Harry Potter Wave 3

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
kevin87

Re: Harry Potter Wave 3

Postby kevin87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:11 pm

chaostryder wrote:This wave was FANTASTIC!

Luna and Harry are both must-haves for me!

https://funko.com/blogs/news/sdcc-2017- ... arner-bros

I wonder if those glams are wrong, 31 is already taken by Harry and Hedwig... I thought maybe they meant 41 but the new Luna is 41, unless Luna is also wrong and was meant to be 42 lol.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:16 pm

Crap crap crap, why did they have to have HP SDCC exclusives? Must find all three...

ShakenNotStirred

Postby ShakenNotStirred » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 pm

kevin87 wrote:
chaostryder wrote:This wave was FANTASTIC!

Luna and Harry are both must-haves for me!

https://funko.com/blogs/news/sdcc-2017- ... arner-bros

I wonder if those glams are wrong, 31 is already taken by Harry and Hedwig... I thought maybe they meant 41 but the new Luna is 41, unless Luna is also wrong and was meant to be 42 lol.

I was wondering the same thing... They have been reusing the same number before on the Niffler and its flocked version, but Harry with Hedwig and this SDCC one are too different to get the same number. If it had been number 08, the same as Quidditch Harry without broom, I could've gotten the reasoning behind it. This... Not so much. Let's hope it's a mistake in the glam and the actual version has 42 or something.
Hey there! I'm Corneel, but currently there's nothing of interest in this signature.
Scroll along. ;-)

jimma

Postby jimma » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Harry and Luna are must owns. They look phenomenal!
ImageImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:57 pm

I am in love with today's SDCC wave, I'm hoping Harry on broom is the start to the whole quidditch set, at least Ron, Ginny, and Draco but the twins too if thats not asking to much of the funko powers that be.
The Occamy is my SDCC must have, if I can only get my hands one one pop it will be the Occamy. I'm thinking the Occamy will be my reason to go to Barns and Noble this year tho I will be a happy camper if all 3 are at hot topic
- tauntaunking on instagram

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Harry on the broom is a must. I already have the first Quidditch one but this one is so cool. I hate it. If I don't get it, I don't get it though. I'm trying to keep just one per character but it's tough.
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:01 pm

opopssum wrote:I am in love with today's SDCC wave, I'm hoping Harry on broom is the start to the whole quidditch set, at least Ron, Ginny, and Draco but the twins too if thats not asking to much of the funko powers that be.
The Occamy is my SDCC must have, if I can only get my hands one one pop it will be the Occamy. I'm thinking the Occamy will be my reason to go to Barns and Noble this year tho I will be a happy camper if all 3 are at hot topic

If we got a full Qudditch team on brooms I might have to make an exception to my in-box collecting....
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

solarialunar21

Postby solarialunar21 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:08 pm

So excited about Harry and Luna!!! These sculpts look awesome and I adore the Luna with glasses, if I can't get her POP at least I'll grab her Rock Candy but ahhh that Harry flying is fantastic!!!!
You can call me Danielle :)

Harry Potter, Disney, and POP's/Dorbz from my favorite movies/tv shows are my weakness!

Join me if you'd like in my adventures at:
https://outoftheboxfunko.wordpress.com/

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Finally! I've been wanting that Luna and the lion head Luna forever. I'm so excited about her. The Occamy is stunning! I also hope the flying Harry is a sign of more flying Quidditch Pops. It's so cool. I'm so happy with this wave!
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Knighthammer

Postby Knighthammer » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:53 pm

They just look awesome, have to hope the shared exclusive list is good and that they are not limited numbers

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:55 pm

I like both the Potter pops, but probably the Luna a little bit more..
Image Image

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:03 pm

So glad I didn't get regular Luna yet, because the SDCC one is so much better. The only one that would top this would be a lion head version, but I probably won't pass the SDCC one up!

I already have 2 HPs, so not sure I'll get this one, but man...it looks good. If I have the funds and see him in store, I might not be able to resist.

Occamy though, probably a must buy, and I'm not even that much into Fantastic Beasts, it's just too pretty!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:31 pm

I hoped for Ginny and Lupin but these are amazing!! I can't wait to try buying them!
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:05 pm

The Occamy is just so beautiful. That's definitely an OOB Pop.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Knighthammer wrote:They just look awesome, have to hope the shared exclusive list is good and that they are not limited numbers

If you mean limited number pieces, they're not. When they are, it says how many are made beside the name, like with Lincoln it says "Lincoln as Reaper (750pc LE)."

