Conan Pops Confirmed: Iron Man, Jon Snow, Pennywise, Woody

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sushiguru

Re: Conan Pops Confirmed: Iron Man, Jon Snow, Pennywise, Woody

Postby sushiguru » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:21 am

I got lucky today. I bought a woody for 60

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:57 am

sushiguru wrote:I got lucky today. I bought a woody for 60

Such a good deal! Congrats on the find =D>
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 am

My Jon Snow Conan arrived today and it is marvelous! It may even surpass the Conan White Walker as my new favorite of the bunch.
Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:16 am

FlpnGino wrote:
runtodere wrote:
XSRK wrote:I got all four Conan Pops. This is the first year I can’t believe it.

Did it look like they gave out more this year than in previous years?

They definitely did. The Pennywise alone, they gave it to everyone who attended Scarediego, plus they gave it to others who attended Team Coco House throughout the week. On Thursday, they were giving pops to everyone who attended Cocohouse events, not just the first 50. But they changed it to first 50 later in the week. Seems like Iron Man and Woody may have been more scarce though.

I wonder if they reslly are different runs. That would be interesting

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:16 am

Dang, congrats on the deal. Lowest I've seen it for is around $100. I wanted Woody so bad this year, but ended up getting Jon Snow. I was one of the lucky few that got to see Tom Cruise so that made my day!

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:34 am

w00tw00t wrote:

Dang, congrats on the deal. Lowest I've seen it for is around $100. I wanted Woody so bad this year, but ended up getting Jon Snow. I was one of the lucky few that got to see Tom Cruise so that made my day!

That's a pretty good trade-off. The Tom Cruise show was one of the better ones.

The Carnival Row show seemed really awkward. I cringed during most of the interview.
Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:44 am

Was super fortunate to get off the waitlist for Scare Diego and as grateful as I was to get one of the Pennywise Conans, that show was incredible and the Pop ended up being a bonus!! Cannot wait for the next movie!!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:58 am

Fantastic find! If only I can find a Conan Pennywise one for that price
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:05 pm

strezz_dout wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

That's a pretty good trade-off. The Tom Cruise show was one of the better ones.

The Carnival Row show seemed really awkward. I cringed during most of the interview.

Yeah, in my opinion probably the best one. Been to a few Conans and this one got me super excited. Good list of celebrities besides Cruise. I don't care much about celebrities, but Mr. Cruise does it for me. hehe

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:20 pm

My sister graciously gave me her Conanwise - it really is a super detailed Pop. I wanted to use it to trade for the Jon Snow Conan, but now I'm torn.
IG: CelestialFireKitty

Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
MLP - Pony Power!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

:mal:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:59 pm

these conans look amazing in person. a friend got the entire set...that woody is a1

draemar

Postby draemar » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:10 pm

These conan pops will be CHEAP. There were giving them out left right and centre!
Every show at conan house gave a bunch away which is how i got my conan woody.
ImageImageImage

draemar

Postby draemar » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:38 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:I was at Team CoCo house and they gave away the Woody one. It was awesome.

They did a Conan trivia for more pops, when people won the comedian on stage ripped the pop out of the box and tossed it to the winner

I was there, that was awesome! I think you could have heard a pin drop when he ripped it out of the box!
ImageImageImage

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:52 pm

draemar wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:I was at Team CoCo house and they gave away the Woody one. It was awesome.

They did a Conan trivia for more pops, when people won the comedian on stage ripped the pop out of the box and tossed it to the winner

I was there, that was awesome! I think you could have heard a pin drop when he ripped it out of the box!

ripped it out of the box? dang haha i still would have taken it =) would have taken it out of the box either way, but always nice to have the box intact. I love hearing these type of stories. too many events going on, so can't see/hear about them all.
Last edited by w00tw00t on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:55 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
draemar wrote:

ripped it out of the box? dang haha i still would have taken it =) would have taken it out of the box either way, but always nice to have the box intact.

