Update on Astro Zombies Sheldon Pop!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
AleX-Men

Update on Astro Zombies Sheldon Pop!

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:04 pm

I have an update regarding the Astro Zombies Sheldon Pop!. I recently spoke with someone with the store through Instagram, and the person told me that only 900 instead of 1000 of these exist. The other 100 were used in a custom design contest, making this pop even rarer than it used to be. Just felt like sharing this for anyone curious to know why it is so expensive. If you have any more questions, you can message the store on Instagram through the official account.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

NCDS

Re: Update on Astro Zombies Sheldon Pop!

Postby NCDS » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:41 pm

That is really interesting I would love to see the customs.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:55 pm

NCDS wrote:That is really interesting I would love to see the customs.

Yeah, wonder what they look like. Actually reread the conversation and there might be more customs than a 100.
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:59 pm

AleX-Men wrote:

Yeah, wonder what they look like. Actually reread the conversation and there might be more customs than a 100.

It really is a cool idea though surprised it's with such a small run. Maybe it will be one of those ones people vote on.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:53 am

NCDS wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

It really is a cool idea though surprised it's with such a small run. Maybe it will be one of those ones people vote on.

Yeah, back before Funko exploded, there were some interesting number sets out there. Aside from sdcc, gemini, and nycc, the usual process would be one pop limited to 1500/2000, and the pop gitd/metallic/other variant of the figurine would be limited to 500 (like with compound hulk, white phoenix, canada expo stan lee, Reverse Flash, white deadpool, and the like. Some like the brown suit wolverine from Zapp Comics, if I’m correct, was limited to 1,000.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:08 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
NCDS wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Yeah, back before Funko exploded, there were some interesting number sets out there. Aside from sdcc, gemini, and nycc, the usual process would be one pop limited to 1500/2000, and the pop gitd/metallic/other variant of the figurine would be limited to 500 (like with compound hulk, white phoenix, canada expo stan lee, Reverse Flash, white deadpool, and the like. Some like the brown suit wolverine from Zapp Comics, if I’m correct, was limited to 1,000.

The 500/1000/1500/2000 makes sense to me. My guess is the cheapest way to make them is in the 1000. I have noticed for 500 there tends to be two different stickers. But then you get 400 size at Fundays and it throws my theory off.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:53 pm

NCDS wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
NCDS wrote:

The 500/1000/1500/2000 makes sense to me. My guess is the cheapest way to make them is in the 1000. I have noticed for 500 there tends to be two different stickers. But then you get 400 size at Fundays and it throws my theory off.

For sdcc, 12 piece stickers were different from 48/96/200 stickers. For the non sdcc ones, like the list I mentioned above, I’m pretty sure the only difference was the addition of a possible gitd sticker. I could be wrong.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:16 pm

That's really neat information. Thanks for sharing
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:41 am

AleX-Men wrote:
NCDS wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

For sdcc, 12 piece stickers were different from 48/96/200 stickers. For the non sdcc ones, like the list I mentioned above, I’m pretty sure the only difference was the addition of a possible gitd sticker. I could be wrong.

That is really interesting I will have to pay more attention to stickers.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Very interesting info!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:47 pm

NCDS wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
NCDS wrote:

That is really interesting I will have to pay more attention to stickers.

Believe it or not stickers don't always indicate the count. Sometimes they are stated on a company's website or through a collector's old blog post.

For example:
https://toyanxiety.com/funko-pop-vinyl- ... -customer/

http://marveltoynews.com/funko-metallic ... e-release/

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:07 pm

What a great share AleX-Men and these links are a great read. Thank you. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 pm

AleX-Men wrote:I have an update regarding the Astro Zombies Sheldon Pop!. I recently spoke with someone with the store through Instagram, and the person told me that only 900 instead of 1000 of these exist. The other 100 were used in a custom design contest, making this pop even rarer than it used to be. Just felt like sharing this for anyone curious to know why it is so expensive. If you have any more questions, you can message the store on Instagram through the official account.

Dang, crazy how 100 pieces can effect value so much
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:I have an update regarding the Astro Zombies Sheldon Pop!. I recently spoke with someone with the store through Instagram, and the person told me that only 900 instead of 1000 of these exist. The other 100 were used in a custom design contest, making this pop even rarer than it used to be. Just felt like sharing this for anyone curious to know why it is so expensive. If you have any more questions, you can message the store on Instagram through the official account.

The guy said at least 100. Might’ve been more that were used.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:22 pm

Tusken wrote:What a great share AleX-Men and these links are a great read. Thank you. :freddy3:

No prob. Glad that I was able to post this info.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

The guy said at least 100. Might’ve been more that were used.

Valid point, there very well could be more
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:56 am

Hell I still need one anyway!

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:05 am

Wow great info thanks for sharing always learn something new, I too would like to see a pic of one of the custom 100
:freddy3:

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:14 pm

Jalapenopete wrote:Wow great info thanks for sharing always learn something new, I too would like to see a pic of one of the custom 100

Maybe they're on astro zombie instagram or other social media platform. You can probably contact them through social media to see if they'll send you any pics.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:59 pm

I still need one!

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:45 pm

rexflexall wrote:I still need one!

I think you’ll eventually find one. ;-)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 am

They need some new Sheldons with new hero or villain shirts!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:28 pm

AleX-Men wrote:

Hopefully you will and at a reasonable price, fingers crossed
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:47 am

dolphinax2 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Reasonable price is key!

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:39 pm

rexflexall wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Reasonable price is key!

I agree with you there, I do have my limits, no matter how much I want a particular pop.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:21 pm

Almost bit the bullet on a few but had to hold off!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:33 pm

Glad I got it when it first came out
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Return to “Pop!”