Make your Own Funko POP Figure coming soon!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
EZA

Re: Make your Own Funko POP Figure coming soon!

Postby EZA » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Looks cool I like that you get a box and insert very well thought out and for $25 seems very reasonable for sure wife and I hope to get to Everett one day....

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:05 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Maybe some holiday themed ones coming with those open spaces also?

Well now I need a me in an ugly holiday sweater, so thanks for that!

One of the prop options we saw yesterday were wands (like Harry Potter), so I'll need a me in a robe to go with my wand!

So many Pop-Me to make in the future!

Oh harry potter wands sounds pretty neat, I wonder if they will get the "ok" to do lightsabers.

I was thinking they'd be okay to do anything they already have a license for? At least, I hope so! I figure by the time I'm done with my line of pops, there will be one in every outfit I would cosplay in! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:02 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Well now I need a me in an ugly holiday sweater, so thanks for that!

One of the prop options we saw yesterday were wands (like Harry Potter), so I'll need a me in a robe to go with my wand!

So many Pop-Me to make in the future!

Oh harry potter wands sounds pretty neat, I wonder if they will get the "ok" to do lightsabers.

I was thinking they'd be okay to do anything they already have a license for? At least, I hope so! I figure by the time I'm done with my line of pops, there will be one in every outfit I would cosplay in! lol

One would think so for license's they have already, but of course it is a new sort of variable. I would guess they had that sort of clause planned out ahead of time before making these public.
You would need to actually cosplay those outfits then with the mini version.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:40 am

Glad this became a reality. Love the Freddy Mini

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:45 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

One would think so for license's they have already, but of course it is a new sort of variable. I would guess they had that sort of clause planned out ahead of time before making these public.

I mean, here's hoping there's a logic to the mayhem, right? I already know of people that want their head with Spider-man's body, or dressed as a Jedi. I know my god-daughter will want wizarding robes! And I would be thrilled to match her - and take the appropriate photos to prove it! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:09 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I mean, here's hoping there's a logic to the mayhem, right? I already know of people that want their head with Spider-man's body, or dressed as a Jedi. I know my god-daughter will want wizarding robes! And I would be thrilled to match her - and take the appropriate photos to prove it! lol

Oh yes, if they started to offer body swaps like those. I don't know if that would happen though, seems like a licensing thing they might have to work out.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:28 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Oh yes, if they started to offer body swaps like those. I don't know if that would happen though, seems like a licensing thing they might have to work out.

I'm so glad we don't have to deal with the practical details of this, and can just enjoy the fun part of it!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:45 am

Man I wanna try to make one!

HPFan

Postby HPFan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Has anyone done this recently in Hollywood? I’d like to know the logistics like how early to get there, how long it takes, if they’re capping it at so many people in line, etc. We plan on going Wednesday or Thursday, live 3.5 hours away, and have a 2 month old, so I really need to plan lol.
Lauren
Must find all the HP pops!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:54 pm

Saw a friend's and it looks great. I just need them to get more hair colors for me.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:50 pm

I can't wait to see all the little display boxes filled with variants options. Definitely a smart idea of Funko! Such an adorable gift for someone who may not even collect. No I wait patiently for it to come online :)
Image Image ImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:34 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:I can't wait to see all the little display boxes filled with variants options. Definitely a smart idea of Funko! Such an adorable gift for someone who may not even collect. No I wait patiently for it to come online :)

Same I’m gonna have to wait until it’s available online
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:15 pm

Nis_chac wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I can't wait to see all the little display boxes filled with variants options. Definitely a smart idea of Funko! Such an adorable gift for someone who may not even collect. No I wait patiently for it to come online :)

I've heard a couple people say they've heard it will eventually be available. I have a feeling it will be after they are back to 100 percent employment, because I imagine they would get a lot of orders at once.
Image Image ImageImage

Nis_chac

Postby Nis_chac » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:22 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Nis_chac wrote:

I've heard a couple people say they've heard it will eventually be available. I have a feeling it will be after they are back to 100 percent employment, because I imagine they would get a lot of orders at once.

