Auotgraphing Pops?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Chuckles00012

Re: Auotgraphing Pops?

Postby Chuckles00012 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:15 pm

Suprmike6 wrote:The only signed Pop! I have in my collection is Wash from Firefly, I won it from an auction for the California Browncoats at SDCC a few years ago. I trust them enough that I'm sure it's authentic. But I'd only buy signed ones from reputable places or if I saw it signed in front of me

Alan Tudyk (Wash) is awesome. I met him at the Rogue One premier. I didn't have anything signed but I got a pic with him.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 pm

I love the idea of the giveaway at the c2e2 panel where the voice actor (I forget who) did a pop yourself and signed the pops. Pop yourself is cool on its own, and even though any could be recreated (so long as Funko offers the same options) having the pop signed already is super cool!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

sakura17

Postby sakura17 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:18 am

If I know they're gonna be at a con and it's a character I want signed I'm gonna try to get their autograph. I try to let them pick their favorite quote and do an artist choice. For example Neil at c2e2 also likes to personalize it where the autograph was dated at C2E2 and the date I got to meet him at. It's pretty cool and he takes the time to make sure it's perfection before giving it back to you. He doesn't try to rush things either which I appreciated it.

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 am

sakura17 wrote:If I know they're gonna be at a con and it's a character I want signed I'm gonna try to get their autograph. I try to let them pick their favorite quote and do an artist choice. For example Neil at c2e2 also likes to personalize it where the autograph was dated at C2E2 and the date I got to meet him at. It's pretty cool and he takes the time to make sure it's perfection before giving it back to you. He doesn't try to rush things either which I appreciated it.

Thats a good idea to let them choose! And theres just something about getting the aurograph in person as opposed to sending out for something just the interaction is so rewarding sometimes makes the waiting worth it some celebs are better then others but i really do appreciate the ones that sign with care and not just scribble all over

Lilfinger

Postby Lilfinger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:50 am

I love when they take their time and make sure it’s perfect or they add little details in their signature to make it relate to the character. It’s just makes the piece so much more special to me regardless if it truly increases the value

sakura17 wrote:If I know they're gonna be at a con and it's a character I want signed I'm gonna try to get their autograph. I try to let them pick their favorite quote and do an artist choice. For example Neil at c2e2 also likes to personalize it where the autograph was dated at C2E2 and the date I got to meet him at. It's pretty cool and he takes the time to make sure it's perfection before giving it back to you. He doesn't try to rush things either which I appreciated it.

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 pm

I got Mike to sign my Franny and Freddy at c2e2. Franny was personalized, and both got Freddy doodles on the side window \:D/

Misapops

Postby Misapops » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm

I’m not super into autographed pops but, this weekend at C2E2, the funko booth had VAs give out pops and Mikasa’s VA handed out a signed Armin and Mikasa. I won the signed because I had my colossal titan with me in my hand and just started waving it around! There’s a sticker that says it’s a 90pc autograph from the con and 7BAP? Something like that. But I’ll keep it forever because of the memory!
Follow for more anime funatic fun:
Tiktok: @Misa.pops
Instagram: @Misa.pops
:freddy2:

Kenshin21

Postby Kenshin21 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:04 pm

Autographs to me are more from the memory of meeting and talking to the celebrity. Pretty cool experiences

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Fri May 03, 2024 9:07 am

xanchui wrote:I got Mike to sign my Franny and Freddy at c2e2. Franny was personalized, and both got Freddy doodles on the side window \:D/

I did the same! For the first franny I figured it was only right !
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 am

Kenshin21 wrote:Autographs to me are more from the memory of meeting and talking to the celebrity. Pretty cool experiences

Much rather pay to get it in person instead of sending it in but sometimes its hard to make it to inperson, i guess just comes down to how youre able to get it

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri May 03, 2024 10:40 am

xanchui wrote:I got Mike to sign my Franny and Freddy at c2e2. Franny was personalized, and both got Freddy doodles on the side window \:D/

Now that's cool!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri May 03, 2024 12:03 pm

Thats amazing I love when they do a little doodle

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Fri May 03, 2024 10:19 pm

x88joe88x wrote:

That was my thought as well!

sakura17

Postby sakura17 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:32 pm

x88joe88x wrote:

Yes, I got Mike to sign my Freddy box, he did a quote, then drew a picture on the side. In addition, I got him to sign the back of Freddy's head. It was seriously cool how he took the time to sign many things if fans asked. He was able to sign proto box too. I was debating between Franny and Proto but ultimately chose proto.

sakura17

Postby sakura17 » Sat May 04, 2024 8:36 pm

MPF223 wrote:

Thats a good idea to let them choose! And theres just something about getting the aurograph in person as opposed to sending out for something just the interaction is so rewarding sometimes makes the waiting worth it some celebs are better then others but i really do appreciate the ones that sign with care and not just scribble all over

Yes, also it's better because you actually get to talk with them for a few minutes and it's not rushed either depending on where they're located at the con. Plus if the handler sees you're interacting they don't usually cut it if it's a short line either.

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Tue May 07, 2024 9:53 pm

deadlycollects wrote:
Kenshin21 wrote:Autographs to me are more from the memory of meeting and talking to the celebrity. Pretty cool experiences

Much rather pay to get it in person instead of sending it in but sometimes its hard to make it to inperson, i guess just comes down to how youre able to get it

Yeah totally agree! Love getting them in person! The experience to briefly talk to the celebrity and sometimes taking selfies with them makes it worth it. Especially for some that do multiple selfies and making funny faces in between shots!

