Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Azcat03

Re: Wizarding World - Hermione Patronus Otter Pop

Postby Azcat03 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
Azcat03 wrote:Did anyone get a confirmation email when they placed their order?

Yes. Check your spam/junk folder as mine showed up in there with both releases so far.

Thank you! Found it in the junk folder!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:31 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Congrats, glad you were able to get through today! Keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us!

And of course...good luck to all of us regarding shipping these!

I decided to wait until the common on this one. They shipped my stag patronus really poorly and it was a lot more expensive that just buying locally as a common.

That's no good, but it's a decision that makes perfect sense! Hoping lightning strikes twice for me - my stag patronus came in just fine, so I took the chance this morning with our otter! We'll see what happens though - crossing my fingers for all of us risking our pops in this round!

I wonder how long the period will be between pre-release and release? We haven't heard about the common pops hitting stores yet, have we?

The Patronus Stag POP showed up last month at Barnes & Noble. The back of the common box has just the Stag Patronus on it, no other Pops.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
Congrats, glad you were able to get through today! Keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us!

And of course...good luck to all of us regarding shipping these!

I decided to wait until the common on this one. They shipped my stag patronus really poorly and it was a lot more expensive that just buying locally as a common.

That's no good, but it's a decision that makes perfect sense! Hoping lightning strikes twice for me - my stag patronus came in just fine, so I took the chance this morning with our otter! We'll see what happens though - crossing my fingers for all of us risking our pops in this round!

I wonder how long the period will be between pre-release and release? We haven't heard about the common pops hitting stores yet, have we?

In my local stores I saw the stag two weeks after my preorder showed up.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:01 pm

digithor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:
Ugh I want this but also know a glow in the dark will be coming. Not sure if I should wait or not...

It would be cool to see them glow but as a completist, it doesn't really matter to me. I never see my glows anyway since you have to charge them every time you want to see them glow.

You can always have a black light near them, most light up nicely with that.

I should give that a try.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:16 pm

TheStephil wrote:
digithor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
It would be cool to see them glow but as a completist, it doesn't really matter to me. I never see my glows anyway since you have to charge them every time you want to see them glow.

Glow is life though Steph! haha I'm just kidding I prefer the look of non glows in the day time but something about know it can glow always excites me. I blame the kid in me

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:45 pm

Killua916 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
digithor wrote:

Glow is life though Steph! haha I'm just kidding I prefer the look of non glows in the day time but something about know it can glow always excites me. I blame the kid in me

Glow is a nice touch but it doesn’t make or break a pop for me.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:49 am

Got my shipping notification yesterday, should be here soon! Looking forward to getting this one next to Prongs!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:51 am

Avengers74 wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

The Patronus Stag POP showed up last month at Barnes & Noble. The back of the common box has just the Stag Patronus on it, no other Pops.

That's not too bad of a wait. Glad to hear that everyone holding out won't have too long before they bring hope their otters!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:52 am

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

So...shipping drama and sticker, or 2 week delay to buy it in store. That's hardly even a wait!
Image ImageImage Image

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:46 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

So...shipping drama and sticker, or 2 week delay to buy it in store. That's hardly even a wait!

I’m sure it does depend on where you live too. Us West Coasters are a bit spoiled and get stuff a bit earlier.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:47 am

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

Also sorry but I don’t think that sticker is very appealing lol
I displayed my stag out of box and the otter is going right next to him.
Hi, I’m Steph.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:08 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

So how does this work? Is this just a pre-release that has a special sticker before the full release as a common.
Collecting since 2014

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Katers wrote:
magicalme wrote:Had to get this one for my Harry Potter collection but DANG that shipping!! OUCH!

Right? We are absolutely taking a hit on the shipping. The things we do for those special stickers!

I know! I probably should have waited but... lol
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:47 pm

Love it, but not entirely sure I want to continue on with the HP line!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:17 am

TheStephil wrote:I’m sure it does depend on where you live too. Us West Coasters are a bit spoiled and get stuff a bit earlier.

Also sorry but I don’t think that sticker is very appealing lol I displayed my stag out of box and the otter is going right next to him.

It's always nice when that happens! I'm really surprised when something hits the East coast first, I kinda feel betrayed!

I admit, I was expecting something a bit more...magical...for the sticker. But ever since I missed out on the Neville pre-release, it's a must have for me. We all cope with our traumas in different ways! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:18 am

magicalme wrote:
Katers wrote:
magicalme wrote:Had to get this one for my Harry Potter collection but DANG that shipping!! OUCH!

Right? We are absolutely taking a hit on the shipping. The things we do for those special stickers!

Waiting is for people who have patience, which we have established...is not us! lol
Image ImageImage Image

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:25 pm

Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:Sooooooo cute, i really can't wait until they make GITD versions once they finish this initial common version wave

GITD or bust! it will look amazing

I bet we get some GITD with the upcoming conventions this year! They did that with the ghost figures, last that I can think of!

