Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

pops added to vault today

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Darth73

Re: pops added to vault today

Postby Darth73 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:55 pm

so what website are they meant to show up as Vaulted. I checked PPG and another in the last couple of days and the GOT ones listed above still dont say it.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Darth73 wrote:so what website are they meant to show up as Vaulted. I checked PPG and another in the last couple of days and the GOT ones listed above still dont say it.

http://funko.com/collections/pop-vinyl/the-vault

PPG will eventually update, but if you really want to know then you'll have to look Funko's page.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:31 pm

seems like they took 3 off the vault list in the last few hours, I typed in funko to come here and it autocompleted and went to the vault so I checked and Daniel Bryan was first on page 34, but now he's on page 33.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 am

Does anyone have a list/spreadsheet of everything that's vaulted on that page? I'm trying to catalog my collection in a spreadsheet of my own, and flag everything that's vaulted, but the thought of going through 33 pages to search for what's currently in my collection sounds like a nightmare. Anyone able to lend a hand?
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/
Grails Needed: The Grady Twins (The Shining)

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:30 am

Someone made a vault page which shows recently vaulted pops though it was just made so a majority of the vaulted pops listed don't have a date for them but the recent ones do.
http://confusedpublic.co.uk/vault1/
Checkmate.

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:53 am

SoulSnipers53 wrote:Someone made a vault page which shows recently vaulted pops though it was just made so a majority of the vaulted pops listed don't have a date for them but the recent ones do.
http://confusedpublic.co.uk/vault1/

This is perfect. Thanks!
399 POPs and counting...
My Collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/rdgmjv11/3HWTZ8ZV4OQFKAH8/

r2d2

Postby r2d2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:14 am

Darth73 wrote:so what website are they meant to show up as Vaulted. I checked PPG and another in the last couple of days and the GOT ones listed above still dont say it.

PPG is completely independent

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:34 am

rdgmjv11 wrote:Does anyone have a list/spreadsheet of everything that's vaulted on that page? I'm trying to catalog my collection in a spreadsheet of my own, and flag everything that's vaulted, but the thought of going through 33 pages to search for what's currently in my collection sounds like a nightmare. Anyone able to lend a hand?

I have a spreadsheet, just PM me your email if you still need it!
Hi, I'm Merri!

rdgmjv11

Postby rdgmjv11 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:16 pm

synergy56 wrote:
rdgmjv11 wrote:Does anyone have a list/spreadsheet of everything that's vaulted on that page? I'm trying to catalog my collection in a spreadsheet of my own, and flag everything that's vaulted, but the thought of going through 33 pages to search for what's currently in my collection sounds like a nightmare. Anyone able to lend a hand?

I have a spreadsheet, just PM me your email if you still need it!

Thanks! I think that website should do the trick, since it's searchable. Really appreciate it though!
399 POPs and counting...

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:51 pm

Mean girls vaulted already. Here today gone today
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:36 pm

zaghawk wrote:Mean girls vaulted already. Here today gone today

This is a shocking development!! :razz:

I do sometimes wonder about the thought process on some of the releases. Maybe it had a bigger following than I thought... :-k

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:40 pm

The Head wrote:

This is a shocking development!! :razz:

I do sometimes wonder about the thought process on some of the releases. Maybe it had a bigger following than I thought... :-k

I was kinda scratching my head at Mean Girls too, but it does actually have a small cult following. And the people in this cult following are also the types to usually buy collectibles. :dontknow: lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:46 pm

Weird, its like HT just had a restock on those. Or they never sold out. LOL. I love my Mean Girls ladies tho. :compress:

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:53 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
I was kinda scratching my head at Mean Girls too, but it does actually have a small cult following. And the people in this cult following are also the types to usually buy collectibles. :dontknow: lol

Fair point. Guess they didn't resonate though.

wenhol8710

Postby wenhol8710 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:56 pm

I love Mean Girls...guess I'm one of the only ones though. lol Glad I already picked up that set awhile ago.
wenhol8710 on Instagram

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:00 pm

Looks like I would have to pick up a Mean Girls set sometime soon

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:02 pm

The Head wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Fair point. Guess they didn't resonate though.

Yeah, to be honest that probably wouldn't have been my first choice for cult classics. I mean, anything that niche is a gamble. But I could see other random ones doing a little bit better – Freaks & Geeks, Arrested Development, Troll 2, or even The Room. All are kinda random but have completely devoted fans. I don't know that Mean Girls fans are as devoted. Or I guess they aren't since it seemed like there were always a ton of them sitting on the shelves lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:04 pm

I wouldn't mind owning a Gretchen POP 8-[

Fell in love with Lacey Chabert after Not Another Teen Movie.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:05 pm

valorandvellum wrote: Freaks & Geeks

Yeah, I'll take these. :D

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:15 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:I am a HUGE fan of Mean Girls. That movie's my s***. But there are just so many other pops I felt a larger desire for than those.

