Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
spider-man_616

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby spider-man_616 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:58 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:I am like many others on here when I say I like to get autographs if I'm there for it and create the memories during a con or signing event. I have one that I bought without being there from years ago. I only have 5 total and the other 4 were in person and completely unexpected which made it even better. And only the boxes are signed. I don't think I want a pop itself signed but I won't say never.

this is exactly how I feel to. Like it's somewhat easy to get something signed, especially as long as you have the money for it. But the experience of actually meeting the person and the chance of having an interaction is what really makes it worth it.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:31 pm

spider-man_616 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:I am like many others on here when I say I like to get autographs if I'm there for it and create the memories during a con or signing event. I have one that I bought without being there from years ago. I only have 5 total and the other 4 were in person and completely unexpected which made it even better. And only the boxes are signed. I don't think I want a pop itself signed but I won't say never.

this is exactly how I feel to. Like it's somewhat easy to get something signed, especially as long as you have the money for it. But the experience of actually meeting the person and the chance of having an interaction is what really makes it worth it.

I also prefer to attend the con and get the autograph myself. Def all part of the experience of traveling to and attending the con, as well as the whole process in anticipation of getting that autograph (selecting and maybe hunting for the POP! you want to get signed, picking out a paint pen color, figuring out where you want that signature placed on the POP! and/or selecting a short quote if you want, etc.)
she/they • ARMY | MOA

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:37 pm

I wouldn’t buy autographed pops but I do thinks it would be nice to get one if I have the opportunity. I always thought it would be nice to have an autograph conan pop

Azxc34

Postby Azxc34 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:19 am

Wouldn’t mind getting signed Pops, but only way I would like them is if they are signed in front of me. Unfortunately I’m not the type of person that likes to be in a crowded room so there goes that.

NoobMaster69

Postby NoobMaster69 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:46 am

To each their own.... I have a Becker Soda that was signed by Mike Becker himself which is in my "forever" collection. I put quotes around "forever" as I never intend to sell it - the soda represents such a fun time I've had with this hobby and it will stay with my collection as long as I have anything to say about it lol.

Katers

Re: Autograph or not to autograph? That is the question!

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:51 am

evrythngzen wrote:
Katers wrote:
evrythngzen wrote:Any one elese ever not have a box (yes I know shame on me) and have them just sign the actual pop? I did that with Felicia Day on my Supernatural Charlie pop and I am gonna be doing it this summer with Stacy Dash on my Clueless one. LOL

I'll occasionally rescue what I call 'homeless pops' - unboxed pops that are in bins at various events. If I see one that I can't leave in the bin, I'll bring them home with me. I've got a few that I would absolutely get signed by their corresponding actor, just haven't had the opportunity yet! Both of yours sound like great options though!

Thank you for sharing! This oddly made me feel better cause I have taken some crud for having some unboxed. I, too, will rummage an open bin, you never know, something you love might be in there. Hope some day you get the chance.

Aww...don't let anyone say anything about unboxed. We all collect in whatever way works best for us! I personally like my boxes, but I know plenty of collectors that go unboxed. And things happen to boxes all the time, we can't control everything! Those unboxed bins obviously had something go wrong, but the pops still deserve to be loved, and maybe even someday signed! :cheers: My favorite 2 unboxed are a Malcolm Merlyn from Arrow (John Barrowman) and Peggy Carter (Haley Atwell). Both needed rescuing, and both are well loved additions to my collection. And if they get signed someday, they'll probably be the best pops in my collection at that point! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:55 am

absurdnurd wrote:Given that Funko typically have a broad range of pop culture and other fandoms, choosing to have a pop signed is an easy way to have something neat to have autographed. But, on the other hand most signatures cover the figure itself so it really depends on the collector. I personally don’t have any signed in my collection but have bought signed ones for friends as gifts!

That's an awesome gift to give, your friends are very lucky! Let me know if you feel a need to expand your friend group! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:15 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:

I also prefer to attend the con and get the autograph myself. Def all part of the experience of traveling to and attending the con, as well as the whole process in anticipation of getting that autograph (selecting and maybe hunting for the POP! you want to get signed, picking out a paint pen color, figuring out where you want that signature placed on the POP! and/or selecting a short quote if you want, etc.)

When I had an opportunity to have Mike Becker sign a pop and I didn't have any on me I searched for about 20 mins and didn't want to buy a pricey one just for the sig so I thought it would be cool to have Mike sign a Micheal Myers pop. Next day I was able to get 2 Freddys signed. He was so nice and it really made my day. I've never asked anyone to write anything specific though. I can't even think of what I'd want anyone to write.
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:38 am

I like getting pops signed because it’s something different that is not your normal poster

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:43 am

I have about 15-20 signed. All but one I got signed myself. It’s definitely part of the experience, both good and neutral. The one I’m neutral about are the “factory line” experiences where you don’t really get to interact and it happens really fast.

When I first started getting autographs, I definitely have a few that i got signed just for the sake of getting signed (sound familiar?). A lot of them are in my forever collection, though.
Hey, I’m Alan!

