2020 Conan Pops reveals coming Monday Dec 7!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
theraven00

Re: 2020 Conan Pops reveals coming Monday Dec 7!

Postby theraven00 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:30 pm

scullysdad wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
theraven00 wrote:What do you think the make or break day will be to decide on if SDCC happens this year? Sometime in May? Hopefully the vaccine production can speed up by Q2 (crossing fingers).

not sure, so much goes into getting SDCC ready so it has to be sooner than later. if we cant keep stores and food places open I dont see how this will work. Especially with downtown SD being so business driven when it comes to food and shopping

I think the reason they waited so long to cancel 2020 was for insurance reasons, so I could see it not getting called this year until April or May. I think we might get a hint it's going to be cancelled though if there is no hotel sale in early April like normal.

I really hope it happens, I have barely left my house in the last 9 months and I want to get out of Wisconsin for a while!

Good thought about the hotel sale, really hope it happens. I know the new administration wants to get 100 million vaccines distributed in the first 100 days which would track with mid-May. Of course, I've read that may be a bit optimistic too. Fingers crossed.
Poppin'

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:20 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:
sahens04 wrote:
I managed to win the Wonder Woman variant and got an email saying I won but haven't seen anything else to fill out, anyone else?

Nothing. Conan's distribution partner usually takes weeks and weeks. I think a couple years ago I won one at SDCC
and didn't get it until November or December

The stuff popping up on ebay is from people that won from participating in the Conan DIY episode. And that aired like 3 months ago.

I was wondering how they got their wins shipped to them so quickly! That makes a lot more sense, thanks for pointing this out!

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:Guys, stop making me reflect about my life choices lol

Seriously! We just gotta keep going with it, and don't look back (or around)! Revel in the new acquisitions, and love the old stuff, and don't doubt any of it! \:D/

Yup, as long as you're happy (and still able to move around your home, because that's important lol), just keep doing what makes you smile

Right? I figure as long as I won't be buried alive in an avalanche of pops via earthquake, I'm good! The other option is to not collect, and we all know that's not going to happen! lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:29 pm

scullysdad wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:
theraven00 wrote:What do you think the make or break day will be to decide on if SDCC happens this year? Sometime in May? Hopefully the vaccine production can speed up by Q2 (crossing fingers).

not sure, so much goes into getting SDCC ready so it has to be sooner than later. if we cant keep stores and food places open I dont see how this will work. Especially with downtown SD being so business driven when it comes to food and shopping

I think the reason they waited so long to cancel 2020 was for insurance reasons, so I could see it not getting called this year until April or May. I think we might get a hint it's going to be cancelled though if there is no hotel sale in early April like normal.

I really hope it happens, I have barely left my house in the last 9 months and I want to get out of Wisconsin for a while!

I feel like when next we can party, we are going to party like no one has ever seen before!!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:16 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Seriously! We just gotta keep going with it, and don't look back (or around)! Revel in the new acquisitions, and love the old stuff, and don't doubt any of it! \:D/

Yup, as long as you're happy (and still able to move around your home, because that's important lol), just keep doing what makes you smile

Right? I figure as long as I won't be buried alive in an avalanche of pops via earthquake, I'm good! The other option is to not collect, and we all know that's not going to happen! lol

Exactly! You just need the right stacking aids
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Katers wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:not sure, so much goes into getting SDCC ready so it has to be sooner than later. if we cant keep stores and food places open I dont see how this will work. Especially with downtown SD being so business driven when it comes to food and shopping

I feel like when next we can party, we are going to party like no one has ever seen before!!

yeah, I feel like SDCC is going to be such a bigger deal for this next one. Just feel bad for those who had badges and returned them since no SDCC for 2020.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:49 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yup, as long as you're happy (and still able to move around your home, because that's important lol), just keep doing what makes you smile

I was thinking of saran wrapping them to my walls, actually! Certainly didn't stop me from giving it it my all (email addresses)(and my friends!)! lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:52 am

BestDadEver wrote:
Katers wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

yeah, I feel like SDCC is going to be such a bigger deal for this next one. Just feel bad for those who had badges and returned them since no SDCC for 2020.

Honestly, the only people I could see returning badges were first timers who got lucky and have no idea how hard it is! Everyone else knows that those tickets are GOLD and you clutch it in your hands with all you got!

One of my BFFs was that guy - his first year, he scored the golden ticket to SDCC, and thought it was so easy to get tickets. Boy was he shocked during returning registration that next year! And of course, that's the year I somehow scored us Conan tickets, so he thought those were easy too! He's learned now - can't wait to send him a picture when my Conan pops come in, he'll really appreciate the luck there! :cheers:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 am

Katers wrote:Honestly, the only people I could see returning badges were first timers who got lucky and have no idea how hard it is! Everyone else knows that those tickets are GOLD and you clutch it in your hands with all you got!