I can only hope!! :D

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:36 pm

jadekitten wrote:
Katers wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

GITD or bust! it will look amazing

I bet we get some GITD with the upcoming conventions this year! They did that with the ghost figures, last that I can think of!

Yeah classic funko drop all the commons then hit with glow.

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:00 pm

Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Katers wrote:

Exactly, just gotta be patient. [-o<

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Katers wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I’m sure it does depend on where you live too. Us West Coasters are a bit spoiled and get stuff a bit earlier.

Also sorry but I don’t think that sticker is very appealing lol I displayed my stag out of box and the otter is going right next to him.

It's always nice when that happens! I'm really surprised when something hits the East coast first, I kinda feel betrayed!

I admit, I was expecting something a bit more...magical...for the sticker. But ever since I missed out on the Neville pre-release, it's a must have for me. We all cope with our traumas in different ways! lol

Haha, I totally understand that.
Hi, I’m Steph.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Katers wrote:
magicalme wrote:
Katers wrote:

Waiting is for people who have patience, which we have established...is not us! lol

What Funko collectors aren't patient? This is news to me *sarcasm* lol
Hi, I’m Steph.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:26 pm

jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

Yeah they're dropping too much its easier to wait now! Gotta be strong!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:31 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Katers wrote:

So how does this work? Is this just a pre-release that has a special sticker before the full release as a common.

Besides the sticker the box itself is different. On the Wizarding World exclusives the back of the box has the magical key that you scan with the App for bonus content. On the common release packaging they replace the magical key with a picture of the Pop.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:26 am

Avengers74 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Besides the sticker the box itself is different. On the Wizarding World exclusives the back of the box has the magical key that you scan with the App for bonus content. On the common release packaging they replace the magical key with a picture of the Pop.

That is intriguing, I think that a different design in the box would be more important than the sticker for us in box collectors. I also like the idea because you know that sticker to that box is legit.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Avengers74 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

That's a very good point. I forgot the back of the box was different. I hadn't looked too hard at the common Patronus when it came out.
Hi, I’m Steph.

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:11 pm

Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Too True! It's so hard to be patient though :( :albino:

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Any idea when this will come out as a regular release? Haven't heard anything yet on my end, was hoping I might've just missed the news.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:22 pm

jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

Yeah especially it’s something you like how you feel about todays eccc drops?

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:24 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:Any idea when this will come out as a regular release? Haven't heard anything yet on my end, was hoping I might've just missed the news.

They haven't said but I'd expect late February/early March. That's my guess anyway.
Hi, I’m Steph.

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:27 pm

Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Lackluster for me so far. I like the harry potter pops, but i'm more into collecting the beasts/creatures. hbu?

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:27 pm

TheStephil wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:Any idea when this will come out as a regular release? Haven't heard anything yet on my end, was hoping I might've just missed the news.

They haven't said but I'd expect late February/early March. That's my guess anyway.

Hope it's soon. I remember the Overwatch Tracer had a Blizzcon early release, then the regular release was just a few weeks after that.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:50 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Hope it's soon. I remember the Overwatch Tracer had a Blizzcon early release, then the regular release was just a few weeks after that.

That sounds about right, just as long as it isn't an early release from sdcc. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:59 pm

jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

Lackluster for me so far. I like the harry potter pops, but i'm more into collecting the beasts/creatures. hbu?

I would cry pop tears if they release snapes patronus

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:01 pm

Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised if they do. Its such an iconic patronus and a big part of the last movies. I hope they make it a convention exclusive.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

I wouldnt be surprised if they do. Its such an iconic patronus and a big part of the last movies. I hope they make it a convention exclusive.

you already know what I want it to do LOL I'm not gonna say it

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I really hope that they do Snape’s Doe Patronus! That one is a definite must have. Wizarding World did say that Ron’s would be the last one so seeing it as a convention exclusive would be a good bet. If not a different retailer exclusive.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Brizzo wrote:1. Cool.

2. Please tell me I'm not the only one that got suuuuuuper confused by the thread title. Lol

Nope, I thought I was opening a discussion about an HP Ad Icons cross over.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:40 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
shadow and flame wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:Love seeing more Patronus Pop!s, I just hope they reveal glow variants soon. All-over glows are so pretty.

I hope the glows are coming, I can see them as con exclusives.

Me too! A little too much blue for ECCC...but perhaps SDCC?

I agree with that and I would love to see these glow. Hopefully we will see them soon. It wouldn’t shock me to see them as store exclusives also.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:48 am

Avengers74 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
jadekitten wrote:

I really hope that they do Snape’s Doe Patronus! That one is a definite must have. Wizarding World did say that Ron’s would be the last one so seeing it as a convention exclusive would be a good bet. If not a different retailer exclusive.

I could definitely see this being a convention exclusive! Hopefully GITD? ;-)

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:44 pm

Its like a large mystery mini lol
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Return to “Pop!”