Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
cptsailor

Re: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Pops

Postby cptsailor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:53 am

TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
No, I don't. They are in a Facebook group I'm apart of but I haven't seen anything on twitter or instagram.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

The company name is Prolific3D on Instagram but they haven’t posted these yet.
He did make Nezuko a box and it’s adorable.

Hopefully I can get some STLs for these. I have some belt maintenance to do on my printers, but I'd love to make a set of these!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 am

91shawny wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Spoiler: show

Wow, pretty cool. Nice custom work and it’s scary how good these 3D machines can fabricate stuff that could be mistaken as funko pops/protos.

I admire the product and work that goes into it, as long as they aren't trying to pass them off as protos I'm here for it, I could never do it but I always like seeing it done.

Sidebar I actually placed an order with the maker for a MHA sign for my collection, can't wait for it to come in

That's awesome! I can't wait to see it!
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:13 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
theoneupper02 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Let your friend finish it first and have her watch it over with you, she'll appreciate it

I've recommended this show to all my friends and the ones who have started watching it all love it.

Season 2 is soooo far away...I may cave and just read the manga.

I've never read a manga before. Maybe now is the perfect time to start! :-k

While I am not up to date on the manga I have read further than show and movie it has not diminished my joy in watching the show
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Man these customs are making me anxious for Demon slayer pops - make it happen Funko!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:53 pm

This was probably one of the most talked about shows at Crunchyroll Expo and it doesn't seem to be losing any steam even with the season ending. Funko would be LOSING money if they don't make these into Pops lol lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:00 pm

91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

I definitely want them to make Inosuke. That dude had me cracking up. lol
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:31 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
91shawny wrote:I mean if you haven't heard or watched this summer's hot new anime Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, then what are you doing!? Go now!

With that being said, last week's episode broke the internet and was trending on twitter, so the potential should be there for the pops?

For a starting four, its pretty obvious to go with Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, and Inosuke (boar head)

He was pretty great!! I went back and forth between liking and hating Zenitsu, LOL. Nezuko was definitely my favorite though!
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

daveruby

Postby daveruby » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:12 am

A Nezuko pop would be really cool.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:28 am

valorandvellum wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

He was pretty great!! I went back and forth between liking and hating Zenitsu, LOL. Nezuko was definitely my favorite though!

Zenitsu is kinda funny but can become annoying with all the complaining he does. Inosuke is my guy tho. He is a unique character.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:06 am

If Nezuko becomes a pop, she would look like her with her derpy face!!

lol
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I definitely want them to make Inosuke. That dude had me cracking up. lol

Zenitsu is kinda funny but can become annoying with all the complaining he does. Inosuke is my guy tho. He is a unique character.

Nezuko is my favorite followed closely by Inosuke.
Hi, I’m Steph.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Girl power!

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:14 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Zenitsu is kinda funny but can become annoying with all the complaining he does. Inosuke is my guy tho. He is a unique character.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Girl power!

\:D/ Nezuko has only shown us a piece of her power. She’s definitely got more to show us.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:37 am

I finally started Demon Slayer and I love it SO MUCH! Nezuko is too cute. I haven't met the other two main characters yet. Really hoping Funko acquires the license [-o<

I'm so mesmerized by this show's art style. It makes me want to draw other animes in that style, Hunter x Hunter in particular :D
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:54 am

YeetGrimes wrote:I finally started Demon Slayer and I love it SO MUCH! Nezuko is too cute. I haven't met the other two main characters yet. Really hoping Funko acquires the license [-o<

I'm so mesmerized by this show's art style. It makes me want to draw other animes in that style, Hunter x Hunter in particular :D

Flowing colors and BIG BOLD LINES! My absolute fav.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:38 am

cptsailor wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:I finally started Demon Slayer and I love it SO MUCH! Nezuko is too cute. I haven't met the other two main characters yet. Really hoping Funko acquires the license [-o<

Flowing colors and BIG BOLD LINES! My absolute fav.

Same here! Bold black lines really makes the colors pop! Fits my own art style as well :)

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 am

Please do! I'd love to see that mash up.
I'm loving all the anime art on your stories now that you've started watching Hunter x Hunter. Pennywise is always number 1 but it's nice to see your take on other characters I love. Hisoka is my favorite creepy character.
Hi, I’m Steph.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:39 am

TheStephil wrote:

I'm loving all the anime art on your stories now that you've started watching Hunter x Hunter. Pennywise is always number 1 but it's nice to see your take on other characters I love. Hisoka is my favorite creepy character.

Thank you! I love that I'm branching out of my comfort zone :D Hisoka's the best!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:40 am

YeetGrimes wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Thank you! I love that I'm branching out of my comfort zone :D Hisoka's the best!

Best way to build your skill is to branch out and you are killing it.
Hi, I’m Steph.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:06 am

I need to watch!

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:08 am

rexflexall wrote:I need to watch!

Dooo it! You won't regret it. Visually stunning and a great story.

emoagogo
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby emoagogo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Mini nezuko running please

Emo or Emilio is fine.
ISO: Pixar Protos
IG: emoagogo

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:58 pm

I’m already having withdrawals. At least some other good anime’s are still going weekly lol.

But I can’t wait for these pops. The guy doing customs has gotten a few cease and desist orders from funko so it bums me out seeing him trying to profit off it before funko makes it. They have hoops to jump thru like licensing etc.
As Brian Mariotti once said.... Go boxless, it’s more fun!

Image Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Typale wrote:I’m already having withdrawals. At least some other good anime’s are still going weekly lol.