How many the stores get is another matter... I'd guess HP is probably going to be HT or B&N. The HP Pops could go to HT and the Occamy could go to B&N since they had Newt and the HP magic creatures last time.

As long as it's just HT and B&N then I'm good, but I'm kind of expecting something yet to be announced will probably go to GameStop... and FYE is just completely out of the question for me, so I pray they don't get the HP ones because they usually go on sale while I'm driving from B&N to HT and can't check.

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:11 pm

OH MY GOD!!! These are AMAZING!!!

All 3 are must haves for me. Harry on his broom is one I was hoping for after seeing the flying Peter Pan and Falcon (Civil War) as I love the mid-flight look with the clear stand. Luna is definitely one of the best ones! I love that scene in the Half Blood Prince when she shows up with the Spectra Specs on. And the Occamy is gorgeous with the metallic paint!

I love the HP ones way better than the 3 pack of creatures from last year. I liked the creatures but I felt a bit let down as they just didn't wow me like these one. I did love Newt as he was the first item in any form from Fantastic Beasts and I was excited for the film to come out. The Occamy is so well done, now I am hoping for a follow up with Frank the Thunderbird and the Erumpent.

Well done Funko!!! But please fix the number on Harry, that would bug me if that was correct.

ChappyPyon

Postby ChappyPyon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Oh man... I really want those two, but SDCC exclusive is a major headache for an Asia collector like myself. Shipping fee alone is gonna cost.

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 pm

These all look great. I've been hoping for that version of Luna for ages! The Ommary is absolutely stunning as well. I think I'll have to pick up a Demeguise now.

Spike Spiegel

Postby Spike Spiegel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:58 pm

That Quidditch Harry is definitely a must buy for me. Still debating on which Luna to pick up though :-k ... oh man that Occamy looks magnificent, I'd really like to see Funko release a Chamber of Secrets Basilisk now!
See you space cowboy...

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:14 pm

felixfelicis wrote:Crap crap crap, why did they have to have HP SDCC exclusives? Must find all three...

I have to laugh - this is almost word for word what I sent a friend via text when the wave was announced. Though I threw in a "crappity crap" for good measure!

I need all 3 of these!! Harry and Luna especially, to keep the HP line complete! And who could resist that Occamy, it's beautiful!
Image ImageImage Image

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Some amazing looking HP pops for SDCC. Add a few more to the NEED list.
ImageImage

sree

Postby sree » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:18 pm

That Occamy looks amazing! I wonder if it's the same size box as the Dumbo from the Disney box.
May the Funko gods be with you [-o<

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Katers wrote:
felixfelicis wrote:Crap crap crap, why did they have to have HP SDCC exclusives? Must find all three...

I have to laugh - this is almost word for word what I sent a friend via text when the wave was announced. Though I threw in a "crappity crap" for good measure!

I need all 3 of these!! Harry and Luna especially, to keep the HP line complete! And who could resist that Occamy, it's beautiful!

Just hoping they are all easy to get, because I will pay flippers if I have to because they are needs since my collection is really only HP.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:05 pm

They didn't have a number on them, so my advice is to figure out which stores each one goes to and do online orders. That is how I have done it for the ones I have gotten over the last few years.
Collecting since 2014

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:19 pm

They all look so good! (And slightly unrelated I absolutely have to get the Aragorn and Arwen two-pack!) Hopefully they're all shared to the same place, like Newt and the creatures last year.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:06 am

felixfelicis wrote:
Katers wrote:

Just hoping they are all easy to get, because I will pay flippers if I have to because they are needs since my collection is really only HP.

Yeah, that's where I'm at, too - all of these are MUST HAVES! Hoping they'll be easy to get online via the shared partners, since that's part of the plan as well!
Image ImageImage Image

Nobody888

Postby Nobody888 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:08 am

yeah the HP pop is a must have this year

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:36 am

I just have to say it again I love the occamy, I am just beyond excited to get more beasts. I was both hoping and dreading HP exclusives and I am just so thankful (my cc are that is) that it looks like there is a 99% chance they will be shared. I leave that 1% margin of error.

