More MOTU?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
methodsmadness

Re: More MOTU?

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:49 pm

Came across that "rumor" also - pretty bummed if it is true. MOTU is the only line I collect anymore and they still haven't made one of my favorites - Zodac. Here's hoping it is not true!
:violent3:
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Still no MOTU reveal for ECCC? If it doesn't happen guess it's safe to assume the rumor was false.
ImageImage

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:44 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:I'm curious when we will see more MOTU? I'm hoping to see new molds of He-Man and Skeletor as well as new Heroic and Evil Warriors! The possibilities are endless!

I guess she is actually more from She-Ra, but could Catra get some love? I would like Adora as well;)
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:56 pm

ejcurtis115 wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:I'm curious when we will see more MOTU? I'm hoping to see new molds of He-Man and Skeletor as well as new Heroic and Evil Warriors! The possibilities are endless!

I guess she is actually more from She-Ra, but could Catra get some love? I would like Adora as well;)

I’m sure they would have to do an entire she ra line
:freddy1:

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:19 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:
ejcurtis115 wrote:

I’m sure they would have to do an entire she ra line

That would be great! They had She-Ra years ago. She is due for a new line:)
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:44 pm

terscotland wrote:Will be very disappointing if there are no more MOTU Pops. By far my favourite line.

Excited about Buzz-Off though if the rumours are true.

He was one of my favorite figures back when I was a kid. No idea why. Maybe it was the wings? Whatever. He was awesome!
I be Chris

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:21 am

Btrfly06 wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
While I hope this is all a rumor...one of the original figures in the vintage line is called “Buzzsaw Hordak.”

agreed seems very sketchy =;

In agreement that we hope this is all a hoax. My husband loves the MOTU and Thundercats lines! They cant pull those!

Ya I'm thinking it's all a hoax as well =;
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:00 pm

I think people are just trying to come up with reasons why we haven't seen any new MOTU pops in awhile. Hopefully it isn't a hoax and more so that Funko is taking time to design the next awesome wave!

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Source of MOTU license cancellation is some random guy so its probably a hoax.
ImageImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Classier wrote:
wash2366 wrote:
bspears82 wrote:Cant wait to see which character the come out with next. My favorite line by far.

Saw a Facebook post that is spreading rumors that Funko lost MOTU license over Savage line. :( Who knows if it's true.

I think it’s made up. They said that the last character Funko would drop would be “Buzzsaw”... There is no MOTU character named Buzzsaw. Also, there is a Thundercats line of Savage World. Thundercats are owned by Mattel, who also own MOTU. If Mattel approved a line of Thundercats figures for Savage World, it would make no sense for them to be upset with its existence, especially upset enough to revoke Funko’s MOTU license over it. I don’t know, it just reeks of “fake” to me.

However there is indeed a "Buzz Saw Hordak" <- Just to play the devil's advocate.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

terscotland

Postby terscotland » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:27 am

methodsmadness wrote:I think people are just trying to come up with reasons why we haven't seen any new MOTU pops in awhile. Hopefully it isn't a hoax and more so that Funko is taking time to design the next awesome wave!

I don't think the second wave have generally sold too well. It's very easy to pick up (in the UK anyway) the general pops like Battle Armor He-Man/Skeletor, Orko, Merman, Stratos and Beast Man very cheap.

It's the likes of Moss Man, Faker, Man at Arms, Trap Jaw (both colours) and flocked Beast Man that are difficult to find. Ram Man and Stinkor convention exclusives were difficult at the start (especially Ram Man) but Stinkor eventually was readily available. The Metallic Skeletor is even available (with a T-Shirt bundle)

Also got the Merman chase for £15 on ebay. :D

That's why I think if there are any more MOTU in the future then they'll be convention specials like Ram Man and Stinkor, which is a shame but will no doubt guarantee a volume of sales due to the apparent "rarity"

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:57 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Classier wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

Saw a Facebook post that is spreading rumors that Funko lost MOTU license over Savage line. :( Who knows if it's true.

I think it’s made up. They said that the last character Funko would drop would be “Buzzsaw”... There is no MOTU character named Buzzsaw. Also, there is a Thundercats line of Savage World. Thundercats are owned by Mattel, who also own MOTU. If Mattel approved a line of Thundercats figures for Savage World, it would make no sense for them to be upset with its existence, especially upset enough to revoke Funko’s MOTU license over it. I don’t know, it just reeks of “fake” to me.

However there is indeed a "Buzz Saw Hordak" <- Just to play the devil's advocate.

I could also see someone writing “Buzzoff” and their phone autocorrecting to “Buzzsaw” maybe, but I’m thinking it’s just a dumb rumor. Hopefully at least.
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:28 am

Let's hope the license cancellation is a hoax!

kappait

Postby kappait » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:09 pm

With pop places. Let's hope for Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:09 pm

I just want more characters, not as many variants. I really want to see anti-eternia he-man, though.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:10 pm

I just want more characters, not as many variants. I really want to see anti-eternia he-man, though.

mrclark2010

Postby mrclark2010 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:22 am

So guys.....have you seen the Buzz-Off funko pop this morning? Eccc exclusive?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26 am

mrclark2010 wrote:So guys.....have you seen the Buzz-Off funko pop this morning? Eccc exclusive?

