Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheWordWizard

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Pops!

Postby TheWordWizard » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 pm

I'm personally going completist on only the Harry Potter line right now, and I'm planning on doing the same for this one as well. (That said, they're the only "two" lines I'm doing that for. :D) I do hope that this line is a bit smaller though. Maybe only have a small line when the films come out? Other than more creatures (which I am totally game for!) I can't really see who else could be made. Though, of course, I've not seen the movie yet, so I can't really say for sure.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:26 pm

POPiFields wrote:Must. Have. Niffler.

Also, Queenie and Tina look really cool. I'm assuming this movie is set in the early 20th century. I'm down for that.

TheWordWizard wrote:I'm personally going completist on only the Harry Potter line right now, and I'm planning on doing the same for this one as well. (That said, they're the only "two" lines I'm doing that for. :D) I do hope that this line is a bit smaller though. Maybe only have a small line when the films come out? Other than more creatures (which I am totally game for!) I can't really see who else could be made. Though, of course, I've not seen the movie yet, so I can't really say for sure.

maybe I'm wrong but I think I read that they were considering making it a trilogy, so 3 films instead of 8 should make it somewhat smaller.

Tazz013

Postby Tazz013 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:34 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Tazz013 wrote:
HappinessGuano wrote:The book that use to be out (which has now been pulled off the shelves)

Off-topic: Why was this pulled from shelves?

Most likely to make way for the screenplay version, which should be coming out soon.

The first book really isn't a book, though. It was essentially a prop, as were 'Quidditch Through the Ages' and 'Tales of Beedle the Bard,' both of which are still being published and readily available. This book was also part of a boxset called 'Hogwarts Library' along with those other two. That set has been discontinued and replaced with 'Hogwarts Classics' which is a set of just those other two books.

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:55 pm

I don't know why I want these.... BUT i do.

popoy

Postby popoy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Truly magical wave! A must have for any Potheads! :P
Popoy
Pop Count: 135
Collects My Hero Academia, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, Futurama, and sets that I like

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Tazz013 wrote:The first book really isn't a book, though. It was essentially a prop, as were 'Quidditch Through the Ages' and 'Tales of Beedle the Bard,' both of which are still being published and readily available. This book was also part of a boxset called 'Hogwarts Library' along with those other two. That set has been discontinued and replaced with 'Hogwarts Classics' which is a set of just those other two books.

I know. I have to field questions on it often at work. People will ask what it is and I explain all of that to them. Doesn't change that they decided to pull FB for the screenplay. The three prop books are pretty cute though. Kind of wish I'd grabbed the set before they literally disappeared from the shelves. There's always a possibility for it to return later though.

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:23 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Tazz013 wrote:The first book really isn't a book, though. It was essentially a prop, as were 'Quidditch Through the Ages' and 'Tales of Beedle the Bard,' both of which are still being published and readily available. This book was also part of a boxset called 'Hogwarts Library' along with those other two. That set has been discontinued and replaced with 'Hogwarts Classics' which is a set of just those other two books.

I know. I have to field questions on it often at work. People will ask what it is and I explain all of that to them. Doesn't change that they decided to pull FB for the screenplay. The three prop books are pretty cute though. Kind of wish I'd grabbed the set before they literally disappeared from the shelves. There's always a possibility for it to return later though.

According to Amazon, it's being rerelease in March 2017. Odd.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:30 pm

HPLove wrote:According to Amazon, it's being rerelease in March 2017. Odd.

Well, that was fast! I didn't think it would be gone for good. It'll probably be a reissue more than just a reprint though, if it happens. We'll have to see.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:13 am

100% need all the Nifflers

and I may 100% need all the others pops too :D
- tauntaunking on instagram

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:55 am

POPiFields wrote:
TheWordWizard wrote:I'm personally going completist on only the Harry Potter line right now, and I'm planning on doing the same for this one as well. (That said, they're the only "two" lines I'm doing that for. :D) I do hope that this line is a bit smaller though. Maybe only have a small line when the films come out? Other than more creatures (which I am totally game for!) I can't really see who else could be made. Though, of course, I've not seen the movie yet, so I can't really say for sure.

maybe I'm wrong but I think I read that they were considering making it a trilogy, so 3 films instead of 8 should make it somewhat smaller.

I also heard it'll be a trilogy. I assume that's why the logo always has "Fantastic Beasts" in really large print, while the rest of the title is considerably smaller. The titling will be "Fantastic Beasts and _____".
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:24 am

StarWarner wrote:
ruxy_100 wrote:I'm a bit on the fence about these.

Harry Potter is one of only two lines that I've been a completist with (the other being Doctor Who). And I class these as technically being Harry Potter pops, even though they have their own separate numbering.

