Good Omens Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Hgmaddhatter

Re: Good Omens Pops!

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
We can but hope! I love Neil Gaiman too, and I haven't even read his books yet! They're in the to-be-read pile, so I'll get there eventually! lol

Preordered the 2-pack for my 2 friends today from my local comic book guy! Glad to have a reliable source for stuff like this, makes it so much easier!

I need to jump on the 2 pack, I'm tempted by the chases but not sure if I need all of them lol. Too many decisions.

I will of course be keeping an eye out for the chases for my friend, though I don't hold out of a lot of hope of finding them in the wild. There's a local comic book store a bit South of me that sells chases for what I consider a reasonable markup, so I'll go there after I strike out!

I never find chases in the wild but I have a friend who lives me who finds them all the time, not sure if she is going to collect good omens but if not I have a decent chance with her.... I usually pre-order bundles if I really want a chase because I figure the time I spend driving around and striking out is worth a small mark up to not have to do lol
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:28 pm

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Hrmm, I wonder if they will do a glow on that flaming sword at some point?

Maybe a con exclusive next year?

I would love an omen pop with and SDCC sticker
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:12 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:Hrmm, I wonder if they will do a glow on that flaming sword at some point?

Let's make this easier, grab an older low priced sdcc pop and glue that sticker onto a new omen pop box. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:34 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I need to jump on the 2 pack, I'm tempted by the chases but not sure if I need all of them lol. Too many decisions.

I will of course be keeping an eye out for the chases for my friend, though I don't hold out of a lot of hope of finding them in the wild. There's a local comic book store a bit South of me that sells chases for what I consider a reasonable markup, so I'll go there after I strike out!

I never find chases in the wild but I have a friend who lives me who finds them all the time, not sure if she is going to collect good omens but if not I have a decent chance with her.... I usually pre-order bundles if I really want a chase because I figure the time I spend driving around and striking out is worth a small mark up to not have to do lol

You're lucky that your friend is lucky, congrats! Agreed though, the pre-order bundles are well worth it to save time and gas money! Not to mention safer right now, so I agree - totally the way to go! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

I fear it a bit, because while I've trained my friends to not do the "Hey, since you're going to _____-Con, can you grab me this one thing?", this would put that to the TEST! But I also want it because it would be really cool!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 am

digithor wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Let's make this easier, grab an older low priced sdcc pop and glue that sticker onto a new omen pop box. lol

:-$ , don't give away our desperation-secrets!
Image ImageImage Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:45 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I guess I slept on that 2pack, I can’t find it for sale anywhere on the interwebs. :/

I'd offer to snag you one from my local comic book store, but the shipping on that would hurt! If you get desperate though.... \:D/

I appreciate the offer! :) I’m thinking g my local store might special order it for me, I’m going to hit them up sometime this week.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:01 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

You're lucky that your friend is lucky, congrats! Agreed though, the pre-order bundles are well worth it to save time and gas money! Not to mention safer right now, so I agree - totally the way to go! :cheers:

Yeah with covid I'm less and less annoyed with the markup...
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:08 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I guess I slept on that 2pack, I can’t find it for sale anywhere on the interwebs. :/

I'd offer to snag you one from my local comic book store, but the shipping on that would hurt! If you get desperate though.... \:D/

I appreciate the offer! :) I’m thinking g my local store might special order it for me, I’m going to hit them up sometime this week.

Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:09 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I never find chases in the wild but I have a friend who lives me who finds them all the time, not sure if she is going to collect good omens but if not I have a decent chance with her.... I usually pre-order bundles if I really want a chase because I figure the time I spend driving around and striking out is worth a small mark up to not have to do lol

I appreciate packages appearing on my doorstop more and more lately!

Don't really have much coming my way post holidays at the moment, kinda depressing! Might need to go place some orders! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:14 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Don't really have much coming my way post holidays at the moment, kinda depressing! Might need to go place some orders! :cheers:

Oh my gosh I know! There for a while all I did was open boxes.... I keep waiting for the next shop drop. Hopefully tomorrow...
Image Image ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:17 am

I need to get out more often to Pop hunt!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:31 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah with covid I'm less and less annoyed with the markup...

