Pop! Yourself

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Re: Pop! Yourself

Postby Jezter » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Got mine a couple days ago. Beard and glasses were loose in the box, hair/hat was pushed back a bit giving me a huge forehead. I was able to snap the hair/hat back in place and the beard snapped in, although it awkwardly goes up under my sideburns, so might have to trim those a bit. Glasses don't really fit well and I can see them falling off again easily, especially since I'll be taking it out of the box a lot for pictures. I'll likely glue the beard and glasses in place to be sure at some point. Body is a little wobbly with the head, but I love that the arms move up and down a bit. Didn't really have any grayish brown/dirty blonde colors so just did light brown. Only accessory I got was a camera, although wish I had grabbed a pizza as well. Was able to get a hoody but no regular jeans with black boots, so went with black pants and black boots. Very happy about the fitted black baseball hat, but the only options with it were bald or longer hair, neither of which I have, but went with the hair.
Overall I dig it, and look forward to getting a variant or two of myself eventually. Had considered getting a "super" version of myself, but they didn't have the same color for the bottoms that I wanted to match the top, so I skipped it for now. Box seems a little thin but I did get a hard box protector, even though I didn't request one, that I recall.

Pretty cool, but do hope the kinks get worked out and more customizations are made down the road with more options added for every category.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:57 am

Oatmealman wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:Finally ordered one yesterday. Got a beanie accessory that I plan to paint yellow :)

Would expect nothing less! I was bummed there weren’t more options for accessories but I have one on the way too.

Luckily the beanie accessory comes off easily! Should be a fun project.
Are you happy with yours?
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:22 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:Finally ordered one yesterday. Got a beanie accessory that I plan to paint yellow :)

Would expect nothing less! I was bummed there weren’t more options for accessories but I have one on the way too.

It’s not too bad! A bit generic looking but as close as I could get. Also went with the foam finger haha

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:57 am

Oatmealman wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

It’s not too bad! A bit generic looking but as close as I could get. Also went with the foam finger haha

Yeah I hope they expand their accessories and stuffs so we can make it close to ourselves as possible
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:50 am

The QC on a lot of these is a bit off!

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:39 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Yeah I hope they expand their accessories and stuffs so we can make it close to ourselves as possible

I’m sure over time the selection will grow! And yes hopefully more facial features to look more identical
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

jondru

Postby jondru » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:44 pm

my wife's is great
Andrew

bitmap

Postby bitmap » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:33 pm

really tempted to make another one since when i went to the hollywood location the accessories were incredibly limited.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:10 am

bitmap wrote:really tempted to make another one since when i went to the hollywood location the accessories were incredibly limited.

I ended up making another one because they were out of my skin tone and the hoodie when I went to HQ in July. I don't regret it, it looks a lot better.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:50 am

I've been wanting to get this done but seeing some videos online where parts are falling off. Might just wait until I can visit the store in Hollywood.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:38 am

Finally came in and not too bad! The foam finger was floating around in the box but I’m pretty happy with it.

Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Dave17251

Postby Dave17251 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:44 am

Oof, the QC issue with these is making me want to wait. Are these the same when making them in person?

mrodr110

Postby mrodr110 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:56 am

I am excited to do mine and one for each of my kids. Hopefully no issues when we do.

RyceBallz

Postby RyceBallz » Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:57 am

Dave17251 wrote:Oof, the QC issue with these is making me want to wait. Are these the same when making them in person?

They're technically the same thing with a different Pop! box. Only difference is they're not being shipped and at the mercy of USPS/DHL, so the pieces have a chance to come apart during transit.
Hi! I'm Joey!

Yassiefay4

Postby Yassiefay4 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:19 am

Got my pop yourself canceled with no explanation. Has anyone had this issue?

RyceBallz

Postby RyceBallz » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:22 am

Yassiefay4 wrote:Got my pop yourself canceled with no explanation. Has anyone had this issue?

I've ordered two so far and no issues with them. Sorry to hear yours was canceled. :(
Hi! I'm Joey!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:27 am

Hope to order one in person at the HQ someday!

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:28 am

Mine arrived and looked great, glad we can do this online now!
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

Guyhoff

Postby Guyhoff » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:56 am

I did the pop yourself last year at the Hollywood store! It was fun, but they really need more color choices for lightsabers!
Terry
Cleveland, OH
YouTube: Headless Ned Stark
https://linktr.ee/headlessnedstark

SDCC - 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024

NYCC - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

SW Celebration - 2019, 2022

Funko Fundays - 2023

Fright Night - 2022

PopQueen27

Postby PopQueen27 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:20 pm

I did the pop yourself this week and I wish there was more clothing options and longer hair.
:freddy3: PopQueen27
IG : PopQueen27NYC

SDCC : 2022, 2023
NYCC: 2022
Fright Night : 2022 in costume contest dressed as myself
Funfest: 2023

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:33 pm

PopQueen27 wrote:I did the pop yourself this week and I wish there was more clothing options and longer hair.

Maybe we will have more assortments in the future
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:37 pm

Dave17251 wrote:Oof, the QC issue with these is making me want to wait. Are these the same when making them in person?

Yes - the pieces fit in with little notches on the side of the head and facial hair also has one below the nose. Jostling them will make pieces come off but they snap right back on. Our HQ ‘selves’ had pieces fall off during the flight home and I just put them back in place.

It’s an assembly line of parts, kinda of like the Lego Build a Minifigure, so it’s not glued in like a manufactured Pop.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

heymrosario
SCCA 2023
SCCA 2023

Postby heymrosario » Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:50 pm

Who's ready to make a spooky POP! of yourself?! I know I am!

