Baskin Robbins Exclusive Steve?!?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
grandpa_stern

Re: 31 Flavors Stranger Things Price Gouging!??!

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Wow! I hadn't heard about the price gouging! Walked into a local Baskins today, saw one Steve, asked for him, paid my 14 after taxes and walked. I love him!
I'm Josh

grandpa_stern

Re: Baskin Robbins Exclusive Steve?!?

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:44 pm

I just got mine in Phoenix. 12.99, seemed to be the last one.
I'm Josh

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm

I had a friend grab me one for $14. The prices varied all over the place here as well. Also same store who said they weren’t getting them had 20 :( All in all I’m happy but there’s a ton of upset people. That’s this collecting game tho hasn’t changed in the last 5ish years that I’ve seen.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:49 pm

Well the store I’ve been asking for 2 weeks got about 20 after they told me they weren’t getting them. Luckily I had a friend grab me one after I gave up. Craziness man.

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:54 pm

I stopped by to Torrance location near me and they were selling em for $15.99 1/ person and no required purchase. Twitter has been showing receipts for 29.99, up to 40, I think. That's way too much.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:57 pm

Wow!! What is up with all these different prices? I went to a BR near my job and they had 4 left. The kid behind yhe counter said one guy came in and bought two. They were selling only the Pop! For $20 each. I bought two. There sticker packages were $5 for one set and around $10 for the other. No shirts tho. Surprisingly the boxes were in good shape.

PirataJ

Postby PirataJ » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Checked closest store 2 weeks ago and they called the manager to find out. Manager comes out and tells me he had sold 4 the day before and then stopped when told items are not to be sold until June 1st and that he tells me he is in big trouble for selling them anyways tells me to come at 4am on June 1st. Come June 1st, Show up and nothing...employee calls someone on the phone and tells me to show up at 10am and also does not know why previous manager told me to come at 4am and that he no longer works there for selling the pops that day and "regional manager" took the merchandise with him and will be back to setup. Came back at 9am (because you can take their word) then they asked shift manager and was told items not in system to come back at 1pm. Long story short got it at another store and scored 2 in mint condition! Did not go back and I bet this was all setting up for the price gouging.

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:00 pm

SithLord wrote:Wow!! What is up with all these different prices? I went to a BR near my job and they had 4 left. The kid behind yhe counter said one guy came in and bought two. They were selling only the Pop! For $20 each. I bought two. There sticker packages were $5 for one set and around $10 for the other. No shirts tho. Surprisingly the boxes were in good shape.

It’s crazy how much the price of the pop varies depending on the store.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Some of my local stores had them for 12.99 and others for )30, it’s just crazy how it varies per store.
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Just got told that a guy who went in after me got told he had to bundle with some stickers. This is so dang random.
I'm Josh

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:04 pm

It's like lord of the flies. Total chaos! Cats and dogs living together! Mass hysteria! If they had told me anything other than 12.99 I would have turned around and walked.
I'm Josh

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:08 pm

The store near me had only two people in line with 5 minutes to go before opening, which was a huge surprise to me. I expected way more because seriously every time there's a significant Pop release, the stores in this area are jam packed with flippers who bring extremely young children and even their baby in a stroller that all "need one too"

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:09 pm

I was lucky enough to grab one today at the BR only 5 mins away from my house. I stopped by yesterday and they said they hadn't received it in, however to check back tomorrow. I was planning on driving to another location (30 mins away) that I knew had them, but wasn't putting them out until today and they told me the cost would be $15.99. I decided to just stop by the closest one to my house and luckily they had gotten in 6. They were limiting it to 1 per customer and charging exactly what they are suppose to be charging the $12.99. They also had the shirts for $16.99, so I had to grab one of those too.
I think it's absolutely ridiculous that the different locations can charge whatever they want. It just proves how much the Funko game has changed...the hype has gotten the best of a lot of folks unfortunately.

kingdingdong

Postby kingdingdong » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:16 pm

ssmart619 wrote:I was able to get one for 24.99 here in San Diego, the experience was great and I am glad I am fortunate to pick one up. I called around and the one place that had them for 14.99 had already sold out shortly after open...as I walk up to a different BR some folks were chatting with pops in hand and when I mentioned the 14.99 store they pointed to the guy in the car with a Lyft sticker parked in front they were chatting with, who then flashed his box full of Steve's. The other stores have em for 24.99, 29.99, 34.99.

Sounds about right with San Diego cost of living..

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:17 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:The store near me had only two people in line with 5 minutes to go before opening, which was a huge surprise to me. I expected way more because seriously every time there's a significant Pop release, the stores in this area are jam packed with flippers who bring extremely young children and even their baby in a stroller that all "need one too"

Man, I feel super lucky. A guy in my facebook Funko support group posted that he had gotten one at 1pm. I asked if they had more and he said yes. I sped over, grabbed what I thought was the last one for MSRP, and came home. Then I saw these posts and the guy told me after me they brought more out and were enforcing a bundle policy. I wonder if there's really any singular policy between them all or just "do what you want." I'm betting "do what you want."
I'm Josh

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:The store near me had only two people in line with 5 minutes to go before opening, which was a huge surprise to me. I expected way more because seriously every time there's a significant Pop release, the stores in this area are jam packed with flippers who bring extremely young children and even their baby in a stroller that all "need one too"

Man, I feel super lucky. A guy in my facebook Funko support group posted that he had gotten one at 1pm. I asked if they had more and he said yes. I sped over, grabbed what I thought was the last one for MSRP, and came home. Then I saw these posts and the guy told me after me they brought more out and were enforcing a bundle policy. I wonder if there's really any singular policy between them all or just "do what you want." I'm betting "do what you want."