I'm curious if it's still going to be released. It would be really strange for Funko not to announce one of their exclusives and then poof it just shows up at ECCC. Maybe there is more to the license rumor from a few weeks ago.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

stevedawg85_funko

Postby stevedawg85_funko » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:46 am

Hoping we see some MOTU SDCC items, Give me more flocked MOTU

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:29 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mrclark2010 wrote:So guys.....have you seen the Buzz-Off funko pop this morning? Eccc exclusive?

I'm curious if it's still going to be released. It would be really strange for Funko not to announce one of their exclusives and then poof it just shows up at ECCC. Maybe there is more to the license rumor from a few weeks ago.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. It’s just weird. REALLY hope the rumors aren’t true or if they are that this situation gets cleared up soon. We NEED more MOTU stuff!!!
ImageImage

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:43 pm

It seemed like a silly rumour to me (that they'd lose the license over the Savage World stuff)... but this is weird. I'm hoping it gets released but not that it's the last one! :eek:
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:35 pm

Getting worried about that rumor - heard it was going to be a SDCC exclusive but because of the licensing situation, they bumped it up to ECCC (hence the lack of announcement)...

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:39 pm

[-o< hope is just a rumor !!
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Indy Viper wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking. It’s just weird. REALLY hope the rumors aren’t true or if they are that this situation gets cleared up soon. We NEED more MOTU stuff!!!

I agree! Really hope everything is figured out and we can continue to have MOTU pops
Zach or Fisch

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:24 pm

I'm so used to things not getting announced then when pics pop up we get hyped thinking they'll be available at a certain continue only to be disappointed when it shows up months later at another..IronMan Geoffrey ring a bell
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:03 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Getting worried about that rumor - heard it was going to be a SDCC exclusive but because of the licensing situation, they bumped it up to ECCC (hence the lack of announcement)...

This was my thought as well. This definitely had a "SDCC Toy Tokyo Exclusive" feel to it. Not ECCC.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

3Dean

Postby 3Dean » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:16 pm

Another call for Teela! I really want to see the line continue, but we really need Teela! I'd like her toy design with the snake headdress and the cartoon design without the headdress.

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:28 pm

At the very least, we still need Teela, Tri-clops, and classic He-man & Skeletor riding Battle Cat & Panthor.

I could live if we don’t get any others past those, but without them, the collection would definitely very really lacking to me.

But I’ll take whatever we can get.
ImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:37 pm

Saw a photo of the ECCC POP! today. Really bummed that it appears the MOTU license is going bye bye.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:55 pm

I'm sad if everything is true.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Getting worried about that rumor - heard it was going to be a SDCC exclusive but because of the licensing situation, they bumped it up to ECCC (hence the lack of announcement)...

That's interesting and kinda makes sense. I'm hoping it's just a rumor, but more and more folks are saying it's true. I just wish we had some kind of confirmation one way or another :(

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Boymom4 wrote:

That's interesting and kinda makes sense. I'm hoping it's just a rumor, but more and more folks are saying it's true. I just wish we had some kind of confirmation one way or another :(

^^^ same here!! I really hope its a rumor. That Buzz Off is killer. I have to have it!!

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:18 pm

Hopefully just a rumor or a minor setback that can be worked through by the powers that be..really hoping for more from this line! And def will be trying for that Buzz Off if it indeed becoames available!

sidenote I finalllly just scored my Gemini Skeletor to so Im pretty happy! :)

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Boymom4 wrote:

I wish the same, I was excited to see him, but was like hmmm about that rumor. I really hope it is just that and like you just want to know!
Last edited by DFWFunkoHunter on Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 pm

Brutesquad wrote:Hopefully just a rumor or a minor setback that can be worked through by the powers that be..really hoping for more from this line! And def will be trying for that Buzz Off if it indeed becoames available!

Yes, we’ll be trying for buzz off too, lol, congrats on getting Gemini skeletor.i know you’re relieved, hahah. It took me many tries but I finally got him too.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:39 pm

Brutesquad wrote:Hopefully just a rumor or a minor setback that can be worked through by the powers that be..really hoping for more from this line! And def will be trying for that Buzz Off if it indeed becoames available!

Congrats on the Skeletor! Gemini milked it for what it's worth, saw that you could buy two at a time now..but I'm happy it helped out all the collectors! Can't wait to see a Funko preview of Buzz Off!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:54 pm

tgltuz wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I wish the same, I was excited to see him, but was like hmmm about that rumor. I really hope it is just that and like you just want to know!

I was wondering why I didn't see this during the other ECCC reveals. Now it make sense...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:55 pm

tgltuz wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

This rumor reminds me a bit about the Pennywise chase situation a while back. Eventually everything got sorted out :)
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

terscotland

Postby terscotland » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:20 am

Hopefully there aren't any problems and we'll get the chance to buy Buzz Off

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:53 am

Buzz Off might be the last MOTU ever! Nooooo

Return to “Pop!”