Up until now I've enjoyed being a completist - but for the first time I'm questioning - do I really need 3 Nifflers that will all look fairly similar on my shelf. The Newt is also quite similar to the SDCC version.

I guess I'm also a bit less excited about this line because I don't know much about the movie yet. The Harry Potter pops are exciting, because they play to my nostalgic childhood feelings of reading the books and watching the movies. But it's hard to get excited about these ones until I actually watch the movie.

So now to decide - should I remain a completist, or start picking and choosing. Hmmm.

Did I write that post? lol

I'm also a Doctor Who and Harry Potter fan. They are the only two lines I've tried to complete. I'm torn, too. I'm super excited about the movie and it looks like it will be great, but I don't want to get too worked up about the Pops until I see the movie. That being said, they are in the HP universe, so I feel like I should get all of them. I do really love how Tina and Seraphina look. I hope as we get closer to the movie's release I'll be even more excited about these.

I do kind of wish the Niffler was smaller and done in a three pack like the SDCC set, but oh well.

I completely agree. I hope I get more excited closer to the movie's release as well.

I think it really is just a case of not having the nostalgia behind these ones. And not knowing the characters.

I do buy other movie pops before I've seen the movies, but that's usually for Marvel or DC where I at least know of the characters from other mediums.

Anyway, I contemplated my Harry Potter collection when I got home today. Of all the pops released so far - there are only two that I've bought just to be a completist (i.e. one's that I didn't really like, but bought anyway) - Harry with Sword and the recent Harry with Egg. And I think the enjoyment I get from having a complete collection outweighs the bad feelings of owning two pops that I don't really like.

So I think for the time being I will try to remain a completist with the Potterverse figures. But I'll probably wait to collect all of the Fantastic Beasts releases until after the movie come out, just to make sure. It really is only the two Niffler variants and the Newt variant that I'm put off by.

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:21 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
HPLove wrote:According to Amazon, it's being rerelease in March 2017. Odd.

Well, that was fast! I didn't think it would be gone for good. It'll probably be a reissue more than just a reprint though, if it happens. We'll have to see.

It is going to be a revised book, I'm assuming with new beasts from the film. It's also going to have many more illustrations in it than the original. I know I'm super excited for it! :D

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:49 pm

HPLove wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

It was announced a while back that there would be new versions released next year with additional material in it. They never pulled the current version, just stopped printing and the copies that were out there have been selling due to the hype for the movie. The BAM near me still has a couple of copies on their Harry Potter table the have set up.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Definitely getting the Niffler. Seraphina's headdress is beautiful. Hesitant on getting the others until I see the movie and decide if I like the characters. I'm so pumped for this movie.
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:44 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
HPLove wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

It was announced a while back that there would be new versions released next year with additional material in it. They never pulled the current version, just stopped printing and the copies that were out there have been selling due to the hype for the movie. The BAM near me still has a couple of copies on their Harry Potter table the have set up.

They go for $60+ on eBay. Just sayin...

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 pm

paxderomano wrote:Aside from Newt and the Niffler, were the other characters created for the screenplay? I haven't read Fantastic Beasts, but my understanding was it's a guide with notes from Newt as opposed to a proper narrative.

Yes the book is more of an Encyclopedia of creatures...
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:58 pm

paxderomano wrote:Aside from Newt and the Niffler, were the other characters created for the screenplay? I haven't read Fantastic Beasts, but my understanding was it's a guide with notes from Newt as opposed to a proper narrative.

plus Queenie is also almost a Pop Rocks if you think about it... because she's Alison Sudol aka A Fine Frenzy lol I just found that out yesterday (if she was in the trailer, I didn't notice)

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
HPLove wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Your BAM probably ignored the recall lol because it came down from the company itself. I went into my B&N looking for them and they told me that the publisher called for all the books to be returned. They had dozens, and then nothing, even the box sets.
Too soon?

pottertub86

Postby pottertub86 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:09 am

The original Fantastic beasts and Quidditch through the ages were realised in the UK as part of Comic Relief, which is a charity event, back in 2001 before even the first film had come out. And long before Beedle the Bard.

It was the re-released as part of the Hogwarts Library set (as has been mentioned).

Didn't know the Fantastic Beasts had been withdrawn to make way for a new addition, that's really interesting. They are tiny thin books, so will be looking forward to the extra content.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:53 pm

These are starting to show up!!! On eBay the Hot Topic Exclusive Flocked Niffler is listed by someone in California. Also Hot Topic Online has Seraphina and Queenie and you can get them with the flash 30% off sale that is running for a few more hours. Let the chase begin!

