New Joker Movie Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jigsaw

Re: New Joker Movie Pops

Postby jigsaw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:53 am

millone wrote:
jigsaw wrote:just saw the movie!!! sooo badass!!!! loved it!!!

I didnt like the trailers but is he better or worse than the heath ledger Joker?

really cant compare because of the different versions but acting wise.. joaquin is much darker and crazier if that makes sense
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:34 pm

supenman wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
To be honest - I feel like this may be one of the most iconic films of the year. I think they should keep it cut and dry - One pop / One chase. Maybe a con exclusive and that's it.

I'll be happy with one Pop!

Same. Just a Joker pop. No need for anyone else.

I honestly feel like Joker himself carried the entire film - lol supporting cast didnt have enough wait to warrant any pops
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Funko_boy13

Postby Funko_boy13 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:53 pm

After seeing the movie I absolutely want an Joker pop or two. It was definitely my favorite or 2nd favorite DC movie of all time.

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Just saw the movie, we need SOOOO many variants! Specifically an 2020 SDCC Bloody variant for SURE!!!
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:42 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
supenman wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:I'll be happy with one Pop!

I honestly feel like Joker himself carried the entire film - lol supporting cast didnt have enough wait to warrant any pops

Maybe his love interest?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Bezo33

Postby Bezo33 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Finally saw the movie and it was great! Very different Joker than I'm used to but would love to see another movie with him as the Joker the entire time (though doubt we'll get it.)

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:18 pm

I'm not sure if pops would be good for this movie. I have not seen the movie yet.

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 pm

jigsaw wrote:
millone wrote:

I didnt like the trailers but is he better or worse than the heath ledger Joker?

really cant compare because of the different versions but acting wise.. joaquin is much darker and crazier if that makes sense

joaquin was fantastic.

however i found the joker to be too dark and twisted, more on issues of real life dealing with mental illness rather than a DCEU movie. i would go to a greater length and say he did a better portraying of joker than heath. A fresh breath of movies and really great movie to watch, just trying not to tie to the DC universe cause it sucked as a DC comics movie (imo).
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Bezo33 wrote:Finally saw the movie and it was great! Very different Joker than I'm used to but would love to see another movie with him as the Joker the entire time (though doubt we'll get it.)

felt that the movie sucked based on DC comics expectations. but it really a fresh breathe and really tackled the real life problems of mental illness in a very twisted and dark way. Really love the movie but send chills down my spine!

and joaquin was fantastic.
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:37 pm

peruwhite wrote:Just saw the movie, we need SOOOO many variants! Specifically an 2020 SDCC Bloody variant for SURE!!!

im hoping for the suit with the blood smile (last scene) and the half naked white face with scissors. those two really send chills down my spine
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:38 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
supenman wrote:

wait wait... there were other characters?

lol lol only notable ones were Murray and Penny
ImageImageImageImage

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Back story was good...actor played joker very well.

millone

Postby millone » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:10 pm

jigsaw wrote:
millone wrote:

Interesting. I wouldnt actually have thought that. Heath was pretty crazy and weird himself. Thanks!

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Love that new movies joker. Wow I must get pops!!!

millone

Postby millone » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:14 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
jigsaw wrote:
millone wrote:I didnt like the trailers but is he better or worse than the heath ledger Joker?

joaquin was fantastic.

however i found the joker to be too dark and twisted, more on issues of real life dealing with mental illness rather than a DCEU movie. i would go to a greater length and say he did a better portraying of joker than heath. A fresh breath of movies and really great movie to watch, just trying not to tie to the DC universe cause it sucked as a DC comics movie (imo).

Wow. Crazy. I might have to go see it. I absolutely did not expect the movie to go in that direction.

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 am

kelvinwong wrote:
joaquin was fantastic.

I am a huge fan of Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker, and I absolutely love The Dark Knight, but this movie was something fresh and unique. Joaquin Phoenix did an amazing job. I didn't see this movie as a comic book movie at all, and I think thats what made me enjoy it that much more. As soon as the movie finished, my first thought was we absolutely need a Joker pop from this movie.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:33 am

The movie was fantastic,I hope funko can make some pops from it ,would like to see joker with the clown mask that would be cool ,would be kind of a homage to the bank robber joker pop that came out a long time ago.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:47 am

angrynate wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
joaquin was fantastic.

I am a huge fan of Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker, and I absolutely love The Dark Knight, but this movie was something fresh and unique. Joaquin Phoenix did an amazing job. I didn't see this movie as a comic book movie at all, and I think thats what made me enjoy it that much more. As soon as the movie finished, my first thought was we absolutely need a Joker pop from this movie.

Yes, you can't compare Heath and Joaquin as to who is the best Joker. Joaquin movie was more about he arrived there. Heath was already in the final stages of Joker. Both did an amazing job. Joaquin deserves the credit for an outstanding performance.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:49 am

supertoygiant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
supenman wrote:

Maybe his love interest?