Oh my gosh I know! There for a while all I did was open boxes.... I keep waiting for the next shop drop. Hopefully tomorrow...

I'm letting everything that has come in recently pile up so I can have an opening bonanza! My last pop order from Funko is in the hall right now just waiting for me to open it - I'm thinking Friday, as a celebration for making it through the week!

And now I'm totally realizing I didn't even ask when these were expected in. I'm usually better about paying attention than this!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:35 pm

rexflexall wrote:I need to get out more often to Pop hunt!

I think we all feel that way. Can't wait to be on the look-out for the chases for my friends, even though my chances aren't great! lol
Image ImageImage Image

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I need to jump on the 2 pack, I'm tempted by the chases but not sure if I need all of them lol. Too many decisions.

I just pay the eBay chase price as I can't stand getting my preorder bundles months after the drop.

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:21 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
I figured they'd all make sense in time! I really need to get moving on that - I don't want to have not bought these for myself, finish the series, love the series, and find out I missed out on the pops! lol

Yeah I agree, the 2 pack is where it's at, not that the others aren't great that one just stands out for me. The show is a bit slow to get into for the first couple episodes but once you're into it you are hooked....

I'll get back to it after New Years, I have another show to watch in the meantime! Isn't that always the problem though? Seems there's always something new and awesome to watch, isn't there? lol

Always seems to never have enough hours in a day to watch everything!

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
I'll get back to it after New Years, I have another show to watch in the meantime! Isn't that always the problem though? Seems there's always something new and awesome to watch, isn't there? lol

Oh yes! Just from pop releases alone this year I have like 20 shows on my to be watched list. My other issue is I like to re-binge shows I've seen 4 million times as opposed to starting a new one sometimes. At least good omens is a one and done so it'd not like there will be a million seasons and you never catch up.

Yeah, I never thought pops would be the things pulling me into new shows, but it's certainly helping for a few of them!

I've been wondering about the one and done nature of it, actually. Fully admitting I haven't finished it, or read the book, but I wonder - is there space in the GO world to do prequels or something? Everyone I know that's watched it just LOVE the show, and want more, so I keep wondering if there's a way to do that with the cast?

And then, of course, get more pops out of it? I do know that my friend will definitely want a pop of Dog to go with her 2-pack, if nothing else! lol

A Dog Pop would be amazing! I almost squeed just thinking about it...LOL!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:47 am

Katers wrote:

I think we all feel that way. Can't wait to be on the look-out for the chases for my friends, even though my chances aren't great! lol

I haven't found a chase in the wild in a couple years!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:06 pm

Katers wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:

Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:56 pm

fbingha wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I just pay the eBay chase price as I can't stand getting my preorder bundles months after the drop.

I haven't yet ordered a chase bundle, so didn't realize they come through so far after the release! Makes sense, but the wait would make me nuts ](*,) Thanks for the info!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:57 pm

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah I agree, the 2 pack is where it's at, not that the others aren't great that one just stands out for me. The show is a bit slow to get into for the first couple episodes but once you're into it you are hooked....

Always seems to never have enough hours in a day to watch everything!

I made it through one season of one series over the holiday break, and I consider that a MAJOR win! But now I need to get back to Good Omens so I understand these pops, and can make a wish list for others I feel we need!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:58 pm

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh yes! Just from pop releases alone this year I have like 20 shows on my to be watched list. My other issue is I like to re-binge shows I've seen 4 million times as opposed to starting a new one sometimes. At least good omens is a one and done so it'd not like there will be a million seasons and you never catch up.

Yeah, I never thought pops would be the things pulling me into new shows, but it's certainly helping for a few of them!

I've been wondering about the one and done nature of it, actually. Fully admitting I haven't finished it, or read the book, but I wonder - is there space in the GO world to do prequels or something? Everyone I know that's watched it just LOVE the show, and want more, so I keep wondering if there's a way to do that with the cast?

