Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
philipali

Re: Dragonball Z Wave 2 POPs

Postby philipali » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:27 pm

do we expect any more DBZ pops added to this wave?
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

emk194

Postby emk194 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:32 pm

I was extremely lucky I got the Golden Frieza for $40CAD. It actually ended up being free because the ebay seller shipped it in a bubble envelope (wtf!!!!!!), damaging the box, and then not replying to either mine or ebay's messages, leading to me getting my money back and not having to send it back. So when you guys say it's like $50USD, that's $67CAD + shipping (usually about $20CAD) + import charges (I hate eBay for this - it's usually about $15CAD). So, it ends up being about $102CAD for a damn $50USD Pop. So I try to get whatever I can through people here. Or PC because at least their prices are basically the same prices here.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:04 pm

philipali wrote:do we expect any more DBZ pops added to this wave?

SSB Vegeta to go along with that SSB Goku. Otherwise, nothing so far. Then again, Beerus and Goku were out of left field so who knows. I'm still waiting on that 6 inch Oozaru Vegeta.

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:10 pm

poppetmaster wrote:

SSB Vegeta to go along with that SSB Goku. Otherwise, nothing so far. Then again, Beerus and Goku were out of left field so who knows. I'm still waiting on that 6 inch Oozaru Vegeta.

To along with a 6" broly :)

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:15 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

I was hoping they would do staple characters before movie characters that have nothing to do with the story line....however, now we have Resurrection F characters so...

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:21 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

I was hoping they would do staple characters before movie characters that have nothing to do with the story line....however, now we have Resurrection F characters so...

I don't expect them to do a broly honestly its just wishful thinking, if there is another wave I could see them doing majin vegeta, ss2 kid gohan , ss3 goku, and king kai with bubbles.

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:56 pm

i want a super saiyan trunks :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:00 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:To along with a 6" broly :)

I don't expect them to do a broly honestly its just wishful thinking, if there is another wave I could see them doing majin vegeta, ss2 kid gohan , ss3 goku, and king kai with bubbles.

SS2 Gohan is a likely choice....but I would like to see Tien with mini Chiaotzu before anything else. After that, the first 6 inch should definitely be Oozaru Vegeta.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:27 pm

Next wave needs Teen or Adult Gohan, Tien with mini Chiaotzu, Yamcha (lol at the thought), and a 6 inch Oozaru Vegeta.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:00 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:and a 6 inch Oozaru Vegeta.

with 1-eyed Chase!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:01 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

with 1-eyed Chase!

Since missing body parts or open and shut body parts seem to be chase worthy these days why not??? And we'll put the sticker right in front of his eye! lol
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:28 pm

well duh, that's the only way to do a chase these days is to have the sticker obscuring the chase part of the figure :p

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

with 1-eyed Chase!

Since missing body parts or open and shut body parts seem to be chase worthy these days why not??? And we'll put the sticker right in front of his eye! lol

I still say the next Goku variant needs to be in the spirit bomb pose

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:17 pm

foolish though the dream may be i'm hoping we don't see another Goku for at least a wave or 2.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:18 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
with 1-eyed Chase!

Agreed!!! That would be sweet! I'd like too see a fusion dance two-pack honestly. lol I just think the designs would be interesting. Even though my top requests are still Broly or the entire Ginyu Force posed. lol

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:25 pm

Cooler and metallic meta cooler
:beerchug:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:40 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote: the entire Ginyu Force posed. lol

this would be the most amazing set ever created.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:12 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Since missing body parts or open and shut body parts seem to be chase worthy these days why not??? And we'll put the sticker right in front of his eye! lol

Agreed!!! That would be sweet! I'd like too see a fusion dance two-pack honestly. lol I just think the designs would be interesting. Even though my top requests are still Broly or the entire Ginyu Force posed. lol

Funkos first 5 pack....

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:32 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

Funkos first 5 pack....

2nd... Civil war 5 pack. (First good one lol)

emk194

Postby emk194 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:46 pm

There needs to be a full Gohan WAVE. lol and then I'd buy multiples of each just because.

Honestly, we need a teen Gohan from the Cell Games saga and a cool Bojack movie variant (where he's wearing Goku's gi). A girl can dream! :D
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Wrudart wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Agreed!!! That would be sweet! I'd like too see a fusion dance two-pack honestly. lol I just think the designs would be interesting. Even though my top requests are still Broly or the entire Ginyu Force posed. lol

Funkos first 5 pack....

2nd... Civil war 5 pack. (First good one lol)

Technically that's true....but I don't count that 5 pack since it was Europe only. The fact that they were all individually released POPs is a drag too....this 5 pack would be all original molds :D It'll never happen but

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:53 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Next wave needs Teen or Adult Gohan, Tien with mini Chiaotzu, Yamcha (lol at the thought), and a 6 inch Oozaru Vegeta.