I didn't really notice initially, but yes, every other character besides Phoenix is a supporting character in this movie. All those characters did their part and did not have a major role. The Joker is the only pop we need out of this movie.

grumpysf23

Postby grumpysf23 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:15 am

I want a Joker moment in front of the stairs.

FireFist

Postby FireFist » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:16 am

nightbodega wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Maybe his love interest?

I didn't really notice initially, but yes, every other character besides Phoenix is a supporting character in this movie. All those characters did their part and did not have a major role. The Joker is the only pop we need out of this movie.

I agree.
    Image Image
Iso:One Piece and Yugioh Protos
Instagram:@stardust.singh

Rgonzo103

Postby Rgonzo103 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 am

supertoygiant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
supenman wrote:

Maybe his love interest?

Movie moment when Joker goes on the Murray Franklin show with a chase variant.

Neuron

Postby Neuron » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:34 am

It's such a great movie to me!
ImageImage

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:55 am

Planning on seeing the movie today...and purchasing more joker pops to follow for sure lol
:freddy2:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Finally got a chance to check out the movie last night, and I have to say it did not disappoint. There are so many pop variant possibilities that can be made from this movie. They have to make the joker with that laugh though. Kind of anxious to see what Funko comes up with if a wave is created. Just a great movie!! =D>
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

omarwinkie

Postby omarwinkie » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:33 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
supenman wrote:

Maybe his love interest?

Yeah maybe her but the movie to me was driven around him alone. really good movie tho

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:13 pm

See many variants in our future!
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

k05cube

Postby k05cube » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Neuron wrote:It's such a great movie to me!

Sure boh. I heard it’s draggy lol
:freddy2: Darth Maul Rules!

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:20 pm

just saw the movie and i doubt this will get pops lol

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:30 am

Just love the movie. Fantastic acting. Shows us all how the system is flawed. Everyone counts.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

dxliu

Postby dxliu » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 am

Definitely thought the movie dragged and was hoping for more action and drama.
But nonetheless the actor who portrayed joker did a great job.

Not confident about what pops could be made from the movie though, a joker pop can only have so many variants.

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:14 am

nightbodega wrote:I didn't really notice initially, but yes, every other character besides Phoenix is a supporting character in this movie. All those characters did their part and did not have a major role. The Joker is the only pop we need out of this movie.

Couldn't agree with you more, the only pop we need out of this movie would be the Joker himself - full make up with the suit, instant buy.
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 am

It was a really good movie. It did not feel like a comic book movie what so ever. More like a movie dealing with mental illness than anything. You really can’t compare this Joker to any other. Joaquin did an amazing job but it didn’t feel like the joker to me for some reason. I still love Heaths performance the best. But I would love a joker pop with blood splatter.

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 am

nightbodega wrote:
angrynate wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
joaquin was fantastic.

Yes, you can't compare Heath and Joaquin as to who is the best Joker. Joaquin movie was more about he arrived there. Heath was already in the final stages of Joker. Both did an amazing job. Joaquin deserves the credit for an outstanding performance.

Oh definitely, both did an amazing job. No one is going to discredit either. But there will be comparisons on both, bo matter what you or I say (Harsh reality) but I do agree, it’s a totally different DCEU movie and really not one to link with any of the comic version of DC joker. A refreshing joker indeed. Let’s hope we get more of Joaquin
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:55 am

XSRK wrote:It was a really good movie. It did not feel like a comic book movie what so ever. More like a movie dealing with mental illness than anything. You really can’t compare this Joker to any other. Joaquin did an amazing job but it didn’t feel like the joker to me for some reason. I still love Heaths performance the best. But I would love a joker pop with blood splatter.

I want the ending scene blood smile joker. Omg. So creepy
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:57 am

dxliu wrote:Definitely thought the movie dragged and was hoping for more action and drama.
But nonetheless the actor who portrayed joker did a great job.

Not confident about what pops could be made from the movie though, a joker pop can only have so many variants.

Hahaa don’t underestimate funko imaginative line up.
Different colour scheme
Bloody
GITD
Chrome
Metallic
Flock
Chase
ImageImageImageImage

supenman

Postby supenman » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:52 am

PopPChulo wrote:
supenman wrote:

Exactly. I was trying to think of who else would make good pop or even what the pop would be like besides them just standing there. There wasn't enough of anyone else to even give them a Chase pop.
SDCC
• 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish, 2021ish, 2022, 2023

Funko Fundays
• 2015 - 2021: Failed
• 2022: Failed, yet I was lucky enough to attend as a +1!
• 2023: First year I was successful!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 am

I saw the movie over the weekend and I thought it was ok. Joaquin Phoenix's performance was great, but the movie felt a bit slow and dull. I felt the urge to smoke a cigarette after the movie.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:26 am

jigsaw wrote:
millone wrote:

I felt the Joaquin's joker got to me more because
Spoiler: show
the circumstances surrounding his transformation are more relatable!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:40 am

Still gotta check this movie out!

Return to “Pop!”