It’s a definite money maker!
Violin is life :-({|=
Heading to NYCC 2022- Friday badge!
https://www.instagram.com/phunko_fotography
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:41 pm

HPFan wrote:Has anyone done this recently in Hollywood? I’d like to know the logistics like how early to get there, how long it takes, if they’re capping it at so many people in line, etc. We plan on going Wednesday or Thursday, live 3.5 hours away, and have a 2 month old, so I really need to plan lol.

I'm going to try to go Wednesday, and I'll post in here any info I get for current updates, in case you go Thursday. Otherwise, I'd say get there pretty early to make sure you get in. When I've gone to avoid the wait in line (once they're open), I usually try to get there around 10 if they open at 12. It's trading one kind of line for another! lol
Image ImageImage Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:13 am

So looking forward to making one of these this year. I hope Hollywood has the correct head for me. I wonder if there's a bearded guy with glasses available :-k :-k :-k
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

HPFan

Postby HPFan » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Katers wrote:
HPFan wrote:Has anyone done this recently in Hollywood? I’d like to know the logistics like how early to get there, how long it takes, if they’re capping it at so many people in line, etc. We plan on going Wednesday or Thursday, live 3.5 hours away, and have a 2 month old, so I really need to plan lol.

I'm going to try to go Wednesday, and I'll post in here any info I get for current updates, in case you go Thursday. Otherwise, I'd say get there pretty early to make sure you get in. When I've gone to avoid the wait in line (once they're open), I usually try to get there around 10 if they open at 12. It's trading one kind of line for another! lol

Oh yes, please let me know! I’d prefer to not have to get in line that early (bc of baby) so if they’re letting people do it without capping it, that would be good to know! I’ll postpone until Thursday :-)
Lauren
Must find all the HP pops!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:03 pm

FunkOCD wrote:Here's my creation from yesterday's invite-only soft opening at Funkowood:
Can't wait until Friday, 12/11 when it opens up to the public... Albeit, it'll be crazy busy this first weekend!

Nice!! I can't wait to give it a try if and when I ever make it out to CA again.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:09 am

Boymom4 wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:Here's my creation from yesterday's invite-only soft opening at Funkowood:
Can't wait until Friday, 12/11 when it opens up to the public... Albeit, it'll be crazy busy this first weekend!

Nice!! I can't wait to give it a try if and when I ever make it out to CA again.

Hopefully they figure out efficiencies with the process as it's been selling out mid afternoon turning away a lot of people! :(
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:03 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:So looking forward to making one of these this year. I hope Hollywood has the correct head for me. I wonder if there's a bearded guy with glasses available :-k :-k :-k

Assuming I make it in tomorrow, I'll try to take pictures of the options and post them in here for everyone to start their selections!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:05 am

HPFan wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh yes, please let me know! I’d prefer to not have to get in line that early (bc of baby) so if they’re letting people do it without capping it, that would be good to know! I’ll postpone until Thursday :-)

lol I also prefer to not get in line that early (because of LAZY!), but I'll scope it out and let you know! The kid is excited to go, the only thing that may stop us is if the crowds are too much! Either way though, I'll make sure to post in here tomorrow!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:06 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Spoiler: show

Hopefully they figure out efficiencies with the process as it's been selling out mid afternoon turning away a lot of people! :(

I'm still just jealous that your Freddy will stay in your pop hand! Mine still won't stay no matter what I do! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:52 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I'm still just jealous that your Freddy will stay in your pop hand! Mine still won't stay no matter what I do! ](*,)

Time for some super glue.
ImageImageImageImage

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:25 am

Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:So looking forward to making one of these this year. I hope Hollywood has the correct head for me. I wonder if there's a bearded guy with glasses available :-k :-k :-k

Assuming I make it in tomorrow, I'll try to take pictures of the options and post them in here for everyone to start their selections!

