2020 Conan Pops reveals coming Monday Dec 7!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Imagery

Re: 2020 Conan Pops reveals coming Monday Dec 7!

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:41 am

Fugly16 wrote:
Imagery wrote:No wins, but watching that secondary market is painful right now. Just gonna try waiting it out

Same as every year with these essentially. It'll settle down to like $30 per I think.

Hoping the fact that they were only available via the lottery doesn't keep the price up. It was so much easier to get these in-person at SDCC.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Imagery wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Imagery wrote:No wins, but watching that secondary market is painful right now. Just gonna try waiting it out

Same as every year with these essentially. It'll settle down to like $30 per I think.

Hoping the fact that they were only available via the lottery doesn't keep the price up. It was so much easier to get these in-person at SDCC.

I am very curious if they made more or less of them because it was lottery. I never paid attention to the lottery numbers since I could get them at SDCC.

Last year's all have a low after-market value, which is promising.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:47 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Greymom wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:let the speculation begin! i still remember the first year they gave them away at sdcc, so much fun.

That 1st year was the best! I got 3 out of 4 Conans that year. My luck hasn't been that good since....aww the memories!

Years 1 and 2 were very good to me! I remember getting several dupes and trading to get all of the year 2 Conan's.

i loved going to the hyatt and placing my hand in the bag and hoping for the right ticket. Aside from getting a conan pop that memories of getting one are awesome.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Imagery wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Spoiler: show
Hmmm...which 4 Conan do you guys think we would've gotten? Trying to think of who would've potentially been guests during SDCC since they probably started production on these well before March.
1) Maybe a Yoda Conan or even The Child Conan, since we've had a Yoda Freddy and Mando is so hot right meow?
2) Sam/Dean Conan since it was the last season of Supernatural and they've been guests before?
3) Buzz Lightyear Conan since we got the Woody last year?
4) And maybe a Negan Conan since I feel TWD has been consistent with having one or more of their actors popping in on his live and to promote World Beyond?

P.S. Would even love to see a Conan S-s-s-soda, one day!

No creating temptation with the Soda Dave! lol

didnt even think about soda, that would be awesome. I know its a long shot, a very long shot but I would love a conan dorbz. Cant help it i love me them dorbz

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm

NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:Same as every year with these essentially. It'll settle down to like $30 per I think.

I am very curious if they made more or less of them because it was lottery. I never paid attention to the lottery numbers since I could get them at SDCC.

Same. I was just happy to get them. *fingers crossed*
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:22 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
Imagery wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Spoiler: show
Hmmm...which 4 Conan do you guys think we would've gotten? Trying to think of who would've potentially been guests during SDCC since they probably started production on these well before March.
1) Maybe a Yoda Conan or even The Child Conan, since we've had a Yoda Freddy and Mando is so hot right meow?
2) Sam/Dean Conan since it was the last season of Supernatural and they've been guests before?
3) Buzz Lightyear Conan since we got the Woody last year?
4) And maybe a Negan Conan since I feel TWD has been consistent with having one or more of their actors popping in on his live and to promote World Beyond?

P.S. Would even love to see a Conan S-s-s-soda, one day!

No creating temptation with the Soda Dave! lol

didnt even think about soda, that would be awesome. I know its a long shot, a very long shot but I would love a conan dorbz. Cant help it i love me them dorbz

I'm not opposed to one Conan per other lines — just a standard Conan in suit. The Soda chase could be a b&w one. But that's where my wallet draws the line lol

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:23 pm

Imagery wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Imagery wrote:No creating temptation with the Soda Dave! lol

I'm not opposed to one Conan per other lines — just a standard Conan in suit. The Soda chase could be a b&w one. But that's where my wallet draws the line lol

haha, yeah my wallet has been sore ever since I came in contact with funko. A black and white chase would be amazing.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:32 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
Imagery wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:didnt even think about soda, that would be awesome. I know its a long shot, a very long shot but I would love a conan dorbz. Cant help it i love me them dorbz

haha, yeah my wallet has been sore ever since I came in contact with funko. A black and white chase would be amazing.

RIght?! My wallet is tolerating the intrusion, but it's not happy about it lol

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:34 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
millone wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
I’m a funko pop hoarder as well. :D

Happy New Year :freddy3:

I don't call it hoarding. I call it collecting feverishly.

Well Put!