Franchised ones are probably the latter, yeah. Corporate-owned locations (if any) would almost certainly be msrp

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:26 pm

I've heard about some stores being different by a few bucks, but nothing like that. Not sure what authority each store was given with pricing etc...you have so assume that almost every profession/store has someone w Funko knowledge and they'll try to maximize profits.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:36 pm

I only collect dustin from stranger things so i passed but i definitely felt the eruptions of dissatisfaction in the community because apparently every baskin robbins was pricing them differently contingent on who the franchise owner was. Thats kinda terrible. There should be continuity across the board.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:40 pm

Our experience was very pleasant, the owner that had told my husband he would hold one stuck to his word. We got to the store at opening I was surprise that no one was there waiting. Bought it for 12.99 and left. The pop looks great in person. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:43 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:Just got told that a guy who went in after me got told he had to bundle with some stickers. This is so dang random.

No one is buying the stickers so they have to do something to move them.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:44 pm

lavery01 wrote:Our experience was very pleasant, the owner that had told my husband he would hold one stuck to his word. We got to the store at opening I was surprise that no one was there waiting. Bought it for 12.99 and left. The pop looks great in person. lol

I'm a sucker for a happy ending! Gratz! :freddy2:
I'm Josh

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Yeah it’s pretty messed up that some BR owners are trying to capitalize from this pop and charge insane prices. I’m glad that we were able to get it for the listed retail price of 12.99. Maybe BR shouldn’t get anymore pops in the future????
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:53 pm

Doesn't seem to be all that difficult to find at least.
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 pm

Other than the price gouging, Baskin Robbins managed to have a better pop release than AT&T. Never in my life did I think I would say that :eek: Its very sad and depressing when an ice cream shop releases a pop better than a retail store like AT&T...

GettingSodas

Postby GettingSodas » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:07 pm

All I can say is WOW
Been collecting Funko since 2015!

ISO: Marvel Comic Protos

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:09 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:Other than the price gouging, Baskin Robbins managed to have a better pop release than AT&T. Never in my life did I think I would say that :eek: Its very sad and depressing when an ice cream shop releases a pop better than a retail store like AT&T...

I agree, way better than AT&T and I may be a bit bias since I didn't get the knight king. lol lol lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:11 pm

I got mine for $20. Better than eBay, I guess.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:14 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:Other than the price gouging, Baskin Robbins managed to have a better pop release than AT&T. Never in my life did I think I would say that :eek: Its very sad and depressing when an ice cream shop releases a pop better than a retail store like AT&T...

I agree, way better than AT&T and I may be a bit bias since I didn't get the knight king. lol lol lol

I didnt get the Night King either, so I got a bit of a bias too lol But at least BR kept on their promise of releasing it on the day they said they would :-/

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Stop by after work. Was able to get one for $12.99, but I had to buy something else. Which wasn't an issue since I wanted an ice cream anyways

Jwbaseketball

Postby Jwbaseketball » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Jwbaseketball wrote:Definitely checking it out tomorrow. Our store still doesn’t know anything about them

Good luck! I have to take my son tomorrow morning to pick one up. He is a huge Stranger Things collector.

Good luck to you! We were able to get one thanks to some help from a fellow funatic!
Jordon

Iron Man, Captain America, LOTR/Hobbit Fanatic.

mrchadv

Postby mrchadv » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:07 pm

Thankfully I was able to get USS Butterscotch Steve for $12.99. I think it sucks some are charging so much.

Chad V
IG: http://instagram.com/milehighpophunter
Twitter: @milehighpophunt

ImageImage

ImageImage

post31

Postby post31 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:26 pm

I paid 32 for mine. Honestly at that price I was hoping to get stickers and a shirt. Or at least the pop and the shirt. Oh well that’s life at least I got my pop with the 31 sticker on it.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

hawkman2

Postby hawkman2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:32 pm

I tried 2 locations both were asking $29.99 each, and most places were $16.99 but sold out. There' should be a price set for these, and not whatever the owned sells for to make a rip off amount, for that I could buy on ebay and have it delivered. These are second hand prices, but from the first hand seller.

Hirokus_bane

Postby Hirokus_bane » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:33 pm

My wife just went by one store and they were changing 25$. Such BS

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:34 pm

post31 wrote:I paid 32 for mine. Honestly at that price I was hoping to get stickers and a shirt. Or at least the pop and the shirt. Oh well that’s life at least I got my pop with the 31 sticker on it.

I saw somewhere the stickers and shirt pop combo was $80!

Refresh_Add_To_Cart

Postby Refresh_Add_To_Cart » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:35 pm

I am happy folks who are into this pop are out hunting, but is anyone else tired of this pops hype yet???

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Refresh_Add_To_Cart wrote:I am happy folks who are into this pop are out hunting, but is anyone else tired of this pops hype yet???

Nah, still into the hype.
I'm Josh

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:01 pm

Also, did the other thread get nuked? lol
I'm Josh

GusGus

Postby GusGus » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:25 pm

^the Funatics Helping Fanatics thread also disappeared?

Kingwolfdaddy

Postby Kingwolfdaddy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 pm

I had a friend buy one this morning at $12.99. Went to the same store later and they raised the price to $24.99. Crazy that they can just do whatever they want and they aren't the same for all the stores.

Return to “Pop!”