Twinkie POPS

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
runtodere

Re: Twinkie POPS

Postby runtodere » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:42 pm

ryzg401 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
ryzg401 wrote:Too funny... yup, good memories.

Mmmmmm This is all making me hungry

Resist the urge to buy a box of Twinkies like I did!! :)

I.....AM.......TRYING!!!!!

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:52 pm

Wonder when these will go live online. Might be my only chance of possibly getting a chase
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

philipali

Postby philipali » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:Wonder when these will go live online. Might be my only chance of possibly getting a chase

agree! unless you are the type that wakes up early and risk it at a target store
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:58 pm

philipali wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Wonder when these will go live online. Might be my only chance of possibly getting a chase

agree! unless you are the type that wakes up early and risk it at a target store

I hope sooner rather than later because I struck out at my local target. I would love the chance at the chase, but at this point the common would be just fine

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 pm

philipali wrote:

I've done it but it's pretty savage here. Alot of people out looking to flip.
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:49 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
philipali wrote:

I hope sooner rather than later because I struck out at my local target. I would love the chance at the chase, but at this point the common would be just fine

Yeah locally its rough here too. I got the normal gitd but not the chase guy ran for it lol. Went up for sale later that day
Hi Im Ricky

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:19 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Yeah locally its rough here too. I got the normal gitd but not the chase guy ran for it lol. Went up for sale later that day

They just started a new policy at Target that they explained to us today that this is supposed to be nationwide. They will come out before opening and hand out slips to the people waiting in order they got there. When they open you have 15 minutes to turn your ticket in and collect your one pop. After 15 minutes it is a free for all. If they are still unloading they will still hand out slips and when they find them you will have 15 minutes to pay for them. We will see how this policy is enforced. Showed up 5 minutes before they opened and ended up 3rd in line. Got a common twinkie but will have to try again for a chase.

ryzg401

Postby ryzg401 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:46 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

They just started a new policy at Target that they explained to us today that this is supposed to be nationwide. They will come out before opening and hand out slips to the people waiting in order they got there. When they open you have 15 minutes to turn your ticket in and collect your one pop. After 15 minutes it is a free for all. If they are still unloading they will still hand out slips and when they find them you will have 15 minutes to pay for them. We will see how this policy is enforced. Showed up 5 minutes before they opened and ended up 3rd in line. Got a common twinkie but will have to try again for a chase.

Thanks for the headsup...

yanban

Postby yanban » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:19 am

geoffdude wrote:
ryzg401 wrote:You might be right... don't Twinkies have a shelf life of like 100 years!! :)

That's only for the Funko Ad Icons Pops.

Actual Hostess Twinkies last for at least a millennium (1000 years) .. I saw it on Family Guy so it must be so.

Of course!

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:35 am

I’m reorganizing my icons pops and looking at the Twinkie has me scared haha with there being 4 total variants. Oh well. Gonna have to have them no matter what!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 am

Man I really want the chase glow in the dark I have the regular glow in the dark Target exclusive but I really want the chase...... I have never bought a chase from a store :freddy3:

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:32 am

Online would be good hopefully soon. Went to 5 targets yesterday and all the chases were gone already :(

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:20 am

I really like this but I don't know if I want to go down the Ad Icons path!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:45 am

The GITD versions look awesome. Good luck to everyone trying to hunt these down, especially that chase.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Bones Of Giants

Postby Bones Of Giants » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:53 am

Finally got a Target exclusive GitD Twinkie this morning on the east coast!!

My friend was there at 5:30 in the morning to beat flippers. Thankfully it was only me (showed up 10 min before open) , him and another collector.

But some shady dealings. We walked up and a Twinkie was already on display. When we asked about the chase the guy pulled out another 4 and said they only got the one box w/ those 5. My buddy was persistent and had another employee check. Lo and behold, hidden deep in the back behind all the other pops (and boxes of candy?) was the chase.

His wife had worse luck. She went to a different local Target to maximize chances. A guy went nuts, grabbed the chase from her hand, ripped the box, spit on the pop and marked it with a sharpie. Security finally tackled him down but that stuff is crazy. (And if she had gotten it that chase was actually going to be mine, as me and my friends help each other out like that.)

Kinda happy I got the regular but it really makes me second guess this hobby sometimes...

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:37 am

Bones Of Giants wrote:Finally got a Target exclusive GitD Twinkie this morning on the east coast!!

My friend was there at 5:30 in the morning to beat flippers. Thankfully it was only me (showed up 10 min before open) , him and another collector.

But some shady dealings. We walked up and a Twinkie was already on display. When we asked about the chase the guy pulled out another 4 and said they only got the one box w/ those 5. My buddy was persistent and had another employee check. Lo and behold, hidden deep in the back behind all the other pops (and boxes of candy?) was the chase.

His wife had worse luck. She went to a different local Target to maximize chances. A guy went nuts, grabbed the chase from her hand, ripped the box, spit on the pop and marked it with a sharpie. Security finally tackled him down but that stuff is crazy. (And if she had gotten it that chase was actually going to be mine, as me and my friends help each other out like that.)

Kinda happy I got the regular but it really makes me second guess this hobby sometimes...

A target near me said they only got 5 when I was there a couple weeks ago. Such garbage. I was not first in line so I did not have the energy to argue, but it is really lame when they take the chase out of a box. That's crazy about people fighting. Thankfully people at Targets in my area are fairly civil.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImageImage

ryzg401

Postby ryzg401 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:56 am

Bones Of Giants wrote:Finally got a Target exclusive GitD Twinkie this morning on the east coast!!

