Golden Age Batman (Specialty Series Wave 2)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
brooklyn_geek

Re: Golden Age Batman (Specialty Series Wave 2)

Postby brooklyn_geek » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:54 pm

RobinBear177 wrote:Got some news from one of my comic shops. He told me apparently the deal with these is they were only supposed to go to local mom and pop stores that are official funko distributors. But right at the last second Diamond Select was able to get an account and they are saying this is a one time thing to boost awareness of diamond products. So now Diamond and everyone who has an account with them are now able to order these. Some examples he said are entertainment earth and he also said gamestop will be getting them. He said each store will probably get a case of 6 since they all have accounts. He also said he was able to order 36 of them so comic stores and mom and pop shops should be able to order more than one case, a master case I guess. Just passing along the info I got from him. If anyone here actually has an account with funko or diamond and can confirm or comment on this I'd like to hear what they have to say.

This is complete misinformation. EE will not be offering these and neither will Diamond. They WERE able to offer the Cosmo & Howard the Duck pieces but not the Batman...and logically how could they be part of a specialty series intended for smaller retailers and be in Gamestop? Different retailers are allocated different amounts. Thank you Funko for giving the little guys an opportunity.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 am

Okay Like I said that's just what one guy told me. I wanted to get info from others. I asked him if I could preorder and how much but he said they don't do preorders and then some reasons but really I think he just wants to gauge the price once they get them. IDK glad someone could say something about it, thanks.

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:19 am

My store said they're set to get them in October. Can't wait!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:17 am

RobinBear177 wrote:Okay Like I said that's just what one guy told me. I wanted to get info from others. I asked him if I could preorder and how much but he said they don't do preorders and then some reasons but really I think he just wants to gauge the price once they get them. IDK glad someone could say something about it, thanks.

I didn't mean to come off like I was jumping on your back about it, but I strongly dislike rumours that completely fly in the face of logic.

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:17 am

Thanks for the update! Good info.
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:They WERE able to offer the Cosmo & Howard the Duck pieces but not the Batman...

So, why were they able to offer the first wave but not the second? I haven't read up on all the details with the batman so I am sure I missed something.

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:48 am

The Head wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:They WERE able to offer the Cosmo & Howard the Duck pieces but not the Batman...

So, why were they able to offer the first wave but not the second? I haven't read up on all the details with the batman so I am sure I missed something.

I have no info regarding the decision making process on Funko's end of things, but I did reach out to people at EE & Diamond to see if they would have the second wave available and was told that Funko has taken them away from distributors.

Ske7ch

Postby Ske7ch » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:00 pm

I pre-ordered from PC not too long ago.

Just call me Manny

ISO Metallic Chase Riddler & Penguin

ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:34 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
The Head wrote:

I have no info regarding the decision making process on Funko's end of things, but I did reach out to people at EE & Diamond to see if they would have the second wave available and was told that Funko has taken them away from distributors.

Interesting, thanks! Maybe they figured it didn't fit the intent of the program. Diamond is the distributor for a lot of mom and pop comic shops though. :-k I guess as long as they can go to funko direct, it's ok.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Yeah no problem here BK I'm just glad someone could confirm or deny.

Return to “Pop!”