The first time we went was 2001, and you were actually able to walk up and buy tickets on site. I think 2006 was the first time tickets sold out before the show. I was very confused when it went from being able to mail a check in for your tickets sometime in June to 'OMG THIS WAITING ROOM IS KILLING ME, LET ME BUY TICKETS!' lol
Pops I want Funko to make:

Demon Slayer, Letterkenny, Taylor Swift

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Right? I figure as long as I won't be buried alive in an avalanche of pops via earthquake, I'm good! The other option is to not collect, and we all know that's not going to happen! lol

I was thinking of saran wrapping them to my walls, actually! Certainly didn't stop me from giving it it my all (email addresses)(and my friends!)! lol

Cling wrap = minimal impact on the boxes and can be easily anchored. I think you might have something there lol
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:48 am

scullysdad wrote:
Katers wrote:Honestly, the only people I could see returning badges were first timers who got lucky and have no idea how hard it is! Everyone else knows that those tickets are GOLD and you clutch it in your hands with all you got!

The first time we went was 2001, and you were actually able to walk up and buy tickets on site. I think 2006 was the first time tickets sold out before the show. I was very confused when it went from being able to mail a check in for your tickets sometime in June to 'OMG THIS WAITING ROOM IS KILLING ME, LET ME BUY TICKETS!' lol

At least you were in the waiting room, that line out at Seaport Village was nuts!

Do you know if Conan a huge hit when the pops came out the first year? I didn't really get into the Conan pops before 2018, and at that point I know it was utter craziness to try to get tickets or the pops!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Exactly! You just need the right stacking aids

Cling wrap = minimal impact on the boxes and can be easily anchored. I think you might have something there lol

Right? And I was thinking, if I pull it tight / smooth enough, it might not even really be obvious that I did it!

The downside of this plan though, is that it would be much more difficult to take them down / open the boxes / do fun photo stuff with them. Gotta find a way to balance this somehow! lol

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:45 am

Katers wrote:Do you know if Conan a huge hit when the pops came out the first year? I didn't really get into the Conan pops before 2018, and at that point I know it was utter craziness to try to get tickets or the pops!

Going to the Conan tapings was huge right away, and the Pops were definitely a big deal the first year, especially because there were not as many ways to get them. The only ways I knew were to go to the show or go to the Marriot on Sunday morning (and we missed that because we went to a Lego panel because my buddy wanted the exclusive mini figure, and we saw them packing up at the Marriot by the time we got there). That was the year I started collecting Pops though and I was totally unprepared for the fight lol

I actually never managed to get a single one until I won with the online slot machine this year.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 am

scullysdad wrote:
Katers wrote:Do you know if Conan a huge hit when the pops came out the first year? I didn't really get into the Conan pops before 2018, and at that point I know it was utter craziness to try to get tickets or the pops!

Going to the Conan tapings was huge right away, and the Pops were definitely a big deal the first year, especially because there were not as many ways to get them. The only ways I knew were to go to the show or go to the Marriot on Sunday morning (and we missed that because we went to a Lego panel because my buddy wanted the exclusive mini figure, and we saw them packing up at the Marriot by the time we got there). That was the year I started collecting Pops though and I was totally unprepared for the fight lol

I actually never managed to get a single one until I won with the online slot machine this year.

Trading at Fundays after the dinner was a good way to get some as well.
Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

supenman

Postby supenman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:42 am

scullysdad wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:

The last few years, the Early Bird hotels came out in January, so not sure if that's a hint or not. I personally don't see everyone getting the vaccine by July, and if that's the case, how would SDCC handle that? Thousands of people who have badges aren't allowed to go because they don't have the vaccine? Seems like more of a nightmare to handle. And if anything, a SDCC 2021 would be a heavily limited event, and if that's the case, I don't think it should go on. Yes it would be nice to have more space to move around, but a limited SDCC just wouldn't be the same and almost not worth the stress of getting a badge.
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Funko Fundays - Not yet! 5 years trying, 5 years failing. Fingers crossed for 2021!!
Pop Count - 143
https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 am

supenman wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
BestDadEver wrote:not sure, so much goes into getting SDCC ready so it has to be sooner than later. if we cant keep stores and food places open I dont see how this will work. Especially with downtown SD being so business driven when it comes to food and shopping

The last few years, the Early Bird hotels came out in January, so not sure if that's a hint or not. I personally don't see everyone getting the vaccine by July, and if that's the case, how would SDCC handle that? Thousands of people who have badges aren't allowed to go because they don't have the vaccine? Seems like more of a nightmare to handle. And if anything, a SDCC 2021 would be a heavily limited event, and if that's the case, I don't think it should go on. Yes it would be nice to have more space to move around, but a limited SDCC just wouldn't be the same and almost not worth the stress of getting a badge.