But I can’t wait for these pops. The guy doing customs has gotten a few cease and desist orders from funko so it bums me out seeing him trying to profit off it before funko makes it. They have hoops to jump thru like licensing etc.

Oh wow, that's good to know. I didn't know he was already trying to sell them.
I'd hate to overspend on a custom due to being impatient and then Funko comes out with commons that are just as good, if not better.
Hi, I’m Steph.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:17 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Typale wrote:I’m already having withdrawals. At least some other good anime’s are still going weekly lol.

Oh wow, that's good to know. I didn't know he was already trying to sell them.
I'd hate to overspend on a custom due to being impatient and then Funko comes out with commons that are just as good, if not better.

But the cease and desists were from way back in the day when he was making customs, if you look through his feed, he spoke on the cease and desists. I don't think he was trying to sell the kimetsu ones personally unless something has changed. I also feel like there's a gray area when it comes to making customs pops and selling them if its promoted to make customs you know?
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:09 am

valorandvellum wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

LOL I think that's because of how over the top Zenitsu is - He can almost be annoying at times but then you find yourself really intrigued by the science behind his personality by the time you get to the end of the season. Whoever is behind writing the show is really producing some gold as far as just pure set up for an incredible season.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:16 am

PopPChulo wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I definitely want them to make Inosuke. That dude had me cracking up. lol

LOL I think that's because of how over the top Zenitsu is - He can almost be annoying at times but then you find yourself really intrigued by the science behind his personality by the time you get to the end of the season. Whoever is behind writing the show is really producing some gold as far as just pure set up for an incredible season.

I like that fact that they all have their own personalities. Zenitsu and Inosuke are going to be very strong as long as they keep following Tanjiro. He their motivation. Pure genius from the writer.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:12 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

I like that fact that they all have their own personalities. Zenitsu and Inosuke are going to be very strong as long as they keep following Tanjiro. He their motivation. Pure genius from the writer.

I love the dynamics. It's clear as day as zenitsu is the goofy character thats a coward in the shonen that comes in clutch when it counts. Inosuke is that the edgelord character that is so goofy that he naturally is funny even when he doesn't try to be. Zentisu can be annoying but as times when demon slayer can get intense and serious, zenitsu evens it out by being himself.

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:51 am

91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I love the dynamics. It's clear as day as zenitsu is the goofy character thats a coward in the shonen that comes in clutch when it counts. Inosuke is that the edgelord character that is so goofy that he naturally is funny even when he doesn't try to be. Zentisu can be annoying but as times when demon slayer can get intense and serious, zenitsu evens it out by being himself.

In the first 10ish episodes, I thought I was not going to like the show anymore if Zenitsu kept tagging along, but he quickly grew on me. Inosuke is still best boar boy, but I like my orange little scaredy cat.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:20 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I like that fact that they all have their own personalities. Zenitsu and Inosuke are going to be very strong as long as they keep following Tanjiro. He their motivation. Pure genius from the writer.

In the first 10ish episodes, I thought I was not going to like the show anymore if Zenitsu kept tagging along, but he quickly grew on me. Inosuke is still best boar boy, but I like my orange little scaredy cat.

Little scaredy cat grew on me too.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Hopefully I can get some STLs for these. I have some belt maintenance to do on my printers, but I'd love to make a set of these!

Wow this one is amazing
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:54 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Zenitsu is funny when he comes into contact with girls. :roflmao:. When he was chasing Nezko and Tanjiro was chasing him in that little room I busted up laughing.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:38 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:

Zenitsu is funny when he comes into contact with girls. :roflmao:. When he was chasing Nezko and Tanjiro was chasing him in that little room I busted up laughing.

I think my funniest moment was like one of the final episodes where zenitsu ripped Tanjiro for 5 minutes because he was complaining about long days training with the girls to master total concentration constant lol I criedd

ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:52 am

91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I think my funniest moment was like one of the final episodes where zenitsu ripped Tanjiro for 5 minutes because he was complaining about long days training with the girls to master total concentration constant lol I criedd

The whole recovery arc/mini-arc? was amazing. Easily one of the funniest parts.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:08 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Wow this one is amazing

This is ridiculous!
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:52 pm

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:Zenitsu is funny when he comes into contact with girls. :roflmao:. When he was chasing Nezko and Tanjiro was chasing him in that little room I busted up laughing.

Agreed. At first I was annoyed because it was slower but it got really good and entertaining.
Hi, I’m Steph.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:19 pm

TheStephil wrote:
cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Agreed. At first I was annoyed because it was slower but it got really good and entertaining.

For sure a slow start! Following episode 19/20 is difficult. Easily the most talked about and hyped part of an anime this year.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 pm

91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

I also don't care for that little grape looking guy from MHA too lol Think maybe I just have a problem with the over the top, pervy characters that flip out for no reason lol I appreciate that Zenitsu shows some skills when he's asleep, but I feel like when he's awake, he's either in it for the wrong reasons or he isn't in it at all. Hoping that as the series progresses maybe he'll start to mature a little bit.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:57 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

If they do make Inosuke he would be a great candidate for a chase version. I just hope his hog mask is done with enough detail to do it justice!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:37 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

If they do make Inosuke he would be a great candidate for a chase version. I just hope his hog mask is done with enough detail to do it justice!

If funko ever does this line they should make the chase Tanjiro as a glow because we haven’t seen what Inosuke can do. Tanjiro in one of his water forms would be a great chase since funko has been doing these action poses.

Return to “Pop!”