2020 Conan Pops reveals coming Monday Dec 7!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
millone

Re: 2020 Conan Pops reveals coming Monday Dec 7!

Postby millone » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:00 pm

Imagery wrote:
millone wrote:
Imagery wrote:Another pro is fun interactions with people and a potential live show. I guess the most interesting aspect of this format was we were ALL in the same boat

True. I've met some really good friends in line at SDCC.

Definitely an element I think a lot of us are missing with no cons

For Sure

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:01 pm

Imagery wrote:
millone wrote:
Katers wrote:I am, in fact, still overheated from my one experience in Spreckles! lol
But well prepared should I ever get lucky enough again!

I remember when I gave up on Spreckles - saw someone waiting in line at 1:00 PM the day before to get a standby ticket. Too much for me.

Well, 12-24 hour lines aren't that strange at SDCC lol

That is a very scary statement. I gave up on the 24 hour lines early though unless we had a group where we could switch in and out. Just too tiring and wasted too much time.

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:02 pm

Katers wrote:
millone wrote:
Katers wrote:
I am, in fact, still overheated from my one experience in Spreckles! lol

But well prepared should I ever get lucky enough again!

I remember when I gave up on Spreckles - saw someone waiting in line at 1:00 PM the day before to get a standby ticket. Too much for me.

That's a level of dedication I'm not willing to commit to - there are too many other things going on during SDCC! Probably why I have as few Conan pops as I do. But I'm happy with the ones I have, at least!

I'm in the same boat with you.

millone

Postby millone » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
millone wrote:I remember when I gave up on Spreckles - saw someone waiting in line at 1:00 PM the day before to get a standby ticket. Too much for me.

Jeez! There's no way I'd stay in a line for THAT long! That there is some serious determination/optimism.

There are probably a few things I'd stay in line that long for...but it would definitely require a team!

A team would be the only way to do it. I don't think there has ever been anything I was willing to spend that kind of time for myself.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:18 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I had no idea, my visit to Spreckles. Spent the whole time alternating between using my badge as a fan, and bobbling my head from side to side trying to follow the fan of the guy sitting in front of me! lol

One of the few times you can be grateful for secondary air lol We were somewhat warned by friends, but you really don't get it until you're there

I have since added portable, battery operated fans to my SDCC supply pile, just in case I get lucky! Here's hoping we all get a chance to complain about how hot it is in there in 2021! \:D/

Agreed! *fingers crossed* [-o<
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:22 pm

millone wrote:
Imagery wrote:
millone wrote:I remember when I gave up on Spreckles - saw someone waiting in line at 1:00 PM the day before to get a standby ticket. Too much for me.

Well, 12-24 hour lines aren't that strange at SDCC lol

That is a very scary statement. I gave up on the 24 hour lines early though unless we had a group where we could switch in and out. Just too tiring and wasted too much time.

Haha, it is — but that doesn't make it untrue :^o Guess it just comes down to priorities and your itinerary in the end. If you don't have a lot going on, why not
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night, 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada, Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:35 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Jeez! There's no way I'd stay in a line for THAT long! That there is some serious determination/optimism.

There are probably a few things I'd stay in line that long for...but it would definitely require a team!

Oh for sure! It's always more fun and a lot easier working with a team. People stocking up on supplies, giving out potty breaks, and just being social.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:36 am

rexflexall wrote:I see some folks already getting their Conan multi-pack wins!

:eek: ....hoping to see an unexpected box on my doorstep sometime soon then! :cheers:

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:38 am

millone wrote:
Katers wrote:

That's a level of dedication I'm not willing to commit to - there are too many other things going on during SDCC! Probably why I have as few Conan pops as I do. But I'm happy with the ones I have, at least!

I'm in the same boat with you.

lol we just need a few more people in our 'boat', and we can form a line team for those 12-24 hour lines!

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:40 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:One of the few times you can be grateful for secondary air lol We were somewhat warned by friends, but you really don't get it until you're there

I have since added portable, battery operated fans to my SDCC supply pile, just in case I get lucky! Here's hoping we all get a chance to complain about how hot it is in there in 2021! \:D/

This got me thinking about what Conans we want to see in 2021. I know it's super early, but we already decided on a Mandalorian Conan. Maybe a Vision Conan for the Marvel side? Or Winter Soldier?

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:45 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Oh for sure! It's always more fun and a lot easier working with a team. People stocking up on supplies, giving out potty breaks, and just being social.

One of my favorite years was when I ran back to my hotel, filled trash bags with ice from the ice machine, threw the bags and bottled waters in a swag bag from SDCC for a makeshift ice chest, and brought it back to the line group. I was a total hero for at least half an hour with those chilled drinks!

Good times! \:D/

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:37 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I have since added portable, battery operated fans to my SDCC supply pile, just in case I get lucky! Here's hoping we all get a chance to complain about how hot it is in there in 2021! \:D/

This got me thinking about what Conans we want to see in 2021. I know it's super early, but we already decided on a Mandalorian Conan. Maybe a Vision Conan for the Marvel side? Or Winter Soldier?

I'm still all in for a Thor Conan. Would like to see some horror characters one day

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:58 pm

Has anyone gotten their winning Pops yet? I have seen a few people online who have won the entire set but no singles yet.
Pops I want Funko to make:

Demon Slayer, Letterkenny, Taylor Swift

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:10 pm

scullysdad wrote:Has anyone gotten their winning Pops yet? I have seen a few people online who have won the entire set but no singles yet.

