fundays, but now what was once such a special epic thing is starting to feel so mundane, which is sad and kind of how I’ve been feeling about collecting Funko in general. I dunno, maybe it’s the announcement of yet another NFT drop meaning a couple thousand new Freddys are destined for this world, but it just got me thinking , and I know how much you all hate me thinking so I’ll end it there.

Agreed. Freddy has def lost some appeal. It’s Freddy fatigue tbh but I do think if they decide to keep pumping out Freddy’s at least make it so they’re actually limited. Freddy I feel like was should be something that is coveted and limited, not mass produced which is a weird thing to say considering it’s a Funko product lol.

Agree....Keep them limited! I still love them but it is fatiguing. I do like the NFTs because they are limited and can be a challenge to get.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:25 pm

digithor wrote:That could be a fun 2 pack of freddy and proto.

Now this I like!!! :bounce:
Image Image
ImageImage

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:24 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:

This is a nice idea.. Maybe in the future we can have proto and actual pop in 2 pack... That would be awesome
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:49 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

This is a nice idea.. Maybe in the future we can have proto and actual pop in 2 pack... That would be awesome

It would have to be extremely limited. Like a 1 of 1. :-({|=
Image Image
ImageImage

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:11 pm

Part of the allure for Freddy for me outside of being a mascot, was him being tied to special events/conventions. I like the idea of him being the royalty for NFTs but the random shop Freddys could be toned down. I will say however I really loved the happy Birthday Freddy from a little while back!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:36 pm

No such thing as too much Freddy!! :cheers:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:28 pm

I always wondered if I'd tire of seeing Freddy pops versus 'regular' pops... but I don't think that day will ever come.

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:34 am

i think it just you
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:47 am

I think it's cool that Freddy has become much more accessible to way more people.
I be Chris

emzben25

Postby emzben25 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:09 am

I love seeing more Freddys! It's super fun. :) It's true it may be a little less special now that there are more of them but I find it fun to collect them.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:17 am

Luke i always say

ALL. THE. FREDDYS. :freddy3:
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

SithLord112

Postby SithLord112 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:40 am

I can see how it can be too many. There has been a lot in the past year but also gives casual Freddy fans a chance at a lot of different ones to choose and grab but also can be a pain for Freddy completest to get them all. The worst is the mystery boxes they have the Freddy exclusives in.
:freddy3:

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:51 pm

I'm going to say no!

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:44 am

Never such thing as too many Freddie’s. There’s too many character variants to get people excited to collect them!
Instagram- calebshiny

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:54 am

Mr Yac wrote:I’m usually in the minority here on opinions, but am I the only one who thinks them taking Freddy from being a yearly offering that gets maybe a couple hundred pieces and turning him into a bi-monthly drop of thousands is really diminishing his appeal?

Not sure you noticed but it is the 25th ANNIVERSARY of FUNKO

Freddy IS the mascot of FUNKO
ImageImage

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:57 am

I feel that ever since Funko went public, they've been flooding the market with everything. Freddys are no exception. Personally I think this is a mistake because Funko's products are losing their exclusivity and value.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
Funko Hollywood
FDO: Sacramento, Los Angeles (×2), and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:15 am

ImranC23 wrote:Part of the allure for Freddy for me outside of being a mascot, was him being tied to special events/conventions. I like the idea of him being the royalty for NFTs but the random shop Freddys could be toned down. I will say however I really loved the happy Birthday Freddy from a little while back!

I agree on your points. Try to keep Freddy unique for special events or collections to avoid Freddy fatigue. :-k
I Collect Stoof :albino:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:28 am

Stat32111 wrote:Never such thing as too many Freddie’s. There’s too many character variants to get people excited to collect them!

100,% with this :bounce: I still looking for some Freddy wants
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:57 pm

Stat32111 wrote:Never such thing as too many Freddie’s. There’s too many character variants to get people excited to collect them!