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Wed May 08, 2024 1:03 am

desdin28 wrote:
deadlycollects wrote:

Yeah totally agree! Love getting them in person! The experience to briefly talk to the celebrity and sometimes taking selfies with them makes it worth it. Especially for some that do multiple selfies and making funny faces in between shots!

Even if its a few seconds to chat, i wanna be able to see it happen with my own eyes :cheers:

FunkoSimpson92

Postby FunkoSimpson92 » Wed May 08, 2024 1:12 am

Just got our first autographed pops and we did in person signatures at NYCC. Was amazing to meet and chat with them and makes it much more significant in our collection!

Have always been against the autos on pops but getting them in person and being able to know it’s 100% legit is amazing.
I think the only other way I’d get a signed pop in my PC is from one of the 7BAP limited runs, they have some people who might not be at cons anymore or too famous lol

My next step is a Blacklight reactive signature to make something pop! Maybe Mike’s on a Blacklight Freddy at SDCC!

Cheers all!

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Wed May 08, 2024 3:08 am

FunkoSimpson92 wrote:Just got our first autographed pops and we did in person signatures at NYCC. Was amazing to meet and chat with them and makes it much more significant in our collection!

Have always been against the autos on pops but getting them in person and being able to know it’s 100% legit is amazing.
I think the only other way I’d get a signed pop in my PC is from one of the 7BAP limited runs, they have some people who might not be at cons anymore or too famous lol

My next step is a Blacklight reactive signature to make something pop! Maybe Mike’s on a Blacklight Freddy at SDCC!

Cheers all!

So a blacklight reactive signature sounds cool! I hope you do get Mike's sig!
ImageImage
ImageImage

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Wed May 08, 2024 3:43 am

I personally like the autographs on pops better than 8 x 10s or posters because it's weird, I am getting the character signed. I was devastated when I got Vincent D'Onofrio on my Wilson Fisk pop at Fan Expo Toronto but he wouldn't put Kingpin on it because of the strike. I will get my Kingpin inscription. I love the experience

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:42 am

movieman1981 wrote:I personally like the autographs on pops better than 8 x 10s or posters because it's weird, I am getting the character signed. I was devastated when I got Vincent D'Onofrio on my Wilson Fisk pop at Fan Expo Toronto but he wouldn't put Kingpin on it because of the strike. I will get my Kingpin inscription. I love the experience

Hope you get it signed somewhere else, definitely it's a different experience when you have it sign yourself
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

iRomey74

Postby iRomey74 » Wed May 08, 2024 7:49 am

I like certain sigs on pops. Like I have the NFT daemon Targaryen (Matt smith) with quote on the front, Image
Sdcc 2012 Loki signed by Stan Lee , Cody Rhodes in his 2023 outfit wrestle mania.I guess it is the ones I’ll never part with… well not for now
Last edited by iRomey74 on Wed May 08, 2024 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Sdcc:2012,2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2022
Fundays: struck out every year since 2012

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed May 08, 2024 7:59 am

My fav signatures theres either a quote or a doodle.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 am

This past weekend I got Live Action Sokka, added live action zuko to the side of a box signed by don't Basco and then I git the azula VA. Happy collection.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

dominicrosales23

Postby dominicrosales23 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:50 pm

I used to not be a fan of the signed pops, feeling they eat up too much of the display. But then I met Nadji Jeter (voice of cartoon and voice/action capture of video game Miles Morales). Was a super nice guy and shared his excitement for the soon to be released, at the time, Spider-man 2 game. Got a quote and beautiful signature in a perfect color scheme. Ever since then I've added a few autos, particularly voice actors. Currently have a signed Miles Morales, Mewtwo, nightwing, and Master Chief. Also have some signed Fluffy's. Once you get one signed piece, it's so easy to fall in love with other ones, especially if they have quotes.

Frenom

Postby Frenom » Wed May 08, 2024 5:29 pm

Im a 1000000% down with getting your pops signed what better way to personalize your collection. Especially if its those actors are from shows you truly love. I regret not getting Carl Weathers Autograph. I'm a big fan of the old Rocky, Predator, 80-90s action movies!

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:28 am

I like the window signed but with Ghostface to get the whole cast, there are signatures everywhere. Top sides window. It's nuts cause you want an autograph and the actor might die one day and you missed out.
Last edited by movieman1981 on Thu May 09, 2024 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi-Noah

Postby Jedi-Noah » Sat May 11, 2024 3:46 pm

dominicrosales23 wrote:I used to not be a fan of the signed pops, feeling they eat up too much of the display. But then I met Nadji Jeter (voice of cartoon and voice/action capture of video game Miles Morales). Was a super nice guy and shared his excitement for the soon to be released, at the time, Spider-man 2 game. Got a quote and beautiful signature in a perfect color scheme. Ever since then I've added a few autos, particularly voice actors. Currently have a signed Miles Morales, Mewtwo, nightwing, and Master Chief. Also have some signed Fluffy's. Once you get one signed piece, it's so easy to fall in love with other ones, especially if they have quotes.

I agree. With the colored pens, the autograph and quotes are the part of the Pop display

Starwarsfanatic1

Postby Starwarsfanatic1 » Sat May 11, 2024 4:12 pm

I have been slowly working on getting pops signed by the Avengers cast from the first movie. So far I have Cap, Thor and Hawkeye. Anyone else working on this set too?
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24
FUNDAYS 2019, 2022, 2023
FUNKON 2021

Return to “Pop!”