Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ComicsZombie

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby ComicsZombie » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:22 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:Rebecca Sugar Signed my Steven, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl pops! :D

No way that’s awesome!

Post or send me a picture!

No. :p

#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:26 pm

This weekend I tried to get a Pop signed by Bryan Lee O'Malley and Edgar Wright. No luck, but I did get the poster from the new Scott Pilgrim anime series (which is awesome so far). Also met Ellen Wong and Brandon Routh, and he signed my ticket to the screening.

#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:35 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:No. :p

Spoiler: show

Very nice! Thanks for sharing
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:02 pm

I was lucky enough to get fun maker Mike to sign my free Freddy at the Mask-O-Raid a few weeks backs.

ChefOhz

Postby ChefOhz » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:07 pm

I personally love getting autographs, I don't have that many signed but I do love the thrill and excitement of meeting my favorite celebrity or athlete and just grateful that they took the time to stop by. I usually get baseball autographs
ImageImageImage

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:11 am

Hermes wrote:Image

I was lucky enough to get fun maker Mike to sign my free Freddy at the Mask-O-Raid a few weeks backs.

I love that Freddy pop and it looks even better with Mikes signature on it! =D>
:king: Mike

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:32 am

comic book guy wrote:

I love that Freddy pop and it looks even better with Mikes signature on it! =D>

Same! They were giving out some awesome Freddy’s at the Mask-o-Raid. One of the more common ones was Freddy as Peter Pan.. had people trying to trade me for this, but I held strong even though though it is a higher count pop.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:23 am

Looks awesome! I got mine in a raffle from FDO 2023!

Kixxx90

Postby Kixxx90 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:14 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
nerdandcheese wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:Rebecca Sugar Signed my Steven, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl pops! :D

No way that’s awesome!

Post or send me a picture!

No. :p

These are AMAZING!!!! I was luck enough to Attend LA comic con in 2019 and was able to get my Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis and Connie Signed by the respective voice actors. They are some of my first autographed pop!
Nice to meet you I'm Thomas

tapia183

Postby tapia183 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:08 am

not sure what is better to have a sign pop figure or the box.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:58 am

tapia183 wrote:not sure what is better to have a sign pop figure or the box.

It's always the box
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:35 am

Box for me unless it's a nice proto!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:36 am

The box. Easier to display. Easier to sign. Sigs get really messed up sometimes as the best places to sign will be the back of the head (where you can't see it if you display it) or the face if the hair is spikey... and who wants a pop signed on their face?
#BeastBoyShrine

littlegoldie

Postby littlegoldie » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:49 am

Always and forever the box.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:30 pm

Box for sure. I have seen some people getting protos signed on the figure and it freaks me out lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Box for sure. I have seen some people getting protos signed on the figure and it freaks me out lol

Same, I once saw one of my grail protos and the owner had it signed and it broke my heart lol

Hermes

Postby Hermes » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:34 am

scullysdad wrote:

I would be be afraid I would smudge the signature off.

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:37 am

Hermes wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I have the same fear there. Lol

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:41 am

Wiselordship wrote:
Hermes wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I have the same fear there. Lol

:freddy1: always a fear when I have those inky paint pens. :bounce: :compress:

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:18 pm

scullysdad wrote:

I think it depends on the celebrity. In some cases it does not add to the proto and perhaps may even take away from it, but the one proto I have signed is a Marty McFly signed by MJF. Which I think makes it a pretty nice collector item regarding actual number of Funko BTTF Protos signed by MJF.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:37 pm

zaghawk wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I think it depends on the celebrity. In some cases it does not add to the proto and perhaps may even take away from it, but the one proto I have signed is a Marty McFly signed by MJF. Which I think makes it a pretty nice collector item regarding actual number of Funko BTTF Protos signed by MJF.

That's definitely a great one to have =D>
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

LAX_Men4ever

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:44 pm

Past Saturday. My buddy went to OG Collectibles in California for the Cowboy Bebop reunion meet and greet. He brought his Cowboy Bebop 4 pack and had them signed the box.

Goatedfunko

Re: Autograph or not to autograph? That is the question!

Postby Goatedfunko » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:45 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:Image

Not a big name celebrity, but autograph and remarque by White Knight artist/writer Sean Gordon Murphy. One of my favorite takes on Batman and the Joker!

Don’t have any Batman pops yet but this one I’d definitely pick up. That’s a nice pop to have in the middle of a display case. Was it hard to get him to sketch that?
Central California Crew (of one :freddy3: )
The nurse!

SDCC: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
NYCC: 2022
Fundays: TBD

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:32 pm

Goatedfunko wrote:

Not a big name celebrity, but autograph and remarque by White Knight artist/writer Sean Gordon Murphy. One of my favorite takes on Batman and the Joker!

Don’t have any Batman pops yet but this one I’d definitely pick up. That’s a nice pop to have in the middle of a display case. Was it hard to get him to sketch that?

Wow that's nice

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:47 pm

Tonka858 wrote:
Goatedfunko wrote:

Wow that's nice

Right!? Making want to get more pops… have to get more room
The nurse!

