Harry Potter Wave 3

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
JohnnyPOP

Re: Harry Potter Wave 3

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:34 pm

I have a lot from this series I need to get too, but I was hoping they were going to be on clearance so I could grab them all lol But we've got so many HP/FB Pops still. I'm surprised they're not on clearance.

Whitetiger217

Postby Whitetiger217 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:I have a lot from this series I need to get too, but I was hoping they were going to be on clearance so I could grab them all lol But we've got so many HP/FB Pops still. I'm surprised they're not on clearance.

Check Target!! Most of their pops are on clearance if they aren't new. Picked up Star Wars and Fantastic Beasts.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:44 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Katers wrote:

HPLove wrote:

Sorry to say it looks like they changed the spring clearance. None of the HP stuff that was there earlier in the year is up for clearance now. :( I'll keep an eye out in case it gets added later but it doesn't look like there's any Funko products OR Harry Potter on the clearance tables.

Well rats! Guess it's not currently meant to be. Thanks for keeping an eye on the clearance offerings. And just because they're not there yet doesn't mean they won't show up at some point!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Whitetiger217 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:I have a lot from this series I need to get too, but I was hoping they were going to be on clearance so I could grab them all lol But we've got so many HP/FB Pops still. I'm surprised they're not on clearance.

Check Target!! Most of their pops are on clearance if they aren't new. Picked up Star Wars and Fantastic Beasts.

Excellent to know, and well worth a trip to Target!
Image ImageImage Image

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:15 am

I honestly don't know what to do about my Harry Potter pop collection right now. I am complete except for the FYE Lucius Malfoy. My pronlem is....do I need or even want 3 different Lucius Malfoy Pops? Do I really want the Umbridge? I am so conflicted. Part of me really wants to be complete, but part of me I just wondering if I will be forever irritated be seeing an Umbridge and 3 Lucius'. They just need to release a new series to take my mid off these tough decisions lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:30 am

synergy56 wrote:I honestly don't know what to do about my Harry Potter pop collection right now. I am complete except for the FYE Lucius Malfoy. My pronlem is....do I need or even want 3 different Lucius Malfoy Pops? Do I really want the Umbridge? I am so conflicted. Part of me really wants to be complete, but part of me I just wondering if I will be forever irritated be seeing an Umbridge and 3 Lucius'. They just need to release a new series to take my mid off these tough decisions lol

I totally understand your line of thinking. I typically don't get a ton of variants of ANY character, but with the HP line, it's already big and knowing it will get bigger, I just don't see the need or have the space to collect all of them. I originally was going to get 2 of Bellatrix and 2 of Lucious, but now I think I'm just sticking to the ones I have, well at least for him. As for Umbridge...just get her and put her in the back, or hide her a bit, or leave her in the box and put her away, lol. If they ever make a centaur you can have it look like it's dragging her away, haha.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Ok I'm pumped about more HP but......HOLY CRAP MORE LION KING! :D lol
Higher, Further, Faster

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Ginny and Luna with lion head hat?! These need to come out like yesterday.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:14 pm

What is this from? Which version of Carrie is this??? But omg yes, more beautiful HP Pops!!!

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I just started getting HP Pops for my daughter (31 so far), but I wasn't expecting more. Her shelf isn't big enough!

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Finally a Ginny, I like that we are getting Ron with Scabbers and a Peter Pettigrew at the same time
- tauntaunking on instagram

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:32 pm

LUPIN!!!! My Sirius is getting very lonely without his buddy Remus Lupin!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:05 pm

I hope a Quidditch Ginny and Ron end up being exclusives somewhere.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:33 pm

All of those are total must buys for me. Expect maybe Pettigrew. Do I really want that rat-faced traitor in my collection? It seems like there is always one in every wave lately that I have to ponder. Been wanting that Luna with Lion head for what seems like forever!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Sonmi451

Postby Sonmi451 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm so excited for Lupin! He and Tonks are the only characters I'm still clamoring for.
Truth is singular. Its versions are mistruths.

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 am

synergy56 wrote:I honestly don't know what to do about my Harry Potter pop collection right now. I am complete except for the FYE Lucius Malfoy. My pronlem is....do I need or even want 3 different Lucius Malfoy Pops? Do I really want the Umbridge? I am so conflicted. Part of me really wants to be complete, but part of me I just wondering if I will be forever irritated be seeing an Umbridge and 3 Lucius'. They just need to release a new series to take my mid off these tough decisions lol

I really didn't want ANY of the villains in my house cluttering it up with their bad karma! But I also know that it will drive me nuts not to have a complete set. Any time I see those #s on the boxes, I know that they're all there and the OCD side of me is happy.

