Sith Trooper

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Starwarsfanatic1

Re: Sith Trooper

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 pm

AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
Price will probably drop but that is only if they release it. If they don't, the pop will just keep on rising. The saga is over and I feel like it should have been released already.

I see. It would be strange for it to come out at this point, as ROS is almost out of the theaters. Slight possibility it comes out at the end of the month when the DVD releases, but I doubt it. They hardly made enough variety of toys and figures for the movie. Kind of sad, as I collect a lot of Star Wars.

Star Wars Celebration is coming up. Maybe we will see another variant of the Sith Trooper then. Metallic?

That’s true! Would love a red chrome Sith trouper with other color accents to give it more of a pop! Maybe a silver lined box! But, my feeing is all the Pops will be Empire Strikes Back themed because it’s the 40th anniversary.
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
I see. It would be strange for it to come out at this point, as ROS is almost out of the theaters. Slight possibility it comes out at the end of the month when the DVD releases, but I doubt it. They hardly made enough variety of toys and figures for the movie. Kind of sad, as I collect a lot of Star Wars.

Star Wars Celebration is coming up. Maybe we will see another variant of the Sith Trooper then. Metallic?

That’s true! Would love a red chrome Sith trouper with other color accents to give it more of a pop! Maybe a silver lined box! But, my feeing is all the Pops will be Empire Strikes Back themed because it’s the 40th anniversary.

DVD exclusive I can see happening or even for star wars celebration (if they have it). Chrome would be awesome!!!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:48 pm

ETphonehome wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
AnyGivenFunko wrote:

DVD exclusive I can see happening or even for star wars celebration (if they have it). Chrome would be awesome!!!

I don't really see them doing the dvd exclusive for sith trooper, would make more sense for them to put one of the main characters to push the dvd with it. Celebration on the other hand could have a decent chance of it, especially a chrome version. I'd like one of those actually.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

digithor wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

I don't really see them doing the dvd exclusive for sith trooper, would make more sense for them to put one of the main characters to push the dvd with it. Celebration on the other hand could have a decent chance of it, especially a chrome version. I'd like one of those actually.

If celebration did one and it was numbered and limited, it would be an instant grail.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:40 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
GusGus wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
Thanks, I still need the SDCC Flocked Chewie (2011) & Gold Luke
I have all the Conan SW pops
I have all but 2 of the Freddy SW pops (just missing Boba Fett red hair & Clone Trooper blue hair)

Do you have pics of your collection posted anywhere? It sounds incredible!

Yes...and will post

Would love to see some pics as well.

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:13 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
That’s what I want to know! And will this still be worth the price when the common finally releases 10 years from now?

Price will probably drop but that is only if they release it. If they don't, the pop will just keep on rising. The saga is over and I feel like it should have been released already.

Starwarsfanatic collects Star Wars?!? You don't say? Lol jk
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:19 pm

I had shrugged at this and kept seeing this thread pop up on the board...had no idea it hasn’t been fully released yet! That’s wild....surprised me. DId i see it’s going for $600?!

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:

Starwarsfanatic collects Star Wars?!? You don't say? Lol jk

Okay Detective Gordon, you got me. Hahaha. A little bat humor for you. Very happy you have a Palpatine emoji signature. Well done!
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:18 am

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
digithor wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:

If celebration did one and it was numbered and limited, it would be an instant grail.

Pretty much how it would go.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:24 pm

digithor wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
digithor wrote:

Would you want a red chrome with black accents? Otherwise it really wouldn't be distinguishable.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:25 pm

kappait wrote:
digithor wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

Would you want a red chrome with black accents? Otherwise it really wouldn't be distinguishable.

That would be on top of my list! The black accents would really make it pop!
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:20 pm

kappait wrote:
digithor wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

That's fine.
ImageImageImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:06 am

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
kappait wrote:
digithor wrote:

Man, that would be so brutal to get at sw celebration

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:28 am

millone wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Really hoping Celebration is still happening this year. [-o<
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:20 am

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
millone wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

It's almost four months away, still a long way to go but pretty difficult to tell given how much we still don't know about the coronavirus.

But yeah, we're all hoping for the best here!
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:56 am

I give up on the sith trooper! Won’t be released regularly like funko said it would! Oh well, maybe in the future! Did the impossible at sdcc to get one for myself
:freddy3:

Here to help other fellow funatics in anyway and everyway that I can.

Main ISO
RED SKULL
WHITE RANGER (GITD)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:57 am

Still one of my top Star Wars pops!

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:I give up on the sith trooper! Won’t be released regularly like funko said it would! Oh well, maybe in the future! Did the impossible at sdcc to get one for myself

Unfortunately, all we can do right now is to wait. It's been almost 9 months though, so we're all getting impatient I'm sure.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:36 pm

It’s been so long trying to get, what should have been a common pop. It was impossible to get at SDCC due to the lottery (and loungefly didn’t have near enough, not even as many as the bags they had) and it has been so long since the release.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:44 pm

rexflexall wrote:Still one of my top Star Wars pops!