Also, if anyone knows the Target DCPI code for their exclusive Niffler, could you please post it? Brick Seek really helped me find First Task Harry with the Golden Egg. Thanks!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Just picked up Seraphina and queenie from HT online. I'm a little worried about finding the Target Niffler, seems like the target exlc are hard to come by around here it seems.

PrincessLeia

Postby PrincessLeia » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:55 am

magicalme wrote:

Yes the book is more of an Encyclopedia of creatures...

Porpentina (Tina) is mentioned in Fantastic Beasts, in the "About the Author" section:
Spoiler: show
It's mentioned that Newt lives in Dorset with his wife Porpentina and their 3 kneazels pets.

I spotted the Flocked Niffler on Instagram today! It's adorable!
I'm Alexandra, but call me Alex!
My instagram: @wicked.witchy.things

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:06 pm

The Pops are showing up in stores already! I found Newt w/ egg today at Books-A-Million. He was the only one they had but they said to check back this week as they are expecting the rest to come in. Also, added bonus as I am on the East Coast (Orlando area). I can't wait to find the Nifflers, they look so cute!

Propellarhead9

Postby Propellarhead9 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 pm

I found a Seraphina at Hot Topic the other day but she's the only one that I've come across so far.
My Collection:
Mystery Minis: 76
Dorbz: 127
Reaction: 4
Wacky Wobblers: 4
Vinyl Idolz: 1
Rock Candy: 2
Pint Size Heroes: 25

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:13 pm

The Niffler glam is a lie. The actual Pop is like half the size that is shown in the glam. Weird.

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:11 pm

HPLove wrote:The Niffler glam is a lie. The actual Pop is like half the size that is shown in the glam. Weird.

I'm actually pretty happy about that: it means he'll scale nicer with the others. Can't wait until I start finding these in the wild myself!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:27 pm

A local Hot Topic received in Tina Goldstein and Seraphina Picquery today so I picked them up. Found the Newt Scamander Pocket Pop at FYE today, so grabbed him too. They are slowly appearing in the wild!

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:18 pm

TheWordWizard wrote:
HPLove wrote:The Niffler glam is a lie. The actual Pop is like half the size that is shown in the glam. Weird.

I'm actually pretty happy about that: it means he'll scale nicer with the others. Can't wait until I start finding these in the wild myself!

You're right, his smaller size is probably more appropriate. I just think he looks cuter (like a big cute teddy bear) in the glam version.

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:12 pm

alot of these are hitting shelves and sitting at my hot topic store
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:54 am

HT has the flocked Niffler available online now

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:40 pm

HPLove wrote:HT has the flocked Niffler available online now

Percival Graves is also up on HT online. My local store got the HT Exclusive Niffler in stock so I swung by after work and picked one up! He is super cute in person! Now I need the Target Exclusive Niffler!

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Avengers74 wrote:

Percival Graves is also up on HT online. My local store got the HT Exclusive Niffler in stock so I swung by after work and picked one up! He is super cute in person! Now I need the Target Exclusive Niffler!

Anybody know if there a DPCI for this line at Target?
Hi, I'm Jerry!

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Time to find room for them lol
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Avengers74 wrote:

Good to know. I'll be stopping in store tomorrow for this, bloody cassidy, and a few others. Hoping my store has everything in stock.

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 pm

I got my HT flocked Niffler today. He looks so freaking adorable, I can't wait to get my hands on the Target one.
Too soon?

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Has anybody found the Target Niffler yet? I haven't seen any of these guys in any stores, but I'm a bit more worried about missing that one, as I'm sure the others will be easy enough to find for a while.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 am

Its been hard to resist buying the whole collection (my bank account makes it a lil easier)
Target has made there last few exclusives bit of a trick to find (for me at least) im hopping these are plentiful. Its harry potter so they should be every where right?? but then you would of thought batman would of been heavily produced too.

just my rambling.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:08 am

Okay, I know the technical term is flocked, but I keep calling it a fuzzy niffler. Which totally sounds like something we should be drinking to celebrate our Pop! successes...

Also hoping someone get a DPCI code for that Target niffler. They're just so cute, I can't help it!
Image ImageImage Image

RyGuySlytherin

Postby RyGuySlytherin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:07 pm

Just got Jacob this morning! All I need now is Graves (Should be here Wednesday) and the Target Niffler :freddy2:

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:47 pm

RyGuySlytherin wrote:Just got Jacob this morning! All I need now is Graves (Should be here Wednesday) and the Target Niffler :freddy2:

I also got Jacob today - and the regular Niffler. My Graves shipped and should be showing up any day now. Now if only the Target exclusive Niffler would just start showing up! Then on to Harry Potter wave 3.

Return to “Pop!”