Hey there, I'm Marc! (•◡•)
Collector since '14 • Photographer • Designer
Follow me on Instagram: @heymrosario

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:19 pm

I love this idea, I need the in-office day to end so I can go check it out!
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:26 pm

Now, those Halloween options are something I can get behind! I feel pretty spooky year round, so there's never a bad time!
:dkjoker1:

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:01 am

I can’t wait until I can pop myself again and now with Halloween editions…I can’t wait!! I’m hoping they do it at Hollywood HQ.
ImageImageImage

zachattack

Postby zachattack » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:08 am

rexflexall wrote:The QC on a lot of these is a bit off!

Agreed. I ordered 2 for my kids (boy and girl) and when I got the order, the eyelashes were on my sons face and not on my daughters. I emailed them with a picture of the mix up and a picture of what I ordered. Still haven't heard back. Hopefully they can fix these.
Sincerely,
Zach Attack!
Funatic of the Month for March 2024
Photo-A-Day Challenge December 2023 "Movie Night"
FunkoSodaSaturday Winner April 2022

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:34 am

zachattack wrote:
rexflexall wrote:The QC on a lot of these is a bit off!

Agreed. I ordered 2 for my kids (boy and girl) and when I got the order, the eyelashes were on my sons face and not on my daughters. I emailed them with a picture of the mix up and a picture of what I ordered. Still haven't heard back. Hopefully they can fix these.

The paint app on my friend's Pop yourself had some smudges on the back of the head!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Happy to report with some discussion with the wife it was deemed logical to get a Halloween variant of me, so I ordered one yesterday. :D

I got the skeleton body, skull and pumpkin basket accessories and the ghost and black cat(in honor of our cat we had to say goodbye too last weekend), so as long as all comes in good shape, will be pretty happy. It was a little steep in price after the extras, but it was more of a "we've been together so many years" anniversary gift from the wife, so it works.

I was hoping they'd have cool options like a Freddy K shirt and clawed glove or maybe a Killer Klown body, but this is good for now.

Also hoping they fix the superhero outfit to have the bottoms that go with the red and gray top. I don't like the other two superhero options, I need that red and gray bottom/pants please. :D

I'll likely be getting one for my son and his cat that we just lost even though he doesn't care about pops, plus one for the wife and one for my daughter, all for Christmas.

Pops!- 750ish

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:00 pm

Rcmal1 wrote:Through Funko.com they are doing an early sign up for 100 appreciation points to be the first to craft an individualized Pop!. I almost missed the announcement so wanted to post here so yall can take advantage of it if you wanted to. Really cool they only end up costing $30.

:freddy1: anybody knows if there are any new accessories or features? Last time I wanted the hair to be much longer and other accessories but werent avaliable. :compress:

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:07 pm

zonkttc wrote:
Rcmal1 wrote:Through Funko.com they are doing an early sign up for 100 appreciation points to be the first to craft an individualized Pop!. I almost missed the announcement so wanted to post here so yall can take advantage of it if you wanted to. Really cool they only end up costing $30.

:freddy1: anybody knows if there are any new accessories or features? Last time I wanted the hair to be much longer and other accessories but werent avaliable. :compress:

I meannnnn...open it up and take a peek and you'll see, lol, but I think the only new accessories are for Funkoween, along with two new Halloween outfits. No new hairstyles yet that I saw. :/

Pops!- 750ish

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:22 pm

I love the Halloween outfits. I bet they do this for other holidays and I might not be able to resist Christmas clothes.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:47 pm

Oof those ghosts are the coolest!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

liiilzz

Postby liiilzz » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:28 am

Love the pop yourself but hope more options will be readily available so it can look as close to us as possible

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:37 am

scullysdad wrote:I love the Halloween outfits. I bet they do this for other holidays and I might not be able to resist Christmas clothes.

I will be all over the Christmas one if they add it online!
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:19 am

Ohlordypops wrote:
scullysdad wrote:I love the Halloween outfits. I bet they do this for other holidays and I might not be able to resist Christmas clothes.

I will be all over the Christmas one if they add it online!

This will be tough, because I want to get pops for the son, wife and daughter as Christmas gifts, might have to do those soon and let the wife know she'll have to get me a Christmas gift of a pop of myself with a Christmas outfit. I have JC and now new variant Halloween JC on the way, I'll need a Christmas JC for sure! :D
$30 isn't bad, but when you add in the extras it gets a little pricey, but as a Funatic, it's kind of worth it. :D

I don't know if there any others I'd get...probably not a Thanksgiving JC or a New Years JC, but maybe Easter JC and if they do something for Fathers day then maybe that. Halloween and Christmas though, 100%

Just need them to add in the gray and red pants for the superhero costume, so I can get Super JC also. :D

Also, FYI to any Funko employees who might read this, would love a jester's costume option as well, as someone who goes by Jezter on the forums and CourtJezter on IG, it's a must have. :joker:

Pops!- 750ish

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:43 am

Oatmealman wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Oatmealman wrote:

:bounce: I hope and think funko is improving that look. Because yea the pieces are mass produced but there can be room for customization like stickers or color variations. I'm hoping that the next one i buy looks more like me. We'll just have to wait and see. :compress: :freddy2:

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:19 am

Super happy that we got Halloween costumes and accessories! I was hoping for a Jack-O-Lantern POP buddy, but was pleasantly surprised to see a cute ghost buddy!

Maybe we can expect some festive-themed accessories for Winter?

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:56 am

The new halloween costumes def have me considering getting another..
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:23 am

I am digging the skeleton one...I will def get one bc its too darn cool and spooky to pass on. Hopefully we shall see Christmas variants in the coming months

Return to “Pop!”