Your favorite pop?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
stayf3d

Re: The one pop that made you happy

Postby stayf3d » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:19 pm

Winning Social Media Freddy from the Funkast. I was having a bad day at work and I came home and saw that I won the Prize pack on Sound Cloud. Made my day =)
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

djwu

Postby djwu » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Stitch626 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:It's hard to pick just one pop but there's something about just walking into our room of pops that just makes me happy. They are all special in their own way :)

I feel the same way. I love walking into my Funko room and reliving so many memories. I typically buy pops from events that I am lucky to attend or pops of characters that I loved when I was younger. Each one is a little reminder/memory in its own way.

Hahaha I wonder if this is how parents feel when they're asked which one is their favorite.. lol
Image Image

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:18 pm

While at Funko Fundays in 2016, I pulled Captain America and Leaping Deadpool prototypes. My mom also received an extra prototype and didn’t tell me until walking out of Fundays. Obie Wan Kenobi with lightsaber. I just love them. \:D/
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:22 pm

MacKazoo wrote:I love how some people just have common pops for what made them happy.

Yup, this makes me happy by knowing those are the ones that made them happy.
Jenny
For more fun on IG: @harrypopter

Harry Potter. Disney villains.

Fundays 2017 :freddy1:

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:23 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:While at Funko Fundays in 2016, I pulled Captain America and Leaping Deadpool prototypes. My mom also received an extra prototype and didn’t tell me until walking out of Fundays. Obie Wan Kenobi with lightsaber. I just love them. \:D/

Those are awesome and really good finds! I pulled a rando proto from some random movie during Fundays too, but it still makes me happy because I was able to get one.
Jenny

Stitch626

Postby Stitch626 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:25 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:While at Funko Fundays in 2016, I pulled Captain America and Leaping Deadpool prototypes. My mom also received an extra prototype and didn’t tell me until walking out of Fundays. Obie Wan Kenobi with lightsaber. I just love them. \:D/

WOW! Those for sure would have made me incredibly happy too lol
ImageImage
ImageImage. Image.

HarryPOPter

Postby HarryPOPter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:25 pm

djwu wrote:
cmasicampo wrote:Awesome thread djwu!

I have several Pop!s in my collection that bring me happiness, but there are two that do give me the most joy.

The first one being my Emerald Chrome Freddy from HQ Grand Opening. I stood in line with Funatic friends I had met years prior at SDCC and it was my first ever Funko event. I remember being so amazed at how fun a day it was and it’s when I first met many of the Funatics I now call close friends today.

The second is actually a Pop! Two Pack, the Buff Rick and Summer ECCC 2017 Exclusive. It was the first exclusive I was able to get of my favorite line I collect. It also came by way of my first ever trade and happened locally. Little did I know that guy I traded with and his group of friends would all become my friends and guys I talk to almost every day about collecting and everything else in life. What’s up Busters? lol

That is awesome! Yeah figure we can use some positivity for sure! Those are really awesome pops and glad to see so many pops stand out for various reasons from meeting great friends to just great memories

Yeah, that's definitely an awesome story! I love meeting new people through pops! No one judges you for being crazy and you already have some cool things in common hahah.
Jenny

Fountaineer

Postby Fountaineer » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:30 pm

Honestly the pop that keeps me laughing is the Blue Tobias chase from Arrested Development. Such a perfect chase decision.
ImageImage Image Image

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:37 pm

That would put a big smile across my face, everyday as well :)
ImageImageImage

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 pm

HarryPOPter wrote:
MacKazoo wrote:I love how some people just have common pops for what made them happy.

Yup, this makes me happy by knowing those are the ones that made them happy.

