Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
chosenjuan01

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby chosenjuan01 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:11 am

I’m huge on autographed pops now. I love how they look, I love meeting the actor/actress in person to get it signed. It’s so much fun, they look amazing to display and it’s fun to collect them. My goal the moment is to get every hashira signed by their English Voice actors. I’m so far almost complete I’m only missing Tengen & Rengoku VAs. Then I have another goal to get the entire set of “The Boys” funko pops to get signed by the original actors.
I AM THE CHOSENJUAN :dance:
SHINZOU WO SASAGAYO
COMPTON BORN N RAISED

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:32 am

I think the signed pops are more meaningful when you get them signed in person!

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:08 am

chosenjuan01 wrote:I’m huge on autographed pops now. I love how they look, I love meeting the actor/actress in person to get it signed. It’s so much fun, they look amazing to display and it’s fun to collect them. My goal the moment is to get every hashira signed by their English Voice actors. I’m so far almost complete I’m only missing Tengen & Rengoku VAs. Then I have another goal to get the entire set of “The Boys” funko pops to get signed by the original actors.

I really enjoy the fact you found a passion for it. As long as you have fun doing it that’s the best part about it. Putting the fun in Funko!

chosenjuan01

Postby chosenjuan01 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:22 pm

Jarrieta13 wrote:
chosenjuan01 wrote:I’m huge on autographed pops now. I love how they look, I love meeting the actor/actress in person to get it signed. It’s so much fun, they look amazing to display and it’s fun to collect them. My goal the moment is to get every hashira signed by their English Voice actors. I’m so far almost complete I’m only missing Tengen & Rengoku VAs. Then I have another goal to get the entire set of “The Boys” funko pops to get signed by the original actors.

I really enjoy the fact you found a passion for it. As long as you have fun doing it that’s the best part about it. Putting the fun in Funko!

Thank you! Yes I do really have fun when it comes down to it.
SHINZOU WO SASAGAYO
COMPTON BORN N RAISED

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:55 pm

Becker signed my son's Gimli box last weekend. The 10 year old replied "daddy I can't see Gimli anymore" lol
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Ep245

Postby Ep245 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:30 pm

I love the idea of them, but I … don’t like meeting famous people? Hahaha so I’d never think to bring a Pop! With me for autographing!
——
- Funko Fundays 2018 (Prom!)
- Camp Fundays 2023

:freddy2:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:04 pm

Ep245 wrote:I love the idea of them, but I … don’t like meeting famous people? Hahaha so I’d never think to bring a Pop! With me for autographing!

:freddy1: sometimes it causes anxiety i try to do my best to remain level headed. :bounce: :compress:

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:00 pm

Can't wait for this Thanksgiving in SF! I never though I'd get the chance to meet both Ewan and Mark! Especially not in one day. I ended up purchasing a Luke Skywalker proto for this special event. Unfortunately my wallet didn't have enough for an Obi-wan Kenobi proto lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:32 am

OffTheCHENG wrote:Can't wait for this Thanksgiving in SF! I never though I'd get the chance to meet both Ewan and Mark! Especially not in one day. I ended up purchasing a Luke Skywalker proto for this special event. Unfortunately my wallet didn't have enough for an Obi-wan Kenobi proto lol

:freddy1: congrats ! I wish to meet them one day. :bounce: :compress:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:23 am

ocwankenobi wrote:Becker signed my son's Gimli box last weekend. The 10 year old replied "daddy I can't see Gimli anymore" lol

Sounds about right LOL!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:24 am

rexflexall wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:Becker signed my son's Gimli box last weekend. The 10 year old replied "daddy I can't see Gimli anymore" lol

Sounds about right LOL!

:freddy1: why not get two? One in n out of box. I know it sounds like spoiling but eh its just one more pop. :bounce: :compress:

Ep245

Postby Ep245 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:59 am

zonkttc wrote:
Ep245 wrote:I love the idea of them, but I … don’t like meeting famous people? Hahaha so I’d never think to bring a Pop! With me for autographing!

