Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jahickory

Re: Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald Pops

Postby jahickory » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:53 am

Are the exclusives supposed to be out too? The Barnes and Noble I go to isn't getting their next shipment until the 16th. So, I'm not sure if these are coming out with the next batch for most stores.
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:15 pm

Haven't seen any of the pops out yet, but I'm getting more excited for the variants (and of course the movie). Young Dumbledore is my personal fave of the lot
Last edited by KidMarvel on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:43 pm

ShakenNotStirred wrote:
kevin87 wrote:Yeah, Matagot isn't there, and neither is the Chupacabra and the HT exclusive version of it (#21). We're also still missing what #25 is, which makes me hope there's a 4 inch version of the watch Niffler that'll come out too, maybe it'll be NYCC or something. Because I'm not getting a large Niffler when none of the others are that big, it just won't look right. I feel like any 10 inch needs to be a giant character, or they need to also have 4 inch versions of it and the large ones are just meant to be "life size" versions, like with Pikachu, Dobby and Groot.

Perhaps the 2 Pack Baby Nifflers is supposed to be #25? The Harry Potter creatures all had an individual number, so maybe they'll number the 2 pack as well.
Maybe it's a bit OCD, but I hate unused numbers in a range. So far, HP/FB didn't have any.

As everyone has said, weird that they left some creatures off the announcement list. Maybe this is WB's wish, to not give too much away? Although we've seen the Matagot in the trailer...

Bummed about the chase Newt. To me he looks better than the common one.
Getting chases around here is really down to luck, since no physical stores get chases. You really have to buy a figure online, and hope it's the chase and not the common. It's like roulette.

Love D-dore, the Mooncalf and the Fwooper. Amazing additions to the line!

And that Thestral is just adorable! Would look good besides Luna, so I'll probably buy more than one.

There's not many multipacks that actually have numbers though. Marshmallow from Frozen had a number, and the HP creatures, Sex Bob-omb, and Toy Tokyo's Vampire Buffy/Angel set had individual numbers. I don't know of anything else with them... but it'd be weird for it to be #25 when there's two and #24 and #26 are both used, you'd think they'd be sequential if that were the case. I thin we'll end up with something for NYCC, and I still want a dang 4 inch watch Niffler! lol

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:59 pm

I checked my Baby Niffler 2-Pack and there is no numbering on it at all. The Harry Potter Creature 3-Pack had the numbers on the back over each one, this one doesn’t have any. Very weird. I agree that the missing # will be the NYCC Exclusive. I am hoping that the NYCC one will be Credence, I am still hoping to get him to add as he was a great character.

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:50 pm

This is quite a wave! A Michael's exclusive, a new 10" 4 different Newts. Whoa.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

pensivep0tter

Postby pensivep0tter » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Anyone know the exclusives for michaels, khols, and target are coming out? I went to look today no one had them

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:03 pm

pensivep0tter wrote:Anyone know the exclusives for michaels, khols, and target are coming out? I went to look today no one had them

Should be pretty soon but none of them have even shown up in any stores yet. I would at least wait until you start seeing reports of them showing up at those places before you waist the time and gas. I’m sure we will start seeing them trickling in any day now

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Found a Newt chase in the wild yesterday and it made my day!
Hi, I'm Jerry!

thejanellybean

Postby thejanellybean » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:59 pm

MattyPHATty wrote:
pensivep0tter wrote:Anyone know the exclusives for michaels, khols, and target are coming out? I went to look today no one had them

Should be pretty soon but none of them have even shown up in any stores yet. I would at least wait until you start seeing reports of them showing up at those places before you waist the time and gas. I’m sure we will start seeing them trickling in any day now

That michaels newt is going to be a pain in my side! I did get Chase Newt Saturday morning though :) yay!

ImageImage

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm

My HT posted today that they got them in so I’ll probably be stopping in tomorrow to pick up a few.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:59 pm

thejanellybean wrote:
MattyPHATty wrote:

That michaels newt is going to be a pain in my side! I did get Chase Newt Saturday morning though :) yay!

