Dream Convention Exclusive Funko Pop - Share Your Ideas!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
LAX_Men4ever

Re: Dream Convention Exclusive Funko Pop - Share Your Ideas!

Postby LAX_Men4ever » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:17 am

Rukia bankai glow or translucent

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Just re watched Kung Fu Hustle cause of the Landlady cosplayer at SDCC, would love a limited run of some of those guys!! Axe Gang, the Beast, Landlady & Landlord 2 pack...some fun options!

justboogie

Postby justboogie » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:34 pm

justboogie wrote:We need more Kpop pops, not just BTS pops. There's a lot of crossover between Kpop fans and Funko fanatics so it would be great to see Pop convention exclusives for other bands like Blackpink, Twice, Seventeen, Monsta X, etc.

I had to quote myself because of how excited I am for these Blackpink pops! Although they're not a convention exclusives, it's nice that they're commons which means easier to buy. This is so awesome!
https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/169 ... 52267?s=20

Chicken_Bark

Postby Chicken_Bark » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:47 pm

The dream pop lineup I would love to see for convention exclusives would have to be a mix of super heroes and sci-fi themed pops. What got me into Funkos was seeing Marvel pops and then later on I eventually went crazy to complete a collection then got into Star Wars pops. I underestimated the damage Funko pops can do to ones wallet.
:SW1:

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:28 am

Chicken_Bark wrote:The dream pop lineup I would love to see for convention exclusives would have to be a mix of super heroes and sci-fi themed pops. What got me into Funkos was seeing Marvel pops and then later on I eventually went crazy to complete a collection then got into Star Wars pops. I underestimated the damage Funko pops can do to ones wallet.

Especially if you're a Marvel and Star Wars fan. Take it from me. lol That's a LOT of damage.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:32 am

BearyAllen wrote:Just re watched Kung Fu Hustle cause of the Landlady cosplayer at SDCC, would love a limited run of some of those guys!! Axe Gang, the Beast, Landlady & Landlord 2 pack...some fun options!

Make a scented Landlady pop that smells of cigarettes LOL!

BearyAllen

Postby BearyAllen » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:16 pm

rexflexall wrote:
BearyAllen wrote:Just re watched Kung Fu Hustle cause of the Landlady cosplayer at SDCC, would love a limited run of some of those guys!! Axe Gang, the Beast, Landlady & Landlord 2 pack...some fun options!

That's just crazy enough to work! lol

evanaki424

Postby evanaki424 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:48 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Chicken_Bark wrote:The dream pop lineup I would love to see for convention exclusives would have to be a mix of super heroes and sci-fi themed pops. What got me into Funkos was seeing Marvel pops and then later on I eventually went crazy to complete a collection then got into Star Wars pops. I underestimated the damage Funko pops can do to ones wallet.

Especially if you're a Marvel and Star Wars fan. Take it from me. lol That's a LOT of damage.

Star Wars is impossible right? That is a envious undertaking.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:41 pm

BearyAllen wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

It would SELL LOL!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:39 pm

Just because I see a glimpse of that Naruto Son Goku pop and the very first thing to pop in my head was how glorious a metallic ten inch version would be as a SDCC convention exclusive, I’m dropping this here incase inquiring minds want to know.

Also if you want to bless us with a Super Saiyan God Goku & Vegeta, Broly 3 pack as a convention exclusive, me and mags have said this before and we will probably say it again - we won’t be mad at it
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:43 pm

Also, one more recommendation that I’m pretty sure any Naruto fan is not going to complain about - give us the entire Akatsuki set as a con exclusive & make them glow (or common for all I care) and watch your fan base glow and bask in the glorious ambience of a perfect decision being made
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Also, one more recommendation that I’m pretty sure any Naruto fan is not going to complain about - give us the entire Akatsuki set as a con exclusive & make them glow (or common for all I care) and watch your fan base glow and bask in the glorious ambience of a perfect decision being made

That would be a big friggin box.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:22 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Also, one more recommendation that I’m pretty sure any Naruto fan is not going to complain about - give us the entire Akatsuki set as a con exclusive & make them glow (or common for all I care) and watch your fan base glow and bask in the glorious ambience of a perfect decision being made

That would be a big friggin box.