Yeah it is.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

funkepops

Postby funkepops » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:04 pm

My metallic flash chase. Makes me complete :razz:
Image Image Image

Follow me on IG: http://www.instagram.com/funkepops
ISO: Regular Tony the Tiger, OG ad icons pops

LexusNexus

Postby LexusNexus » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:12 pm

I don’t have that many pops in my ISO, but the ones i do have are valuable and hard to come by. One being Flashpoint Batman, I had the a couple of chances to get it but never had the funds for it. Until a Christmas ago my boyfriend completely surprised me with a flashpoint Batman. I was super excited and surprised with it.
:freddy1:
Huge lover of Batman and Pixar!
Started collecting in 2013
Pop Count:
ISO: Non Bobble Head Emperor Zurg, 18” Retro Freddy Batman, 18” inch Retro Freddy Robin, DIY Retro Freddy (x3)

rowden

Postby rowden » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 pm

Captain Kirk prototype from Fundays
"Evil knows evil" Dr. Smith- Lost in Space
ImageImage

EctoSpider

Postby EctoSpider » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:40 pm

There are a lot that I love and bring me happiness but the Jurassic Park Alan Grant pop is in a special category. That movie and book is very important in my life and having him in Pop form is amazing.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed May 01, 2019 1:09 am

For me it would be my Reverse Flash. Yellow is my favorite color and I smile on the inside whenever I look at it :)
Still need the GITD version but I'm more than happy with the one I have.

Would also love a metallic one @_____@
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed May 01, 2019 1:10 am

djwu wrote:Was reading through the "The Pops that got away" (great thread still) and thought we need some positive vibes!

What are some Pops that you found, received, purchased or traded for that made you happy?

Could be any time, whether its all time or just as recent as today.

This is a great thread! I appreciate the positivity!
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed May 01, 2019 2:44 am

The 12th Doctor Who in the orange spacesuit. I traded a couple of Conan O'Brien Pops for him. I got the Conan Pops that 1st year they were being given out at the Manchester. God, I miss those days!

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:49 am

Thumper is like a pet to me. Every time I see his cute face, I want to hug him and pet him. Just wish he were bigger or had more variants.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed May 01, 2019 11:57 am

Dork_Knight gave my husband and me a blue and green flocked Bigfoot from ECCC and it's one that makes me really happy since he was so kind to us! Our son's room is monster themed so we will have it up there once I finish putting a shelf up :)
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Ms_CcBabeyy

Postby Ms_CcBabeyy » Wed May 01, 2019 12:20 pm

djwu wrote:Was reading through the "The Pops that got away" (great thread still) and thought we need some positive vibes!

What are some Pops that you found, received, purchased or traded for that made you happy?

Could be any time, whether its all time or just as recent as today.

Oh my goodness, for sure any of my Disney Villains mean so much to me. BUT the pop(s) that take the cake are the Wizard of Oz pops .. every single piece was just so much more than I could even hope for, in person, seeing them for the first time was just mesmerizing. If I had ever needed to stop collecting and/or get rid of my collection for personal reasons, this entire set would stay no matter what.

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Wed May 01, 2019 12:28 pm

All the ones I have make me happy for different reasons but hmmmm I'd say...

Bugs n Hyde two pack..childhood nostalgia, awesome two-pack..worked hard to get it! :freddy2:

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 pm

D4nnym4n123 wrote:Mine would probably be The 10'' Pikachu because I love Pokémon since I was a kid.

It's definitely a cute one!

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Wed May 01, 2019 2:02 pm

D4nnym4n123 wrote:Mine would probably be The 10'' Pikachu because I love Pokémon since I was a kid.

Similar to you, Pikachu (just the 4" version) was my favorite recent acquisition. Pokémon was a big part of my childhood and Pikachu sits right in front of my computer monitor at home! I can't wait to have all 4 starters from the Kanto region to display.

Techwrecker

Postby Techwrecker » Wed May 01, 2019 2:08 pm

One of the pops that made me happy was The Amazing spiderman Japan chase GITD. I got it for Christmas from my girlfriend.

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Being able to grab the Disney Parks excl of Indiana Jones.

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm

I just got a chase metallic green lantern that I had been trying to get since 2015. It was one of the first grails I had my eye on when I first started collected, so finally getting it after 4 years was such a satisfying thing.
Hi, I'm CY

djwu

Postby djwu » Wed May 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Fountaineer wrote:Honestly the pop that keeps me laughing is the Blue Tobias chase from Arrested Development. Such a perfect chase decision.

