Boo berry gitd chase?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
AleX-Men

Boo berry gitd chase?

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Hi,

can someone please explain to me how the process for giving out the boo berry chase funko worked? I remembered there being something about how people pre ordered for sdcc 2011 were able to obtain it, but that also confuses me a bit. What is the full stpry behind this rare blue pop?
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

mongoose12

Re: Boo berry gitd chase?

Postby mongoose12 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:30 pm

AleX-Men wrote:Hi,

can someone please explain to me how the process for giving out the boo berry chase funko worked? I remembered there being something about how people pre ordered for sdcc 2011 were able to obtain it, but that also confuses me a bit. What is the full stpry behind this rare blue pop?

I've owned one and never really investigated this... curious to see what is learned.

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Back in the day you could do a preorder for all of the sdcc exclusives in one package that would be mailed to you directly. The glow boo berry was an extra incentive for people to order it.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:22 am

Wow, that's pretty awesome.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:49 am

Good information and I can see why they can't do it nowadays with the bots taking over most of the exclusive pops. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:33 am

I like the bundles they have had over the past few years, I don't mind getting some items that aren't of great interest to me as long as I can get the ones that are.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:39 am

BigM wrote:Back in the day you could do a preorder for all of the sdcc exclusives in one package that would be mailed to you directly. The glow boo berry was an extra incentive for people to order it.

Fascinating...like wow lol that's awesome

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:14 am

digithor wrote:I like the bundles they have had over the past few years, I don't mind getting some items that aren't of great interest to me as long as I can get the ones that are.

I wasn’t a fan of that Christmas one they did, however I would pre order a con bundle if they did that still.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:19 am

BigM wrote:Back in the day you could do a preorder for all of the sdcc exclusives in one package that would be mailed to you directly. The glow boo berry was an extra incentive for people to order it.

I'd say that was a pretty good incentive. Gosh, how I wish I knew more back then. My family and I were casual Pop! collectors (seems like forever ago) before we even knew all about Funko. We would pick up a pop or wacky wobbler here and there not knowing anything about the con life and everything else that went along with it :) The times have definitely changed that's for sure :)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:44 am

YUP Gemini back then did an entire bundle for a couple years where you could buy 1 of each SDCC piece and it would be sent in a huge box or 2 LOL! Man those were the days to get grails sent for retail!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:11 am

mongoose12 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:Hi,

I've owned one and never really investigated this... curious to see what is learned.

That is so fire.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 am

rexflexall wrote:YUP Gemini back then did an entire bundle for a couple years where you could buy 1 of each SDCC piece and it would be sent in a huge box or 2 LOL! Man those were the days to get grails sent for retail!

Must’ve been fun shopping at gemini back then.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:13 am

Interesting to know. Where only 24 given out? Do they still do pre-orders?

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:59 am

AleX-Men wrote:

I believe these pre-orders are done here in the boards. Veteran Funatics should be able to confirm this one.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 am

AleX-Men wrote:

pre-orders are long gone. ](*,)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:27 am

No preorders for forever it seems! LOL

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 am

Boymom4 wrote:

I'd say that was a pretty good incentive. Gosh, how I wish I knew more back then. My family and I were casual Pop! collectors (seems like forever ago) before we even knew all about Funko. We would pick up a pop or wacky wobbler here and there not knowing anything about the con life and everything else that went along with it :) The times have definitely changed that's for sure :)

That wasn't that many years ago. Thank you for the information.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:50 pm

I completely struck out on this one. It still pains me :evil:
Image Image
ImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:27 pm

Don’t know the process, but boy I wish we had started collecting back then. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:53 pm

renardchua wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

I believe these pre-orders are done here in the boards. Veteran Funatics should be able to confirm this one.

I want to say the preorders were done here but I wasn’t collecting before 2013 so I can’t confirm what it was before that. I think the last preorder bundle for sdcc was 13 or 14 maybe. But they didn’t have the incentive like boo berry.

Most were given out in the boxes but a couple were sold on Gemini.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:00 pm

BigM wrote:
renardchua wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

I want to say the preorders were done here but I wasn’t collecting before 2013 so I can’t confirm what it was before that. I think the last preorder bundle for sdcc was 13 or 14 maybe. But they didn’t have the incentive like boo berry.

Am also relatively new here, but I did remember that during those times, the exclusives were always teased with a phrase that were considered as hints for the said item. I would say that those were fun times! =D> =D>
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:43 am

rexflexall wrote:YUP Gemini back then did an entire bundle for a couple years where you could buy 1 of each SDCC piece and it would be sent in a huge box or 2 LOL! Man those were the days to get grails sent for retail!

At that point they weren't considered grails! lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:29 am

AleX-Men wrote:

Exactly, always easier in those times before they reach that status. I just want some boo berry sodas to open. lol
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:54 am

digithor wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Exactly, always easier in those times before they reach that status. I just want some boo berry sodas to open. lol

Man those were the days! LOL

Caroborri

Postby Caroborri » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:24 pm

BigM wrote:
renardchua wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Pretty amazing wish I was collecting back then.

Return to “Pop!”