Yeah, the audience member won and the guy said "let me help you get that out of the box" then he tore the box to shreds and tossed the pop to the guy. His comedy partner said "have another" then took out another one and stomped the box, picked up the pop and tossed it to the guy. Then they said "for the collectors" and threw the tattered boxes into the crowd. I have to admit, it was actually pretty funny.
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:00 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
draemar wrote:

ripped it out of the box? dang haha i still would have taken it =) would have taken it out of the box either way, but always nice to have the box intact.

Yeah, the audience member won and the guy said "let me help you get that out of the box" then he tore the box to shreds and tossed the pop to the guy. His comedy partner said "have another" then took out another one and stomped the box, picked up the pop and tossed it to the guy. Then they said "for the collectors" and threw the tattered boxes into the crowd. I have to admit, it was actually pretty funny.

lol oh my god haha. i guess during con week anything goes =). were the comedians any good that day? I hear some are pretty bad.

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:09 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

lol oh my god haha. i guess during con week anything goes =). were the comedians any good that day? I hear some are pretty bad.

Yes, sadly, I went to a few of the cocohouse events and they weren't very good. Also, the food kind of sucked.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:18 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

Yes, sadly, I went to a few of the cocohouse events and they weren't very good. Also, the food kind of sucked.

ouch. I remember hearing about coco house last year (2018) and was told the comedians were either bad or ok. I couldn't sit through one of those for the life of me. I would cringe so hard. Even if they gave out conan pops I still think i wouldn't be able to sit through an act.

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:37 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

ouch. I remember hearing about coco house last year (2018) and was told the comedians were either bad or ok. I couldn't sit through one of those for the life of me. I would cringe so hard. Even if they gave out conan pops I still think i wouldn't be able to sit through an act.

Some of the shows, they gave the pop out as you walked in and it was funny to see people leave shortly after. Some of the shows, they gave it out at the end and forced you to stay the entire time. lol

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:39 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:

Some of the shows, they gave the pop out as you walked in and it was funny to see people leave shortly after. Some of the shows, they gave it out at the end and forced you to stay the entire time. lol

Yeah, out of respect I think people should have stayed all the way till the end. I also heard Conan showed up one of the days. I made a joke to a friend he popped up to fix the situation because not enough people were laughing. Maybe next year I'll attend one of the days just to see what it's all about. still bit scared if they all bomb their acts.

neonglow

Postby neonglow » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:17 pm

I managed to get Pennywise and Woody Conan but I used them to trade for other SDCC exclusives.

Mr_Conejo

Postby Mr_Conejo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:18 pm

We weren't able to attend or obtain any conan pops during sdcc.
This is the beginning to a beautiful community friendship.
Hello my name is Juan
Fun Klub member #14088

SDCC 15,16,17,18,19,22,23
Fundays 15,16,17,18,19,22,23

Let's be friends in Pokémon GO! My Trainer Code is 140156287448

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:31 am

I won Jon snow from tv code.
ImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:39 am

Super excited that I was able to snag Conan Pennywise and Jon Snow at COCO HOUSE on Saturday. Wish I would have gotten Iron Man but hey... I am grateful to have the 2 that I have!
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:44 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:I won Jon snow from tv code.

Congrats! I didnt see many winners this year online!

spidex

Postby spidex » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:47 am

Gosh.. the line for Conan is totally INSANE!
It was my 1st visit to SD n it’s definitely a real eye opener!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wHy mE woRRy? :spiderman:
IG: www.instagram.com/spidexy

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:15 am

w00tw00t wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

It was..... a free comedy show.
Moses Storm was pretty funny, the rest were ok.
Beer was expensive

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:32 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:

Beer was expensive

How was the wait? Did you have to line up hours before the show or was it just an hour or so wait?

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:45 am

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:I won Jon snow from tv code.

Congrats! Do you know how long it takes to ship?
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:08 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Beer was expensive

How was the wait? Did you have to line up hours before the show or was it just an hour or so wait?