Its cuz he blue'd himself.. but yeah when I saw it existed I went chasing for the chase, it was awesome just knowing it existed!
Image Image

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Wed May 01, 2019 2:26 pm

All pops make me happy
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:32 pm

Picking up the Buffy Spike Chase and building the entire Lost Boys set.

post31

Postby post31 » Wed May 01, 2019 2:51 pm

The Bob’s Big Boy from the pop up shop during SDCC. Two friend and I where the last 3 to get him on the first day. We lined up about 2 hours before the shop opened and lucked out. Every time I look at it it reminds me of that day and those friends.

I also have a glittery Bobs Big Boy (common one) that a friend made for me. That one also always make me smile.

Oh and my favorite pop still is my first one which is V for Vendetta SDCC exclusive. That one also brings back a ton of memories.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Carolinamelgoza

Postby Carolinamelgoza » Wed May 01, 2019 3:11 pm

I LOVE my Spyro pop. I also love the entire Avatar the Last Airbender set but Spyro is my all time favorite just because I loved playing that game as a kid and i love the reboot!

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Wed May 01, 2019 3:11 pm

When I got the Guy Gardner Pop

Envyjfresh

Postby Envyjfresh » Wed May 01, 2019 3:26 pm

The best pop that made me so damn happy was getting tony stark 32 sdcc exclusive im so grateful i love ironman hardcore iron man fan and will never sell him or trade him for anything regardless or hype regardless if my rent is due lmao

Funky_funko52

Postby Funky_funko52 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Make a wish freddy. Easier to get and its just such a cool little piece. Glad some of the money went to make a wish to. Will always support them
Funky funko 4 life \:D/

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Wed May 01, 2019 3:32 pm

post31 wrote:The Bob’s Big Boy from the pop up shop during SDCC. Two friend and I where the last 3 to get him on the first day. We lined up about 2 hours before the shop opened and lucked out. Every time I look at it it reminds me of that day and those friends.

I also have a glittery Bobs Big Boy (common one) that a friend made for me. That one also always make me smile.

Oh and my favorite pop still is my first one which is V for Vendetta SDCC exclusive. That one also brings back a ton of memories.

One of my favorites as well!!

djwu

Postby djwu » Wed May 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Funky_funko52 wrote:Make a wish freddy. Easier to get and its just such a cool little piece. Glad some of the money went to make a wish to. Will always support them

Yeah that was really nice, my amazon smile goes to the local Make A Wish as well
Image Image

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Wed May 01, 2019 3:34 pm

djwu wrote:
Stitch626 wrote:
Yassiefay4 wrote:It's hard to pick just one pop but there's something about just walking into our room of pops that just makes me happy. They are all special in their own way :)

I feel the same way. I love walking into my Funko room and reliving so many memories. I typically buy pops from events that I am lucky to attend or pops of characters that I loved when I was younger. Each one is a little reminder/memory in its own way.

Hahaha I wonder if this is how parents feel when they're asked which one is their favorite.. lol

Hahahahahaha I'm an only child so i'm always the favourite lol

Martian1314

Postby Martian1314 » Wed May 01, 2019 5:24 pm

When I finally own a Big Boy SDCC POP

MacKazoo

Postby MacKazoo » Wed May 01, 2019 5:31 pm

Another pop that made me happy was the Alien that Battastic sent me.
Just your average Muppet fan who loves Pops.
Funko Wish List: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/poppriceguide/users/muppetspot

TheSecondKira

Postby TheSecondKira » Wed May 01, 2019 6:47 pm

Getting a chase Robot Batman prototype at Fundays and then getting a call the next day from GameStop that my pre-ordered Robot Batman was in-stock and a chase. That was a great week!
Started collecting: June 2015, Favorite lines: Pop Vinyl and Mystery Mini
First Pop: Heimdall, First Convention Pop: Red Eye Frieza, Fave Grail: SDCC Billy (Saw)
Favorite completed sets: Firefly, Michael Jackson, One Piece and Community, Most owned category: Animation

Return to “Pop!”