Ad Icon Geoffrey as Batman

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopPChulo

Re: Ad Icon Geoffrey as Batman

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:54 am

Leechinyuan wrote:
angrynate wrote:
g3ohss wrote:Def amazon pay loads slow now

I haven't had amazon pay issues up until recently as well, glad to see I'm not the only one who's having trouble, sad to see it is happening. will have to look into using chrome autofill for payment just to be safe.

I dont know it amazon problem or funko

Neither do i, but i also dont know if its a sound way to pay anymore bc last few times it fumbled.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:50 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Leechinyuan wrote:
angrynate wrote:
I haven't had amazon pay issues up until recently as well, glad to see I'm not the only one who's having trouble, sad to see it is happening. will have to look into using chrome autofill for payment just to be safe.

I dont know it amazon problem or funko

Neither do i, but i also dont know if its a sound way to pay anymore bc last few times it fumbled.

I wanna try manual next time too....
Hope it not too slow

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:21 am

angrynate wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what inspired the Geoffrey mash up with the super heroes. Anyone?

My assumption would be that at some point before TRU went through bankruptcy issues, they signed some exclusives deals with Funko to do these Geoffrey mashups, but as the financial issues came up, they just got shelved / Funko now just owns the rights to them and can do whatever they want in terms of release schedule.

That's definitely plausible. I remember being concept art by Funko Fanatics like ourselves. I was like that's cool. That's why I'm surprised that they actually made real ones.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19, SDCC 22
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:22 am

angrynate wrote:
g3ohss wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Amazon pay been weak. Ive been having to do manual check outs for the best results

Def amazon pay loads slow now

Thank you for the insight btw.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

sdlibra77

Postby sdlibra77 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:45 am

Anyone in Canada already have this figure?
Funklub Member since 2016 :freddy1:
First Funko pieces 2002 Dr Evil and Austin Powers Wacky Wobblers
SDCC 2015-2019
WC 2019
Conan Con 2018

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Rcolwell20 wrote:Hey Funatics! Does anyone happen to know when Geoffrey as Batman might be hitting target? I saw September but was hoping maybe someone had some inside info on a date. Thanks

I must get it!!!

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:29 pm

sdlibra77 wrote:Anyone in Canada already have this figure?

Not yet! I've been stalking the TRU website and nothing so far. I don't get to the actual stores very often but I don't think he's made an appearance; I'm Canada west and generally things show up out east first. :-k
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:37 pm

divade23 wrote:This confuses me. Why would they still make Geoffreys if Toys R Us is no longer? And give to Target? If TRU is coming back then they should save for them maybe? I guess I need to be educated here.

I'm confused too lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:01 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
divade23 wrote:This confuses me. Why would they still make Geoffreys if Toys R Us is no longer? And give to Target? If TRU is coming back then they should save for them maybe? I guess I need to be educated here.

I'm confused too lol

My guess was always that these were made for TRU but then TRU closed and they needed a way to sell them. But I have no insight into what is the real reason lol

islander671

Postby islander671 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:23 pm

im nervously awaiting some news on this, has anyone heard any rumblings on the actual release date?
ImageImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:44 pm

can't wait for this... hoping for a smooth release
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

chrislinkouswvu13

Postby chrislinkouswvu13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 pm

I will be sure to add this to my Geoffrey set!
Hey, I’m Chris.

IG/Twitter: GhostGang1322

:freddy3: Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:32 am

islander671 wrote:im nervously awaiting some news on this, has anyone heard any rumblings on the actual release date?

I think everyone is still holding out hope for a release that matches the photos we have seen with the Sept. 2019 release. I think they will want to get this out of the way before NYCC.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what inspired the Geoffrey mash up with the super heroes. Anyone?

My assumption would be that at some point before TRU went through bankruptcy issues, they signed some exclusives deals with Funko to do these Geoffrey mashups, but as the financial issues came up, they just got shelved / Funko now just owns the rights to them and can do whatever they want in terms of release schedule.

That's definitely plausible. I remember being concept art by Funko Fanatics like ourselves. I was like that's cool. That's why I'm surprised that they actually made real ones.

Remember that TRU still exists up here in Canada and probably still maintains the rights to Geoffrey
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:35 am

volsspongebob wrote:
islander671 wrote:im nervously awaiting some news on this, has anyone heard any rumblings on the actual release date?