I was wondering the same thing! I’m still waiting for mine, the email did say 6 to 8 weeks. So it should be soon I hope.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:31 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Agreed! *fingers crossed* [-o<

I'm still all in for a Thor Conan. Would like to see some horror characters one day

Okay, so I somehow missed that Conan is ending his show this year?? Do we think that means 2020 is the last we'll see pops for, or will they keep going even if he doesn't join us at Spreckles?

Also, now I want a Thor Conan. ](*,) lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:38 am

lavery01 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:Has anyone gotten their winning Pops yet? I have seen a few people online who have won the entire set but no singles yet.

I was wondering the same thing! I’m still waiting for mine, the email did say 6 to 8 weeks. So it should be soon I hope.

Nothing amazing on my doorstep yet! Hopefully soon for all of us!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:22 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
GENIUS! Must have Conan now!! :notworthy:

It’s Coming!!!!!! :D

Let's hope it's a really high LE number for that! I feel like the demand will be nuts on that one.

I will go nuts for that one. :roflmao:
Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:57 pm

I am hoping they send the singles out soon, anyone seen any of those?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:13 pm

I had forgotten about this and was pleasantly surprised today when this was delivered.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:49 pm

Zorn88 wrote:I had forgotten about this and was pleasantly surprised today when this was delivered.

impressive, i'm still 0-300 on Conans though lol

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:02 am

Zorn88 wrote:I had forgotten about this and was pleasantly surprised today when this was delivered.

They all look like they're in good shape. Congrats to you!

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:06 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I have since added portable, battery operated fans to my SDCC supply pile, just in case I get lucky! Here's hoping we all get a chance to complain about how hot it is in there in 2021! \:D/

All of those sound very plausible. Great suggestions!

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:17 pm

If you have a UPS My Choice account you can see if they shipped. Hope this helps.
:freddy2:

Matt
ISO: Lost Protos

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:36 pm

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

The team is the key part, then you are socializing the whole time and it goes by fast.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:07 pm

Congrats on winning them all. They look awesome. I won three,and am still waiting to get them.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:19 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
It’s Coming!!!!!! :D

Let's hope it's a really high LE number for that! I feel like the demand will be nuts on that one.

I will go nuts for that one. :roflmao:

See! It's already happening! \:D/ :cheers: \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:23 am

Spoiler: show

So pretty, congrats!!! Looks like they arrived in good shape, which is always a wonderful surprise.

And good luck for the rest of us that they are shipping out, and hopefully we have something fun sitting on our doorsteps waiting for us! :cheers:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:25 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Agreed! *fingers crossed* [-o<

Thanks! Of course, suggesting them is the easy part. Getting our hands on the finished products is the challenge! lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:26 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

The team is the key part, then you are socializing the whole time and it goes by fast.

Honestly, I laugh now when I think of how I didn't understand that collecting / con-going / Conan-going is a team sport. It so is! Couldn't do it without my friends & line-buddies!

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:34 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Honestly, I laugh now when I think of how I didn't understand that collecting / con-going / Conan-going is a team sport. It so is! Couldn't do it without my friends & line-buddies!

If a person is attending an event/con completely solo, making line buddies is a must!

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:44 pm

Congrats!!!
Hi, I'm Vinh!
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fugly16

ImageImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:54 pm

lavery01 wrote:

Congrats on winning them all. They look awesome. I won three,and am still waiting to get them.

That’s soooo awesome. Congrats :freddy3:
Image Image

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Awesome set! Congrats! Luckily I scored a Chucky during this so looking forward to that one at least! :cheers:

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:09 am

They look awesome! Congrats everyone
Image Image
Image ImageImage

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:11 am

I wonder if they started shipping the individual ones. My dad won a Chucky, can't wait to get it!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:42 am

I have yet to win even one of these, but I also heard that sometimes people get them even if they didn’t “win”. Anyone know if this is true? I pretty sure it’s a mistake if so
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Collection: 1864 pieces as of 03/03/21
ISO Protos: Paka Paka Dragon, Michael Myers, Quint (Jaws), Toph (Avatar), Cartman (South Park), Jim Henson (w/Kermit)

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:47 am

Those full pack prizes look great!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:This got me thinking about what Conans we want to see in 2021. I know it's super early, but we already decided on a Mandalorian Conan. Maybe a Vision Conan for the Marvel side? Or Winter Soldier?

Okay, so I somehow missed that Conan is ending his show this year?? Do we think that means 2020 is the last we'll see pops for, or will they keep going even if he doesn't join us at Spreckles?
Also, now I want a Thor Conan. ](*,) lol

He's going to HBO Max so I guess it will depend what their agreement is.
But yes, since thinking of it, Thor Conan will be the one I miss most even though it never existed

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:17 pm

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:This got me thinking about what Conans we want to see in 2021. I know it's super early, but we already decided on a Mandalorian Conan. Maybe a Vision Conan for the Marvel side? Or Winter Soldier?

Thanks! Of course, suggesting them is the easy part. Getting our hands on the finished products is the challenge! lol

I guess there's always customs, but not that much help for anyone not artistically inclined lol

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:45 pm

Have any of the solo ones shipped. Only seen the set shipped?
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown both regular and glow and back to the future protos
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”