First Pop: Notorious BIG #18
Most Recent Addition: Roy Mustang #393
Con/Event Checklist: Anime Expo (1x) // Comic Con Palm Springs (1x) // Comic Con Revolution Ontario (4x) // Fundays 2017 // Funkon 2021 // Los Angeles Comic Con (3x) // San Diego Comic Con (7x) // WonderCon (1x)

Aussie Popin Paul

Postby Aussie Popin Paul » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:29 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Aussie Popin Paul wrote:I would like to get a Freddy Funko signed by Brian or Mike. Hopefully I can at SDCC.

They were signing for free at wondercon but I thought it might bring down the value of my peterpan pop.

The value does not worry me its about having it for my collection.
:freddy3: G'day all, I am a collector from Australia and my main thing to collect is Freddy Funko, also sodas and we have a little YouTube channel.

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:15 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:

I also like getting my pops personalized, like having my name on it to make it more special to me

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:20 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:

When I had an opportunity to have Mike Becker sign a pop and I didn't have any on me I searched for about 20 mins and didn't want to buy a pricey one just for the sig so I thought it would be cool to have Mike sign a Micheal Myers pop. Next day I was able to get 2 Freddys signed. He was so nice and it really made my day. I've never asked anyone to write anything specific though. I can't even think of what I'd want anyone to write.

Mike's such a cool person to get a signature from. He really cares about the fans to he takes to the time to sign as many pops as he can. I got lucky last year and caught him after the funko panel. His managers were telling him he had to go, but stuck around for a couple minutes just talking to fans and signing pops

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:43 pm

absurdnurd wrote:Given that Funko typically have a broad range of pop culture and other fandoms, choosing to have a pop signed is an easy way to have something neat to have autographed. But, on the other hand most signatures cover the figure itself so it really depends on the collector. I personally don’t have any signed in my collection but have bought signed ones for friends as gifts!

I get what you mean by having the signatures covering most of the figure. I don’t normally opt for autographed pops, but if I do, I usually have the person sign the figure on the back or on the side of the window.

My fave signature so far is from Steven Yeun. I had him sign my Glenn Rhee pop on the side of the window, “Hey! Dumb@$$!”
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

c00kiem0nster

Postby c00kiem0nster » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:28 pm

I like getting them myself in person. If i don't see it happen its hard to see if they actually signed it or is a forgery.

Ramrod510

Postby Ramrod510 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:11 am

I honestly feel it devalues the pop but if it’s personalized just for you who cares? If you’re a major fan it may as well be priceless!

polarbearsrule

Postby polarbearsrule » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:15 am

I wouldn't want a pre-autographed pop, but would definitely be happy to get one signed in front me. I'm also all for having the pop itself signed (if there's a good spot for it) makes for a great story/conversation piece!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:34 pm

spider-man_616 wrote:Mike's such a cool person to get a signature from. He really cares about the fans to he takes to the time to sign as many pops as he can. I got lucky last year and caught him after the funko panel. His managers were telling him he had to go, but stuck around for a couple minutes just talking to fans and signing pops

Mike and Brian are collectors themselves so I think they know how much those short interactions mean to us. Mike has really been visible since the pandemic, too. He did an actual official signing at WonderCon and I don’t know if that ever happened before.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Angelstorm

Postby Angelstorm » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:44 pm

I'm looking to get one signed soon (I have a couple of others signed) but . . .would a posca marker be ok ? Or would it be better to get a Sharpie paint pen ?

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:48 pm

Ronnie18 wrote:I wouldn’t buy autographed pops but I do thinks it would be nice to get one if I have the opportunity. I always thought it would be nice to have an autograph conan pop

Love my autographed Conan’s

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:49 pm

polarbearsrule wrote:I wouldn't want a pre-autographed pop, but would definitely be happy to get one signed in front me. I'm also all for having the pop itself signed (if there's a good spot for it) makes for a great story/conversation piece!

Also agree

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:50 pm

spider-man_616 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:I also prefer to attend the con and get the autograph myself. Def all part of the experience of traveling to and attending the con, as well as the whole process in anticipation of getting that autograph (selecting and maybe hunting for the POP! you want to get signed, picking out a paint pen color, figuring out where you want that signature placed on the POP! and/or selecting a short quote if you want, etc.)

Mike's such a cool person to get a signature from. He really cares about the fans to he takes to the time to sign as many pops as he can. I got lucky last year and caught him after the funko panel. His managers were telling him he had to go, but stuck around for a couple minutes just talking to fans and signing pops

Apparently the signing he did at Wondercon was out of the ordinary since it was a scheduled time and place. I was in the right place to see the sign and walked right over. Didn't take long and my daughter got to meet him too although she didn't understand who he was but he did sign her pop box. It was so cool. Can hardly wait to do it again but I'm not sure about taking her to SDCC. Might be too much for now.
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:59 pm

scullysdad wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:Mike's such a cool person to get a signature from. He really cares about the fans to he takes to the time to sign as many pops as he can. I got lucky last year and caught him after the funko panel. His managers were telling him he had to go, but stuck around for a couple minutes just talking to fans and signing pops

Mike and Brian are collectors themselves so I think they know how much those short interactions mean to us. Mike has really been visible since the pandemic, too. He did an actual official signing at WonderCon and I don’t know if that ever happened before.

