Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Fnava87

Re: Low LE Freddy Pop Or Funko Proto Pop

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:21 am

Dave17251 wrote:Low LE. I love me a good proto but something about having something so limited is really cool. I know protos are also very rare but the lack of paint is killer for me.

Yes!!! A nice Freddy mold 100% done hits different lol

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:29 am

Love everyone's comments I am gonna go with the low count freddy
:freddy3:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:27 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I like protos but overall, I think I’d prefer a lower LE

BUT the ultimate preference is both lol

Yeah definitely having both is nice specially if you want the proto to match the Freddy/Pop.

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:28 pm

Here's the "older than dirt" perspective - Protos are a novelty to be sure ... they always have been and probably always will be. I was fortunate to be involved in the hobby back when you could manage to get several in a single trip to SDCC if you were fortunate! Back then, we learned how protypes were a part of the manufacturing process, and usually there were at least 6 made in white form and 6 made in colored PVC that were sent for approval. I don't know with the advent of 3-D modeling and printing if so many are made today, but lets assume they still send about the same amount of protos for approval. Some people are willing to pay huge prices to be able to acquire any proto, and much more so for their favorite Pop in proto form. That's cool if that is what you like. Me personally, I would rather have a very limited production Freddy. They are more a souvenir of the event (like SDCC, or funday) than a prototype. Both are fine to have and collect !
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:21 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:I've never had a proto and my lowest number is the joker 2-pack but it depends on my attachment. I probably would just keep the proto unless it was a LE one I really wanted like a low Marvel Freddy. If I ever get a proto I guess I'll find out what I'll do.

You can always buy a proto in some retailer. It's nice to have a proto though especially if it's free

How do I know if a proto is legit though? I only know one retailer I trust that would have legit ones but I don't get there often. Its so hard to trust these days with so many fakes now I feel like I missed my proto chance unless I get to Fundays and even then its not guaranteed anymore.
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

Prime_Pops

Postby Prime_Pops » Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:23 pm

Jdrose_4 wrote:
Prime_Pops wrote:I've never had a proto and my lowest number is the joker 2-pack but it depends on my attachment. I probably would just keep the proto unless it was a LE one I really wanted like a low Marvel Freddy. If I ever get a proto I guess I'll find out what I'll do.

yeah, I’m in the same boat with you as well with the two-pack and if I get my first Freddy prototype, it will be something I will have to figure out what I’m gonna do if I want to have a Rebok store if I’m going to just have it out in the wild.

How to display it is a great question. I have a couple of friends that have made proto boxes so I guess I could do that if I ever get a proto.
More Spidey Pops? Yes please! :spiderman:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:31 am

cliffd64 wrote:Here's the "older than dirt" perspective - Protos are a novelty to be sure ... they always have been and probably always will be. I was fortunate to be involved in the hobby back when you could manage to get several in a single trip to SDCC if you were fortunate! Back then, we learned how protypes were a part of the manufacturing process, and usually there were at least 6 made in white form and 6 made in colored PVC that were sent for approval. I don't know with the advent of 3-D modeling and printing if so many are made today, but lets assume they still send about the same amount of protos for approval. Some people are willing to pay huge prices to be able to acquire any proto, and much more so for their favorite Pop in proto form. That's cool if that is what you like. Me personally, I would rather have a very limited production Freddy. They are more a souvenir of the event (like SDCC, or funday) than a prototype. Both are fine to have and collect !

Well said agree 100% with this =D> I am going to call it and say Freddy wins this take :freddy2:

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:42 pm

Fnava87 wrote:Happy Sunday Funatics,

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

What’s your Take? :freddy2:

Anakin being such an icon i can see that being a trade that people would give up protos for. Im hoping i can come across captain america freddy proto.

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:41 pm

I rather Le pop than Proto .
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:02 pm

For me, guess it depends on the IP. If I'm a massive fan of, let's say MOTU-- which I am an insane fan of, and my proto is not from that line I'd make the trade.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:39 pm

This is so tough. I love love collecting protos BUT I started with Pops and my love for Freddy. I think I would have an impossible time choosing. It would for sure depend on the Freddy because those productions just seem to represent the Collecting as a whole for me. The beginning, the mascot. Then I also look at the protos as going even deeper into the collecting because it the process of how these are made etc. which seems to come the more you get into the Funko love of how it began. See its sophies choice LOL
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

inglip

Postby inglip » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:01 am

Protos are nice, because they kinda show how the Pop came into inception from the concept. That being said, I personally prefer the Freddy because of my personal love of cosplay and those are representative of that.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:20 pm

Anhtrung05 wrote:I think it depends on what the person likes. For me, the Proto is nice because of its rarity. However, if the Freddy is a nice piece, like it glows and is a character I like, then I would go for the Freddy.

Yeah I hear you not an easy question sorry :roflmao:

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:50 pm

Low count Freddy would be nice. I never liked the Protos I mean its an unfinished product in a sense Some people collect them but it wont be me.

Mrswestcoastfunko

Postby Mrswestcoastfunko » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:05 pm

I think I prefer the low LE pop… still need BL shaggy… ughh
ImageImage

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:20 am

Jarrieta13 wrote:Low count Freddy would be nice. I never liked the Protos I mean its an unfinished product in a sense Some people collect them but it wont be me.