And then, of course, get more pops out of it? I do know that my friend will definitely want a pop of Dog to go with her 2-pack, if nothing else! lol

With a flocked chase edition, perhaps?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:59 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

Too many flippers, I think. The one chase I've ever found in the wild was NOT a chase I needed. SIGH!
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:32 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Every time I look at the pop I will know and I am the only one that matters :(
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:31 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Every time I look at the pop I will know and I am the only one that matters :(

That is the best attitude to have, at least until we get our 2021 SDCC Good Omens figure! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:16 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

Too many flippers, I think. The one chase I've ever found in the wild was NOT a chase I needed. SIGH!

So many flippers out in the wild! LOL

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Katers wrote:I haven't yet ordered a chase bundle, so didn't realize they come through so far after the release! Makes sense, but the wait would make me nuts ](*,) Thanks for the info!

It depends on where you order it from, but I usually see the Pops in stores and get my bundle 3-4 months later. It's hard to be patient, but better wait than pay eBay prices most of the time. I can't remember the last time I saw a chase in store though so it's the lesser of two evils for sure.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:39 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

So many flippers out in the wild! LOL

Agreed! I still can't believe how early flippers are in line for this stuff, but I guess they can legit say they've earned it at that point!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:41 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Katers wrote:I haven't yet ordered a chase bundle, so didn't realize they come through so far after the release! Makes sense, but the wait would make me nuts ](*,) Thanks for the info!

It depends on where you order it from, but I usually see the Pops in stores and get my bundle 3-4 months later. It's hard to be patient, but better wait than pay eBay prices most of the time. I can't remember the last time I saw a chase in store though so it's the lesser of two evils for sure.

So much easier when the pop I want doesn't have a chase option.

Of course...so much less exciting, too! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

OMG, Flocked is my favorite variant so I am always down hahahahahah I could totally see Flocked Dog being a con exclusive....
Image Image ImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:27 pm

Any1 else have their boxlunch good omen preorders cancel today?

Boo hoo

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:59 pm

Geescube wrote:Any1 else have their boxlunch good omen preorders cancel today?

Boo hoo

They’ve canceling some of my Simpsons orders, but I was able to get those at Hot Topic...I don’t get it

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:04 am

Boo hoo

Ugh...hate it when that happens! BL hasn't done that to me, but other retailers have.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:30 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:

Boo hoo

They’ve canceling some of my Simpsons orders, but I was able to get those at Hot Topic...I don’t get it

Yeah its weird. They disappeared from the site yet HT has em.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:55 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

OMG, Flocked is my favorite variant so I am always down hahahahahah I could totally see Flocked Dog being a con exclusive....

I can too, actually! Which fills me with dread, since I know at least 2 really good friends that will need one of those! Hope it's at least shared if they do give us a Dog!
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:14 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I can too, actually! Which fills me with dread, since I know at least 2 really good friends that will need one of those! Hope it's at least shared if they do give us a Dog!

Yeah same lol. But I am not mad if its shared, as long as its not an le 1000 ill never see ](*,)
Image Image ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:05 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:OMG, Flocked is my favorite variant so I am always down hahahahahah I could totally see Flocked Dog being a con exclusive....

Yeah same lol. But I am not mad if its shared, as long as its not an le 1000 ill never see ](*,)

I agree. But even some shared exclusives are getting hard to get, not just at the booth but online and in store.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:27 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:OMG, Flocked is my favorite variant so I am always down hahahahahah I could totally see Flocked Dog being a con exclusive....

Oh geeze, if it was LE 1000, I'd have to just slide it in between them and run for it.

And of course, they're both nice, so they'd be doing the "no, you take it, you want it more" to each other, and eventually I'd give up on both of them, slink back in, take it back and just add it to my collection. lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:30 am

squidward wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I agree. But even some shared exclusives are getting hard to get, not just at the booth but online and in store.

I have had some serious trauma trying for SDCC shared exclusives, between poor wifi signals and sites that crash. It's usually easier for a convention I'm not at, ironically! Though it does seem (pre-2020) that the lines for stores were forming earlier and stock was selling out faster!
Image ImageImage Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:38 pm

I get my preorder all set and then of course the penny scam hits my card. It's odd I have only bought from trusted sources but I guess they have their ways. Now to figure out how to keep my Good Omens pre-order.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

Return to “Pop!”