I haven't gotten the chance to meet Brian in person yet, but that's really nice to know

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:02 pm

Prime_Pops wrote:
spider-man_616 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:

Apparently the signing he did at Wondercon was out of the ordinary since it was a scheduled time and place. I was in the right place to see the sign and walked right over. Didn't take long and my daughter got to meet him too although she didn't understand who he was but he did sign her pop box. It was so cool. Can hardly wait to do it again but I'm not sure about taking her to SDCC. Might be too much for now.

hopefully she'll look back one day and appreciate the memory

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:07 pm

polarbearsrule wrote:I wouldn't want a pre-autographed pop, but would definitely be happy to get one signed in front me. I'm also all for having the pop itself signed (if there's a good spot for it) makes for a great story/conversation piece!

I agree, I recently had my kroft pops signed (HR puff n stuff and also sleestaks, and seymour)
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Ravergirl27

Postby Ravergirl27 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:53 pm

I would perfer sigs on my favorite characters and never opening them.

Ravergirl27

Postby Ravergirl27 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:08 pm

I only get sigs on my favorite characters.

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:12 pm

Baseman314 wrote:I love getting my pops signed. It gives me a great story to talk about. I have around 600+ total signed pops.

:eek: 600 signed pops? How do you display them all???
Image Image Image Image Image

riddle360

Postby riddle360 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:28 am

I only have one autographed pop and that is Harley Quinn autographed by Paul Dini which I happened to get when I went to his house during a yard sale of all things lol but generally I don’t collect autographs on pops.

Complex24

Postby Complex24 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:23 am

I say only autograph your favorite characters. I got my Vegeta and all might signed by Christopher Sabat
:freddy3:

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:44 am

Love me a good autograph. My Ahsoka story is fun to tell. I love that I have Hera signed and a few other pops!
ImageImageImage

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:53 am

Complex24 wrote:I say only autograph your favorite characters. I got my Vegeta and all might signed by Christopher Sabat

I definitely got a few autos for the sake of getting autos when I first started collecting them. Luckily they were mainly comic creators and way cheaper than VAs and celebs.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Con/Event Checklist: Anime Expo (1x) // Comic Con Palm Springs (1x) // Comic Con Revolution Ontario (4x) // Fundays 2017 // Funkon 2021 // Los Angeles Comic Con (3x) // San Diego Comic Con (7x) // WonderCon (1x)

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:55 am

Alanamaslama wrote:
Complex24 wrote:I say only autograph your favorite characters. I got my Vegeta and all might signed by Christopher Sabat

I definitely got a few autos for the sake of getting autos when I first started collecting them. Luckily they were mainly comic creators and way cheaper than VAs and celebs.

It's nice to have a couple of signed pops
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:30 am

I personally don't get pops autographed

spider-man_616

Postby spider-man_616 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:13 am

Funkofresh916 wrote:I love autos but man they get expensive haha

I feel this. If they didn't add up, I'd have a few more pops signed for sure

Complex24

Postby Complex24 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:42 am

For me when getting an autograph gives the pop a story when I look back at it
:freddy3:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:00 pm

I know it’s morbid, but for me my main focus is folks I like who are on the older side and may not be with us much longer, I’d be besides myself if I missed the chance to have Englund sign my Freddy for example.

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:57 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I know it’s morbid, but for me my main focus is folks I like who are on the older side and may not be with us much longer, I’d be besides myself if I missed the chance to have Englund sign my Freddy for example.

I missed the cut off for Stan Lee at an LA Comic Con on year. Messed around at the con for too long before lining up. The following year, I went to Palm Springs Comic Con and he was supposed to do a signing. He got sick and stayed home nearby, but his representatives offered to shuttle people’s items to and from his home to get them signed. I passed because I wanted to meet him. Sadly, I was never able to make it to a con where he was doing a signing again before he passed away.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:49 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:
I missed the cut off for Stan Lee at an LA Comic Con on year. Messed around at the con for too long before lining up. The following year, I went to Palm Springs Comic Con and he was supposed to do a signing. He got sick and stayed home nearby, but his representatives offered to shuttle people’s items to and from his home to get them signed. I passed because I wanted to meet him. Sadly, I was never able to make it to a con where he was doing a signing again before he passed away.

i am sorry you missed out on the opportunity to get Stan, that is the fear with the older creators. my autograph collection is pretty small, but it started because i insisted on getting Tim Curry and Robert Englund before it became impossible to do so.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:01 pm

I used to be against autographs but I’ve gotten used to it. I wish I got my Manny Pacquiao signed when he was training in LA.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

IG: @FreddyFunKoncept and @ronaldo_rey_

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”