Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ldela001

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby ldela001 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:03 pm

I enjoy getting Pops! signed. But I'm not a huge fan of the recent trend at cons in which they charge more to sign them versus other items (approximately, $20 more). I understand why that is, but still.
Funko Goals:
-Attend Fundays
-Win a prototype
-Collect all Ewok-related Pops!

:wwe7:

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:38 am

ldela001 wrote:I enjoy getting Pops! signed. But I'm not a huge fan of the recent trend at cons in which they charge more to sign them versus other items (approximately, $20 more). I understand why that is, but still.

They taking advantage of people that bring in bulk of flat down Funko boxes and we are stuck in the middle of it. They probably going to start charging a lot more for full story quotes on the front and side of box.
ImageImage
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:43 am

ldela001 wrote:I enjoy getting Pops! signed. But I'm not a huge fan of the recent trend at cons in which they charge more to sign them versus other items (approximately, $20 more). I understand why that is, but still.

Yah I thought that is kinda weird too!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:57 am

rexflexall wrote:

Yah I thought that is kinda weird too!

I get that they see the ebay value, but to me an auto on a pop or a print is the same level of work to sign. IMO it still stinks that they chage more for a funko item versus a non funko item.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:04 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:This weekend I tried to get a Pop signed by Bryan Lee O'Malley and Edgar Wright. No luck, but I did get the poster from the new Scott Pilgrim anime series (which is awesome so far). Also met Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh, and he signed my ticket to the screening.

Pfft no mention of the company you keep.... pffft....

Also (in response to this thread in general) - my main for autographs has always been autograph cards. I have maybe 10 or so Funko signed. I prefer for it not to be personalized but I'm fine if it's not especially since a quite a bit of people in the industry require it now. The tiers in pricing for specific items (including Funko) can suck but it's sorta the same thing with comics; if you're getting it CGC'd, usually there's a fee for that as well. I remember a time when personalization use to be additional lol.

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:53 pm

They know what they are doing.

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:42 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

I absolutely love getting pops signed. I feel like it makes them more collectible and unique. My first ever signed pop was SDCC 2019 LE 1K Wynonna Earp. I picked it up on Preview Night and got it signed by the actress a few days later. I've been hooked on signed pops ever since.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:34 am

Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

I’ll get signatures for specific favorite characters or actors. I don’t go crazy though. Although I like the idea of personalization with my name, I don’t get that done in case I need to sell in the future
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:19 am

I have thought about just getting protectors signed. This way I can get it personalized, sell the Pop if needed and still retain the autograph.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 am

Jeffryan73 wrote:I have thought about just getting protectors signed. This way I can get it personalized, sell the Pop if needed and still retain the autograph.

That's how my Glow Spidey pop is - signed by Stan Lee on the window, then signed by McFarlane on the pop stack protector!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:04 am

rexflexall wrote:
Jeffryan73 wrote:I have thought about just getting protectors signed. This way I can get it personalized, sell the Pop if needed and still retain the autograph.

That's how my Glow Spidey pop is - signed by Stan Lee on the window, then signed by McFarlane on the pop stack protector!

I have never gotten the protector signed
ImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:45 pm

I only got my conan's signed. I really don't go out of my way to get them signed unless it is easy and like known I will get an autograph. I don't want to risk damage. Then at the same time, I am in an in box collector, the massive signatures across the window kind of ruin the purpose of displaying them for me.
Collecting since 2014

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:26 am

I’ve seen celebrities charge over $100 more for getting a pop signed compared to a picture. It just sucks that they do that. It’s literally the same signature

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:28 am

It’s my mission to eventually get all the cast of the walking dead who have pops signed

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:44 am

funkomarv96 wrote:It’s my mission to eventually get all the cast of the walking dead who have pops signed

and how is that mission going so far?

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:09 am

funkomarv96 wrote:It’s my mission to eventually get all the cast of the walking dead who have pops signed

I hope you complete them, that would be an awesome collection
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:19 am

wow thats amazing how many total cast members are there to get signed?
ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:38 am

hpellot wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I have never gotten the protector signed

I thought it was a good idea to keep Stan's sig alone intact, then use the protector for any Todd related pop in case I wanted to ever swap pop stacks!