But I also don't want them to take over the house. So depending on how many they give us, I may have to rethink this! I have no desire to be buried alive in an earthquake by all my pop boxes!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 am

felixfelicis wrote:Ginny and Luna with lion head hat?! These need to come out like yesterday.

I have been waiting for that Luna with lion head hat FOREVER! Take my money!!
:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 am

sleepywan wrote:I just started getting HP Pops for my daughter (31 so far), but I wasn't expecting more. Her shelf isn't big enough!

LOL, at the rate they're going, my HOUSE isn't big enough!
Image ImageImage Image

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:18 am

Katers wrote:I really didn't want ANY of the villains in my house cluttering it up with their bad karma! But I also know that it will drive me nuts not to have a complete set. Any time I see those #s on the boxes, I know that they're all there and the OCD side of me is happy.

But I also don't want them to take over the house. So depending on how many they give us, I may have to rethink this! I have no desire to be buried alive in an earthquake by all my pop boxes!

See, this is why I like being out of box. Take up less room and you don't have to see those pesky numbers on the boxes lol I don't think they're going to be stopping with the Harry Potter pops anytime soon, so some decisions must inevitably be made....unless you want them to take over your house...which I guess isn't really a bad thing :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:31 am

synergy56 wrote:
Katers wrote:I really didn't want ANY of the villains in my house cluttering it up with their bad karma! But I also know that it will drive me nuts not to have a complete set. Any time I see those #s on the boxes, I know that they're all there and the OCD side of me is happy.

See, this is why I like being out of box. Take up less room and you don't have to see those pesky numbers on the boxes lol I don't think they're going to be stopping with the Harry Potter pops anytime soon, so some decisions must inevitably be made....unless you want them to take over your house...which I guess isn't really a bad thing :)

Well, I mean, there are worse ways to go!

Seriously though - the real problem is that I wasn't planning on being a Pop collector, so as I kept buying them, I just stacked them in the dining room. And now they're kind of taking over the room. So I really just need to figure out where they're going officially, and get that area ready for them. And then I can buy more.

No, that wasn't me justifying it in my head. What are you talking about?!
Image ImageImage Image

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:40 am

Katers wrote:No, that wasn't me justifying it in my head. What are you talking about?!

Of course not!! I would NEVER think such a thing! :roflmao:
Also, fair warning: whatever space you find to house your collection....it will be filled beyond capacity WAY sooer than you expect. I plan on keeping a fixed location and rotating collections through it. It's the only way I can keep them from taking over the entire house!
Hi, I'm Merri!

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:57 am

Luna with the Lion hat is cool. But I'm really hoping we get one like the rock candy version. Is a third version pushing it?

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:54 am

ruxy_100 wrote:Luna with the Lion hat is cool. But I'm really hoping we get one like the rock candy version. Is a third version pushing it?

A third version of Luna Lovegood is never pushing it! I also love her Rock Candy, it might be the first one I ever buy tbh!
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

felixfelicis wrote:Ginny and Luna with lion head hat?! These need to come out like yesterday.

These two exactly. I am really hopping for Ginny before the end of June so I can get her signed
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:48 am

synergy56 wrote:

I keep all my Star Wars in the box, but have taken other non-related Pops out of the box. I still save the boxes. However, with the HP ones, I've kept a few of the more valuable ones in box and let her remove the others. She doesn't know there are still like 20 more I'm hiding from her as gifts, and I don't know what to do with all the empty boxes. Worth saving? None of these seem to be super valuable (most worth under $10). Do OOB folks just chuck the boxes or still save them?

Knighthammer

Postby Knighthammer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 am

hailmary25 wrote:

These two exactly. I am really hopping for Ginny before the end of June so I can get her signed

It sounds like release date is about the end of June, as in right at the end of it

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:45 pm

And I have to assume these are just the ones that are available everywhere, there will be more released as exclusives?

And I just finished my HP Pop collection (other than the three Rides) the other day. These plus the RC and knowing we will need two Lunas with the lion hat means I need to take a break on my Popping until then.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Kinda dissapointed HP didn't get a chase as well. Well one i could preorder and get easily lol.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Knighthammer

Postby Knighthammer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Looks like my post got removed with the list - no notifications about it - with it only being 7 strong atm I can see them chucking the range a Chase what with them being thrown around like candy these days in the 2nd half of the wave

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Katers wrote:No, that wasn't me justifying it in my head. What are you talking about?!

Also, fair warning: whatever space you find to house your collection....it will be filled beyond capacity WAY sooer than you expect. I plan on keeping a fixed location and rotating collections through it. It's the only way I can keep them from taking over the entire house!

That's what I like about this place - no judgement here!