:freddy1: sometimes it causes anxiety i try to do my best to remain level headed. :bounce: :compress:

Are they generally fine with signing the Pops? Or do they roll their eyes and grunt and say “fine” and only begrudgingly sign it? Haha
——
- Camp Fundays 2023

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:24 am

Ep245 wrote:

Are they generally fine with signing the Pops? Or do they roll their eyes and grunt and say “fine” and only begrudgingly sign it? Haha

I haven’t noticed much grunting but I have been seeing more and more people adding an up charge to signing a pop.

Karebear101083

Postby Karebear101083 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Lately, I enjoy getting my pops autographed. I used to not like autographs especially messing with the integrity of the funko box but it looks so nice.

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:35 pm

The only pops I have been lucky to be signed is by Mike And Brian from Funko itself. I love Funko.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

chosenjuan01

Postby chosenjuan01 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:37 pm

ShellyGt86 wrote:The only pops I have been lucky to be signed is by Mike And Brian from Funko itself. I love Funko.

That’s dope I myself enjoy Mike and Brian’s autographs on my Freddy Funkos. I have a few signed by Mike and a few signed by Brian as well. :freddy2: :freddy2:
SHINZOU WO SASAGAYO
COMPTON BORN N RAISED

Missnoobcake3

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:56 pm

I recently as of last year got heavy into getting pops signed. Meeting talent and chatting is an experience. Im all for it and slowly converting my collection to signed pops. Its just been fun :)

Nycc 2022 | IG: missnoobcake3 | Pop, Soda, NFT Collector | Fotw 5/2023

ImageImageImage

ShellyGt86

Postby ShellyGt86 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:57 pm

Congratulations. It’s awesome to get signatures, but the interaction with Brian and Mike are unforgettable.
To live will be a great Adventure... :grommit:Image]

Image[/url]

edsteez

Postby edsteez » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:20 am

I only have one gears of war limited edition 1500 Kait Diaz signed by voice actor Laura Bailey. Most favorite pop I own

Ep245

Postby Ep245 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:02 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Ep245 wrote:

I haven’t noticed much grunting but I have been seeing more and more people adding an up charge to signing a pop.

An up charge! I guess part of my thinks that’s fair for those two turn around and sell the pops. But for fans who really just want something to cherish, that’s kind of a bummer.
——
- Camp Fundays 2023

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:13 pm

Rebecca Sugar Signed my Steven, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl pops! :D
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

Gvs1989

Postby Gvs1989 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Usually for me it depends on the character, although I am not huge on getting autographs, I have used some of my pops to get some Star Wars actors. But that’s pretty much it, I do think because of the box that they are pretty cool to get autographs on. Now the only thing I would never get an autograph on would be a grail.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:33 pm

Gvs1989 wrote:Usually for me it depends on the character, although I am not huge on getting autographs, I have used some of my pops to get some Star Wars actors. But that’s pretty much it, I do think because of the box that they are pretty cool to get autographs on. Now the only thing I would never get an autograph on would be a grail.

:freddy1: where would you get it signed. I usually get it on the window but I noticed one or two people strictly on the side or back. :bounce: :compress:

comic book guy

Postby comic book guy » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:33 am

I've grown to really love signed pops and have made them my focus this year. I like getting animated pops signed and sketched by their creators. Recently got a Dexters Laboratory pop signed and sketched by the great Genndy Tartakovsky (also created Samurai Jack, Sym-Bionic Titan). Can't wait to see what 2024 brings. Hopefully I can meet Mike and get him to sign and maybe sketch a Freddy pop!
:king: Mike

Alanamaslama

Postby Alanamaslama » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:33 am

Ep245 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Ep245 wrote:

An up charge! I guess part of my thinks that’s fair for those two turn around and sell the pops. But for fans who really just want something to cherish, that’s kind of a bummer.