Yeah, I loved that movie! But it's just not one that I'd want a collectible of. I'd imagine more people would buy a Troll 2 pop with a double decker bologna sandwich than they would of LiLo lol

Lost

Postby Lost » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:26 pm

I imagine clueless is selling even worse than mean girls. I got the main girl from each for the heck of it.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:28 pm

yeah just because a movie is popular doesn't mean the merch will be. plus it kind of doesn't help that normal average people Pops are kind of boring... movies like Clueless work better in my opinion because of how stylized they are in general, they translate better as Pops.

Cosima from Orphan Black vaulted, there goes my hope that they'd fix the previous set to where her and Alison could actually STAND UP. oh well.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:10 pm

kevin87 wrote:yeah just because a movie is popular doesn't mean the merch will be. plus it kind of doesn't help that normal average people Pops are kind of boring... movies like Clueless work better in my opinion because of how stylized they are in general, they translate better as Pops.

Cosima from Orphan Black vaulted, there goes my hope that they'd fix the previous set to where her and Alison could actually STAND UP. oh well.

Yeah I noticed this with some series like Bioshock Infinite. The game is really popular, as far as I'm aware, and yet the Pops are doing poorly. I'd imagine its the same for Mean Girls.
Checkmate.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:26 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:I am a HUGE fan of Mean Girls. That movie's my s***. But there are just so many other pops I felt a larger desire for than those.

Yeah, I loved that movie! But it's just not one that I'd want a collectible of. I'd imagine more people would buy a Troll 2 pop with a double decker bologna sandwich than they would of LiLo lol

I'm so down for Troll 2 Pops. I'm passing on so many Pops these days, but I'd buy those in a heartbeat lol. Also Killer Klowns from Outer Space.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:49 pm

brian’s always kinda said that, while money and sales is of course a part of the business, it’s not the only reason that funko chooses to make something. they’re not strictly looking at the bottom line and what will sell the most merchandise. the decision to make mean girls, or clueless, or anything else for that matter, could have simply been the result of one or two very devoted and vocal fans in the funko office.

pumping out another 3 or 4 characters in pop form is relatively low cost for funko, especially if the license is cheap or easy to obtain. and it adds to that idea that "everything" is available in pop. while the most devoted pop collectors are more than likely fans of superheroes or disney or whatever, seeing a few mean girls characters could have been the ones that pushed over a few fans into collecting. or it could help flesh out the collections of bigger funko fans (my hand is raised here).

the fact that these characters are being vaulted quickly shows that funko knows full well what it’s doing here. make the figures in hopes of selling some, but really just reinforcing the idea that all of the most popular properties -- and even some that aren’t very popular -- have been turned into pop. get in and out quickly, and find the next seemingly random movie to pop.

it’s less about targeting audiences and making money, and more about giving as many options as possible to as many people as possible. there is literally something for everyone -- most likely a few somethings -- and i love that funko seeks out these apparent head-scratchers.

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:26 am

DocRamon wrote:... and find the next seemingly random movie to pop.

Donnie Darko, Fight Club or The Royal Tenenbaums, please. (Prays for Richie w/ Mordecai)

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:45 am

Newly Vaulted:
Pop TV: Vikings- Ragnar
Pop Movies: Big Trouble in Little China- Jack Burton
Pop Disney: Frozen Fever- Elsa
Pop Disney: Descendents- Jay
Pop Disney: Descendents- Carlos
Pop TV: Orphan Black- Cosima Niehaus

Credit goes to this site: http://confusedpublic.co.uk/vault1/
Its proving itself to be really useful. :D
Checkmate.

Jeggy

Postby Jeggy » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:41 am

I have a quick question about exclusives. It's pretty much a given that exclusives are while supplies last, but do they get a vaulted status as well or is vaulted for primary Pops only?
The Marvel Collector

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:16 pm

^ I'd like to know the same as well... maybe one day I'll get some Con exclusives for cheap(er) or even original price.

Also, do vaulted figures have a chance of coming back often? I know some of the earlier Star Wars were re-released. I'd LOVE to get the SpongeBob Squarepants line!
ImageImageImage
Licenses Wishlist: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas
Star Wars: KOTOR 2 (accomplished 7/3/24!)
Banjo-Kazooie (accomplished 5/18/24!)