Lol still one of my top WANTED Star Wars pops lol

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:45 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
millone wrote:Man, that would be so brutal to get at sw celebration

It's almost four months away, still a long way to go but pretty difficult to tell given how much we still don't know about the coronavirus.

Same here. I’m hoping for good health for everyone and that we can all go back to enjoying the physical hunt again soon.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
kappait wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yeah if they did it with the accents then I'd probably get it. Otherwise it just looks like a New Order trooper.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

kappait

Postby kappait » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

Same here. I’m hoping for good health for everyone and that we can all go back to enjoying the physical hunt again soon.

Same here. I was lucky and got Jedi Master this year and it will probably get postponed. It would be a bummer because it's the 40 year for Empire.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:10 pm

millone wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Could go either way.
ImageImageImageImage

millone

Postby millone » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:22 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
millone wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

Me too. It was going to be my first and im local. Would have been awesome

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:27 am

I’m just happy I was able to get him at the con. The gold accent really works with the pop. I didn’t think he’d get so high since he isn’t a numbered piece. Limited to the Con sure, but so was Indy and he isn’t nearly as high.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:34 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:I’m just happy I was able to get him at the con. The gold accent really works with the pop. I didn’t think he’d get so high since he isn’t a numbered piece. Limited to the Con sure, but so was Indy and he isn’t nearly as high.

I think that Indie has a larder run. It was available all day every day. The trooper was out in 15 minutes every morning.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

millone

Postby millone » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:57 pm

kappait wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:I’m just happy I was able to get him at the con. The gold accent really works with the pop. I didn’t think he’d get so high since he isn’t a numbered piece. Limited to the Con sure, but so was Indy and he isn’t nearly as high.

I think that Indie has a larder run. It was available all day every day. The trooper was out in 15 minutes every morning.

Yeah even if you had access to the booth sith was so hard to get. Preview night seemed to have a lot but after that nothing

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:13 am

I am not positive but I think after preview night it was like 50 a day at the Loungefly booth with purchase of the Sith Trooper backpack for Thursday and Friday. And I think they were out completely on Sat and Sunday. So I would say numbers were at most 1000. And probably closer to 500.

A total guess. But they were limited to 50ish on two days. And out 2 other days. Not one hundred percent sure of those numbers. SDCC 2019 was like a different world ago.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:24 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:I give up on the sith trooper! Won’t be released regularly like funko said it would! Oh well, maybe in the future! Did the impossible at sdcc to get one for myself

Still surprised that the ‘common’ version has not been released yet.
:freddy1:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Mario Wario wrote:

Me too, I really want one.
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 pm

kappait wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah if they did it with the accents then I'd probably get it. Otherwise it just looks like a New Order trooper.

Good point. I’m sure this would increase sells. Haha. Give the people what they want Funko.
[-o<
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:34 pm

kappait wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:

Same here. I was lucky and got Jedi Master this year and it will probably get postponed. It would be a bummer because it's the 40 year for Empire.

Same here. I was so super lucky to get Jedi Master too! Pretty bummed as well. I assume our tickets will be good for when ever they postpone Celebration. Hopefully they will stick with what ever the plan was and still celebrate 40 years of Empire.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:36 pm

Mario Wario wrote:

This is very surprising. I wonder what the store is behind this? Is it a mistake or deliberate. Only time will tell, I guess.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:37 pm

millone wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
millone wrote:Man, that would be so brutal to get at sw celebration

Me too. It was going to be my first and im local. Would have been awesome

Hopefully it’s just postponed and not cancelled. I’m local too. Last one I went to was when it was in Anaheim many years ago.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:41 pm

That gold packaging is really one of the awesome details of this pop. I hope we get more variant boxes in the future.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:44 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:I am not positive but I think after preview night it was like 50 a day at the Loungefly booth with purchase of the Sith Trooper backpack for Thursday and Friday. And I think they were out completely on Sat and Sunday. So I would say numbers were at most 1000. And probably closer to 500.

A total guess. But they were limited to 50ish on two days. And out 2 other days. Not one hundred percent sure of those numbers. SDCC 2019 was like a different world ago.

This is the same info I had. I believe you are correct with these members.
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:38 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:

This is very surprising. I wonder what the store is behind this? Is it a mistake or deliberate. Only time will tell, I guess.

Who knows, but yeah, let’s see what happens later. I wouldn’t mind having other one.
:freddy1:

millone

Postby millone » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:22 pm

Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:
kappait wrote:
Starwarsfanatic1 wrote:

Same here. I was so super lucky to get Jedi Master too! Pretty bummed as well. I assume our tickets will be good for when ever they postpone Celebration. Hopefully they will stick with what ever the plan was and still celebrate 40 years of Empire.

Yeah i hope they dont have to cancel. Still holding hope because if they cancel celebration they also cancel sdcc. Cant deal with all that

kappait

Postby kappait » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:17 am

millone wrote:
kappait wrote:

Yeah even if you had access to the booth sith was so hard to get. Preview night seemed to have a lot but after that nothing

Yeah it was tough. Your best bet was to get the bag and pop combo at Loungefly. They seemed to have more each day than the Funko booth did.
ImageImage

Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225

Return to “Pop!”