Your First Freddy Funko Pop?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sealordbrian

Re: Your First Freddy Funko Pop?

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:51 am

Hermes wrote:
sealordbrian wrote:My first Funko Pop! was the Sheldon Cooper wearing Batman t-shirt from SDCC. I was walking through a local mall, post SDCC and saw the owner of a local comic book store. He asked if there was anything I was looking for and I told him no, not that that time. He then asked me to come in and see what he got from SDCC. One of those items was the Sheldon Cooper Pop! and he sold it to me for $5 (a deal I'm sure he wouldn't make again today).

That sounds like a great find! $5 for a Freddy! Sheesh! Do you happen to have a photo?

I do. It's just buried into a wall display right now, which I'll have down next month. And when I do, I'll get a photo of it up. It's funny, because for the longest time, I literally had it sitting out (no protector), banged into that box several times, knocked it off the table and the box is absolutely mint. I guess it's better sometimes to be lucky, rather than good.

Ravergirl27

Postby Ravergirl27 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Flammin Freddy Funko Royalty NFT - Iron Maiden set
Love it!

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:39 am

my first Freddy was from the fan club, from there I'm not sure.

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:52 am

Oddly enough, it was the Freddy Funko as Yoda. There was a local guy to me that had gone to Fundays, got it and then realized he didn't want it. Put it up for, I think a $100, and I was like I should pick it up. Met him in a park, he had that, the C3PO Freddy and Ant-Man Freddy. He sold all 3 to me for $250. I just bought them because I thought they looked good; little did I realize the price jump they'd have (at the time).

boolaboo

Postby boolaboo » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:29 pm

First Funko was Batman. I still remember going to a Toys R Us in Canada during class break in university and seeing a bunch of them there with chases for WW, Flash, GL and just thinking they were cute.
Yours Truly, Melissa :)

RyceBallz

Postby RyceBallz » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:02 am

My first Freddy pop was Freddy as Superman (Man of Steel). Had just started collecting and had no idea what I was getting into, but it definitely set off a frenzy in my collecting!
Hi! I'm Joey!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:05 am

sealordbrian wrote:Oddly enough, it was the Freddy Funko as Yoda. There was a local guy to me that had gone to Fundays, got it and then realized he didn't want it. Put it up for, I think a $100, and I was like I should pick it up. Met him in a park, he had that, the C3PO Freddy and Ant-Man Freddy. He sold all 3 to me for $250. I just bought them because I thought they looked good; little did I realize the price jump they'd have (at the time).

I remember seeing that one at display before I got one. The joy to bought mine. Absolutely a funko grail

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:14 pm

zonkttc wrote:
sealordbrian wrote:Oddly enough, it was the Freddy Funko as Yoda. There was a local guy to me that had gone to Fundays, got it and then realized he didn't want it. Put it up for, I think a $100, and I was like I should pick it up. Met him in a park, he had that, the C3PO Freddy and Ant-Man Freddy. He sold all 3 to me for $250. I just bought them because I thought they looked good; little did I realize the price jump they'd have (at the time).

I remember seeing that one at display before I got one. The joy to bought mine. Absolutely a funko grail

Thanks. Totally agree.

DG_FunkPoppa

Postby DG_FunkPoppa » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:19 pm

RyceBallz wrote:My first Freddy pop was Freddy as Superman (Man of Steel). Had just started collecting and had no idea what I was getting into, but it definitely set off a frenzy in my collecting!

Amazing! That pop is sooo dope!

joeb0011

Postby joeb0011 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:57 am

my first freddy was freddy as kylo ren
ImageImage

Orozcoj24

Postby Orozcoj24 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 am

DG_FunkPoppa wrote:What was your first freddy funko pop? How did you get it?!

My first Freddy Funkos were part of the Fright Night 2022 Online release. I ended up getting the Nosferatu Freddy along with the Zombie and Lagoon. (I started collecting less than a year ago.)

I look forward to hearing about your first freddy story!

Crystal Freddy, wasnt into freddys but this one was unique and then went down the freddy rabbit hole after

Orozcoj24

Postby Orozcoj24 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:06 am

RyceBallz wrote:My first Freddy pop was Freddy as Superman (Man of Steel). Had just started collecting and had no idea what I was getting into, but it definitely set off a frenzy in my collecting!

Such a cool one

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:12 pm

Orozcoj24 wrote:

Such a cool one

That was my first Freddy too! I got to go to Fundays 2017 It was in the Box of Fun along with the Freddy Russian Superman and a Power Ranger that I traded for The Kingdom Come Freddy Superman. At the end of the night, I learned of the Star Wars Freddy Poe/X-Wing Pilot and that started me on a path to get the Star Wars Freddy’s from then on!
Hi! I’m Eric

Orozcoj24

Postby Orozcoj24 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:48 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Orozcoj24 wrote:

Such a cool one

That was my first Freddy too! I got to go to Fundays 2017 It was in the Box of Fun along with the Freddy Russian Superman and a Power Ranger that I traded for The Kingdom Come Freddy Superman. At the end of the night, I learned of the Star Wars Freddy Poe/X-Wing Pilot and that started me on a path to get the Star Wars Freddy’s from then on!

Crazy how they released 3 different Freddy Supermans that year, i love all 3, they should make more kingdom come

VickiBabchin

Postby VickiBabchin » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:53 pm

I think it was the space needle Freddy from Funko HQ.

CAHLEB

Postby CAHLEB » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm

I'm almost positive it was Freddy as Freddie Mercury from the Box of Fun.

Chuckles00012

Postby Chuckles00012 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:57 pm

My first Freddy was from the Hall H panel at SDCC 2022. The Comic-Con Attendee Freddy. I love it. The only drawback is that it doesn't have the Hall H sticker. It came in a sealed box so the sticker was not out on during manufacturing. It's still one that I will keep forever.

desdin28

Postby desdin28 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 pm

Believe my first every Freddy Funko pop was the Freddy as robot funko exclusive from the old site! If it was a specific character, believe it would be the Freddy Funko as Skull Trooper!

Universalman

Postby Universalman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 pm

Ironically, I believe my first Freddy was Freddy as Batman.

nostaljay

Postby nostaljay » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:31 pm

I think my first exclusive was the Toy of the year Freddy, I dont even think I have him anymore. But I do own a bunch of other Freddy's
ImageImage
#TEAMPROTOROBOS #TEAMFUNAMUCK BEARS

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm

My first big freddy was freddy as Jack Skellington

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 pm

Im pretty sure my first Freddy was a Social Media Freddy that I won from one of the Funko podcast giveaways. Now my collection is mostly Freddys
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

Nexus413

Postby Nexus413 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:32 pm

I got mine from a funday box, joker surfboard fredddy

Universalman

Postby Universalman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 pm

stayf3d wrote:Im pretty sure my first Freddy was a Social Media Freddy that I won from one of the Funko podcast giveaways. Now my collection is mostly Freddys

That's not a bad idea... love Freddy's, perhaps my focus goes that direction.

nostaljay

Postby nostaljay » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 pm

stayf3d wrote:Im pretty sure my first Freddy was a Social Media Freddy that I won from one of the Funko podcast giveaways. Now my collection is mostly Freddys

They got you hooked on Freddys! :freddy2:
ImageImage
#TEAMPROTOROBOS #TEAMFUNAMUCK BEARS

Lilfinger

Postby Lilfinger » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:22 am

The first Freddy in my actual collection and not my husband was Sam from trick r treat

Return to “Pop!”