Robot Freddy

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
alex_dewitt

Re: Robot Freddy

Postby alex_dewitt » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:24 am

jkcohen626 wrote:I saw some pics on Facebook of color variants. Even if they were fakes, it seems unlikely that Funko would make an entirely new mold (especially one people got so exited about) and not make any color variants.

Those colour variants were all customised by someone from a Facebook group I'm in who is also a member on here. I'm almost 100% sure we'll see at least two more Robot Freddy variants. This piece is so popular and there's so much that can be done with it. Even if I got one of the LE2000 I hope the next ones are unlimited 1) because of the insane prices people ask for and 2) so that everyone can have a Robot Freddy.

I made two colour variants I'd love to see myself

Spoiler: show

These are customs created in Photoshop btw, they are NOT real upcoming variants of the pop!

meangene
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby meangene » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:59 am

alex_dewitt wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:I saw some pics on Facebook of color variants. Even if they were fakes, it seems unlikely that Funko would make an entirely new mold (especially one people got so exited about) and not make any color variants.

Those colour variants were all customised by someone from a Facebook group I'm in who is also a member on here. I'm almost 100% sure we'll see at least two more Robot Freddy variants. This piece is so popular and there's so much that can be done with it. Even if I got one of the LE2000 I hope the next ones are unlimited 1) because of the insane prices people ask for and 2) so that everyone can have a Robot Freddy.

These are customs created in Photoshop btw, they are NOT real upcoming variants of the pop!

Those photoshopped ones look amazing. I hope we get some more variants. Maybe some for fright night?
Gene

alex_dewitt

Postby alex_dewitt » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:53 am

meangene wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:

Those photoshopped ones look amazing. I hope we get some more variants. Maybe some for fright night?

You mean like... Pumpkin Head Robot Freddy? Why not lol

xHEMLOCKx
Hall of Fame Class of 2009

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:35 pm

I just want a Freddy universal monster set. Is that too much to ask?
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:48 pm

xHEMLOCKx wrote:I just want a Freddy universal monster set. Is that too much to ask?

I think you're onto something there!
A Metaluna Mutant, Frankenstein's monster or Creature from the black lagoon would be awesome!
The entire line would actually make GREAT Freddys!!

=D> [-o<
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:54 pm

alex_dewitt wrote:You mean like... Pumpkin Head Robot Freddy? Why not lol

I am sooooo into this. Nice mockup!
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:33 pm

CAHRULL wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:You mean like... Pumpkin Head Robot Freddy? Why not lol

I am sooooo into this. Nice mockup!

AWESOME!!!!!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:37 pm

xHEMLOCKx wrote:I just want a Freddy universal monster set. Is that too much to ask?

That would be rad! Love those classic universal monsters so much! Some of my favorite pieces!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:41 pm

yeah....Funko should definitely open a series up to customizers, where the winners designs get put into a limited production. It takes the best of a dying urban vinyl scene and makes it fresh again. That Pumpkin Freddy is amazing.

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:53 pm

cerealkiller wrote:yeah....Funko should definitely open a series up to customizers, where the winners designs get put into a limited production. It takes the best of a dying urban vinyl scene and makes it fresh again. That Pumpkin Freddy is amazing.

I think we're seeing the start of this thought process with that Retro Freddy contest from the Funko employees. I'm really excited to see which one ends up going into production.

alex_dewitt

Postby alex_dewitt » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:21 pm

I did one last mockup that I would LOVE to see! Robot Freddy meets Cereal Monsters

Once again, these are NOT official glam shots but custom artwork and all rights on this Freddy belong to Funko. O:)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:06 pm

alex_dewitt wrote:I did one last mockup that I would LOVE to see! Robot Freddy meets Cereal Monsters

Once again, these are NOT official glam shots but custom artwork and all rights on this Freddy belong to Funko. O:)

WOAH!!!!!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

alex_dewitt

Postby alex_dewitt » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:16 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:I did one last mockup that I would LOVE to see! Robot Freddy meets Cereal Monsters

WOAH!!!!!

When I made these I only realised how much I would love to have them. lol

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:28 pm

i know the feeling. LOL

now i have to stop myself from downloading HQ glams or I'll mess with something and change its colors. I started doing it to superhero Freddy and stopped myself.
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:33 pm

meangene wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:

I sincerely hope not for fright night. The same people who are going to Fright Night are most likeley a lot of the people who were the super funatics able to get the original.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

slim1977

Postby slim1977 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:29 pm

Maybe at fright night.....
ISO: Jay proto from Jay and Silent Bob strike back

Captain RShane

Postby Captain RShane » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Love the pumpkin head robot. Well done!
Wants: Older Captain America [06 B&W, 06 Metallic, 41 B&W, 41 GITD, 41 Unmasked]

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:10 pm

Amazing work on the mockups! Now I want all of those :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:21 pm

=D> =D> =D>

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:28 pm

The mock up Freddy's look amazing, nice job!
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

xHEMLOCKx

Postby xHEMLOCKx » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:43 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
meangene wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:Those colour variants were all customised by someone from a Facebook group I'm in who is also a member on here. I'm almost 100% sure we'll see at least two more Robot Freddy variants. This piece is so popular and there's so much that can be done with it. Even if I got one of the LE2000 I hope the next ones are unlimited 1) because of the insane prices people ask for and 2) so that everyone can have a Robot Freddy.

