Shipping pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Funko Ronin

Re: Shipping pops

Postby Funko Ronin » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:39 pm

akagalar wrote:On a slightly related note, I hate it when I open a package and get hit with the smell of cigarettes.
I then have to sniff the pop box like a puppy to see if any of the smell has transferred onto it.
I think most of the time it comes from reused shipping boxes.

I also hate the smell.

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:24 pm

Funko Ronin wrote:
akagalar wrote:On a slightly related note, I hate it when I open a package and get hit with the smell of cigarettes.
I then have to sniff the pop box like a puppy to see if any of the smell has transferred onto it.

I also hate the smell.

Interesting, I haven't had that experience yet
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:24 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Funko Ronin wrote:

I also hate the smell.

Interesting, I haven't had that experience yet

I've heard bout this too. What I heard from another seller who does smoke (like you can smell it off them. They do not smoke when near their inventory as per them they do it as a precaution) they put the pop is in an airtight package aside the box then place a couple of silica gel packets with a drop of eo. Nothing strong but enough to keep peace. I appreciate that so much because I live with someone who is immensely sesentive to smell.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:51 am

Any tips on shipping pops bigger than the average size? I feel my packing game is off with anything not standard or bitty

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:24 am

zonkttc wrote:Any tips on shipping pops bigger than the average size? I feel my packing game is off with anything not standard or bitty

ideally you have a pop protector but if not then bubble wrap and a good box
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:06 pm

hpellot wrote:
zonkttc wrote:Any tips on shipping pops bigger than the average size? I feel my packing game is off with anything not standard or bitty

Thank you

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:31 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Funko Ronin wrote:

I also hate the smell.

Lucky for me ive never had this issue but i hate the smell of smoke so I know I would hate this :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:33 pm

Double box if you can with a lot of bubble Wrap. Shipping is always a pain on anything over 6 inches. Its the main reason why most collects dont buy the 10 in ones at cons. Trying to bring them home is a hugh pain.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:50 pm

Dv8sian wrote:

Double box if you can with a lot of bubble Wrap. Shipping is always a pain on anything over 6 inches. Its the main reason why most collects dont buy the 10 in ones at cons. Trying to bring them home is a hugh pain.

I hear ya. Thanks

Arneldenal

Postby Arneldenal » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:50 pm

MajorMilkyway wrote:What do you guys prefer when receiving pops? I love when I buy from websites and they either bubble wrap the pop or a sorter and fill the gaps with paper and some stuff

8x6x4 and bubble wrap

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:14 pm

Arneldenal wrote:
MajorMilkyway wrote:What do you guys prefer when receiving pops? I love when I buy from websites and they either bubble wrap the pop or a sorter and fill the gaps with paper and some stuff

8x6x4 and bubble wrap

That works. I like 9x6x4 for extra bubble protection.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Arneldenal

Postby Arneldenal » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:55 pm

Dv8sian wrote:

Agreed

x88joe88x

Postby x88joe88x » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:33 am

I usually go sorter and bubble wrap then onto another box. If I don’t have sorters than either soft or hard protector
Instagram: popstop_nyc
YouTube.com/@popstopnyc
ImageImage Image
Collector since 2013!
750 pops and counting…
NYCC since 2013
SDCC 2023, 2024
C2E2 2024

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:02 am

x88joe88x wrote:

I usually go sorter and bubble wrap then onto another box. If I don’t have sorters than either soft or hard protector

that works i think for the non normal size items it can be harder unless you have some of the more obscure pop protectors
ImageImageImage

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:08 pm

hpellot wrote:
x88joe88x wrote:

that works i think for the non normal size items it can be harder unless you have some of the more obscure pop protectors

I know I'm gonna sound like a newb but what do you recommend for large pop protectors?

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:51 pm

zonkttc wrote:
hpellot wrote:
x88joe88x wrote:

I know I'm gonna sound like a newb but what do you recommend for large pop protectors?

I know retrro protection makes some obscure sizes
ImageImageImage

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:20 pm

hpellot wrote:
zonkttc wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Thanks ill look into them.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:58 pm

zonkttc wrote:
hpellot wrote:
zonkttc wrote:I know I'm gonna sound like a newb but what do you recommend for large pop protectors?

Thanks ill look into them.

No problem glad I could help
ImageImageImage

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:09 pm

I prefer sorter and bubble wrap for cheaper pops. Sometimes people will use soft protectors that are too small for the pop and inadvertently damage them.

If the value is really high, 7BAP pop armor is nice. I feel Funko's hard protectors are hit or miss sometimes.

kidleaderkty

Postby kidleaderkty » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:18 pm

A sorter if available and some bubble wrap, or a soft protector and bubble wrap is good.
SDCC 2024, first time attending!

Next on my list is to attend Fundays!

Anime fanatic

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:21 pm

diabolix wrote:I prefer sorter and bubble wrap for cheaper pops. Sometimes people will use soft protectors that are too small for the pop and inadvertently damage them.

If the value is really high, 7BAP pop armor is nice. I feel Funko's hard protectors are hit or miss sometimes.

7BAP pop armor is really nice
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:26 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
diabolix wrote:I prefer sorter and bubble wrap for cheaper pops. Sometimes people will use soft protectors that are too small for the pop and inadvertently damage them.