A big friggin box that would be the centerpiece of the Naruto portion of my collection tbh lol

Sometimes it’s time to have a big box…. If they can do it for the Spiderman set for the movie(see Spiderman box that was humongous)they can give us a humble Akatsuki box
PopPChulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:23 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
A big friggin box that would be the centerpiece of the Naruto portion of my collection tbh lol

Sometimes it’s time to have a big box…. If they can do it for the Spiderman set for the movie(see Spiderman box that was humongous)they can give us a humble Akatsuki box

hey you know me, i love a big centerpiece. how would you handle the slightly rotating cast though? would you have them in join order or perhaps the dead ones in the back?

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:52 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Hey fellow Funatics! :freddy2:

Imagine you had the chance to create a convention exclusive Funko Pop of your dreams. What character or theme would you choose, and how would you design it? \:D/ Let your creativity run wild!

Share your ideas and let's have some fun discussing our dream convention exclusives!

Think of this thread as a big wish list of what we’d like to see as a convention exclusive! Heck, maybe Funko might browse this and one of our ideas may come to life! :bounce:

Freddy Boo Berry

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:09 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

hey you know me, i love a big centerpiece. how would you handle the slightly rotating cast though? would you have them in join order or perhaps the dead ones in the back?

I’d just need a big box of Akatsuki members - lol the particulars don’t intrigue me. As long as the primary Akatsuki are there
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:10 pm

TonyMa wrote:

Imagine you had the chance to create a convention exclusive Funko Pop of your dreams. What character or theme would you choose, and how would you design it? \:D/ Let your creativity run wild!

Share your ideas and let's have some fun discussing our dream convention exclusives!

Think of this thread as a big wish list of what we’d like to see as a convention exclusive! Heck, maybe Funko might browse this and one of our ideas may come to life! :bounce:

Freddy Boo Berry

This would be a real cool one to see still even though the cereal icons have cooled off in comparison to how they were initially. I’d really enjoy seeing this.
PopPChulo

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:11 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
TonyMa wrote:

Freddy Boo Berry

This would be a real cool one to see still even though the cereal icons have cooled off in comparison to how they were initially. I’d really enjoy seeing this.

I definitely agree would be nice to finally get that set together in Pop form.

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:46 am

Been asking for it for years. MOTU Teela. I'd do the classic version of her with her hair pulled back into the bun with the spear. It would also make a nice soda, with the chase version of her being Snake Teela.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:10 pm

One thing that I would love to see is more Bloody Horror pops as convention exclusives.

I’d love a bloody Ghostface, Jason, Michael Meyers, Texas Chainsaw etc. especially as convention exclusives
PopPChulo

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:37 pm

PopPChulo wrote:One thing that I would love to see is more Bloody Horror pops as convention exclusives.

I’d love a bloody Ghostface, Jason, Michael Meyers, Texas Chainsaw etc. especially as convention exclusives

Bloody is cool but horror as a whole is so neglected for cons, NYCC being so close to Halloween makes it even more disappointing that it gets looked over so often.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:36 pm

You know Funko has a hundred different variants of characters; I wish during these conventions they’d start doing first appearances of characters for example… a Convention exclusive
Goku (First Appearance)
Piccolo (First Appearance)
Naruto (First Appearance)
Etc etc etc - it can be any license but I think it would work real well with comic book and anime characters. These would separate themselves from the exclusive releases and would allow Funko to use the same characters but still deliver something hype
PopPChulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:37 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:One thing that I would love to see is more Bloody Horror pops as convention exclusives.

Bloody is cool but horror as a whole is so neglected for cons, NYCC being so close to Halloween makes it even more disappointing that it gets looked over so often.

Would be a huge improvement if we get some bloody variants
PopPChulo

Funkolotz1622

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:39 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Would be a huge improvement if we get some bloody variants

We have a couple of bloody pops so that is always a possibility
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Funnybob

Postby Funnybob » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:58 pm

Tom Cruise from Top Gun: Maverick in a F14 jet for SDCC would be an amazing convention exclusive!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:02 pm

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Vincent Van Gogh Pikachu pop - promo card rush was insane so to see it come to life as a pop for SDCC would just be flat out cool

Also, while I’m at it - if we got a Ash & Pikachu metallic + flocked two pack for SDCC I’m sure the hype would be insane
PopPChulo

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:34 pm

Universalman wrote:Luke Skywalker Ghost Glow LE

Great idea!!!
:freddy3:

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:37 pm

For me a camo imperial scout trooper
:freddy3:

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:09 pm

I hope they have more con exclusive pops this year. I would like to see That time i got reincarnated as a slime pops.

joeb0011

Postby joeb0011 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:26 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I wouldn’t mind seeing a Vincent Van Gogh Pikachu pop - promo card rush was insane so to see it come to life as a pop for SDCC would just be flat out cool

Also, while I’m at it - if we got a Ash & Pikachu metallic + flocked two pack for SDCC I’m sure the hype would be insane

the pikachu one i can get excited for!!!
ImageImage

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:52 pm

rexflexall wrote:
BearyAllen wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

It would SELL LOL!