Even with a vaccine I don’t Sdcc is going to happen. It’s way too much late scratch planning. If sdcc doesn’t go on as schedule, what happens with Fundays? :-k :-k
Image Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:34 am

Darn you Conan making me a loser! LOL

supenman

Postby supenman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:35 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
supenman wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Even with a vaccine I don’t Sdcc is going to happen. It’s way too much late scratch planning. If sdcc doesn’t go on as schedule, what happens with Fundays? :-k :-k

Agreed. Honestly, I hope they just call it soon so there is no wondering or stress and it gives them plenty of time to plan virtual things. SDCC needs a completely different and better virtual event than last year.
SDCC - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020ish
Funko Fundays - Not yet! 5 years trying, 5 years failing. Fingers crossed for 2021!!
Pop Count - 143
https://www.instagram.com/supenman/

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:53 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
supenman wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I highly doubt we get a Fundays this year. California won’t allow something like that to happen quite yet. Heck, Disneyland is not opened yet, and I don’t see that opening until summer at the earliest. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think Disney and ReedPop were smart for pushing D23 and SWCA to next year.
:freddy1:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Mario Wario wrote:I highly doubt we get a Fundays this year. California won’t allow something like that to happen quite yet. Heck, Disneyland is not opened yet, and I don’t see that opening until summer at the earliest. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think Disney and ReedPop were smart for pushing D23 and SWCA to next year.

I agree with you. When the 2020 show and Fun Days were cancelled, I was 100% sure that 2021 would happen but with California still under lockdown and most of the country without an actual vaccine distribution plan yet, a lot would have to happen in five months. I was also looking forward to hitting up Funko Hollywood before the show so that will also be 2022 for me now.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:16 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I was thinking of saran wrapping them to my walls, actually! Certainly didn't stop me from giving it it my all (email addresses)(and my friends!)! lol

Right? And I was thinking, if I pull it tight / smooth enough, it might not even really be obvious that I did it!
The downside of this plan though, is that it would be much more difficult to take them down / open the boxes / do fun photo stuff with them. Gotta find a way to balance this somehow! lol

Oh for sure. If you go the cling wrap route, they're there to stay for at least an extended period of time. Maybe you could schedule an annual rotation lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:12 am

scullysdad wrote:

This is so cool to hear about, I wish I'd paid any attention at all back then, but I just wasn't into these then, so it honestly would have been wasted on me! Better that they go to fans that worked for them!

I think in 2017, a friend of mine managed to get 2 in 2 consecutive days from the line at the hotels. She ended up trading them to a vendor for a NYCC Dr Who pop she had been eyeing, and we laughed that she'd traded swag for a pop! And now I'm like "why did we do this????" lol

I was lucky, got a Predator Conan in 2018 at the show (the one I wanted the least!) and traded with another Funatic for Ant-Man Conan (the one I wanted most!). And then bought Iron Man Conan in 2019. Looking forward to adding the 2020 Conans to the collection if they ever appear on my doorstep! Congrats on your slot machine win, we're in a cool club now!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:19 am

Fugly16 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

Trading at Fundays after the dinner was a good way to get some as well.

True! Those trading sessions can be intense - my first year, I felt like I'd walked onto a car lot! lol

And of course it hadn't even occurred to me to take my Conan to try to trade. Lesson learned, if I ever get lucky at SDCC again!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:23 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Cling wrap = minimal impact on the boxes and can be easily anchored. I think you might have something there lol

Oh for sure. If you go the cling wrap route, they're there to stay for at least an extended period of time. Maybe you could schedule an annual rotation lol

I might be better off putting museum putty on the bottom of the boxes, that way they stay put and are easy enough to pull up if I need to!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:36 pm

supenman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
supenman wrote:

Agreed. Honestly, I hope they just call it soon so there is no wondering or stress and it gives them plenty of time to plan virtual things. SDCC needs a completely different and better virtual event than last year.

You’re right on the money. Last year was a complete wash :evil: :evil:
Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:37 pm

Mario Wario wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
supenman wrote:

I highly doubt we get a Fundays this year. California won’t allow something like that to happen quite yet. Heck, Disneyland is not opened yet, and I don’t see that opening until summer at the earliest. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think Disney and ReedPop were smart for pushing D23 and SWCA to next year.

