American History Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BenLo

Re: American History Pops

Postby BenLo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:01 am

Haven't even checked yet, but I think these are awesome. Gonna have to hit Target

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:12 am

I'm gonna need to find at least that Rosie one for my friend. She has always liked that character

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:15 am

These are something I'm gonna need for the collection

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:45 am

mactds wrote:Love that you could just walk into Target, and get Rosie, Sam, and Abe this past weekend.

Right?! No need to get up super early in hopes of getting one

Instagram: whatthefunk206

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:01 pm

Gonzo206 wrote:
mactds wrote:Love that you could just walk into Target, and get Rosie, Sam, and Abe this past weekend.

it sold out online so fast. but in store it was easy
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:19 pm

I love my Lincoln. Kind of regretting not grabbing the others.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:58 pm

I got my Rosie’s in mail today from Target. They package them well but sent me damaged ones. Luckily I found a good box at my local target today.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 am

clutch09 wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:

I might end up picking them up if I can find them while in the US this summer.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:48 am

clutch09 wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:

Exactly, I heard people walking in towards the end of the night and there were still some left over.

draemar

Postby draemar » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:50 pm

digithor wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:

The commons appeared here in Canada.... no one bought any, lol
ImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 pm

draemar wrote:
digithor wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

Haha, it would be a strange pick-up in Canada, I'd imagine.

fouxdafafa

Postby fouxdafafa » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:05 pm

Yesterday, I saw that the closest Target to me had 6 in stock of each. I've never had much luck at this Target. Usually, I have to drive 45 mins away to another town to find any exclusives. I've been told by other local collectors that a guy who works at this Target usually buys them up and resells them online. However, I thought I would give it a chance.

We drove over there this afternoon and while there were designated sections for them with barcode, there weren't any on the shelf. We had to track someone down who saw in the system that there were supposed to be 3 out on the shelf and 3 in the back. She tracked down another employee, who I believe may be the reseller. He went to the back and brought out one of each (Rosie, Sam, Abe) and said he pulled the "best ones" out for us. However, the box for Lincoln was scratched. We asked him to get another one (he just happened to find a better looking one). And then he lied and said that there wasn't any space for a display. I also asked for another Rosie for a friend who can't make it to Target, and he told us they only allow 1 exclusive per household. Is this true? I'm used to shopping at other places, and I'm usually able to look through the pops myself.

Anyways, sorry for the long story. If you don't see them at your local Target, ask for an employee. I'm guessing they are hording them in the back.

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:42 am

fouxdafafa wrote:Yesterday, I saw that the closest Target to me had 6 in stock of each. I've never had much luck at this Target. Usually, I have to drive 45 mins away to another town to find any exclusives. I've been told by other local collectors that a guy who works at this Target usually buys them up and resells them online. However, I thought I would give it a chance.

We drove over there this afternoon and while there were designated sections for them with barcode, there weren't any on the shelf. We had to track someone down who saw in the system that there were supposed to be 3 out on the shelf and 3 in the back. She tracked down another employee, who I believe may be the reseller. He went to the back and brought out one of each (Rosie, Sam, Abe) and said he pulled the "best ones" out for us. However, the box for Lincoln was scratched. We asked him to get another one (he just happened to find a better looking one). And then he lied and said that there wasn't any space for a display. I also asked for another Rosie for a friend who can't make it to Target, and he told us they only allow 1 exclusive per household. Is this true? I'm used to shopping at other places, and I'm usually able to look through the pops myself.

Anyways, sorry for the long story. If you don't see them at your local Target, ask for an employee. I'm guessing they are hording them in the back.

Sometimes i believe they make up rules as they go. I understand one per person, but household? Hmmm, sounds fishy. Glad you found them tho! I haven't had any luck
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

mactds

Postby mactds » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Gonzo206 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:

Exactly, I heard people walking in towards the end of the night and there were still some left over.

It's just such a more relaxing experience. The 6am pacific time isn't the best for me, but ease in store is great!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:17 pm

fouxdafafa wrote:Yesterday, I saw that the closest Target to me had 6 in stock of each. I've never had much luck at this Target. Usually, I have to drive 45 mins away to another town to find any exclusives. I've been told by other local collectors that a guy who works at this Target usually buys them up and resells them online. However, I thought I would give it a chance.

I hate reading stories like this.... I think most Target stores got 13 of each exclusive.... 7 of each came in a display shipper with George Washington and Ben Franklin, so that's 35 pops in the display.... and then 3 extra cases of 6 figures of each exclusive.
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:48 am

draemar wrote:
digithor wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

I could see that happening lol

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:05 am

sorry to hear but give the guy a break he needed inventory for his ebay store LOL
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:45 am

mactds wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
clutch09 wrote:

It's just such a more relaxing experience. The 6am pacific time isn't the best for me, but ease in store is great!

I don't mind getting early to a store if it allowed me an easy time getting them.

VoorheesRulez

Postby VoorheesRulez » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:56 pm

These were very easy in store. Some stores around me still have all 3 exclusives on the shelves as of yesterday.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:57 pm

I feel like target is super inconsistent with their exclusive releases. I had some issues when I went to get their 10 inch mickey exclusive. It was annoying. I have pretty much given up on trying super hard for target exclusives. If I see one and I like it, I will get it, but I have decided I won't hunt for them for sure.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:11 am

nascar246788 wrote:

I feel like target is super inconsistent with their exclusive releases. I had some issues when I went to get their 10 inch mickey exclusive. It was annoying. I have pretty much given up on trying super hard for target exclusives. If I see one and I like it, I will get it, but I have decided I won't hunt for them for sure.

Don't forget their exclusives showing up in the discount store with a good amount of stock.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

MrAbacab

Postby MrAbacab » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 pm

Did anyone notice a different Target sticker on Rosie the Riveter with no white border? I bought one in NY while on vacation, and when I got back to NC I noticed the sticker was different.

Return to “Pop!”