pops added to vault today

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
War19872002

Re: pops added to vault today

Postby War19872002 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Xeverus86 wrote:they just vaulted Tenya from my hero academia OH NO good thing I buy everything right when it comes out

Haha i wish I had bought it now when it first came out :(

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Stush wrote:Does anyone know how they decide which ones get vaulted? My apologies if it was mentioned earlier but after a quick scan I didn't see it. Thanks.

I’m not entirely sure myself but based on some patterns it’s mostly based on the popularity of the specific character/line

I would imagine it usually has something to do with the terms of their license agreements.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:59 pm

At least they don't vault like Disney movies. Collectors would be up in arms if every few years an old one was released from the vault. That said, I guess they sort of do the same thing. Disney always releases movies from the vault with some changes ("first time in digital", "now in 4K", "includes behind the scenes interview with the crocodile that ate Captain Hook's hand!"), and Funko just changes a few things like with the Cereal Monsters ad icons last week ("Count Chocula eating Count Chocula!"). Just wait until Count Chocula is released again with him holding a small Count Chocula which is eating Count Chocula. ;)
Poppin'

Stush

Postby Stush » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Stush wrote:Does anyone know how they decide which ones get vaulted? My apologies if it was mentioned earlier but after a quick scan I didn't see it. Thanks.

I’m not entirely sure myself but based on some patterns it’s mostly based on the popularity of the specific character/line

OK, makes sense, thanks!
Last edited by Stush on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stush

Postby Stush » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:

OK, makes sense, thanks!

Stush

Postby Stush » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:33 pm

bakivali wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

I would imagine it usually has something to do with the terms of their license agreements.

That makes sense as well. How long do you thing the average Pop stays available before it's vaulted? Again, I guess it depends on it's popularity and license agreement. That being said it just seems like some are out for a long time and others go away fairly fast. Hence the confusion with vaulted items.

Ericsaewha

Postby Ericsaewha » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 pm

finally vaulted the ol young frank huh

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Ericsaewha wrote:finally vaulted the ol young frank huh

about time lol
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:31 pm

War19872002 wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:they just vaulted Tenya from my hero academia OH NO good thing I buy everything right when it comes out

wow, first I heard of this. Better look for one before price spikes
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:35 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
War19872002 wrote:

Yeah I made the same mistake of not buying it before the vault. Ended up buying a bundle from Popcultcha (not sure if it's still in stock)

Hopefully it eventually comes through

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 am

I never saw the step brother pops at all :(

Jonny0boy

Postby Jonny0boy » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:26 pm

War19872002 wrote:
Jonny0boy wrote:Is it true they vaulted/cancel new predator line?

This part has been so confusing

Totally agree. Need find out more detail about it
i'm Jon and I am Hard of hearing
Been collecting since my first con at ECCC 2017
Funko Pops- 1,275

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Stush wrote:
bakivali wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

That makes sense as well. How long do you thing the average Pop stays available before it's vaulted? Again, I guess it depends on it's popularity and license agreement. That being said it just seems like some are out for a long time and others go away fairly fast. Hence the confusion with vaulted items.

I think there's also a difference between officially vaulting a Pop, and just not making/distributing more of them. They may have some agreements that they could pick up the mold and produce them again if they wanted to, but maybe they factor in popularity/sales figures to see if it's worth it.

Stush

Postby Stush » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Good point! I agree, there probably is a difference. Popularity I would think is a huge factor for sure.

WarHmongHer

Postby WarHmongHer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:57 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
War19872002 wrote:

Wow, that x-men proto set is pure fire! You can send some to my house to help cool it down. Lol

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:18 pm

bspears82 wrote:I never saw the step brother pops at all :(
I saw these at a local trade show and wanted to buy but box was very damaged :(
Funatic of all things Funko!!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:36 pm

I wish I could know what pops are being vaulted. That would be EXCELLENt - I think that Funko doesn't give people a heads up on that because it may contribute to flippers priority.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:16 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I wish I could know what pops are being vaulted. That would be EXCELLENt - I think that Funko doesn't give people a heads up on that because it may contribute to flippers priority.

Vaulting in general already does that lol

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:10 am

kevin87 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I wish I could know what pops are being vaulted. That would be EXCELLENt - I think that Funko doesn't give people a heads up on that because it may contribute to flippers priority.

I feel most flippers are in it for a quick flip. Cashing in on hype and people who panic after initial sell outs. A pop can vault and take months to increase in value. I don’t think flippers play that waiting game so often.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:25 pm

Theo718 wrote:
kevin87 wrote:

I feel most flippers are in it for a quick flip. Cashing in on hype and people who panic after initial sell outs. A pop can vault and take months to increase in value. I don’t think flippers play that waiting game so often.

This is true but a lot of flippers are very strategic. I mean me even as a collector I'm strategic. I collect multiple lines - if I do hear that something I have been waiting on for a while and procrastinate with is going to vault. I jump on the opportunity to collect it before it vaults. So this basically causes the collectors and the flippers to go for the same object which is why if it is a popular pop it spikes in value. There has been pops that I thought would spike like crazy when they vaulted that have not spiked though.. for instance Sebastian off of the little mermaid collection. That crab is INSANELY popular. I don't know why it didn't go to the sky lol
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

nyraza

Postby nyraza » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Honestly surprised Funko doesnt vault more often. I mean if they began vaulting, the items that hit clearance would be selling out instead. Vaulting actually does make collects get the urge to finally purchase. There are a few I still need but rather wait and find a trade or something on low clearance

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:37 pm

nyraza wrote:Honestly surprised Funko doesnt vault more often. I mean if they began vaulting, the items that hit clearance would be selling out instead. Vaulting actually does make collects get the urge to finally purchase. There are a few I still need but rather wait and find a trade or something on low clearance

It's probably a new thing that they're trying out, especially since they've grown so big over the past few years. If they don't officially vault figures they can easily bring them back which gives them different opportunities

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:57 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
nyraza wrote:Honestly surprised Funko doesnt vault more often. I mean if they began vaulting, the items that hit clearance would be selling out instead. Vaulting actually does make collects get the urge to finally purchase. There are a few I still need but rather wait and find a trade or something on low clearance

It's probably a new thing that they're trying out, especially since they've grown so big over the past few years. If they don't officially vault figures they can easily bring them back which gives them different opportunities

I think they hold off on vaulting because it then inflates the value of items of products that people may not really want/creates a bubble that Funko may not want to create.

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:10 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:

This is plausible. I've been seeing HT restock a lot of old exclusives. I wonder if it's because Funko made more or they had extra in the warehouse.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:43 am

theoneupper02 wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

This is plausible. I've been seeing HT restock a lot of old exclusives. I wonder if it's because Funko made more or they had extra in the warehouse.

It’s hard to imagine that they would have several hundred of a certain pop just lying around somewhere so I think it’s safe to assume that these are actual restocks

Return to “Pop!”