I sincerely hope not for fright night. The same people who are going to Fright Night are most likeley a lot of the people who were the super funatics able to get the original.

I don't understand. The people paying a couple of $100 to a over a $1000 (like me) should not get a variant at fright night, because we might have gotten the original. I sincerely hope I am misreading your post.
Hi, I am Bo

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. - Lincoln

We need Dr. Seuss and Peewee Herman POP!

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:21 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
meangene wrote:
alex_dewitt wrote:Those colour variants were all customised by someone from a Facebook group I'm in who is also a member on here. I'm almost 100% sure we'll see at least two more Robot Freddy variants. This piece is so popular and there's so much that can be done with it. Even if I got one of the LE2000 I hope the next ones are unlimited 1) because of the insane prices people ask for and 2) so that everyone can have a Robot Freddy.

This logic doesnt make any sense. I'm going to Fright Night and missed out on this pop. A lot of people here missed it.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:44 pm

xHEMLOCKx wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
meangene wrote:

I don't understand. The people paying a couple of $100 to a over a $1000 (like me) should not get a variant at fright night, because we might have gotten the original. I sincerely hope I am misreading your post.

I'm not saying that the people paying to go to Fright Night should't get special variants. They are paying and the rest of us aren't. I'm just saying that I really hope that Funko gives more people an opportunity to get this incredible mold than just the small number of Fanatics going to Fright Night.
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
meangene wrote:

This logic doesnt make any sense. I'm going to Fright Night and missed out on this pop. A lot of people here missed it.

What I wrote wasn't really the point I was trying to make. What i really meant is that anything at Fright night is going to be super rare and limited and I would rather have a more common or easier way to get this mold rather than having to pay even more than for the original on the second hand market.
Image Image Image Image

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:
meangene wrote:

I too am a super fanatic and I try as I might wasn't able to get this pop. So I agree, the logic doesn't make sense. ;-)
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:36 pm

I got fright night tickets and I missed this as well
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:19 pm

You dont have to buy something on the 2nd market.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:19 pm

I don't think we'll see robot Freddy at Fright Night, the kinds of Freddys that are at Fundays are the head swap versions (Freddy as Charlie Brown, Willy Wonka, etc.) so if there are Freddys there then I suspect they will be like that. Since it's a Halloween theme I would guess that the Freddys would be in that theme as well, so maybe Munsters, Universal Monsters or horror characters. At least I hope so :-)
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:01 pm

^^ fingers crossed
Image Image Image Image

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 pm

I'm hoping for Freddy versions of the universal monsters.
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

MorbidGee
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby MorbidGee » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:06 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:

WOAH!!!!!

OMG!!!! This right here would be so awesome! Instant Holy Grail for thousands of Funko Fans.
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! My name is Giselle *FDO Host Las Vegas* Making Fun: The movie *Funko Fiends Secretary/Treasurer* June 2017 COTM
IG:Morbidgeescollections Funklub #10230

XavierSoup

Postby XavierSoup » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Those mockups look AMAZING!! Hope we see more variants of this mold

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:24 pm

MorbidGee wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

WOAH!!!!!

OMG!!!! This right here would be so awesome! Instant Holy Grail for thousands of Funko Fans.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"OMG.. I need that"

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 am

Why is everybody so p*** at me. All I did was voice my opinion. I've tried deleting my comment but I can't. I really thought that the Funko community was better than this. I'm so disappointed in the way I've been treated in this thread of the past few days. You can inetrnet scream at me all you want I'm done with this stupid thread.
Image Image Image Image

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:51 am

MorbidGee wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

WOAH!!!!!

Spectacular!!! Well done!!!
I be Chris

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:33 am

Looks really cool.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:33 am

That's one of my Fright Night predictions, 1/24s being black and white.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

alex_dewitt

Postby alex_dewitt » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:32 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
MorbidGee wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:WOAH!!!!!

Spectacular!!! Well done!!!

Thanks, the positive feedback is much appreciated. \:D/

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:29 am

jkcohen626 wrote:Why is everybody so p*** at me. All I did was voice my opinion. I've tried deleting my comment but I can't. I really thought that the Funko community was better than this. I'm so disappointed in the way I've been treated in this thread of the past few days. You can inetrnet scream at me all you want I'm done with this stupid thread.

It's possible some replies to your comment have been deleted but right now I don't see anybody screaming at or mistreating you in this thread...
Maybe I'm just not as sensitive to comments on the Internet as you but I honestly don't see anyone p***. All people were saying is that they didn't understand your original comment. You voiced your opinion and others voiced their opinion on what you said. :-s :-k
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

popoy

Postby popoy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:56 pm

MorbidGee wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

WOAH!!!!!

Epic Design!
Popoy
Pop Count: 135
Collects My Hero Academia, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, Futurama, and sets that I like

Return to “Pop!”