I look forward to adding all these pops to my collection along with wave... 3 is it? Wave 4? If those can hold off on coming out till around mid august it'll be just in time for my birthday :occasion9:
- tauntaunking on instagram

FunkoPoppy98

Postby FunkoPoppy98 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 am

opopssum wrote:I just have to say it again I love the occamy, I am just beyond excited to get more beasts. I was both hoping and dreading HP exclusives and I am just so thankful (my cc are that is) that it looks like there is a 99% chance they will be shared. I leave that 1% margin of error.

I look forward to adding all these pops to my collection along with wave... 3 is it? Wave 4? If those can hold off on coming out till around mid august it'll be just in time for my birthday :occasion9:

I imagine wave 4 will come out sometime after SDCC, maybe around the same time as wave 3. Although I've seen some preorder lists say July/August, I hope so cause then they'd be in the UK in time for Christmas. I'll probably buy Harry and Luna from the SDCC, so I hope they're shared cause then it'd be easier to get in the UK. I don't know about the Occamy it sort of creeps me out. Would have preferred a Basilisk Vs Fawkes pop to be honest.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:58 pm

opopssum wrote:I just have to say it again I love the occamy, I am just beyond excited to get more beasts. I was both hoping and dreading HP exclusives and I am just so thankful (my cc are that is) that it looks like there is a 99% chance they will be shared. I leave that 1% margin of error.

I think it is end of July, which would make sense because my Hot Cash expires before then :roflmao: So they probably won't be prolific in stores until mid-August so you should be safe.

hawklovespurple

Postby hawklovespurple » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Absolutely so excited about the upcoming SDCC pops. I have been waiting for that Luna ever since the Rock Candy one was released, and I'm loving that more Fantastic Beasts pops are coming out--Occamy is so cute!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Katie here.
ISO: Winter Soldier Masked Pop

kaleb992

Postby kaleb992 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 pm

That Harry and Luna are absolute must haves for me. Hoping I'll be able to snag them from the shared release like I did with Newt and the creatures 3-pack last year. The occamy is super neat too but I need it less than the other two.

Alumencia

Postby Alumencia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:34 am

I've been waiting for that Luna for years. I'm getting it one way or another.

ShakenNotStirred

Postby ShakenNotStirred » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:13 am

To be fair, my excitement has toned down a bit after the announcement, and I'm somewhat reserved now about Harry on broom. The flying pose is neat, sure, but it's very similar to the original Harry Quidditch Pop. I would've liked to see the uniform from Half-Blood Prince, that would've been a welcome change. It would also be more in line with the upcoming wave and the pen toppers released. It's still a very cool Pop, but for me only third priority after Luna and the Occamy.
Hey there! I'm Corneel, but currently there's nothing of interest in this signature.
Scroll along. ;-)

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:51 am

I really hope BN gets one or more of the HP/FB Pops. I'm praying we get most of the book related ones.

ch_aeiro

Postby ch_aeiro » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm

The occamy is gorgeousss. When they were talking about it in the funkast, it sounded like it will have some weight to it too.
Hi, I'm Kristi!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:41 pm

I really do hope all 3 are at the same retailer. Last year I was able to take a break early and go to Barnes & Noble before they opened. There was a small line of about 10'ish people so I was able to get a set with no problem. If they split them it could be a problem.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I really do hope all 3 are at the same retailer. Last year I was able to take a break early and go to Barnes & Noble before they opened. There was a small line of about 10'ish people so I was able to get a set with no problem. If they split them it could be a problem.

I wish I had been so lucky. I got to work that day and we had already sold out of the creature three pack. I never got it. It still haunts me to this day.

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:45 pm

This year I'm taking the day off. lol
My Name is Ernie

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:47 pm

Jezter wrote:So glad I didn't get regular Luna yet, because the SDCC one is so much better. The only one that would top this would be a lion head version, but I probably won't pass the SDCC one up!

I already have 2 HPs, so not sure I'll get this one, but man...it looks good. If I have the funds and see him in store, I might not be able to resist.

Occamy though, probably a must buy, and I'm not even that much into Fantastic Beasts, it's just too pretty!

Only 2 HPs????? I'm speechless.....
My Name is Ernie

Return to “Pop!”