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:58 pm

hpellot wrote:

wow thats amazing how many total cast members are there to get signed?

If I’m being honest…… a lot! lol not sure the number I just know there’s a bunch so far I have 5 of them

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:00 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:

Thanks! One convention at a time I’m sure I’ll be able to

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:49 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Good luck who do you have left to
Get ?
ImageImageImage

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:37 am

hpellot wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:

Get ?

Right now I’m trying to pay attention to the bigger characters. I have Rick, michonne, Daryl, Aaron, and merle. Patiently waiting for Negan to do a signing near me

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:00 pm

funkomarv96 wrote:
hpellot wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:

Get ?

Right now I’m trying to pay attention to the bigger characters. I have Rick, michonne, Daryl, Aaron, and merle. Patiently waiting for Negan to do a signing near me

That’s awesome good luck
ImageImageImage

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:16 pm

I'd like to get more autographs on my anime pops in person, buying already signed or sending away is ok. Not as good as the experience in person though.
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 pm

kidleaderkty wrote:I'd like to get more autographs on my anime pops in person, buying already signed or sending away is ok. Not as good as the experience in person though.

I heard about that too and I believe it's cheaper
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:29 pm

[quote="kidleaderkty"]I'd like to get more autographs on my anime pops in person, buying already signed or sending away is ok. Not as good as the experience in person though.[/quote

Personally I prefer to have a pop signed in person
ImageImageImage

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:30 pm

kidleaderkty wrote:I'd like to get more autographs on my anime pops in person, buying already signed or sending away is ok. Not as good as the experience in person though.

It feels way more meaningful to meet the person too. It gets pricey but I definitely think fondly of all the signatures I've gotten.

WayneNC704

Postby WayneNC704 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:09 pm

I like colored signatures - Also when a artist draws a design

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:55 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:

It feels way more meaningful to meet the person too. It gets pricey but I definitely think fondly of all the signatures I've gotten.

The range of costs from convention to convention depending on where you go also.

Anime fanatic

nerdgirlbritt

Postby nerdgirlbritt » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:19 pm

I think that if you want it for you totally get it signed etc. I love having reminders of meeting my favorite celebrities or creators. I really believe that if you do what makes you happy and surround yourself with the things and people you love that it is the best way to live life.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:03 pm

Rice71 wrote:

They taking advantage of people that bring in bulk of flat down Funko boxes and we are stuck in the middle of it. They probably going to start charging a lot more for full story quotes on the front and side of box.

Most already charge for quotes unfortunately

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:32 pm

kidleaderkty wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

The range of costs from convention to convention depending on where you go also.

Definitely, it seems like conventions are becoming a lot more common now at least!

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:44 am

Meowmix4 wrote:
kidleaderkty wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:

Definitely, it seems like conventions are becoming a lot more common now at least!

You would think that could u with lower prices. lol

Anime fanatic

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:02 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:

I heard about that too and I believe it's cheaper

Nice hack.

Jedi-Noah

Postby Jedi-Noah » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:54 pm

Even though I brought the folded pop box only, they recognized it a Funko Pop.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:59 pm

Now most of these celebrities have pops at their booth for them to sign

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:11 pm

rexflexall wrote:

Thats a good signing by stan lee...
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

ldela001

Postby ldela001 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:47 pm

Jedi-Noah wrote:

Even though I brought the folded pop box only, they recognized it a Funko Pop.

It was worth a shot! Technically, they charge to sign “Funko Pops!” not “Funko Pop! boxes.” So I see what you were going for.
Funko Goals:
-Attend Fundays
-Win a prototype
-Collect all Ewok-related Pops!

:wwe7:

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:51 pm

BRiley0216 wrote:Some like them, I am OOB so no go for me

Same here

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:51 pm

TonyMa wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:Some like them, I am OOB so no go for me

Same here

Two totally different camps. I dont think I have a single Pop OOB. Would save a TON of space if I did, but I like the box art too much and those damn stickers!

Return to “Pop!”