:eek: Congrats!! He’s awesome, I’m hoping to eventually find one myself. Hopefully we start seeing signs of the Michaels’ Newt showing up soon. Enjoy chase Newt!

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Baby Nifflers and Pickett are really cool. Would love to see Pickett as a 10''

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:00 am

I'm going to have to start on this line... the creatures are so freaking cute! The mufflers! The fwoopers! I told my self I'd stay away from them cause then I feel like I will need the HP line to go with it to and there are just SO many $$$ HP pops
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

thejanellybean

Postby thejanellybean » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:15 am

RSVHockeyDude wrote:Baby Nifflers and Pickett are really cool. Would love to see Pickett as a 10''

I want that big Niffler!Have you seen that? He's glorius haha
ImageImage

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Does anyone know why the Matagot is never listed? It doesn't have an exclusive sticker, I've seen some posted on Facebook groups as being in hand, but no one is listing it or talking about it. Am I missing something?
I'm Josh

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:37 pm

I'm behind in Funko news, so I just want to check that the Baby Nifflers are going to be a common release that I should be able to get almost anywhere. Or do I need to start shopping at Gamestop?

Stacy in IL

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:Does anyone know why the Matagot is never listed? It doesn't have an exclusive sticker, I've seen some posted on Facebook groups as being in hand, but no one is listing it or talking about it. Am I missing something?

BoxLunch got in the Matagot as I picked up one on Saturday. They had all of the commons except the Chupacabra and the Baby Niffler 2-Pack. A lot of the other retailers seemed to get Newt, Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Pickett and the Thestral (Hot Topic, GameStop, Barnes & Noble), and then some got either the Matagot, the Chupacabra or the Baby Nifflers. The B&N’s near me show they got the Chupacabra but no one can seems to find it in their stockroom. My local GameStop got only the Baby Niffler 2-Pack and none of the commons. A very weird release indeed.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:58 pm

Any idea when the Fwooper should be hitting kohls?
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:49 pm

I was told today the baby nifflers are on hold for some later date??? Has any one else heard this and happen to know the date? I need those babies :D
I know they are out in some places but if stores pulled them back I might have missed the window.

Im hoping maybe the other exclusives will drop around that same time, what ever time it is
- tauntaunking on instagram

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:35 pm

For those who are interested, the Barnes & Noble Exclusive Newt is available online. Here is the link:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-g ... 9698330626

I saw where someone posted on another site that the other beasts - Nifflers, Matagot, Chupacabra - have a street date of 9/15. B&N had the Chupacabra online but it has since disappeared. And the store that showed they had him in stock are saying they don’t have him yet so I think they have them in the back until then. When I was trying to buy the Matagot at BoxLunch they were having an issue and had to use a generic sku to sell it to me as they couldn’t get it to work. I wonder if they weren’t supposed to be selling it yet and that is why their system was acting funny?

M3lonhead

Postby M3lonhead » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 pm

These are amazing! A must have for any collector of the series!
ImageImage

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I saw where someone posted on another site that the other beasts - Nifflers, Matagot, Chupacabra - have a street date of 9/15. B&N had the Chupacabra online but it has since disappeared. And the store that showed they had him in stock are saying they don’t have him yet so I think they have them in the back until then. When I was trying to buy the Matagot at BoxLunch they were having an issue and had to use a generic sku to sell it to me as they couldn’t get it to work. I wonder if they weren’t supposed to be selling it yet and that is why their system was acting funny?

My GS had baby Nifflers on Saturday when I checked for Chase, I didn't try to buy it so I don't know if it would have worked. I assumed the others missing from the announcement will probably be announced on the 15th, with the HT Chupacabra going live the night before.

stacyinil

Postby stacyinil » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Thanks for the info on the street date on the Baby Nifflers and other creatures.

I ordered the B&N Newt yesterday. It's my favorite of the variations of his Pop for this movie.