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:24 pm

Goatedfunko wrote:

Thanks! And not a prob with him at all. I asked for the remarque knowing it cost a little extra (like $30-40) than his $5-10 signature by itself. I was honestly only expecting a side profile of one of the characters heads. He asked where I wanted him to autograph and the only direction I gave him was, “Maybe in the center. For symmetry?” And then he just started drawing. It didn’t take him too long. Super, super nice guy, too.
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:25 pm

Tonka858 wrote:
Goatedfunko wrote:

Wow that's nice

Thanks!
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

Funkognome

Postby Funkognome » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:34 pm

I only care for signatures that I get myself, as it's more of a reminder of the experience. I would love to get my LetterKenny pops signed. Maybe some of Willy Wonka, but running out of time for the original cast on that one

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:55 am

Funkognome wrote:I only care for signatures that I get myself, as it's more of a reminder of the experience. I would love to get my LetterKenny pops signed. Maybe some of Willy Wonka, but running out of time for the original cast on that one

True thats sweet

Dg_funkopoppa

Postby Dg_funkopoppa » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:Becker signed my son's Gimli box last weekend. The 10 year old replied "daddy I can't see Gimli anymore" lol

lol that’s so funny

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:34 pm

Funkognome wrote:I only care for signatures that I get myself, as it's more of a reminder of the experience. I would love to get my LetterKenny pops signed. Maybe some of Willy Wonka, but running out of time for the original cast on that one

I

I feel the same way I have a few pops that I have had signed
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

TepPope

Postby TepPope » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:54 pm

Goatedfunko wrote:

Love the drawing! Great signing

Goatedfunko

Postby Goatedfunko » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:32 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:
Goatedfunko wrote:

Thanks! And not a prob with him at all. I asked for the remarque knowing it cost a little extra (like $30-40) than his $5-10 signature by itself. I was honestly only expecting a side profile of one of the characters heads. He asked where I wanted him to autograph and the only direction I gave him was, “Maybe in the center. For symmetry?” And then he just started drawing. It didn’t take him too long. Super, super nice guy, too.

That’s the awesome. I once had an artist doing some free drawings at a capcom party during SDCC ask me what I wanted and I told him no restrictions you decide and I got an amazing side by side of two characters when everyone else got one character.
The nurse!

evrythngzen

Postby evrythngzen » Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:00 pm

I never learned how to share pics on here but I have a bunch that are signed. I manage a couple of smaller comic conventions but we've had some real fun guests that have signed pops for me. Just last month I got my ET pop signed by 3 members of the cast and I got my smallville pops signed. The funny thing is people always want to know what their value is and to me their priceless because they come with the memories of those shows and those interactions.
:freddy3: Collector, convention manager, all around nerdy weirdo!!

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:43 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

I get autographed funkos but only if I get it signed myself because I like the experience of meeting them in person.
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

sxrgio115

Postby sxrgio115 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:54 pm

Over the years, I’ve grown to be very fond of meeting the actors/ talents on my own. Unless they are ultra rare and cannot acquire them in person, I’ll try to attend myself. There’s something great about having a conversation with someone you’ve grown to love and appreciate.
- Bleach Proto Collector
- Funko Events on Top!
- Anime Fanatic
Wondercon 2023, SDCC 2023, Fright Night 2022, Killer Klowns!!

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:21 pm

FunkoholicsAnonymous wrote:
Elewitt2022 wrote:I have been collecting Funko for a few years now, and I got my first autographed Pops as part of a completist effort for my Scott Pilgrim set.

And then for a little while, I started picking up some random autographed Pops from local shops who could vouch for the signatures, and then I sent away items to autograph companies when they had interesting celebrities I could find Pops for. Eventually I even bought some on ebay, although these felt the most sketchy, with or without the various authentication stickers. [-o<

But ultimately, I decided that having an item signed in front of me, personalized with my own name right there on the box was the most satisfying. Each signed pop has a story now, and when its displayed on my shelf, its so much more meaningful! I understand that the personalization makes it less valuable, but it can't always be about resale, right? 8-[

Its definitely harder to get, but there are a few cons where you can get up close and request signatures, so I just keep an eye our for who will be visiting, and bring my own pop to be signed. :bounce:

I am curious how others on the board feel about autographs in general, and about personalization especially.

Also, if others know of good places to find signings, please share. I live in Atlanta, so Dragon Con is a great source for me each year!

I get autographed funkos but only if I get it signed myself because I like the experience of meeting them in person.

Yeah, definitely agree. Something about meeting them in person and that interactions makes the whole getting auto very memorable! Especially those longer convos that brings out laughter as well!

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:48 pm

sxrgio115 wrote:Over the years, I’ve grown to be very fond of meeting the actors/ talents on my own. Unless they are ultra rare and cannot acquire them in person, I’ll try to attend myself. There’s something great about having a conversation with someone you’ve grown to love and appreciate.

I agree I like getting a pop signed by shatner

And some items signed by the Krofts
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

sxrgio115

Postby sxrgio115 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:24 pm

You enjoy those meetings brotha!
- Bleach Proto Collector
- Funko Events on Top!
- Anime Fanatic
Wondercon 2023, SDCC 2023, Fright Night 2022, Killer Klowns!!

JoeG

Postby JoeG » Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:32 am

I have found that i have become very selective what i get signed. I use to get main characters signed from series i like but i am finding I like to get signatures from items from my childhood. I have a few on display in my office and when people come in they are instantly drawn from them.

Return to “Pop!”