More MOTU?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Xeverus86

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Xeverus86 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:24 am

Rantt wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
Rantt wrote:Didn't manage to get from gemini.. Too fast oos! Now trying to get from fye..

was able to get off FYE even though it was awful, but is it true it will be the last motu pop?

So far I heard its a rumors but no matter what I will still get them as I'm a huge fan of Motu especially Skeletor!

Yuuuup I don't want this to be the end
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:19 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Was very lucky, I ordered Buzz from Gemini this morning. My husband really wanted the eccc sticker one. He’s very happy now.

Congrats. Your husband is a lucky guy...

Awesome, I'm jealous. Buzz is a really cool pop

This thread has me looking at ebay...

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:55 pm

runtodere wrote:
lavery01 wrote:Was very lucky, I ordered Buzz from Gemini this morning. My husband really wanted the eccc sticker one. He’s very happy now.

Congrats. Your husband is a lucky guy...

Thank you! lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 am

Xeverus86 wrote:
Rantt wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:was able to get off FYE even though it was awful, but is it true it will be the last motu pop?

So far I heard its a rumors but no matter what I will still get them as I'm a huge fan of Motu especially Skeletor!

Yuuuup I don't want this to be the end

Me too... So many possibilities of pops to be done and Motu is my very first childhood TV cartoonsi ever love n watched when I was young!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:06 am

Jennyboooh wrote:I got one last night he's so cute

Wow congrats!!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 am

runtodere wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
runtodere wrote:Congrats. Your husband is a lucky guy...

I looked at the prices glad I got one at retail :D
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:41 am

So crazy the difference between the eccc sticker and the regular. But from experience, a little patience will bring the prices closer together

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:53 pm

So glad i was able to get mine from FYE... if this is the last MOTU pop (for a while anyway) then I’m very glad it was Buzz-Off! I’ll be sad if there aren’t any more new ones but happy I have what I have.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Jennyboooh

Postby Jennyboooh » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:00 pm

bizzydesigner wrote:So glad i was able to get mine from FYE... if this is the last MOTU pop (for a while anyway) then I’m very glad it was Buzz-Off! I’ll be sad if there aren’t any more new ones but happy I have what I have.

I just need the metallic skeletor from Gemini and I'll be happy but it sells out so fast ;(
:freddy1:

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:17 pm

runtodere wrote:So crazy the difference between the eccc sticker and the regular. But from experience, a little patience will bring the prices closer together

I haven’t really followed the prices on all the ECCC shared ones but generally I think the difference in price should be about $15-30.
Hi, I'm CY

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 am

Just ordered the battle armor He-Man and Skeletor. I've been on the fence for them since they appeared, and since all I had was the OG He-Man but never acquired Skeletor, I figured now was better than never if the license is in fact gone. I've had too many pops I was on the fence about go into the vault or vanish from stores or sky rocket in price, didn't want to risk it this time too.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:31 am

So sad to hear that the MOTU license will be gone :(

Its one of my main lines and I have fond childhood memories of the series and the old toys.
ImageImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 am

UGH no more MOTU!

Crazykidrev

Postby Crazykidrev » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:11 pm

Is this really the end to the MOTU line??? :(
ImageImageImage Image

ImageImage

What's up! I'm Stephan
ISO: Apex Legends Protos

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Xeverus86 wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

Unfortunately being in Canada....eBay is my only option most of the time.
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:34 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
runtodere wrote:So crazy the difference between the eccc sticker and the regular. But from experience, a little patience will bring the prices closer together

I haven’t really followed the prices on all the ECCC shared ones but generally I think the difference in price should be about $15-30.
. Agree. No more than 30% more i would think

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
runtodere wrote:This thread has me looking at ebay...

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Me too but because i can never seem to get

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:29 pm

can't wait to get my Buzz Off in the mail!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:09 pm

buzz is on the way! couldn't be more excited.

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE

Postby SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:43 pm

Yup it's really officially over. :(
ImageImage

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Such a great line! Hope this isn’t the end
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:48 pm

SHAZAMCHAMPAGNE wrote:Yup it's really officially over. :(

Was there an official response from Funko somewhere?
I be Chris

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:07 pm

katersatz wrote:We might be over-reacting to an unconfirmed rumour...but the lack of announcement for Buzz Off was weird and gives credence to the possibility he will be the last one released. This became my favourite line to collect and I would really miss it. I collect other MOTU stuff but I actually prefer the Pop versions and love the mash-up of Filmation and toy styles, and the potential for so many weird characters and variants...it all just looks so great together! So much fun.

