pops added to vault today

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TheBatmanGuy

Re: pops added to vault today

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Umm, yeah, I really hope the Eleven POP is an error. I get things happen with licenses and such, but Funko clearly still has the Stranger Things license, as evidenced by all the future lines. And it can't be because of sales, because how would they know when the POP hasn't even been out a month. According to their blog, they advertised Stranger Things Wave 3 as "Available Now!" on Oct. 27th, 2017.

It hasn't even been a month, and this POP is getting vaulted. I hope someone can explain if this is an error or give some reason, cause it's pretty crazy otherwise.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm

Really surprised that the new Eleven POP! is listed...if it's true then that may be the quickest to ever get vaulted.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Ganjahismana

Postby Ganjahismana » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm

I heard the tinker bell was un vaulted to make the diamond collection one

cghantous88

Postby cghantous88 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Legion Of Boom wrote:Really surprised that the new Eleven POP! is listed...if it's true then that may be the quickest to ever get vaulted.

Yeah that's really weird..doesn't make sense

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

Eleven already? That's crazy talk right there....man, hope that isnt true...maybe a licensing thing where studio didnt like it when it came out....I dunno
2018 JV Fundays custom winner
IG: Dustybutt_designs

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:19 am

yeah like other people have said, the Eleven getting vaulted this quickly is really surprising, and frankly a little sad in my opinion.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 am

Guess I better get off my butt and pick up my Eleven.

Ganjahismana

Postby Ganjahismana » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:46 am

I was told the tinker bell was unvaulted ?

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 am

There are so many eleven variants that it doesn't bother me that they're vaulting one. (Don't know if it's a mistake or not though) lots of commons end up sitting on shelves for awhile. Early vaulting could be a way to increase sales.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 am

that eleven has got to be a mistake
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:Really surprised that the new Eleven POP! is listed...if it's true then that may be the quickest to ever get vaulted.

Very quick. I usually wait to acquire the commons on good sales etc... better get off my butt I guess.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:03 am

Don't they ever vault anything besides the junky Pops that 99% of people don't care about? It seems like the only cool Pops that are noteworthy that are vaulted are the really early ones like Pinocchio, Two-Face, Skeletor, Leonidas, Rocky Balboa, etc. Now it's just crap like "The 100" or "Dark Tower".
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

acciofunko

Postby acciofunko » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:14 am

Dang! I guess I need to pick up Eleven now..
That was crazy fast. lol

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:50 pm

mikechickenhead wrote:that eleven has got to be a mistake

I'm pretty sure it's an error.

When an item gets vaulted the item number is usually followed by vaulted, no? Eleven says item# 21784.
I'm Abe

Stu

Postby Stu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Wasn't the Pop Vault an April Fools joke? Why would it be vaulted if it was just a joke. Makes me wonder if any of those other ones are legit (I haven't bothered to look them up).

Edit: I checked, the other vaulted Pops are there.
My name is Aaron...Many call me Stu...it is a long story.

ISO: Skeletor and Panthor Dorbz ride.

navpop23

Postby navpop23 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Regardless if it's an error or not, I need to find an Eleven before people go crazy lol

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Honestly Funko should just take a look at all the clearance Pops or the lines still sitting on shelves collecting dust, and vault those first. I get the feeling it's gonna come down to either donating to charity or to the trash, and B&N already does donates clearance items (yes including Funkys) to charities iirc.

TheBatmanGuy

Postby TheBatmanGuy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Ok, so I know someone that contacted Funko's customer service, and it appears this Eleven being vaulted wasn't an error. Now, if Funko comes out and says otherwise then I will gladly say I'm wrong. I want that to be the case. I would love nothing more than for this to be an error.

Jade-Rex wrote:There are so many eleven variants that it doesn't bother me that they're vaulting one. (Don't know if it's a mistake or not though) lots of commons end up sitting on shelves for a while. Early vaulting could be a way to increase sales.