Stacy in IL

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:35 pm

I got the Thestral last weekend and it's such a great POP! Funko just always aces these Wizarding World beasts! POPs like the Occamy, Basilisk and Thestral are some of the best Funko has to offer!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

KandJ

Postby KandJ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:51 pm

That B&N newt is way cool!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:10 pm

I ordered the B&N Newt today, he's just too cool to pass up. I hope I can find the chase, but I definitely need to pick up the Michael's exclusive.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:36 am

saul_damascus wrote:The Barnes And Noble exclusive Newt is perfect.

I think I actually like the B&N Newt best out of the bunch!

Of course, I have to say that. Missed the initial release, so no chase for me - they just had to release on a work weekend for me! BAH!
Image ImageImage Image

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 pm

I didn’t think I was going to pick up anything from their line other than the Thestral but I found Chase Newt at HT today and couldn’t pass him up! This is my first Chase I’ve found at HT in almost 3 years of hunting there! :D
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:50 pm

I stopped by a Barnes & Noble today when I was out running errands and they finally put out the Pops. They didn’t have the exclusive yet but they did have the Chupacabra out so I was able to pick him up so my common set is complete. Now just to keep watch for the exclusives. I really want the Mooncalf, Newt w/ Postcard and the Fwooper - Funko Shop version, I am not really into the flocked ones - granted I will end up getting that one as well lol!

I am glad they added the beasts but I do hope we will get some of the new human characters - especially Credence. I would like the new version of Tina, and also Theseus, Leta and Nicholas Flammel.

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:29 pm

I'm really excited for this line especially the B&N exclusive and the flocked Fwooper. Hopefully more are announced for NYCC! I don't know why but I want something to GITD!
Funko Collector since 2012!
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:03 pm

MzTredecim wrote:I'm really excited for this line especially the B&N exclusive and the flocked Fwooper. Hopefully more are announced for NYCC! I don't know why but I want something to GITD!

The Matagot glows in the dark, well its eyes do since it is a black cat.

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
MzTredecim wrote:I'm really excited for this line especially the B&N exclusive and the flocked Fwooper. Hopefully more are announced for NYCC! I don't know why but I want something to GITD!

That's great to hear! I wanted either a GITD or Metallic version once I saw the glam. I need to hunt down a photo.
Collections: GITD / TWD / TMNTs / BTTF / Random Eye-Catchers / Mystery Minis & PSHs

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Avengers74 wrote:

Knowing that makes me much more likely to hunt one down, thanks! I do love me some GITD!
Image ImageImage Image

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:03 am

Avengers74 wrote:Now just to keep watch for the exclusives. I really want the Mooncalf, Newt w/ Postcard and the Fwooper - Funko Shop version, I am not really into the flocked ones - granted I will end up getting that one as well lol!

I'm with you there, I'm not big on flocked stuff, but I'm expecting to not be able to get the normal one so I'll have to settle for flocked... that's why I was wondering if I could scrub the flocking off lol

I know the Michaels one is going to be a pain in the butt though. I wish stores who don't know what they're doing wouldn't be allowed to get exclusives. Crazy.

MzTredecim

Postby MzTredecim » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:21 am

If anyone is still looking for Young Dumbledore and Pickett, they are $5 on walmart.com

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-POP-Mo ... /589037094

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Funko-POP-Mo ... /236875865

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:37 am

MY HT Chupacabra finally arrived today... and it had a massive stand in the bottom of the box. There are some Pops that don't have stands but should, and we get stands for stuff that still doesn't help, and yet this has a big one and it doesn't even need it lol

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:00 pm

I was finally able to find the Kohl’s Exclusive Flocked Fwooper today. I have been checking with the Kohl’s in my area and finally found a store that had some in stock - 2 to be exact, or at least what I was told.

To begin, I never shop at Kohl’s as there really isn’t one near me but I assumed that there were several stores since there are commercials on tv like crazy, but that was false. There are about 4-5 in the area but most are 20+ mikes for me to go to them. I went last weekend and the customer service rep was nice and checked not just their store but the ones in the area. No stock showing. They told me what day their get their shipments in and advised to call back then.