Amen to that! I've been wanting to try Vaulted Vinyl's Legendary hard protector, but $20+ for a protector is a bit too rich for my blood haha

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 pm

diabolix wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

Amen to that! I've been wanting to try Vaulted Vinyl's Legendary hard protector, but $20+ for a protector is a bit too rich for my blood haha

Vaulted vinyl hard protectors are 100% my favorite

The price is hard to justify though :( If I ever see a sale though I'd probably buy the bulk 10 pack

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 am

Meowmix4 wrote:
diabolix wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

The price is hard to justify though :( If I ever see a sale though I'd probably buy the bulk 10 pack

I have one of the ones from Vaulted. They had a sale one year on Xmas day where every purchase got a free one. It's nice, and I think the plastic is clearer than the Armor, but I don't think it's so much better that I need to switch to them. They do come in a cool velvet bag, like a bag of Crown Royal or something lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:24 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
diabolix wrote:

I have one of the ones from Vaulted. They had a sale one year on Xmas day where every purchase got a free one. It's nice, and I think the plastic is clearer than the Armor, but I don't think it's so much better that I need to switch to them. They do come in a cool velvet bag, like a bag of Crown Royal or something lol

The bag made me think the same thing too lol

That luxury feel haha

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Meowmix4 wrote:
diabolix wrote:

I hope they do that sale again, I'd rather try one for free before I fully commit

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:41 pm

hpellot wrote:

I agree, I usually throw in some extra cash if someone can include or ship to me in an old pop protector. Being in Canada my purchases usually cross a border and can get pretty beat up
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:08 pm

Meowmix4 wrote:
diabolix wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

it would have be a grail for me to justify the 20 bucks for a protector
ImageImageImage

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:56 am

I'd love it if the companies provide free shipping at a certain order amount but instead I've seen shipping prices increase with addition of more Pops which I don't see it being justified. I've sold and shipped pops in the past and the cost of shipping is a bit much. Also they would throw in a free protector with their pops which I am a fan of but of course...it's already covered by the rate they charge for pop and shipping.

Really love Hot Topic and Boxlunch with their cardboard sorters. Gamestop uses sorters too but they're the cheap kind.
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:32 am

dr-FOMO wrote:I'd love it if the companies provide free shipping at a certain order amount but instead I've seen shipping prices increase with addition of more Pops which I don't see it being justified. I've sold and shipped pops in the past and the cost of shipping is a bit much. Also they would throw in a free protector with their pops which I am a fan of but of course...it's already covered by the rate they charge for pop and shipping.

Really love Hot Topic and Boxlunch with their cardboard sorters. Gamestop uses sorters too but they're the cheap kind.

Yeah that's why I prefer hottopic ship to store. For some reason the carrier to the store are a bit more careful

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:19 pm

zonkttc wrote:
dr-FOMO wrote:I'd love it if the companies provide free shipping at a certain order amount but instead I've seen shipping prices increase with addition of more Pops which I don't see it being justified. I've sold and shipped pops in the past and the cost of shipping is a bit much. Also they would throw in a free protector with their pops which I am a fan of but of course...it's already covered by the rate they charge for pop and shipping.

Yeah that's why I prefer hottopic ship to store. For some reason the carrier to the store are a bit more careful

You think so? I haven't had my misfortune when I went for the ship to store option but I've seen the pops they feature on the shelves in pretty bad shape.
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:33 am

hpellot wrote:
zonkttc wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Trui tend to personally ship in a medium grade pop protector a bit thicker than normal and bubble wrapped and in a strong box

I feel like its an unpopular take but I feel bubble wrap isn't enough for me if its just one layer or the thin kind of bubble wrap

I think anything over a common should be a in a pop protector as well as bubble wrapped

I second this and it's usually what I do.
Calvin

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:40 pm

Funkolotz1622 wrote:

The pop armors are my favorite. I'm too cheap for the vaulted vinyl ones and some of the funko ones have a bump on the inside bottom.

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:37 pm

xanchui wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

The pop armors are my favorite. I'm too cheap for the vaulted vinyl ones and some of the funko ones have a bump on the inside bottom.

Sold where I'm from. I love using those

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:16 am

xanchui wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

Yep the one from fundays all had the inside bump
ImageImageImage

diabolix

Postby diabolix » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:27 am

hpellot wrote:
xanchui wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

Hate the ones from Fundays. Had some pops shipped in them and they all got damaged on the bottom flap, cause that bump was quite sharp.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:40 am

diabolix wrote:
hpellot wrote:
xanchui wrote:

Hate the ones from Fundays. Had some pops shipped in them and they all got damaged on the bottom flap, cause that bump was quite sharp.

Exactly
I noticed them and never used them i got rid of them
ImageImageImage

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:06 pm

Used them for extra. Not really anything extraordinary important

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:19 pm

Used them for extra. Not really anything extraordinary important

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:23 pm

I think it depends on the value of the pop, but if it is a very expensive pop I would feel safe with a double box. When I make a purchase I reach out to the seller to talk about shipping methods and they are usually cool about it. For example, it's important to have some kind of cushioning in a package, but also not so much that it creates too much pressure in the package. I unfortunately had a grail sustain major damage when the seller overstuffed the box way too much.

Return to “Pop!”