Yeah, some upcharge specifically on pops. Some charge a basic rate for signing prints and posters, but then upcharge on props, pops, action figures, etc. Some charge extra for quote and some even charge by the number of words! They have whole menus out here. lol
Hey, I’m Alan!

Events checked off:

Funko Fundays 2017, FunKon 2021
SDCC 1999, 2017-2019, 2022, 2023
WonderCon 2019
Comic Con Revolution Ontario 2017, 2018, 2023
Los Angeles Comic Con 2016, 2018, 2019

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:38 pm

Alanamaslama wrote:
Ep245 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Yeah, some upcharge specifically on pops. Some charge a basic rate for signing prints and posters, but then upcharge on props, pops, action figures, etc. Some charge extra for quote and some even charge by the number of words! They have whole menus out here. lol

:freddy1: didn't think like that at all. Thank you very much. :bounce: :compress:

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:44 pm

I only get pops auto if I get them signed

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:24 am

Beto2499 wrote:I only get pops auto if I get them signed

:freddy1: any favorite pops you got autographed? :bounce: :compress:

Gvs1989

Postby Gvs1989 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:32 am

zonkttc wrote:
Gvs1989 wrote:Usually for me it depends on the character, although I am not huge on getting autographs, I have used some of my pops to get some Star Wars actors. But that’s pretty much it, I do think because of the box that they are pretty cool to get autographs on. Now the only thing I would never get an autograph on would be a grail.

:freddy1: where would you get it signed. I usually get it on the window but I noticed one or two people strictly on the side or back. :bounce: :compress:

I usually do the front window, but I really do like the side ones two. At the end it depends on the artist, my Obi wan that I git signed at Celebration has a huge signature in the front window, I didn’t ask for that size but it just happened lol

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:04 am

Christopher Sabat voices pretty much all of my fav characters, so Ive been getting items slowly for when he comes to an event near me
Anime/Pokemon Collector

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:06 am

Elviax wrote:Christopher Sabat voices pretty much all of my fav characters, so Ive been getting items slowly for when he comes to an event near me

He's got a cool sig especially when in bright pain pen colors!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:03 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Elviax wrote:Christopher Sabat voices pretty much all of my fav characters, so Ive been getting items slowly for when he comes to an event near me

:freddy1: I actually met him by accident while working at a well known bookstore back when. Wish I knew then I'm searching to get his autograph. :bounce: :compress:

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:04 pm

zonkttc wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

:freddy1: I actually met him by accident while working at a well known bookstore back when. Wish I knew then I'm searching to get his autograph. :bounce: :compress:

WOW THATS AMAZING!
Anime/Pokemon Collector

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:21 pm

We met him at Houston Comicpalooza a few years ago. Great guy!
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:23 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:Rebecca Sugar Signed my Steven, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl pops! :D

No way that’s awesome!

Post or send me a picture!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:29 pm

nerdandcheese wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:Rebecca Sugar Signed my Steven, Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl pops! :D

No way that’s awesome!

Will do!
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:07 am

ComicsZombie wrote:
nerdandcheese wrote:

No way that’s awesome!

Will do!

:freddy1: please show. Rebecca sugar is an icon. Love her work. :bounce: :compress:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:03 am

Elviax wrote:
zonkttc wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

WOW THATS AMAZING!

Now that's cool!

dibozz

Postby dibozz » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:58 pm

There was a starwars group i joined and let you send stuff to sign with a fee...
I will let you know if I remember the name of the group.
They endup have all kind of artist available to sign not only starwars people.
Also one of the case maker sell signed funko too.

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:29 am

zonkttc wrote:
Beto2499 wrote:I only get pops auto if I get them signed

:freddy1: any favorite pops you got autographed? :bounce: :compress:

So far only the voice actors of avatar the last air bender

Return to “Pop!”