That would be AWESOME :smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:47 am

I'll get to HQ someday to make my own!

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:30 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

That's a bummer, hopefully its just a learning curve right now and everything comes together sooner rather than later. That especially stinks for out of town folks that won't have the opportunity to go daily.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

I'm jealous that you both have that micro Freddy...I NEED one lol :)

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:43 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

lol , I tried that! Total fail, not sure if my superglue is too old or what..!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:55 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Okay, I went - didn't make my own pops, because my place in line would've kept me there until 3 at the earliest (it was 11:45 at that point!)...walking by, the only pictures I could get were of the heads. I do know they have glasses (I came home with a pair on my initial excursion when I came home with my pop), but couldn't get an angle for anything else. Sorry about that!

Something seems to be not working between IG and the boards right now to post the pictures I took of the heads. I'll try again in a little bit, see if it's a glitch? Or I'm crazy...? Both are equally likely!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:10 pm

HPFan wrote:
Katers wrote:

Okay, here's what I found out! We were trying to arrive about 11:30, and actually made it in line about by then. They aren't letting you line up in front of the actual store anymore, so the line now starts at the Pep Boys next door. By the time we got into line, the line was down to the corner, and then back up Gower - we ended up just past pep boys at the red brick building (street address 1715 Gower), we were at the green ivy on the wall. When the employee taking the reservations for Pop People came through, he said our reservations would be for between 3-4 in the afternoon. For reservation purposes, they take your name and phone #, send you a test text, and then they text you when it's your turn for your reservation. They give you a 5-minute window to get to the Pop People area to check in and start.

We were maybe 150 people back in line? We opted not to do the reservation, but just wanted to go to the store. Some people did leave the line to come back later, but most stayed in line. We stuck out the line for awhile, were probably 20 people back about halfway along the actual building for Pep Boys before the kid decided she'd had enough. The line actually was moving at a pretty decent pace - it was maybe 12:35 at that point, so I think we'd have been in the store by 1. Alas, not meant to be for me today, since it was her outing. I did laughingly tell her she's horribly out of 'con' shape (ie, line standing!). The more I think about it though, I think she'd have stuck it out if we had been making her a pop. Oh well - next time!

Good luck tomorrow, and have fun! Hope this helps!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:22 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

They should still have them! Double fisting Freddys next time! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:24 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

That's a bummer, hopefully its just a learning curve right now and everything comes together sooner rather than later. That especially stinks for out of town folks that won't have the opportunity to go daily.

Yeah, purple Stitch in here went and they closed him out at 3pm for the rest of that day! :(
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:26 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Nooo! Too aggressive LOL
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:28 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

You need to give it to me to finesse next time we hang out!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:57 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:
Katers wrote:

They should still have them! Double fisting Freddys next time! LOL

I don't know why we bothered with the shopping bags, double fisting Freddys is obviously the way to go! Maybe just throw the shopping bag at our feet? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:58 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Nooo! Too aggressive LOL

That ship has SAILED....but it sank. I will try again with new glue!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:59 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

Well, if you're so vehemently opposed to my superglue plan....!

lol Having you fix it was totally my actual plan!
Image ImageImage Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:09 am

Katers wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Okay, I went - didn't make my own pops, because my place in line would've kept me there until 3 at the earliest (it was 11:45 at that point!)...walking by, the only pictures I could get were of the heads. I do know they have glasses (I came home with a pair on my initial excursion when I came home with my pop), but couldn't get an angle for anything else. Sorry about that!

Something seems to be not working between IG and the boards right now to post the pictures I took of the heads. I'll try again in a little bit, see if it's a glitch? Or I'm crazy...? Both are equally likely!

Thank you for trying :freddy4:

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:04 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol , I tried that! Total fail, not sure if my superglue is too old or what..!

In that case, there is always JB Weld. :)
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:46 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, if you're so vehemently opposed to my superglue plan....!

lol Having you fix it was totally my actual plan!

Super glue is THE worst idea so far! Hah
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Pop!”