Thank you. I have a lot of practice with my excuses

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:34 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Greymom wrote:
That 1st year was the best! I got 3 out of 4 Conans that year. My luck hasn't been that good since....aww the memories!

Years 1 and 2 were very good to me! I remember getting several dupes and trading to get all of the year 2 Conan's.

i loved going to the hyatt and placing my hand in the bag and hoping for the right ticket. Aside from getting a conan pop that memories of getting one are awesome.

I miss that too. Actually, I miss just being at the Hyatt even.

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 pm

Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Imagery wrote:Hoping the fact that they were only available via the lottery doesn't keep the price up. It was so much easier to get these in-person at SDCC.

At least you got them.... :mad:

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:36 pm

Imagery wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm not opposed to one Conan per other lines — just a standard Conan in suit. The Soda chase could be a b&w one. But that's where my wallet draws the line lol

RIght?! My wallet is tolerating the intrusion, but it's not happy about it lol

This is a hilarious image

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:39 pm

scullysdad wrote:
supenman wrote:
millone wrote:I don't call it hoarding. I call it collecting feverishly.

I think actual hoarders think the same thing ;-)

I have a friend who is convinced that someday there will be a Hoarders type tv show that just features those of us with too many Pops lol I have definitely gotten close - according to the app I have added over 130 to my collection in just the last year :eek:

This should be the theme of a fundays. How hilarious and slightly depressing would that be

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:11 am

millone wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
supenman wrote:
I think actual hoarders think the same thing ;-)

I have a friend who is convinced that someday there will be a Hoarders type tv show that just features those of us with too many Pops lol I have definitely gotten close - according to the app I have added over 130 to my collection in just the last year :eek:

This should be the theme of a fundays. How hilarious and slightly depressing would that be

Guys, stop making me reflect about my life choices lol
Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Tusken wrote:Hoping this year that Conan gets a Ghostbuster pop. :freddy3:

He already did though. 2016

Thanks Fugly for the heads up. Sounds like I will have to try to hunt one down now. Maybe they could do a Conan ride in the ECTO-1 but it's orange. :freddy3:
Top Fan Badge Holder of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz :freddy3:

Image Image Image Image

supenman

Postby supenman » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:18 pm

Tusken wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

Thanks Fugly for the heads up. Sounds like I will have to try to hunt one down now. Maybe they could do a Conan ride in the ECTO-1 but it's orange. :freddy3:

The COCO-1
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Funko Fundays - Not yet! 5 years trying, 5 years failing. Fingers crossed for 2021!!
Pop Count - 143
https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:25 pm

millone wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

right!!! we were just talking about how we dont believe SDCC will happen this year either. Would love to be optimistic but dont see it happening.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Tusken wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

I dont recall seeing that one. Need to research now.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:09 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
millone wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:i loved going to the hyatt and placing my hand in the bag and hoping for the right ticket. Aside from getting a conan pop that memories of getting one are awesome.

right!!! we were just talking about how we dont believe SDCC will happen this year either. Would love to be optimistic but dont see it happening.

The Hyatt stalking periods were a part of the Conan/sdcc fun for sure lol
"i need more merch..." - unknown :eek:

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:43 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
millone wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:i loved going to the hyatt and placing my hand in the bag and hoping for the right ticket. Aside from getting a conan pop that memories of getting one are awesome.

What do you think the make or break day will be to decide on if SDCC happens this year? Sometime in May? Hopefully the vaccine production can speed up by Q2 (crossing fingers).
Poppin'

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:20 pm

millone wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
millone wrote:I don't call it hoarding. I call it collecting feverishly.

Well Put!

Thank you. I have a lot of practice with my excuses

Practice makes perfect!
Image Image

sahens04

Postby sahens04 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:51 pm

Fugly16 wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CIWFBpgpOac/

Looks like we finally get to see what the SDCC Conan pops were supposed to be.

I managed to win the Wonder Woman variant and got an email saying I won but haven't seen anything else to fill out, anyone else?
Sabrina AKA sahens04/BrassOctopus04
Funklub #8049
:freddy1:

Nooklin

Postby Nooklin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:55 am

Hoped to get an Aquaman. Here's hoping they are easier to get next year.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:30 pm

theraven00 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
millone wrote:I miss that too. Actually, I miss just being at the Hyatt even.

