Chances of Buffy line 2?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
AmantaRae

Re: Chances of Buffy line 2?

Postby AmantaRae » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:23 am

I would love for this line to be extended to all of the Buffyverse. Lorne and puppet Angel would just make such great Pops. Twilight (from the comics) would also be cool.

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Sidewinder wrote:I saw a WW pop in HT just the other day. First Buffy pop I'd seen in a while there.

That's what I mean... Haven't seen much of Buffy around since they were first released... Hoping that bodes well for the future of the line!
mac-ohhellyes.blogspot.com

naisatoh

Postby naisatoh » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:33 am

My main grievance about the Buffy line was the molds. Apart from The Gentlemen and Spike, the characters models were pretty ordinary. I think when it comes to a Wave 2, Funko should choose characters that are truly unique OR work on making the characters more recognizable.

Vampire Dru and Darla would be sure hits.

I would also love to see an Angel line. Specifically Lorne and Illyria would translate great into Pops.
Hello. My name is Vince and I am a Funkaholic.

Sidewinder

Postby Sidewinder » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:56 am

I think the Buffy and Willow molds were also fine. It was really just Angel and OZ that looked like ordinary guys.

I mean Funko is doing Friends this year. How are they going to make 3 regular girls and 3 regular guys look unique in POP form?

Victolus

Postby Victolus » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:41 pm

Any news on if a Wave 2 is actually going to happen?

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:54 pm

I am starting to feel like Funko is expanding to so many other lines, I fear some of their older ones will be left behind. I truly hope Buffy isn't one of them.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Victolus wrote:Any news on if a Wave 2 is actually going to happen?

I haven't heard anything. I wonder if all they're going to be coming out with for the year is what was announced at Toy Fair. I hope that's not the case.

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:56 am

I really hope we hear something soon about more Buffy

POPMichael

Postby POPMichael » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:26 pm

I think they can pull off a Xander mold..just give him his signature arched/point eyebrows and one of his wacky shirts. Giles would be recogonizable in his signature tweed suit and spectacles. I like the picture of Cordelia that someone posted above...I feel like all her action figures get that outfit (the white and blue one), The Master, Angel (Vampire), Drusilla (Vampire face) and an Anya. That's all I want.

missauru

Postby missauru » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Vampire Dru would be a perfect companion for vampire Spike!
Giles would be a day 1 buy for me!

Oh a chase vampire Buffy. o0o00o0o :devil:
Gamer.Wife.Mom.OOB.TeamBacon.Missa
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

asilentliaison

Postby asilentliaison » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:04 pm

missauru wrote:Oh a chase vampire Buffy. o0o00o0o :devil:

YESSSSS GIMME!

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:59 pm

missauru wrote:Oh a chase vampire Buffy. o0o00o0o :devil:

THAT would be so cool!

missauru

Postby missauru » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:00 am

I am glad you guys agree!
Image Image
MHA pops I will continue to pray for: Shouto Todoroki, Denki Kaminari, & Eijirou Kirishima

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:41 pm

NEEEEED more Buffy please Funko!

Sidewinder

Postby Sidewinder » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:08 pm

BillyLouis wrote:I am starting to feel like Funko is expanding to so many other lines, I fear some of their older ones will be left behind. I truly hope Buffy isn't one of them.

I feel the same thing. With the current shows on the air they will continue to make POPs, but for the shows that have long finished, I'm not really sure. With Breaking Bad they're doing the van, but they haven't added anymore to the line. Buffy's line released back in September and we haven't heard about anything new for them at all.

I was checking EBay the other day and the SDCC Buffy and HT WV Willow are selling at regular retail prices, unlike other exclusives like Headless Hershel, which is going for at least $40. I don't think it's a good sign that they are selling for such a cheap price. M

I really hope we see something for Buffy. However if we get to SDCC and there is nothing new on the horizon, I would be surprised if we see anything come after that.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:16 pm

Which really sucks, because I only really 'completest style' collect "Supernatural" and Buffy. One only gives me repeats variants and the other hasn't produced any news in a long while. I mean, I collect other lines here and there, but not like those two. Until I get a "LOST" release that is. :)
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

morbidsoliloquy

Postby morbidsoliloquy » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:38 pm

I didnt watch much buffy but I loved the spin off: Angel
So any of the characters from that I would love I assume they are under the same license
I would like all of the this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My First Pop: Garrus
My Total Now: 401
Goal: Sex Bob-Omb 3 pack

missauru

Postby missauru » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:39 pm

That Illyria is amazing!! I so want it!
Image Image

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:40 pm

Well, the good thing about your eBay theory is that that's the secondary market and really has nothing to do with Funko themselves in a way. Those items are already sold from Funko and it's just buyers trying to re-sell them.

With that said, I am still really hopeful for more Buffy, and I would like a Buffy in this outfit too hah

naisatoh

Postby naisatoh » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:45 pm

Sidewinder wrote:I think the Buffy and Willow molds were also fine. It was really just Angel and OZ that looked like ordinary guys.

I mean Funko is doing Friends this year. How are they going to make 3 regular girls and 3 regular guys look unique in POP form?