Just ahead one week. I decided to stop by one of the Kohl’s on my way home. Checked the toy area but nothing so I went to customer service. The lady recognized the item - I have the barcode with a picture - and said they had just received them in and that they sold out. I asked about checking other stores and she was a bit snotty saying “I already played that game” so I believed that there were none.

This morning I decided to try calling a couple of other stores. The first said they had not gotten their shipment in but would be getting 3 trucks the week after next and to try then. The next store I called showed 2 in stock and they sent someone to check. When they came back they advised they were not on the floor but in the shipment they were processing and to try in a day or so. Jump to later this afternoon, I decided to try going to the store to see if I would have any luck. I checked the toy area but nothing. There were 2 gentlemen setting up the Christmas display, so I asked if they could check to see if they had it in stock. As the one guy was scanning the barcode the other gentleman recognized what I was asking about and said he thought he knew where they were. He said that I was the 8th person to ask and he went to check the back. A few minutes later he returns with one advising it was the only one he could find but it was in perfect shape if I was a collector. Yay!

So I have checked another one off my list. Now down to the Funko Shop Fwooper, Walmart Mooncalf, Michael’s Newt w/ Postcard and the 10” Target Niffler. Next week I am ready to get to Target super early so I can check off the Niffler from my list. Man these retailer exclusives are getting harder and harder to find!

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Avengers74 wrote:I was finally able to find the Kohl’s Exclusive Flocked Fwooper today. I have been checking with the Kohl’s in my area and finally found a store that had some in stock - 2 to be exact, or at least what I was told.

To begin, I never shop at Kohl’s as there really isn’t one near me but I assumed that there were several stores since there are commercials on tv like crazy, but that was false. There are about 4-5 in the area but most are 20+ mikes for me to go to them. I went last weekend and the customer service rep was nice and checked not just their store but the ones in the area. No stock showing. They told me what day their get their shipments in and advised to call back then.

Just ahead one week. I decided to stop by one of the Kohl’s on my way home. Checked the toy area but nothing so I went to customer service. The lady recognized the item - I have the barcode with a picture - and said they had just received them in and that they sold out. I asked about checking other stores and she was a bit snotty saying “I already played that game” so I believed that there were none.

This morning I decided to try calling a couple of other stores. The first said they had not gotten their shipment in but would be getting 3 trucks the week after next and to try then. The next store I called showed 2 in stock and they sent someone to check. When they came back they advised they were not on the floor but in the shipment they were processing and to try in a day or so. Jump to later this afternoon, I decided to try going to the store to see if I would have any luck. I checked the toy area but nothing. There were 2 gentlemen setting up the Christmas display, so I asked if they could check to see if they had it in stock. As the one guy was scanning the barcode the other gentleman recognized what I was asking about and said he thought he knew where they were. He said that I was the 8th person to ask and he went to check the back. A few minutes later he returns with one advising it was the only one he could find but it was in perfect shape if I was a collector. Yay!

So I have checked another one off my list. Now down to the Funko Shop Fwooper, Walmart Mooncalf, Michael’s Newt w/ Postcard and the 10” Target Niffler. Next week I am ready to get to Target super early so I can check off the Niffler from my list. Man these retailer exclusives are getting harder and harder to find!

Just another example of why none of these stores deserve exclusives, but they pay Funko so Funko doesn't care what happens after that lol I have two 15-20 minutes away, in two directions from my house so I can't just swing by them and check... so I'll probably never get it, which I was hoping it would be easy because I doubt I'll be able to get the non-flocked version. I'm going to skip the Target Niffler. One random 10 inch Niffler would look weird next to all the small ones lol I still feel like since it is a totally new mold, it should have been a 4 inch and then make a "life size" version of it as well.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:54 pm

How many fwoopers were there? I know the flocked one was at khols. Was there one at the funko shop as well?

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Would like to get a flocked Fwooper but haven't had much luck at Kohls.

Return to “Pop!”