Harry Potter 20th Anniversary of Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Avengers74

Harry Potter 20th Anniversary of Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Empire magazine’s latest issue focuses on the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone film and it made me wonder if Funko will do Pops to celebrate this milestone. Lately we have been seeing a release Harry Potter Pops in the late Spring/early Fall, so I would guess the Fall release might be themed to the film. I rewatched the film and thought these might be some potential characters they might finally make into Pops.

The Dursley’s
Ollivander
Percy Weasley
Dean Thomas
Crabbe & Goyle
The Fat Friar
Madame Hooch
Professor Flitwick (old version)
Fluffy

If they were to do another Harry/Ron/Hermione they could do the trio dressed as they did to go through the trap door scene. And likewise Hagrid either with Hedwig when he gives him to Harry for his birthday or Hagrid with the motorcycle when he delivers him to the Dursley’s. Also potential movie moments of Harry and Dumbledore with the Mirror of Erised or Harry and Quirrell/Voldemort in the final scene.

What Pops would you want to see for the Anniversary?

lunarembrace

Re: Harry Potter 20th Anniversary of Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone

Postby lunarembrace » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:18 pm

I'd love the Dursley's and Fluffy the most, I think. I wouldn't mind a movie moment of the Devil's Snare scene. Hagrid on his bike would also be awesome. A movie moment of Harry finding the sorcerer's stone in his pocket in front of the mirror would also be kind of epic! Not sure how it would be done, but worth a try, right?

I'd love to see more characters other than Harry, Ron, and Hermione. More professors! More creatures, too, while we're at it.
Melissa

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed May 12, 2021 11:52 am

I would love to see more HP Pop towns of the famous places he goes to throughout the movies. Really would love a Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes with Freddy. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Since we are into the Album Covers, can we have the Harry Potter Book Covers as well? :D

I'm streamlined most of my Harry Potter Funko merch already, I think what is left with me are the Rock Candies, but I would be down with the book covers.

No disrespect to the movies, but personally I loved the books more than the films - so this would be a must-have for me. :)
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

randig

Postby randig » Wed May 12, 2021 2:17 pm

renardchua wrote:Since we are into the Album Covers, can we have the Harry Potter Book Covers as well? :D

I'm streamlined most of my Harry Potter Funko merch already, I think what is left with me are the Rock Candies, but I would be down with the book covers.

No disrespect to the movies, but personally I loved the books more than the films - so this would be a must-have for me. :)

This is a good idea, using the OG books covers
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:48 pm

renardchua wrote:Since we are into the Album Covers, can we have the Harry Potter Book Covers as well? :D

What a brilliant idea!

I wasn’t a huge fan of the movies, so this would be perfect
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed May 12, 2021 8:36 pm

One of my favorite Pops is the Harry Entering Platform 9 3/4 Moment, I would love to see other moments for the first movie (which is still one of my favorites).
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Wed May 12, 2021 10:04 pm

I feel like Funko will take any excuse to release more HP Pops, so these are a good possibility. Maybe with a special sticker or box emblem
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Thu May 13, 2021 7:39 pm

Potter pops make the magic bank and I’m shocked they didnt do any yet for the anniversary

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu May 13, 2021 8:06 pm

YES PLEASE! And we totally need more characters, I do love having certain versions of the mains but how do we not have the Dursleys? Or Percy and the rest of the Weasley clan? Bane and some of the creatures would also be awesome. Just more, more, more hahahaha
Image Image ImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Thu May 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Avengers74 wrote:Empire magazine’s latest issue focuses on the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone film and it made me wonder if Funko will do Pops to celebrate this milestone. Lately we have been seeing a release Harry Potter Pops in the late Spring/early Fall, so I would guess the Fall release might be themed to the film. I rewatched the film and thought these might be some potential characters they might finally make into Pops.

The Dursley’s
Ollivander
Percy Weasley
Dean Thomas
Crabbe & Goyle
The Fat Friar
Madame Hooch
Fluffy

If they were to do another Harry/Ron/Hermione they could do the trio dressed as they did to go through the trap door scene. And likewise Hagrid either with Hedwig when he gives him to Harry for his birthday or Hagrid with the motorcycle when he delivers him to the Dursley’s. Also potential movie moments of Harry and Dumbledore with the Mirror of Erised or Harry and Quirrell/Voldemort in the final scene.

OH!!! We really need all of these. I would buy them ALL! I also want to add to the list: Professor Sprout, Professor Horace Slughorn and Kreacher... I am sure there are WAY more but those are the ones I could think of right this moment.
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 24, 2021 2:44 am

magicalme wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:Empire magazine’s latest issue focuses on the 20th Anniversary of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone film and it made me wonder if Funko will do Pops to celebrate this milestone. Lately we have been seeing a release Harry Potter Pops in the late Spring/early Fall, so I would guess the Fall release might be themed to the film. I rewatched the film and thought these might be some potential characters they might finally make into Pops.

The Dursley’s
Ollivander
Percy Weasley
Dean Thomas
Crabbe & Goyle
The Fat Friar
Madame Hooch
Fluffy

OH!!! We really need all of these. I would buy them ALL! I also want to add to the list: Professor Sprout, Professor Horace Slughorn and Kreacher... I am sure there are WAY more but those are the ones I could think of right this moment.

Harry Potter is always such a popular line, I didn't think that I would collect a lot of them. It seems that a lot of them have made their way into my collection than I thought previously. Some of these ideas I might be open to adding, but I do get a bit particular.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 24, 2021 11:11 am

More HP movie moments!

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu May 27, 2021 8:57 pm

Oh my! It’s already been 20 years :-s

If they do, I would definitely want an Ollivander pop. That one is a must!

Return to “Pop!”