The only reason Buffy turned out fine was because they put a stake in her hand.

The only reason why Friends may remotely work is because they're also holding recognizable objects (e.g. the duck and chicken).
Hello. My name is Vince and I am a Funkaholic.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:32 pm

I think buffy's outfit and hair look enough like her to be recognizable. I would say it is rediculous to worry about not getting a second wave of Buffy Pops but has been over a year and no second wave of SOA.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

ovorc

Postby ovorc » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:43 pm

BillyLouis wrote:I still need to get the Wishverse Willow.

Me too, I haven't had any luck finding one. Guess I'll turn to ebay. As far as a new line, I'd love a vampire Angel/Angelus, The Master, and Drusilla.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 pm

ovorc wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:I still need to get the Wishverse Willow.

Me too, I haven't had any luck finding one. Guess I'll turn to ebay. As far as a new line, I'd love a vampire Angel/Angelus, The Master, and Drusilla.

That's what I have been doing, randomly checking eBay and Hot Topic.

missauru

Postby missauru » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:01 pm

I am also on the lookout for wishverse Willow at a decent price. Though my Buffy 3 pack hasn't arrived yet so I am not in a hurry.
Image Image

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:26 pm

Honestly, I would LOVE at least two more series from the Buffy line with the great suggestions everyone has posted in here, but at the end of the day I think we need to see Giles, Xander, and Cordy made as at least exclusives.

Also, how cool would a Buffy Mystery Mini set be?

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:39 am

BillyLouis wrote:Honestly, I would LOVE at least two more series from the Buffy line with the great suggestions everyone has posted in here, but at the end of the day I think we need to see Giles, Xander, and Cordy made as at least exclusives.

CO-SIGN on all of this!!!

tlc38tlc38

Postby tlc38tlc38 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:22 pm

I hope we hear something soon about wave 2! I'm about to slay myself!
Buffy POP! & Re-Action figures I want most in wave 2: Giles, Xander, Faith, Cordelia, Anya, The Master, Drusilla, & Vampire Angel

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:40 pm

tlc38tlc38 wrote:I hope we hear something soon about wave 2!

:bounce: pleeeeease Funko!

missauru

Postby missauru » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:45 pm

Hunger strike, anyone?
Image Image

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:32 pm

missauru wrote:Hunger strike, anyone?

haha... I'd do it for Buffy!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:39 pm

OhHellYes wrote:
BillyLouis wrote:Honestly, I would LOVE at least two more series from the Buffy line with the great suggestions everyone has posted in here, but at the end of the day I think we need to see Giles, Xander, and Cordy made as at least exclusives.

CO-SIGN on all of this!!!

Thank you.

I wish there was some sort of "Ask Brian/Funko" section here, where we could once in a while get direct answers from the higher ups.

SpikeyK

Postby SpikeyK » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:49 am

Hey guys, love the fact there is a topic for a question I have been asking myself for ages. I wish there was a second wave of these pops. I agree with everyone else here on the fact we need a xander, Giles and faith!

After all the toy fair news and the new funko catalogue the other week is it still likely that a 2nd wave will be Anounced?
the 1st lot came out in June 2014 I think? Maybe June 2015 would be perfect for a 2nd wave?

POPMichael

Postby POPMichael » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:07 am

Is it wrong or too forward to outright ask Brian what the deal is with a wave 2? I have been hopeful since the Christmas announcements, and then Toy Fair...I'm just curious. Brian if you happen to see this, can you please clue us in on the future of this line? Lol worth a shot.

SpikeyK

Postby SpikeyK » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:00 am

It's not wrong :) not sure how u would be able to tho...

Sidewinder

Postby Sidewinder » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:55 am

Is there a Facebook page where the staff answer questions? Or Twitter?

SpikeyK

Postby SpikeyK » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:37 pm

I haven't seen one but I'm 9n the hunt for one now :) just watching the series again from the start and there are so many they could do!

missauru

Postby missauru » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 pm

If you find where to contact them link them here lol
Image Image

OhHellYes

Postby OhHellYes » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Hiiiiii Brian! ;) Please give us more Buffy!

SpikeyK

Postby SpikeyK » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:53 am

I can't find anything :( would be awesome to find a yes or no answer but guess that's how it is :(
Been thinking about it and I think it's a good sign they didn't release all thr main cast in series 1. If funko had thought it was a risky one off wave then wouldn't they have released all the main cast to get as much money as possible?
My thinking is flawed but it makes more sence to me than not. What do u guys think?
Every time I go into forbidden planet I never see a Buffy or Spike but I do see the odd gentlemen so I guess it must be quite popular over here

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:40 am

Honestly as much as I would love more and more Buffy POP!s, I would just be happy with Giles, Xander, Cordy, Anya, and maybe Faith... I'm a bit of a pessimist sometimes with things I collect because I used to collect McFarlane Sportspicks and as a Bucs fan it was slim pickings, so I grew used not getting figures I wanted. In fact, one time a player I wanted made wad announced then later cancelled, and that really ticked me off. Haha.

Real world problems, right? :)

Return to “Pop!”