Helping those who cant go to sdcc

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sophie_dee11

Re: Helping those who cant go to sdcc

Postby sophie_dee11 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:34 pm

Haha. I like to think I'm just special in general :P

Well, my mum thinks so haha

edorice
Hall of Fame Class of 2015

Postby edorice » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Of course your situation is totally different Sophie, being in Australia.

sophie_dee11

Postby sophie_dee11 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Yeah, for people in the US I'd just stalk Gemini and if I missed out on there... then maybe contact a member for help. They should restock each day so chances would still be high to get something needed. Hopefully.

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm

Well it sounds like you'll be able to see everything at the funko booth on Gemini's site Thursday...fundays stuff after Friday.
My name is Carol, also respond to "Sho"

COTY 2009, 2010, 2012, COTD 2013

spinn

Postby spinn » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:43 pm

edorice wrote:I just don't get it. Since Gemini Collectibles is offering SDCC booth prices and free shipping why burden a forum member with picking up items for you. Comic Con is going to be crowded and parking is going to be scarce. Please clarify this for me, because I just don't understand.

Me neither...Gemini sounds like the place to check if you can't go to SDCC.
Jeff here.
http://trampt.com/h/spinn

DocRamon

Postby DocRamon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:48 pm

it's easy to say "just wait for gemini" if you're actually going to sdcc or doing the pre-buy. but many of us aren't in that group, and really want some of these exclusives. our options are limited, unless we're okay with overpaying.

personally, i'd feel much more assured if i knew that someone here was going to help me out. that's almost a guarantee, where gemini is a competition with the rest of the world. how many will gemini have available? when will they go on sale? will i see them before they sell out?

july 12 is a thursday. many of us -- myself included -- have to work that day, and can't just stalk a retailer website during business hours, waiting for a product to go online. this year also brings a lot of brand new funko collectors. some of them -- again, myself included -- have never gone through this process with gemini before. and even if it went smoothly in past years, those newer collectors will certainly increase demand, meaning it may not be so smooth this year.

so, fear of the unknown drives us non-attending collectors to find a sure-thing for getting the most desired items, and people on here can be trusted. if a fellow funatic tells me that they WILL get me a flocked pooh (for example), it's one less item that i have to worry about finding later, when they may already be sold out.

all that said... i'm not asking anyone to get me anything. i'm rolling the dice with gemini and hoping that i get the things i want next week. it's a risk. but i'll be okay if i don't get something. i still don't have a glow mike or flocked sulley, and i've managed to live my life just fine. and if gemini turns out to be a dud for me, i'll seek out people with extras here AFTER the fact.

yellowrice
HoF 2014 & Spirit
HoF 2014 & Spirit

Postby yellowrice » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I agree with the many points that Doc made. I understand why members are asking other members to still help out due to the unknown quantity that Gemini is going to carry and the big demand that there might be. My feeling is that the Vinylmation collectors are also going to be on this, so that with our own collectors and the flippers out there could make this hard.

I too am going to hope for the best on Gemini, and if not, hopefully somebody has extras afterwards.

It's going to be a quiet next week on the boards, hopefully somebody post some pictures. Have a great time guys!
James
Suit up! For tonight is going to be Legend... wait for it...

dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Postby dustman94 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:22 pm

FEAR IS WHAT WILL DRIVE THE PRICES UP. THIS YEAR IS SOUNDS LIKE STEVE WILL BE HAVE THEM ALL, PAST YEARS THE "LEFTOVERS" WERE SPLIT UP. KNOWING STEVE HE WOULDN'T SAY THAT HE WILL HAVE ALL SDCC EXCLUVES AND KNOWING BRIAN HE WILL MAKE SURE STEVE CAN BACK IT UP.

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:51 pm

That counter up top, every time I look at it and a second ticks away, it hurts my heart...

lol
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

jake1977jr

Postby jake1977jr » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:43 am

I agree,Doc did make a lot of good points in his post.I did ask someone to get stuff for me,but then when I seen Steve said that Gemini would be getting all of the same stuff,I decided to just go through them,and told the person just to help someone else out.Since we still don't know everything thats coming out,it's gonna be kind of hard to tell someone everything you exactly want,at least this way we'll be able to see pics.But if it's gonna be hard to even get the stuff off of Gemini,then that worries me too.I'm already stressed out with family stuff going on right now with my grandma's health,me trying to get all of the SDCC stuff I want might make me have a nervous breakdown.If I can't get everything off of Gemini,I hope someone will help me if they get extras.

mikem
Hall of Fame Class of 2014
Hall of Fame Class of 2014

Postby mikem » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:59 am

I don't mind helping a few, which I am but can't do anymore people. I'll get for them what I can and what I can't I'll refund their PayPal. I don't want anything in return. Just pay it forward sometime on one of the funko forums.