Anyways, glad I managed to get an order in last night for Buzz Off...now to wait for shipping... :eek:

I found that to be strange as well. Why out of all the ECCC exclusives was Buzz Off the only one that was not officially announced by Funko - infact .. I don't even think Buzz Off was even in any reveal videos. It was completely not endorsed by Funko as far as I can see. IT could be a strong possibility that this is the end of MOTU at least for a while. If MOTU has vaulted; I'm sure there will be some sort of announcement that will let us all know that it has been vaulted. This may be the ideal time to go and order He-Man and any other one of the MOTU Pops that you have been procrastinating on. I'm not to sure when exactly we will have the definitive information as far as MOTU vaulting but it seems like it may be on the horizon.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:12 pm

was happy to get my buzz off at ECCC

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:44 pm

runtodere wrote:

Yeah and like you said after a while the gap starts to close. 2-3 months after any con the difference should be equal or less than 10%. Even 2017 SDCC occamy is selling for over $100 and people are paying more for the shared sticker which is weird.
Hi, I'm CY

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:40 pm

runtodere wrote:

Yeah and like you said after a while the gap starts to close. 2-3 months after any con the difference should be equal or less than 10%. Even 2017 SDCC occamy is selling for over $100 and people are paying more for the shared sticker which is weird.

That is really weird. I didn't realize that the occamy was flipped flopped. Interesting

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:07 pm

runtodere wrote:
runtodere wrote:. Agree. No more than 30% more i would think

That is really weird. I didn't realize that the occamy was flipped flopped. Interesting

I actually see more TT Blue Chrome than I do shared sticker ones...but that hasn't been reflected in the price.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:19 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
Xeverus86 wrote:
runtodere wrote:This thread has me looking at ebay...

Damn my condolences, better hurry apparently the rumors of the most license might be true
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:04 pm

I got my shipping confirmation from Gemini for my Buzz Off. So glad that I was able to order this. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:11 pm

theoneupper02 wrote:
runtodere wrote:

I actually see more TT Blue Chrome than I do shared sticker ones...but that hasn't been reflected in the price.

I’m thinking that’s probably because TT sold a ton of them at the con and on their website afterwards. And ever since PC started region restrictions it’s been a lot harder/less cost effective to get exclusives from oversees.
Hi, I'm CY

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:13 pm

runtodere wrote:
runtodere wrote:. Agree. No more than 30% more i would think

Yup every sdcc has one or two shared exclusives like that.
Hi, I'm CY

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:I’m sad that this will probably be the last motu pop. I really wanted to see anti-eternity he man

Definitely sad news :( Anti-Eternity would have been sweet to see for sure!

It’s all disappointing
:freddy1:

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:29 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
katersatz wrote:We might be over-reacting to an unconfirmed rumour...but the lack of announcement for Buzz Off was weird and gives credence to the possibility he will be the last one released. This became my favourite line to collect and I would really miss it. I collect other MOTU stuff but I actually prefer the Pop versions and love the mash-up of Filmation and toy styles, and the potential for so many weird characters and variants...it all just looks so great together! So much fun.

Anyways, glad I managed to get an order in last night for Buzz Off...now to wait for shipping... :eek:

I found that to be strange as well. Why out of all the ECCC exclusives was Buzz Off the only one that was not officially announced by Funko - infact .. I don't even think Buzz Off was even in any reveal videos. It was completely not endorsed by Funko as far as I can see. IT could be a strong possibility that this is the end of MOTU at least for a while. If MOTU has vaulted; I'm sure there will be some sort of announcement that will let us all know that it has been vaulted. This may be the ideal time to go and order He-Man and any other one of the MOTU Pops that you have been procrastinating on. I'm not to sure when exactly we will have the definitive information as far as MOTU vaulting but it seems like it may be on the horizon.

Ya, not a peep from Funko...no last minute announcement that he would be coming. It was all rumour and speculation until FYE listed their con exclusives like a day or so before.

Time to decide if I want doubles of anything... :-k ;-)
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 pm

katersatz wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Ya, not a peep from Funko...no last minute announcement that he would be coming. It was all rumour and speculation until FYE listed their con exclusives like a day or so before.

Time to decide if I want doubles of anything... :-k ;-)

Yeah it was really weird - Like even before his glams leaked - I heard rumors of it coming and that it would be the last MOTU pop - and then it actually did leak after Funko did the reveals for all of the other ECCC items. I just think it was kinda weird.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 am

theoneupper02 wrote:
runtodere wrote:

I always put value on rarity personally but funko is a different beast it seems

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:28 am

runtodere wrote:

Yup every sdcc has one or two shared exclusives like that.

Someone should make a list. It would be a fun list to look at

codytranum

Postby codytranum » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 am

Really glad I was able to grab Buzz-Off and Metallic Skeletor recently. Really great pops. Hopefully we get some good news in the future regarding licensing.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18 am

Not making the same mistake I always do. Since Funko lost the license I'm gonna go ahead and buy most of the MOTU line while theyre still cheap.

tugzy23

Postby tugzy23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:38 am

Will see if Buzz Off is really the last pop for MOTU.
:freddy2:

Hoodrat_jedi

Postby Hoodrat_jedi » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:46 am

MOTU Forever!
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
ECCC 2018
Fundays 2017
“Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere 2017
Mask-O-Raid 2018

Main ISO's :
She-Ra