This is where I respectfully disagree. I hate the idea of this, and the possible precedent it could set for the future. I don't mind Funko vaulting things early that don't sell well. After all, there's no sense in making more of something that people aren't buying. How in the world, though, are you able to tell after less than a month? (And Funko Blog is the best source we have for release dates.) Even if it's a popular character from a popular series it may not sell well and definitely, Funko shouldn't feel that POP isn't immune to being vaulted early. Variant fatigue is a very real thing for collectors (and a whole other issue). However, even if it isn't going gangbusters in the first two weeks, I feel it's reasonable to want Funko to give those interested in the product a decent timeframe in which they can actually get the product.

Some will say that "Well you can get one now on Amazon for the usual price." What if someone can't afford it right now? When POP's get vaulted, it's true they don't always get bought up by flippers and have their price increase dramatically. But sometimes they do, and is it so bad to want Funko to give us a month or two to buy an item? This isn't a Con-Exclusive POP, this is just a common.

Whats more is I hate the precedent this sets going forward. How soon will Funko vault other POPs in the future?

Jade-Rex wrote:There are so many eleven variants that it doesn't bother me that they're vaulting one. (Don't know if it's a mistake or not though) lots of commons end up sitting on shelves for a while. Early vaulting could be a way to increase sales.

And that is what I am worried about. Will Funko overuse vaulting to create a false sense of rarity? If you think that I'm overthinking things, just read some of the comments above of people saying they better hurry to go get the POP just in case. And I don't blame them, as I've thought the same thing. Will Funko vault something if someone like Hot Topic or Barnes & Noble call up and say, "Hey, this product isn't moving, and we need the shelf space for this new exclusive,"? (Coincidentally, Hot Topic has a new Eleven exclusive coming out soon.)

I do worry about Funko creating that false sense of rarity, in part because we don't always hear the reasons why these POPs get vaulted. If you're having licensing issues, then obviously it makes sense to vault (though, with all the Stranger Things stuff coming out that clearly isn't the issue in this case). Or if it's been a few months and the series just isn't moving, again it makes sense. But what is the determination now on how long we have a chance to get something before it goes to the vault? This kind of stuff only encourages flipping, imo.

EmilyMarshall

Postby EmilyMarshall » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:59 pm

lcarus83 wrote:Don't they ever vault anything besides the junky Pops that 99% of people don't care about? It seems like the only cool Pops that are noteworthy that are vaulted are the really early ones like Pinocchio, Two-Face, Skeletor, Leonidas, Rocky Balboa, etc. Now it's just crap like "The 100" or "Dark Tower".

slightly offended given The 100 is my favourite tv show ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Current Pop Count: 218 (2 on the way!)
First Pop: FBI Dean Winchester
200th Pop: Harry in Christmas Jumper
Most Recent Pop: Eleven (season 2)
Current DorbZ count: 1 (Black Widow)

Image Image Image

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:17 pm

lcarus83 wrote:Don't they ever vault anything besides the junky Pops that 99% of people don't care about? It seems like the only cool Pops that are noteworthy that are vaulted are the really early ones like Pinocchio, Two-Face, Skeletor, Leonidas, Rocky Balboa, etc. Now it's just crap like "The 100" or "Dark Tower".

No, they don't. The only things that ever get vaulted are things that just don't sell and nobody wants. Vaulted Pops are just discontinued models.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 pm

damn that was fast.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:54 pm

how can it be confirmed that it was an error or not. anyway what makes most of you want to buy it now just because its vaulted...or did you really have it in plans to eventually pick it up.
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm

I see people on FB groups rushing to their local stores and buying up every Eleven pop now. lol
Zach or Fisch

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:54 pm

FunkoFresh253 wrote:how can it be confirmed that it was an error or not. anyway what makes most of you want to buy it now just because its vaulted...or did you really have it in plans to eventually pick it up.