That's actually kind of a brilliant idea, to rotate the collections. I may have to try that. Though I have a feeling I'd have to fight some serious lazy on my end to actual rotate it!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 pm

ruxy_100 wrote:Luna with the Lion hat is cool. But I'm really hoping we get one like the rock candy version. Is a third version pushing it?

I'd rather have 3 different Luna's in my house than three Lucius Malfoy! Especially a Luna as cool as that particular version!
Image ImageImage Image

jjava

Postby jjava » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:35 pm

There are just too many and some I didn't like the look so I decided in wave 1 I was only going to get what I like. So I don't have to worry about not having a complete set. I did went all nuts when I saw the Hogwarts Express ones though. Went click buy buy buy right away at Amazon.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Katers wrote:

I'd rather have 3 different Luna's in my house than three Lucius Malfoy! Especially a Luna as cool as that particular version!

Truth. I was thinking the exact same thing. Great minds :cheers:
Hi, I'm Merri!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:45 pm

Katers wrote:
synergy56 wrote:

That's actually kind of a brilliant idea, to rotate the collections. I may have to try that. Though I have a feeling I'd have to fight some serious lazy on my end to actual rotate it!

Well I haven't actually done it yet, so I am supremely lazy. Also, my friend has been a bit of a flake about building the custom shelves we discussed, but she's doing it for free so I really can't complain. My goal is to make temporary shelves out of foamboard. I have this huge pass through opening between my dining room and family room and I am putting a huge set of shelving steps on either side visible from the family room (where I spend most of my time) and then some plain shelves on the back of the steps facing the dining room. Going to take all the Pops out of their boxes and flatten all the boxes, stack all the inserts and into bins in my storage space in the back of the garage - then I'll individually plastic sandwich bag all the pops not being displayed and they are going to go into those cute ikea cardboard boxes by series on top of my kitchen cabinets so they will be close at hand. I figure after 3 or 4 months when I get bored of looking at what it out I will just bring down the boxes and take a new set out to display. Hopefully shouldn't take more than a few hours, so I'll hopfully just do it when I'm watching a game on TV :) That is the plan at least. We will see how long it takes me to make it come to fruition. By then there may be like 100 more Harry Potter Pops!
Hi, I'm Merri!

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Wait, why's everybody talking about Ginny and Pettigrew and Lion Head Luna? Did I miss something?

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:33 pm

I know the line is Harry Potter, but I think Funko's done about as many Harrys as they possibly could. Time to expand into secondary and tertiary. Katie Bell and Nearly-Headless Nick anyone? It'd be cool if we got a wave with the four primary house ghosts.
Too soon?

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 pm

HappinessGuano wrote:I know the line is Harry Potter, but I think Funko's done about as many Harrys as they possibly could. Time to expand into secondary and tertiary. Katie Bell and Nearly-Headless Nick anyone? It'd be cool if we got a wave with the four primary house ghosts.

GITD HOUSE GHOSTS!

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 am

synergy56 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Truth. I was thinking the exact same thing. Great minds :cheers:

It's so nice to find and commune with your people! :ptp:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:04 am

synergy56 wrote:
Katers wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Of course not!! I would NEVER think such a thing! :roflmao:

Well I haven't actually done it yet, so I am supremely lazy. Also, my friend has been a bit of a flake about building the custom shelves we discussed, but she's doing it for free so I really can't complain. My goal is to make temporary shelves out of foamboard. I have this huge pass through opening between my dining room and family room and I am putting a huge set of shelving steps on either side visible from the family room (where I spend most of my time) and then some plain shelves on the back of the steps facing the dining room. Going to take all the Pops out of their boxes and flatten all the boxes, stack all the inserts and into bins in my storage space in the back of the garage - then I'll individually plastic sandwich bag all the pops not being displayed and they are going to go into those cute ikea cardboard boxes by series on top of my kitchen cabinets so they will be close at hand. I figure after 3 or 4 months when I get bored of looking at what it out I will just bring down the boxes and take a new set out to display. Hopefully shouldn't take more than a few hours, so I'll hopfully just do it when I'm watching a game on TV :) That is the plan at least. We will see how long it takes me to make it come to fruition. By then there may be like 100 more Harry Potter Pops!

Still a brilliant concept! I/we expect to see pictures once they're done! And friends that are skilled and willing to help you out with cool stuff are the best!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:06 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
HappinessGuano wrote:I know the line is Harry Potter, but I think Funko's done about as many Harrys as they possibly could. Time to expand into secondary and tertiary. Katie Bell and Nearly-Headless Nick anyone? It'd be cool if we got a wave with the four primary house ghosts.

GITD HOUSE GHOSTS!

YES! So much yes!!
:cheers:

(Also, those would be my first GITD pops. Best thing ever to start that trend with!)
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”