Yeah for sure low LE Freddy’s is the way! :headbang: Also really enjoy your profile pic all those Freddy’s look nice! :eek:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:22 am

Mrswestcoastfunko wrote:I think I prefer the low LE pop… still need BL shaggy… ughh

Yeah that’s a great one, should’ve bought one at fundays ](*,)

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:36 am

Fnava87 wrote:
Mrswestcoastfunko wrote:I think I prefer the low LE pop… still need BL shaggy… ughh

Yeah it's pretty cheap early on
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:42 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

Yeah missed my window :(

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:18 pm

mrodr110 wrote:I would only want a proto of something that I actually love, a pop that would mean a bunch. I would still prefer a very limited pop though first. I have gotten a few protos and have only kept two and traded away the rest.

Yeah exactly how I feel, I don’t have many Protos the ones I have are because I really really really wanted and were great price other then that Freddy as a marvel character I’m a sucker for. :roflmao:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:24 pm

Chingy wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread when it was first created, but I've always preferred protos. I love them. BUT! It would also depend on how low the LE. LE24? Yeah I'll take that ALLLLL day. LE850? Give me the proto.

Hahaha, yeah hate when that happens. How about 100 piece or 250 piece? 350? or what about 450? of a nice maybe Disney, anime, Star Wars or marvel Freddy over a proto? I would take any of those numbers for a nice low LE Freddy :freddy2:

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:08 am

I wanted to pick your brains. We all know not a lot of protos were given away at fundays this year ,but I’ve noticed this thread on social Media funatics wanting to trade their nice personal protos for the Freddy glow as Anakin from Star Wars. My question is do you funatics prefer a nice Low LE count Freddy as a character from Marvel, Anime or Star Wars? Or rather have a Prototype?

Personally I Love Freddy’s more than prototypes, I am a sucker for Freddy’s as a Marvel Character. :freddy3:

:freddy1: love freddy when he's cosplay or costume. Would love more freddys with new costumes or new looks. Like if hes traveling to Disney. I'm down for just any new freddies

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:11 am

Fnava87 wrote:
Ginzo1622 wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

Yeah missed my window :(

:freddy2: hope you get another opportunity. I do notice that when there's an opportunity for any protos I take it. :bounce:

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:15 am

zonkttc wrote:

:freddy1: love freddy when he's cosplay or costume. Would love more freddys with new costumes or new looks. Like if hes traveling to Disney. I'm down for just any new freddies

Freddy as a Disney tourist would be awesome not a bad idea.. I can see that be part of a park exclusive or something hmmm

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:25 pm

Fnava87 wrote:
Chingy wrote:Not sure how I missed this thread when it was first created, but I've always preferred protos. I love them. BUT! It would also depend on how low the LE. LE24? Yeah I'll take that ALLLLL day. LE850? Give me the proto.

Hahaha, yeah hate when that happens. How about 100 piece or 250 piece? 350? or what about 450? of a nice maybe Disney, anime, Star Wars or marvel Freddy over a proto? I would take any of those numbers for a nice low LE Freddy :freddy2:

Hmmm tough call. I'll take the LE 100. Anything over that, I'd go with the proto

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:46 pm

Chingy wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

Hmmm tough call. I'll take the LE 100. Anything over that, I'd go with the proto

:cheers:

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:54 pm

I love Freddy’s and was lucky to get a proto at funday but traded it for Freddy as blue beetle

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:17 pm

Beto2499 wrote:I love Freddy’s and was lucky to get a proto at funday but traded it for Freddy as blue beetle

What proto did you get?
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 pm

Chingy wrote:
Fnava87 wrote:

:freddy1: really though decision I'd go with le 100 Freddy if its a bad proto. But if its a great proto im for it. :bounce: :compress:

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:47 am

Funkolotz1622 wrote:
Beto2499 wrote:I love Freddy’s and was lucky to get a proto at funday but traded it for Freddy as blue beetle

What proto did you get?

I actually got 3 protos at fundays one was of Steph curry and the other 2 was from five nights at Freddy proto and I traded one of the five nights of Freddy proto

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:32 am

Beto2499 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:

What proto did you get?

I actually got 3 protos at fundays one was of Steph curry and the other 2 was from five nights at Freddy proto and I traded one of the five nights of Freddy proto

:freddy1: thats cool. Any favorite ones? :bounce: :compress:

Sthesuperstar

Postby Sthesuperstar » Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:58 am

I think I would want a proto mainly because I only have one, and have a few low le Freddy's
Follow Me On Instagram @sthesuperstar
ISO SIMPSONS POPS & PROTOS
Member Of Funko Fiends Midwest as of November 2019 :freddy1:

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:58 pm

zonkttc wrote:
Beto2499 wrote:
Funkolotz1622 wrote:
What proto did you get?

:freddy1: thats cool. Any favorite ones? :bounce: :compress:

My favorite Freddy right now is Freddy as wolverine 850

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:15 pm

Beto2499 wrote:

How the heck did you manage that?

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Beto2499 wrote:

How the heck did you manage that?

Getting the protos? Or trading one for a Freddy as blue beetle? Lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:01 pm

Beto2499 wrote:

Getting the protos? Or trading one for a Freddy as blue beetle? Lol

The protos, I didn’t see anybody get one let alone 3 :roflmao:

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:58 pm

My group was lucky to be seated in the very front and Brian and Mike were throwing protos

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:59 pm

Beto2499 wrote:My group was lucky to be seated in the very front and Brian and Mike were throwing protos

Even Olympic shot-putters couldn’t have thrown a proto far enough to reach my table. One of the reasons I hated that venue, we all paid the same price but half of us couldn’t even see the show.

Beto2499

Postby Beto2499 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:11 pm

lol yea that’s what everyone else was saying they couldn’t see anything from the back of the venue

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:25 pm

To me it all varies upon sentimental value of specific items between the two. If one connects more into my pop culture fandom & shared moments with the specific item

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Return to “Pop!”