Exactly. The more Freddys of various fandoms then it becomes more and more true there's something for everyone when collecting Funko.
she/they • ARMY | MOA

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:24 pm

I appreciated having to jump through some hoops to get Freddy Funko pops but I see why some who were around a decade or more ago would say they want to see more of him...that being said considering where sales are and the matter of $31 million in product that had to be destroyed etc over producing ANYTHING is not something Funko should be doing at this point. More variety could be cool if the numbers were smaller but I dislike seeing LE 5000 or LE 10000 on a Freddy Pop...seems less special

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:08 pm

:freddy1: :freddy2: :fdo92: I agree it kinda looks like they're running out of ideas or there isn't any that interest me. However I've been surprised before so I'm looking forward to what or who Freddy will be.

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:13 pm

Aren't they overdoing it for everything? Lol...

But I would like to shed more positive light on the Freddy. I've think the brand icon has gotten more popular as a result. I remember a time when people rarely wanted the Freddy but look at him now! He's definitely gotten a larger fan base. Now that has been accomplished, they can probably tone down a bit haha
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:49 am

I really like the Freddy pops and sodas! I think they can do more variants (to cover more fandoms) but also keep the piece count at a reasonable amount.
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:59 am

Ohlordypops wrote:I really like the Freddy pops and sodas! I think they can do more variants (to cover more fandoms) but also keep the piece count at a reasonable amount.

I think they will eventually make more
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:03 am

My only concern is they made a couple Wolverine Freddys and I'll never be able to get them. Blah.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:10 am

Dahhaka1435 wrote:As long as there are cool designs, we can continue with the Freddy variants

Much agreed!

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:36 am

Here's my simplistic approach... buy the Freddies you love... Don't have to acquire them all. There is surely something for everyone :)
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

islander671

Postby islander671 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:57 am

lol first of all we dont hate you thinking Mr. Yac. We really do appreciate you and the always good interaction. But I do agree with you here I do think they are overdoing the Freddy releases. I know the Fundays and Fright Night Freddy's will always be the highly sought after pieces, but aside from those the pieces being released as con exclusives or store exclusives are starting to be a too much. I am now at that point, instead of looking at picking each one up I am now being more selective.
ImageImageImage

islander671

Postby islander671 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:58 am

Jezter wrote:My only concern is they made a couple Wolverine Freddys and I'll never be able to get them. Blah.

I am 100% in this same boat here, lol they are just too far out of reach for me as well.
ImageImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Jezter wrote:My only concern is they made a couple Wolverine Freddys and I'll never be able to get them. Blah.

I share this concern every year. Whether it's Wolverine or Spider-Man or Optimus Prime or whoever it happens every time. lol That being said, I've commented multiple times this year about the seemingly overabundant Freddys but it's been with excitement because the majority of them were great. This is certainly the most I've ever gotten in one year and ideally my fingers are still tightly crossed to get a couple more before it's over.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:42 pm

As long as they keep them different and unique I love em
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:01 pm

I dont think Funko is "overdoing" it, but I personally prefer the Freddies attached to a specific property and not really the generic ones. That being said I do own some of the more generic ones. That being said, no, I do not think they are overdoing it. :D

Ap4ulcalypse

Postby Ap4ulcalypse » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:07 pm

I like Freddy! The more the better!
:freddy4:

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:42 am

BearyAllen wrote:I dont think Funko is "overdoing" it, but I personally prefer the Freddies attached to a specific property and not really the generic ones. That being said I do own some of the more generic ones. That being said, no, I do not think they are overdoing it. :D

That's my preference, too. Freddy in cosplay reminds me of Halloween costumes or playing dress-up as a kid, whether they were store-bought or handmade costumes. The various Freddys over the years help further reiterate that everyone is a fan of something, whether it's specific IP's, different hobbies/sports we've seen Freddy doing like skiing, skating, hiking, surfing, etc., or even fans of Halloween or Christmas.
she/they • ARMY | MOA

PopCub3

Postby PopCub3 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:55 am

blasphemy! lol
Sean aka Popcubb on IG and cubcore3 on Twitter (x)

:freddy4:

liiilzz

Postby liiilzz » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:25 am

I actually don’t mind it since I’m not a completionist and only collect the particular ones that I like! I do agree they have cranked up the number of Freddy’s that release in a year though

Return to “Pop!”