I think everyone is still holding out hope for a release that matches the photos we have seen with the Sept. 2019 release. I think they will want to get this out of the way before NYCC.

Thanks for this info volsspongebob! I agree I was hoping that it would be best sold prior to NYCC. haha I guess I will just twiddle my thumbs and patiently wait for this amazing pop to be released.
ImageImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:39 am

Maybe we will hear of some new release SOON, since ...

Batman Day 2019: Bat-Signal to Shine in Major Cities Around the World. Batman Day, DC's annual celebration of the Dark Knight, will take place Saturday, September 21st. This year's event celebrates Batman's 80th anniversary. \:D/

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting Funko Pops since 2012. I'm a huge X-MEN fan as well: comics, action figures, original art and statues.

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am

I was thinking the same thing! with Batman day coming up, this could get real very soon
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:
g3ohss wrote:Def amazon pay loads slow now

My pleasure my friend. Any time. I think as Funko evolves the best way to check out and things shall also.
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:08 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:

My pleasure my friend. Any time. I think as Funko evolves the best way to check out and things shall also.

Oddly enough I had zero issues with using Amazon Pay just now for the shop exclusive... I am thinking it was just a weird hiccup the last couple of weeks. We shall see with the upcoming drops!
That's my secret Cap... I'm always angry

ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:57 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:

Remember that TRU still exists up here in Canada and probably still maintains the rights to Geoffrey

That's true. I always forget about that.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:58 am

angrynate wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Thank you for the insight btw.

Oddly enough I had zero issues with using Amazon Pay just now for the shop exclusive... I am thinking it was just a weird hiccup the last couple of weeks. We shall see with the upcoming drops!

Have you tried it lately? I just didn't want to risk using it and getting screwed over.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Have you tried it lately? I just didn't want to risk using it and getting screwed over.

Ever since it fumbled for me about a month and a half ago.. no. I havent risked it for the biscuit lol
PopPChulo

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:49 am

It probably is going to come out later this month or early October. You never know. Funkoverse was supposed to come out in October but it came out this month. Maybe Funko moved the release dates of Geoffrey and Funkoverse.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 am

Batman crazy!!

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:29 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:

Ever since it fumbled for me about a month and a half ago.. no. I havent risked it for the biscuit lol

Took a chance yesterday with the 2 pk vinyl and Amazon Pay went super smooth. Can't wait to get screwed over on a piece that's going to sell out super fast because I trust that this method will work lol

ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:34 am

angrynate wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Have you tried it lately? I just didn't want to risk using it and getting screwed over.

Took a chance yesterday with the 2 pk vinyl and Amazon Pay went super smooth. Can't wait to get screwed over on a piece that's going to sell out super fast because I trust that this method will work lol

Seriously, I feel that Amazon pay will screw you over on the cases where you really want the pop lol.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:56 am

Gonna need a Geoffrey as Joker to match!

angrynate

Postby angrynate » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:15 pm

rexflexall wrote:Gonna need a Geoffrey as Joker to match!

That'd be pretty great, Geoffrey with the joker make up and the purple suit? That'd be a fun one to add as a companion to this.

ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:19 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
angrynate wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Ever since it fumbled for me about a month and a half ago.. no. I havent risked it for the biscuit lol

Seriously, I feel that Amazon pay will screw you over on the cases where you really want the pop lol.

Its already done it a couple times for me. Before it worked like a charm but it was so buggy last time that ive been taking my chances with complete manuals.
PopPChulo

RyceBallz

Postby RyceBallz » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:30 am

Really can't wait for this pop, but what'd I'd love to see is more Superman pops!
Hi! I'm Joey!

blue85butterfly

Postby blue85butterfly » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:32 pm

SQUWEEEE!!!!! I got mine yesterday it looks so cute

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:40 pm

I can't wait for this. I been waiting since the announcement
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:41 am

Hoping this is a Target Friday Series release. Been waiting for this one to add to the Geoffrey as Iron Man. They will make a great pair.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:26 am

volsspongebob wrote:Hoping this is a Target Friday Series release. Been waiting for this one to add to the Geoffrey as Iron Man. They will make a great pair.

I think it will be (because I need one lol )... also seeing something about more Flocked Bullseye restocks on one of the days too
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:37 am

Still a fun pop!

DrunkoPop