That's crazy abt the experience your wife had. Glad no one got hurt.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
philipali wrote:

agree! but who knows.. you'll never know what you are going to get with Target
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Antman

Postby Antman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Some Targets near me got a re-stock (my first time seeing them though) and picked up the regular GITD. Two other people in front of me at 9:50am when the box was opened before me. The Chase went to the first person. This was in Melrose Park, IL.

Drove 15 min to Rosemont, IL and checked their new stock. Twinkie's on the shelf already (shocked to actually see that), but only saw a total of 5. Thinking that the Chase was gone, I decided to check anyways and 3rd one back in the row was the Chase. I tried to not look too excited. Gotta act professional.

Glad I went out to the store. Hunts rarely go that well.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Antman wrote:Some Targets near me got a re-stock (my first time seeing them though) and picked up the regular GITD. Two other people in front of me at 9:50am when the box was opened before me. The Chase went to the first person. This was in Melrose Park, IL.

Drove 15 min to Rosemont, IL and checked their new stock. Twinkie's on the shelf already (shocked to actually see that), but only saw a total of 5. Thinking that the Chase was gone, I decided to check anyways and 3rd one back in the row was the Chase. I tried to not look too excited. Gotta act professional.

Congrats on finding that Chase so easily. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

ryzg401

Postby ryzg401 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:47 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Antman wrote:Some Targets near me got a re-stock (my first time seeing them though) and picked up the regular GITD. Two other people in front of me at 9:50am when the box was opened before me. The Chase went to the first person. This was in Melrose Park, IL.

Nice!! Always a great feeling...

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Well that's a total bummer. I'm glad you were able to get the regular exclusive though. I've seen pics and the glow looks like it's pretty awesome

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:05 pm

ryzg401 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Nice!! Always a great feeling...

Wow...that's awesome, Congratulations! :)

Antman

Postby Antman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks everyone. Being that I wasn't at the store at opening, I only hoped to find the regular GITD. Every so often, the sun shines down on me in this hobby.

Now I don't have to monitor the Target website anymore.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:28 pm

philipali wrote:

Yeah gotta hand it some of the people. The time spent and ungodly hours that they start queueing for some of these Target releases!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:09 pm

LakerSpartan117 wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:Put this in another thread. Target by me will not put the Twinkie pops out until Sunday the 26th

Yeah that's the Set Date for all the Ad Icons, and I know one store "near" me that has been stockpiling their stock for that date.

Today I woke up at 4:15am and left my house at 5am hoping to beat out anybody at the stores to get a Twinkie Chase, and at all 3 of the stores I went to they all had someone already waiting in front of the store (but only one of them a known-flipper). Sucks but it looks like I may have to wait for the online release for a chance at the chase.

Unfortunately I was out of town that day they put them out. From what I heard it was a mess though
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:10 pm

codytranum wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:Put this in another thread. Target by me will not put the Twinkie pops out until Sunday the 26th

It bothers me how Target has no uniform policy for distributing new limited releases. Sometimes they'll put them out in the morning at open, sometimes randomly in the middle of the day, and sometimes on the actual release date, and even if an employee tells you how their store plans to do it don't expect that to always end up being the case.

Unfortunately it's gonna be naturally difficult for Target to manage it because they have a number of different people handling electronics and the stock room every single day and I get that. But nevertheless, I really wish they had at least some uniformity from store to store.

Yeah it’s difficult when there are multiple people working and all tell you different things or do different things. You’ll never know when to actually check
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Have they dropped on Target online?

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:49 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Not surprising given that it's a quick 100+ sale after. Can imagine the look on your face watching him bolt. i know I always find it amusing.

ImageImageImageImage

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:58 pm

pberickp wrote:

A target near me said they only got 5 when I was there a couple weeks ago. Such garbage. I was not first in line so I did not have the energy to argue, but it is really lame when they take the chase out of a box. That's crazy about people fighting. Thankfully people at Targets in my area are fairly civil.

Unbelievable. This hurts

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:56 pm

XSRK wrote:Have they dropped on Target online?

No, not yet unfortunately.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:33 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

Not surprising given that it's a quick 100+ sale after. Can imagine the look on your face watching him bolt. i know I always find it amusing.

Yeah it's actually funny what some of them are willing to do. We've had people try to pull it out of peoples hands lol
Hi Im Ricky

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:05 pm

I'm going through serious FOMO. I regret not lining up sort of. The sleep was beautiful but I want this. Hoping online happens sooner rather than later. <3

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Yeah locally its rough here too. I got the normal gitd but not the chase guy ran for it lol. Went up for sale later that day

Yeah it's actually funny what some of them are willing to do. We've had people try to pull it out of peoples hands lol

I'm assuming you work at Target Rick? Curious under what circumstances you'd try to pull them out of people's hands. Cannot imagine the escalation in a scene like that :D

ImageImageImageImage

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Yeah locally its rough here too. I got the normal gitd but not the chase guy ran for it lol. Went up for sale later that day

Wow...well, that's just super sad and depressing to hear :(

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:28 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Wow...well, that's just super sad and depressing to hear :(

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:54 pm

No they have not dropped online - Anybody got a idea on when they may drop on Target's website?
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks to my brother and his girl they hooked me up with the target exclusive twinkie the kid.

Ajc619

Postby Ajc619 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:15 pm

I finally got lucky this morning and got my chase Twinkie. The Target I went to had 12 total in stock with two chases and I was first in line. The only thing that made me nervous was the possibility of hearing them say they can’t find the boxes.

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:32 pm

No not yet. I am eagerly anticipating the drop.

Return to “Pop!”