Stranger Things is a line I do collect so I was planning on getting it anyways, but like someone already mentioned here already, I too don't rush to buy any 'regular' release POP!. I usually wait for sales or coupons. Now that this may be vaulted, I'll need to get one for my collection before shelves run dry.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm really disappointed.. I hope it's a mistake and it won't happen again because it's annoying and unfair. Now I have to order one on PC very soon or I couldn't afford to buy one when they'll arrive here.. It's not really honnest to do that on a regular Pop. That's the particularity of exclusives..
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Actually... it was an error after all. https://funko.com/collections/pop/produ ... ngs-eleven

I don't feel bad for the people who bought her at an inflated price within the last day or so lol

Alumencia

Postby Alumencia » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:17 am

GoldenYellowPup wrote:Actually... it was an error after all. https://funko.com/collections/pop/produ ... ngs-eleven

I don't feel bad for the people who bought her at an inflated price within the last day or so lol

I ordered this from Hot Topic about 2 days before it was "vaulted". If it had been real, I would have been one of the lucky ones who didn't have to scramble for it after the fact.

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 am

Cephus wrote:

No, they don't. The only things that ever get vaulted are things that just don't sell and nobody wants. Vaulted Pops are just discontinued models.

Yeah and the early ones they vaulted long ago are ones that you'd think most people would want. Whether they were rare or not. Like Genie from Aladdin, Sorceror Mickey, and Red Skull in the Marvel line for a few examples. Makes no sense to me but whatever.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:18 am

Legion Of Boom wrote:
FunkoFresh253 wrote:how can it be confirmed that it was an error or not. anyway what makes most of you want to buy it now just because its vaulted...or did you really have it in plans to eventually pick it up.

Stranger Things is a line I do collect so I was planning on getting it anyways, but like someone already mentioned here already, I too don't rush to buy any 'regular' release POP!. I usually wait for sales or coupons. Now that this may be vaulted, I'll need to get one for my collection before shelves run dry.

im glad to hear the explanation. not that i hear its not vaulted, you can continue to wait for them sales. maybe some deal for black friday
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!

CarolDixon

Postby CarolDixon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:19 am

Wow. Eleven’s vaulter already?!?

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:55 am

More vaults please funko. Need to concentrate on getting those Married with Children pops released.

GoldenYellowPup

Postby GoldenYellowPup » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Oh wow, a bunch were vaulted very recently. Might have to pick up a siamese cat then.

Platinum Hits

Postby Platinum Hits » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:28 pm

Hey it's been a month everyone's had a fair chance to obtain this pop if you were that interested in it before the vault hype you would of already been and got it. That's the way I see it personally you'll see more moan because they didn't bother when they had the chance to order it because now it's vaulted, now that is funny.

Curious to know why it was vaulted though

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Pretty much. I have 95% of the things that I want off of the vaulted list and the only things I don't are things that I decided I wanted after they came out and I haven't gotten around to getting them. Of course, that's why they get vaulted in the first place, nobody really wants to buy them. Being vaulted isn't a reward, it's a punishment for being unpopular.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:56 pm

wow evne more got vaulted.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:27 pm

I am surprised Sawyer and Kate got vaulted...same for Quake from agents of shield

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:45 pm

I'm surprised it took this long for the dark knight batman to get vaulted
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm

MiniDeadpool wrote:I am surprised Sawyer and Kate got vaulted...same for Quake from agents of shield

though LOST characters are literally my favorite pops, I know they didn't do too well...there go my hopes of a Faraday pop.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Just reviewing the pics and saw that Yakko was vaulted but not the other animaniacs...they were definitely an instabuy for me.
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Tynett wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:I am surprised Sawyer and Kate got vaulted...same for Quake from agents of shield

though LOST characters are literally my favorite pops, I know they didn't do too well...there go my hopes of a Faraday pop.

It really is a shame, looks like we might not get a wave 2. :( I do enjoy my Locke, though.

Return to “Pop!”