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:41 am

I too am helping out others but i still think Gemini will be able to accomodate everyone...perhaps Steve you could provide a little assurance for us ?

pezman

Postby pezman » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:13 am

Don't panic people. Even some of last years stuff is still floating around. With a few rare exceptions prices are not terrible if you look around. The sdcc stuff will not sell out in a day or two, and if it does, it will probably come back. I know there are newer collectors etc, but there should be plenty to go around. If not, people here are always into trades and selling later on, so hopefully the days of $500 boos are behind us.

It makes the event more special not knowing what is gonna be there. (Not being able to go myself, I would like to know ahead of time. But if I were going it would be better to not know.)

This is what makes the event special. Exclusives are called that for a reason. I am just glad some people here go out of their way to help us nonattendees out.

Just make sure I get dibs on those PEZ!

TZ
Tom Z.

singerguy04

Postby singerguy04 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm

All of us newbies need to calm down. Everyone that's experienced with SDCC is telling us to, so we should.

I can only speak for myself, but I know my nervousness comes from the fact that I've never been to any sort of convention at all much less the largest comic convention in the country. I have no idea what it looks like or how fast things sell, but I can't help imagining that each morning looks like Wal-Mart on Black Friday, and the hot buy this year is Funko!

What we need to take into consideration is what pezman was saying above, there are still many SDCC exclusives from last year easily available for not much more than their original price. The production runs for each item was increased, and there's more to choose from also. The average Disney fan probably won't pick up each Disney piece either, heck we're collectors and many of us aren't talking about picking up every piece.

We just need to breath a little, I think we have a good shot at getting what we want! :)
I'm Jeffrey!
IN SEARCH OF: SDCC '15 - Rapunzel w/Frying Pan, Flame Anger, Both Baymax, Regina
NYCC '15 - Blue Mater, Flocked Stitch

orijin

Postby orijin » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm

I message someone before but didnt really get a response back, anyone else willing to help me get a couple from sdcc? I can pay via paypal, I am paypal confirmed and verified :).

And btw awesome forums found this yesterday! Been buying so many pops spent already over $200 :(

edorice

Postby edorice » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 pm

orijin wrote:I message someone before but didnt really get a response back, anyone else willing to help me get a couple from sdcc? I can pay via paypal, I am paypal confirmed and verified :).

And btw awesome forums found this yesterday! Been buying so many pops spent already over $200 :(

WWW.Geminicollectibles.com takes PayPal too.

spinn

Postby spinn » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:34 am

I happened to inquire with Steve about Gemini's plan to sell SDCC items at booth prices, and unfortunately his answer was not reassuring. He basically indicated that he could not share any info on prices prior to SDCC...which was not my initial question. I'm hoping there's not a new plan to charge more...especially since they're promoting free shipping on those days.
Jeff here.
http://trampt.com/h/spinn

mindblowin02
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby mindblowin02 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:46 am

Everything sold at the con should be fairly easy to get.

Items and prizes from funday will be harder and much more expensive but alot of them will be available here, at Gemeni, and on the bay.

Don't worry, you will be able to get what you want.

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:12 am

Steve can't disclose any information on the comic con items he will have until after the con starts....same with the fundays items, not until after fundays.

orijin

Postby orijin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:36 am

edorice wrote:
orijin wrote:I message someone before but didnt really get a response back, anyone else willing to help me get a couple from sdcc? I can pay via paypal, I am paypal confirmed and verified :).

http://WWW.Geminicollectibles.com takes PayPal too.

its not guranteed as to what he would have thats the problem :(, was hoping a member would be able to get the ones i want for me.

sclarke03

Postby sclarke03 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 am

orijin wrote:
edorice wrote:

http://WWW.Geminicollectibles.com takes PayPal too.

its not guranteed as to what he would have thats the problem :(, was hoping a member would be able to get the ones i want for me.