So if that’s the case, EVERYTHING will get pushed to 2022.
Image Image

millone

Postby millone » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:46 pm

Katers wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:This should be the theme of a fundays. How hilarious and slightly depressing would that be

Guys, stop making me reflect about my life choices lol

Seriously! We just gotta keep going with it, and don't look back (or around)! Revel in the new acquisitions, and love the old stuff, and don't doubt any of it! \:D/

I need to make a t-shirt of that.

millone

Postby millone » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:47 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:
sahens04 wrote:
I managed to win the Wonder Woman variant and got an email saying I won but haven't seen anything else to fill out, anyone else?

Nothing. Conan's distribution partner usually takes weeks and weeks. I think a couple years ago I won one at SDCC

The stuff popping up on ebay is from people that won from participating in the Conan DIY episode. And that aired like 3 months ago.

Sounds about right

millone

Postby millone » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:48 pm

Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:
millone wrote:At least you got them.... :mad:

True we have been very lucky. SDCC is an insane amount of work though. Easier doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time and effort in.

Exactly! In-person is "easier" in the sense that you're not leaving it all up to luck and you can put in the work to get Conan(s) if that's a priority

For sure. I'm trying to decide of the hot SD sun for hours but more likely pickup is better or worse than comfort of my laptop but way less of a chance

millone

Postby millone » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:48 pm

Katers wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
millone wrote:Nothing. Conan's distribution partner usually takes weeks and weeks. I think a couple years ago I won one at SDCC

I was wondering how they got their wins shipped to them so quickly! That makes a lot more sense, thanks for pointing this out!

I can't remember if I participated in that DIY - which means I probably didn't

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:51 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Right? I figure as long as I won't be buried alive in an avalanche of pops via earthquake, I'm good! The other option is to not collect, and we all know that's not going to happen! lol

I'm having a tough time picturing saran wrapping your walls. This is something that has to be witnessed. Or pictures taken, at the very least.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:22 am

millone wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:True we have been very lucky. SDCC is an insane amount of work though. Easier doesn't mean we didn't put a lot of time and effort in.

Exactly! In-person is "easier" in the sense that you're not leaving it all up to luck and you can put in the work to get Conan(s) if that's a priority

For sure. I'm trying to decide of the hot SD sun for hours but more likely pickup is better or worse than comfort of my laptop but way less of a chance

Another pro is fun interactions with people and a potential live show. I guess the most interesting aspect of this format was we were ALL in the same boat

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:24 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm having a tough time picturing saran wrapping your walls. This is something that has to be witnessed. Or pictures taken, at the very least.

I think the version in my mind is saran wrapped Pops anchored to the wall rather than physically/magically wrapped to the walls lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:40 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
supenman wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I'm still holding out hope - we deserve a better year this year!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:43 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

So if that’s the case, EVERYTHING will get pushed to 2022.

I'm really still hoping we get back to semi-normal by mid to late this year. Do we think the cons, knowing what happened last year, made back up plans for later in the year? I know SDCC couldn't push back later in the year, but I wonder if they planned ahead for it this year. Of course, we'll will continue to know nothing until it's announced. ](*,)

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:45 am

millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
Guys, stop making me reflect about my life choices lol

I need to make a t-shirt of that.

Make it a Conan pop shirt, and I am in!

Actually....do we have Conan pop shirts? Looks like just Super Conan, so we are overdue on this one! :cheers:

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:47 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think I've talked myself out of the saran wrap, unfortunately, though I do think it was a great idea! I like to be able to take my pops down and use them for photo shoots, which would be so much harder if they were saran wrapped. I'll just have to risk the earthquakes, I guess! lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:49 am

Imagery wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:I was thinking of saran wrapping them to my walls, actually! Certainly didn't stop me from giving it it my all (email addresses)(and my friends!)! lol

I think the version in my mind is saran wrapped Pops anchored to the wall rather than physically/magically wrapped to the walls lol

Oh, it was definitely going to be saran wrap attached to the wall (probably with push pins), pulled horizontally across the shelf, and then push pinned again on the other side. I may waste the saran wrap and do one just to see how it worked! \:D/

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:47 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Greymom wrote:I'm having a tough time picturing saran wrapping your walls. This is something that has to be witnessed. Or pictures taken, at the very least.

Oh, it was definitely going to be saran wrap attached to the wall (probably with push pins), pulled horizontally across the shelf, and then push pinned again on the other side. I may waste the saran wrap and do one just to see how it worked! \:D/

You know....that might.....just .....work! Mwaaahaaahaaa!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:59 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
supenman wrote:

I'm still holding out hope - we deserve a better year this year!

I totally agree but I’m just facing facts & reality at this point.
Image Image

Return to “Pop!”