God please no adult gohan he was useless and such a waste of potential on the show. After the cell saga he was on his way to becoming stronger than everyone but took a left turn and slacked off. In the new movie he should've been able to one shot frieza's entire army if he was still at his peak but he was having trouble with minions.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:54 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Next wave needs Teen or Adult Gohan, Tien with mini Chiaotzu, Yamcha (lol at the thought), and a 6 inch Oozaru Vegeta.

God please no adult gohan he was useless and such a waste of potential on the show. After the cell saga he was on his way to becoming stronger than everyone but took a left turn and slacked off. In the new movie he should've been able to one shot frieza's entire army if he was still at his peak but he was having trouble with minions.

You raise a point. Need we be reminded of The Great Saiyaman????

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:07 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:

You raise a point. Need we be reminded of The Great Saiyaman????

Seriously, your dad is the greatest fighter in the universe and that's what your superhero costume looks like?

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:07 am

Gohan is the equivalent of a supremely gifted athlete with hall of fame potential and simply didn't want to put in the work to become great! Dude doesn't compare to Goku and Vegeta when it comes to heart or will power.

I think the next DBZ wave should have light armor Vegeta and a 6" Shenglong with dragon balls.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:09 am

Shenron and Porunga (Is that even right?) would be absolutely beautiful. Easily an all time high if it ever happened.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:33 am

I am not opposed to getting a Dragon, but really the first oversized pop needs to be a Great Ape. I don't care if it's Goku, Gohan or Vegeta, but it needs to happen.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:27 am

Since they decided to do kid Gohan, two Dragonball, Krillin....they'll keep the completely random trend going and the next wave will look like this:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:11 am

aside from Stinky guy I would actually love that wave. give me Garlic and Popo over more saiyans any day of the week.

elliotd

Postby elliotd » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:14 am

Popo would be amazing.

Though, VERY unlikely to ever get made. Mainly because of that whole golliwog thing.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:33 am

I never even thought of Popo. I need him.

SoulSnipers53

Postby SoulSnipers53 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:11 am

I can easily imagine Funko making a GITD Popo.
Checkmate.

Wrudart

Postby Wrudart » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:22 am

Vacation Vegeta!! Complete with Hawaiian shirt

I would love to see 'unlocked potential' gohan with z sword and Kai clothes

kikiblanko

Postby kikiblanko » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:04 am

Next DB wave: master roshi, tien & chaozu, lil krillin yellow suit and goku oozaru

DBZ: ssj2 gohan, ssj vegeta (any arc), majin vegeta, mr popo, kaio & bubble, ssj3 goku

DBS: future trunks, whis, champa, vados, black goku, lord zeno & krillin with tacos shirt ;)

... There's too much characters & transformations they can do!

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:54 am

elliotd wrote:Popo would be amazing.

Though, VERY unlikely to ever get made. Mainly because of that whole golliwog thing.

While this is true, there have been an abundance of Jynx (Pokemon) toys and nobody says anything.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:03 pm

There's something right now that can be pre-ordered at Gamestop that shows up as "Super Saiyan". Supposedly it's NOT Resurrection Vegeta, as the SKU is different. And the pre-orders for Resurrection Vegeta may have been yanked already...I didn't pre-order that one yet. May go down to Gamestop and see what this one is about.

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:16 pm

poppetmaster wrote:There's something right now that can be pre-ordered at Gamestop that shows up as "Super Saiyan". Supposedly it's NOT Resurrection Vegeta, as the SKU is different. And the pre-orders for Resurrection Vegeta may have been yanked already...I didn't pre-order that one yet. May go down to Gamestop and see what this one is about.

WHAT? Yes, please do and report back. Here's what my receipt shows when I pre-ordered the Vegeta. Hopefully it is the Resurrection one like it states. [-o<

Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

emk194

Postby emk194 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:26 pm

poppetmaster wrote:There's something right now that can be pre-ordered at Gamestop that shows up as "Super Saiyan". Supposedly it's NOT Resurrection Vegeta, as the SKU is different. And the pre-orders for Resurrection Vegeta may have been yanked already...I didn't pre-order that one yet. May go down to Gamestop and see what this one is about.

GAH! Definitely interested. "Super Saiyan" is just way too generic. I'd be happy if it was a Super Saiyan Gohan or Trunks. Let us know if you find out anything!
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

elliotd

Postby elliotd » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:48 pm

poppetmaster wrote:

While this is true, there have been an abundance of Jynx (Pokemon) toys and nobody says anything.

Thats the thing though. Jynx had to have its colour officially changed to purple when people did complain about it.

It may be that funko would have to take creative risks in creating it. So it would either be - satisfy the fans, and get the backlash of racism - or play it safe and upset the fans.

Or don't take the risk at all & not create it - which is the most likely scenario, unfortunately.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:01 pm

elliotd wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

Thats the thing though. Jynx had to have its colour officially changed to purple when people did complain about it.

It may be that funko would have to take creative risks in creating it. So it would either be - satisfy the fans, and get the backlash of racism - or play it safe and upset the fans.

Or don't take the risk at all & not create it - which is the most likely scenario, unfortunately.

I dont think it will ever even be a consideration....my post was just a joke regarding the characters that would be made.

Return to “Pop!”