Would Anyone Else Like To See More Chrome Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Re: Would Anyone Else Like To See More Chrome Pops

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Classier wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:
Classier wrote:Sorry for the necrobump, but I stumbled across this, and I think it’s funny to see a thread clamoring for more chromes, since so many people are kind of sick of them right now.

I just wish they didn't feel so cheap. They're likely using a PVC style plastic, which probably makes the chrome process easier... Don't mind them one bit, but just hate the feel.

I just like shiny things. As long as the chrome pops can be used to light ants on fire, I’ll keep buying them. I also like how they bobble OOB. They make the best noise.

Have you done this before? LOL I think we need video evidence.

Valde wrote:My answer is still yes!

Sarcasticguy wrote:
Classier wrote:Sorry for the necrobump, but I stumbled across this, and I think it’s funny to see a thread clamoring for more chromes, since so many people are kind of sick of them right now.

I just wish they didn't feel so cheap. They're likely using a PVC style plastic, which probably makes the chrome process easier... Don't mind them one bit, but just hate the feel.

You can always leave these in the box, very lame way to display them I know. I don’t want to take them out any get finger prints all over them. I guess I could use gloves but that’s kinda silly.

True, but I like playing with my toys \:D/
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:24 pm

At first, I wasn't a fan of the Gold Chrome. But after seeing the Groot and Star Lord in person, I quickly changed my mind. These look AWESOME! I'm a believer!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 pm

Chrome pops are starting to grow on me since I've gotten the Toy Tokyo gold chrome vegeta.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

tamika_em

Postby tamika_em » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:54 pm

nah, i think they are over doing it . the first few looks good but now they just look ordinary to me

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:06 pm

I absolutely love chrome and metallic pops. However I do think it is entirely to many. The chrome and metallic pops always were kinda rare and hard to get which made it that much better when you got one. Now it just seems like chrome put on anything without making any sense. The 10 yr anniversary gold pops should not have been all gold. Each character should have had there own color. Pops that would make complete sense and that I have been saying for a while would be a Silver chrome surfer! Don't just do them because make them make sense and hard to get! Chrome and metallic always felt kinda like a chase. Hard to find but really cool if you got one. Please go back to that.

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:32 pm

I'm still waiting and hoping they make TMNT chrome pops.

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:40 am

Personally I’m not a huuuuuuge fan of the chrome pops. I think the reason is I collect icons and I know anything chrome would cost way too much. Idk. I like seeing the eyes and color details.
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Return to “Pop!”