What do you think the make or break day will be to decide on if SDCC happens this year? Sometime in May? Hopefully the vaccine production can speed up by Q2 (crossing fingers).

not sure, so much goes into getting SDCC ready so it has to be sooner than later. if we cant keep stores and food places open I dont see how this will work. Especially with downtown SD being so business driven when it comes to food and shopping

millone

Postby millone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Uhhhh. OUR life choices - please get it right. lol

millone

Postby millone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:28 pm

supenman wrote:
Tusken wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:

The COCO-1

Has there been a Conan ridez yet? That would be sweet

millone

Postby millone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:29 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
millone wrote:

I just thought about that yesterday too. It really doesn't seem feasible given it's already mid Jan and no signs of getting better

millone

Postby millone » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:31 pm

sahens04 wrote:

I managed to win the Wonder Woman variant and got an email saying I won but haven't seen anything else to fill out, anyone else?

Nothing. Conan's distribution partner usually takes weeks and weeks. I think a couple years ago I won one at SDCC
and didn't get it until November or December

sahens04

Postby sahens04 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:29 am

Good to know, I won't get anxious on a long wait then. Lol
Sabrina AKA sahens04/BrassOctopus04
Funklub #8049
:freddy1:

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:24 pm

millone wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:I am very curious if they made more or less of them because it was lottery. I never paid attention to the lottery numbers since I could get them at SDCC.

True we have been very lucky. SDCC is an insane amount of work though. Easier doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time and effort in.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:06 am

NCDS wrote:My press contact got a few and I actually have Chucky Conan in hand. They did a really good job. It was a really mice surprise since I lost all the spins and code words.

Oh, congrats on having friends in high places! I hope that was the one you wanted most!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:14 am

Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Seriously! We just gotta keep going with it, and don't look back (or around)! Revel in the new acquisitions, and love the old stuff, and don't doubt any of it! \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 am

sahens04 wrote:

I don't think there's anything else to fill out. We had to register with our mailing address when we signed up, so it should just magically appear on our doorsteps soon-ish? Would really love to get a shipping notification, or even an informed delivery update, but not holding my breath on any of those! lol

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:26 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:My press contact got a few and I actually have Chucky Conan in hand. They did a really good job. It was a really mice surprise since I lost all the spins and code words.

Oh, congrats on having friends in high places! I hope that was the one you wanted most!

Actually, I wanted Marty, but I am not complaining.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:21 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Actually, I wanted Marty, but I am not complaining.

Maybe one of the horror fans will want to trade? And you're already ahead of the game, even if it's not the one you want to end up with! \:D/

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 am

millone wrote:
sahens04 wrote:

Nothing. Conan's distribution partner usually takes weeks and weeks. I think a couple years ago I won one at SDCC
and didn't get it until November or December

The stuff popping up on ebay is from people that won from participating in the Conan DIY episode. And that aired like 3 months ago.
Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:03 am

NCDS wrote:
millone wrote:
Imagery wrote:Same. I was just happy to get them. *fingers crossed*

True we have been very lucky. SDCC is an insane amount of work though. Easier doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time and effort in.

Exactly! In-person is "easier" in the sense that you're not leaving it all up to luck and you can put in the work to get Conan(s) if that's a priority

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:06 am

Katers wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:This should be the theme of a fundays. How hilarious and slightly depressing would that be

Seriously! We just gotta keep going with it, and don't look back (or around)! Revel in the new acquisitions, and love the old stuff, and don't doubt any of it! \:D/

Yup, as long as you're happy (and still able to move around your home, because that's important lol), just keep doing what makes you smile

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 am

Need a cheap ebay sale on the set LOL!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:51 pm

BestDadEver wrote:
theraven00 wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:right!!! we were just talking about how we dont believe SDCC will happen this year either. Would love to be optimistic but dont see it happening.

not sure, so much goes into getting SDCC ready so it has to be sooner than later. if we cant keep stores and food places open I dont see how this will work. Especially with downtown SD being so business driven when it comes to food and shopping

I think the reason they waited so long to cancel 2020 was for insurance reasons, so I could see it not getting called this year until April or May. I think we might get a hint it's going to be cancelled though if there is no hotel sale in early April like normal.

I really hope it happens, I have barely left my house in the last 9 months and I want to get out of Wisconsin for a while!
Pops I want Funko to make:

Demon Slayer, Letterkenny, Taylor Swift

Return to “Pop!”