At least 2 hours before each show. :-/

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:

Beer was expensive

lol. well said. I'm so mad that I missed the first AT&T power hour. If you had AT&T, they gave you the complete set of Conan Pops. I went to the second day's power hour and they only gave you 1 pop for having AT&T.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:18 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

Beer was expensive

lol. well said. I'm so mad that I missed the first AT&T power hour. If you had AT&T, they gave you the complete set of Conan Pops. I went to the second day's power hour and they only gave you 1 pop for having AT&T.

Sorry if this was answered before, but what was AT&T power hour?
ImageImageImage

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:23 pm

Curious did anyone do Midnight at Coco's? Heard they just turned it into a club at that point so wasn't sure if they gave out out Pops or not during it.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:30 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
Beer was expensive

At least 2 hours before each show. :-/

yikes. I guess con line strikes at everything during those days. Thanks for the info.

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:33 pm

islander671 wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
Beer was expensive

I overheard it was some hush hush event or something and if you showed them you had service with At&T they would give you a full set of conan pops. A few friends heard about it and wanted to try to do it the next day, but never did. Getting one pop still better then no pops.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:33 pm

I was lucky enough to attend ScareDiego and get a Conan Pennywise. The show was awesome and I’m super stoked to see the movie now. I was also super lucky that another Funatic (theHueys) hooked me up with a Conan Jon Snow - thank you again!!!!!!!! Those were the only 2 I wanted so overall I am happy with my Conan experiences this year!

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:35 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
islander671 wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:

I overheard it was some hush hush event or something and if you showed them you had service with At&T they would give you a full set of conan pops. A few friends heard about it and wanted to try to do it the next day, but never did. Getting one pop still better then no pops.

We showed up maybe 10 minutes before the doors opened and got in fine, they gave us a pop. Then the standby line got in and they all got pops, no problem. I heard people in line talking about a power hour event, but there was nothing like that at the show I went to

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:35 pm

w00tw00t wrote:
islander671 wrote:
FlpnGino wrote:

Thanks for this info w00tw00t! Would you happen to know if this occurred at CocoHouse? or at another location?
ImageImageImage

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:46 pm

islander671 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Thanks for this info w00tw00t! Would you happen to know if this occurred at CocoHouse? or at another location?

I wouldn't say it was hush hush. lol It was on the schedule. It was basically a happy hour with free food and drinks at the cocohouse that was sponsored by AT&T. On Thursday, if you went and showed them that your phone had AT&T service, they gave you the complete set of Conan pops. On Friday, if you went and showed them you had AT&T service, they gave you Pennywise. The first 50 also got Jon Snow at the door. It was free to attend and you didn't need a ticket.

It was different because all the other events required a ticket and only after all ticketed guests got in they started allowing standby. On Thursday it wasn't an issue because everyone who got in got pops. On Friday, they went back to first 50 guests got pops, so people had to line up early.

FlpnGino

Postby FlpnGino » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:48 pm

FlpnGino wrote:
islander671 wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:

I wouldn't say it was hush hush. lol It was on the schedule. It was basically a happy hour with free food and drinks at the cocohouse that was sponsored by AT&T. On Thursday, if you went and showed them that your phone had AT&T service, they gave you the complete set of Conan pops. On Friday, if you went and showed them you had AT&T service, they gave you Pennywise. The first 50 also got Jon Snow at the door. It was free to attend and you didn't need a ticket.

It was different because all the other events required a ticket and only after all ticketed guests got in they started allowing standby. On Thursday it wasn't an issue because everyone who got in got pops. On Friday, they went back to first 50 guests got pops, so people had to line up early.

I believe it was at 3:30 on Thursday and 6:00 on Friday. There was a power hour on Saturday, too, but I heard conflicting stories about whether they would be giving pops away at that one. I was at Hall H all day anyway.

Return to “Pop!”