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Exclusives do NOT tend to get added to Funko’s vaulted list. There are some exceptions -- at least one off the top of my head -- but the list is really just meant for common release versions. You CAN make some assumptions about exclusives, however. Anything offered at a convention is going to be limited run, even if a specific number isn’t released. They won’t go back and make MORE of them. And any store exclusives can be considered retired when the regular version is, or others in the line/series if the exclusive is an original character.

As far as vaulted figures coming back, it’s not something that should be expected. The Star Wars ones were a special case, and even announced as such, part of a buildup to The Force Awakens. And there’s a chance that, if a movie sequel comes out, some Pops from the original line could be unvaulted, as was the case with Dory. But Funko has even said that, more than likely, they’d just make new versions of characters rather than unvaulting things, which is what we’re seeing with the original Power Rangers.

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:03 pm

no one said THE CRAFT? I would buy those pops! The Mean Girls ones would've sold better if it was in their Christmas Talent Show poses and outfits.
Image Image Image Image

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 pm

MartinMtz702 wrote:The Mean Girls ones would've sold better if it was in their Christmas Talent Show poses and outfits.

PopNoggles

Postby PopNoggles » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:02 am

MartinMtz702 wrote:no one said THE CRAFT? I would buy those pops! The Mean Girls ones would've sold better if it was in their Christmas Talent Show poses and outfits.

I would love the Craft pops!
ImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:08 am

DocRamon wrote:Exclusives do NOT tend to get added to Funko’s vaulted list. There are some exceptions -- at least one off the top of my head -- but the list is really just meant for common release versions. You CAN make some assumptions about exclusives, however. Anything offered at a convention is going to be limited run, even if a specific number isn’t released. They won’t go back and make MORE of them. And any store exclusives can be considered retired when the regular version is, or others in the line/series if the exclusive is an original character.

As far as vaulted figures coming back, it’s not something that should be expected. The Star Wars ones were a special case, and even announced as such, part of a buildup to The Force Awakens. And there’s a chance that, if a movie sequel comes out, some Pops from the original line could be unvaulted, as was the case with Dory. But Funko has even said that, more than likely, they’d just make new versions of characters rather than unvaulting things, which is what we’re seeing with the original Power Rangers.

Depends, if the exclusives come out at the same time as the normal, like Doctor Who and stuff, then sure. But there have been some that come out after they are vaulted like disappearing Cheshire Cat and flocked Bambi.

I think people hoping for unvaulted stuff is due to Disney's vaulted movie titles re-releasing every few years. I personally think retired sounds more final than vault, but then again you can come out of retirement as easy as something coming out of the vault lol

illz

Postby illz » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:56 pm

8/22/2016 - Batman vs Superman: Knightmare-batman Batman. I believe there is one more, but not sure which.

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:09 pm

DocRamon wrote:Exclusives do NOT tend to get added to Funko’s vaulted list. There are some exceptions -- at least one off the top of my head -- but the list is really just meant for common release versions. You CAN make some assumptions about exclusives, however. Anything offered at a convention is going to be limited run, even if a specific number isn’t released. They won’t go back and make MORE of them. And any store exclusives can be considered retired when the regular version is, or others in the line/series if the exclusive is an original character.

Makes sense. Guess I won't get my hopes up much for SpongeBob.
ImageImageImage
Licenses Wishlist: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas
Star Wars: KOTOR 2 (accomplished 7/3/24!)
Banjo-Kazooie (accomplished 5/18/24!)

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:34 pm

illz wrote:8/22/2016 - Batman vs Superman: Knightmare-batman Batman. I believe there is one more, but not sure which.

Icebat was first on page 34, now it's 4th so they added three... so Knightmare and the MLP Pocket Pop 3 pack, and whatever the 3rd is lol

Crazychris225

Postby Crazychris225 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Too bad they didn't vault Superman soilder, that's the only way he's selling
Pops Count: 550
(Currently Hunting: Joker Bank Robber, Simpsons Set, Vaulted DC and Vaulted Star Wars)

If it aint FUNko, if doesn't matter :freddy3:

nyel24

Postby nyel24 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

Crazychris225 wrote:Too bad they didn't vault Superman soilder, that's the only way he's selling

curious as to why they didn't vault him.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:17 pm

The From the Vault Obi-Wan is now vaulted, Korben Dallas from 5th Element and Regina from Mean Girls. Also the Regular Miss Piggy was taken off the list, leaving just the Miss Piggy from the Second Movie (which is the same figure different box).
Hi, I'm Merri!

Return to “Pop!”