Ugh, that's gross.....I'd buy one for laughs
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:01 pm

MPF223 wrote:Michael myers and laurie strode 2 pack
Jason voorhees and pamela voorhees 2 pack
Freddy Krueger and nancy thompson 2pack
Art the clown and sienna shaw 2 pack
The mummy movie Ardeth bay
The mummy movie Johnathan carnahan
The mummy movie Ankhesenamun
The mummy movie moment rick o connell & Imhotep

Mummy Pops would be dope! Great suggestion.

franniefunko

Postby franniefunko » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:30 am

I want them to tap back into Powerpuff girls at SDCC and finally give us a flocked Fuzzy Lumpkins to complete my set! I love the 3 pack diamond PPG and all of the nfts

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:07 am

I totally agree! More horror would be awesome to see! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:58 am

franniefunko wrote:I want them to tap back into Powerpuff girls at SDCC and finally give us a flocked Fuzzy Lumpkins to complete my set! I love the 3 pack diamond PPG and all of the nfts

Yeah I definitely can see a flocked fuzzy happening
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:23 am

Nemesis989 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
BearyAllen wrote:

It would SELL LOL!

Ugh, that's gross.....I'd buy one for laughs

You gotta check out the scented Swamp Thing exclusive from a few years back LOL!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:32 am

If we ever get Gundam, feel free to make Deathscythe a comic con exclusive.

Also I’d love to see a Flocked SSJ4 Goku & Vegeta two pack one day

I also feel like a bloody Chainsaw man would be an amazing con excl.
PopPChulo

Jchillin92

2024 - unique funko convention exclusives.

Postby Jchillin92 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:43 pm

Woulddnt it be sick if funko would drop some new mold styles/box styles for this year's cons? Like more POP! Towns or POP! Moments. Maybe even something new along those lines? We can only dream but what would be some awesome ideas?

1 - POP! TOWN 18" - Harry Potter vs vodlemort in the courtyard GITD with multiple characters not just them.

2- POP! Supreme - hunter x hunter all spiders together

3 - POP! With sound - Simpsons- Bart pranking moe at the tavern w a recording of an actual prank call

4 - POP! SUPER RIDE - One piece thousand sunny with all current crew members
Last edited by Jchillin92 on Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYCC 21,22,23 - SDCC 23
Fright night 22 , Fundays 23
NYCC Fugitive 23
Just Chillinnn :blob6:

Missnoobcake3

Re: 2024 - unique funko convention exclusives.

Postby Missnoobcake3 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:59 pm

Jchillin92 wrote:Woulddnt it be sick if funko would drop some new mold styles/box styles for this year's cons? Like more POP! Towns or POP! Moments. Maybe even something new along those lines? We can only dream but what would be some awesome ideas?

1 - POP! TOWN 18" - Harry Potter vs vodlemort in the courtyard GITD with multiple characters not just them.

2- POP! Supreme - hunter x hunter all spiders together

3 - POP! With sound - Simpsons- Bart pranking more w a recording of an actual prank call

4 - POP! SUPER RIDE - One piece thousand sunny with all current crew members

Cool ideas i just have no space for bigger sized pops, id be more excited to see different characters made for the Simpsons and Harry Potter.
:freddy2:

Nycc 2022 | IG: missnoobcake3 | Pop, Soda, NFT Collector | Fotw 5/2023

ImageImageImage

franniefunko

Postby franniefunko » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:52 pm

Ginzo1622 wrote:
franniefunko wrote:I want them to tap back into Powerpuff girls at SDCC and finally give us a flocked Fuzzy Lumpkins to complete my set! I love the 3 pack diamond PPG and all of the nfts

Yeah I definitely can see a flocked fuzzy happening

I hope so they have the mold already I love a flocked pop

Return to “Pop!”