I think it's safe to say that Gemini will have everything that Funko will have at their booth. He has a very good relationship with Funko. He's even going to be getting a lot of rare items that most sellers won't be getting. So if no one can come through for you, it's not a bad alternative.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

sclarke03

Postby sclarke03 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 am

I should also add a lot of the items will turn up on this board in the sales/trades section also, so check that out too.
Steve

WANTED: Purple Tuxedo Freddy!!!!

Shavedcrx

Postby Shavedcrx » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:40 am

I'm mostly interested in funday items as I'm unable to attend.
Chris
ISO: Kylo Ren and Wreck it Ralph Protos

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 am

What Sclarke03 said !

loki'd

Postby loki'd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:42 pm

I know that I may be too late to ask but I honestly am only looking for 1 of the SDCC exclusives this year and I have a huge feeling he'll be hard to get/very expensive to get secondary market wise.

If anyone at all can help me out with a reasonably priced new exclusive Loki I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you!

edorice

Postby edorice » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:47 pm

loki'd wrote:I know that I may be too late to ask but I honestly am only looking for 1 of the SDCC exclusives this year and I have a huge feeling he'll be hard to get/very expensive to get secondary market wise.

If anyone at all can help me out with a reasonably priced new exclusive Loki I'd be forever grateful.

Thank you!

www.geminicollectibles.com this Thursday, Friday and Saturday free shipping.

loki'd

Postby loki'd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:17 pm

edorice wrote:
loki'd wrote:I know that I may be too late to ask but I honestly am only looking for 1 of the SDCC exclusives this year and I have a huge feeling he'll be hard to get/very expensive to get secondary market wise.

Thank you!

www.geminicollectibles.com this Thursday, Friday and Saturday free shipping.

Thank you for the link. I had seen that and plan to try there but didn't think it would hurt to ask here in case I miss out from Gemini.

dustman94

Postby dustman94 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Shavedcrx wrote:I'm mostly interested in funday items as I'm unable to attend.

I'M SURE THE FLIPPERS WILL HAVE SOME UP FOR SALE

Meth68

Postby Meth68 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:26 pm

I hope someone can track down Oogie Boogie Glow (most important), Metallic Mickey Sorcerer & Chernabog 2 pack and 9" Sulley/Boo at booth prices. I know Gonzo said he will help, but i could only imagine the insanity at the con today
Vinny
Mainly collecting Freddy's now. :freddy2:

jguerin117
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jguerin117 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:59 pm

i ordered everything through gemini but i just need help getting the 2 sulley blox, anyone tjhat can help it would be greatly appreciated
Jeff

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm looking for the Oogie and 9" Sulley...got most of the stuff I wanted from Gemini.
Calvin

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm

I need Sulley/Boo as well. :( Any help would be IMMENSELY appreciated. [-o<
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

MillieB

Postby MillieB » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:32 pm

I'd also like to put out there that I'd greatly appreciate help with sulley & boo. :)
Hi I'm Millaina

Dream Pops/Vinyls
Unmasked Jason
Flocked Wolfman

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 pm

Heard Sulley is sold out at the booth.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Pumpkin King wrote:Heard Sulley is sold out at the booth.

Hopefully they only put out a certain amount of Sulley each day...was it like this last year? I only started collecting this year in February.
Calvin

angrychairs

Postby angrychairs » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Seems like we all need Sulley/Boo, I imagine they will become quite pricey soon enough.
It ain't lookin too good for ya thor!
Pop count 141 and climbing! Looking for: Jam Master Jay to complete my rocks set

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Workers at booth said they sell like 80 each day. Get there early
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Pumpkin King

Postby Pumpkin King » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 pm

They MIGHT be putting out a set number each day. Afterall, only so many will fit in the shelf. But, they do have storage space for extra product on the docks at the con. I bet they sale through each day and replenish before the con opens each morning. That is how Mezco does it I know cause I helped out at their booth one year. If they sale 80 per day, that is 320 total counting Preview Night. Then take say 50 to 100 that Gemini got maybe? I dunno, something like that.
COTM October 2010

The Crusher of Dreams

Death Proof

Postby Death Proof » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Any idea what kind of stuff they will have at funko fun days?
Peace Love and POP!
- Steve U.

Instagram: Firewater1983

angrychairs

Postby angrychairs » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah since Im new to this (started collecting in January) Im interested in this funday business, what normally happens?
It ain't lookin too good for ya thor!
Pop count 141 and climbing! Looking for: Jam Master Jay to complete my rocks set

Return to “Pop!”