Spider Demon Mother Chase

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
funkonewscanada

Re: Spider Demon Mother Chase

Postby funkonewscanada » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:47 pm

Marvel_Mama wrote:I miss the old Hot topic days. I bought so many pops every one knew me it was great and fun collecting. I always still had to be there first to get chases but these days I dont know anyone and now have to wait in line for hour to get a 1:6 chase. So those days are over for me. Great while it lasted. Collecting is always a roller coaster of change.

You said it best!

zonkttc

Postby zonkttc » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:47 pm

funkonewscanada wrote:
Marvel_Mama wrote:I miss the old Hot topic days. I bought so many pops every one knew me it was great and fun collecting. I always still had to be there first to get chases but these days I dont know anyone and now have to wait in line for hour to get a 1:6 chase. So those days are over for me. Great while it lasted. Collecting is always a roller coaster of change.

You said it best!

Agree. Collecting at ht feels like a chore sometimes

FunkoPDX

Postby FunkoPDX » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:44 am

zonkttc wrote:
funkonewscanada wrote:

You said it best!

Agree. Collecting at ht feels like a chore sometimes

So many people camp out at mine and you have to either know the security guard or luck out on which outside door will open first and than run to go line up at HT. I just try my luck online.
No more easy chase days at HT anymore.
Cheers Funko Fam!

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:56 am

I’ll never get one for retail, that’s for sure.
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

xbloz951

Postby xbloz951 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:39 pm

Chickyx2 wrote:
xbloz951 wrote:I think it should always be first come first serve basis. We cannot stop resellers but if you want a pop so badly go for it early.

Yeah I agree if there's a release date made public but if there isn't and these resellers are going everyday checking in the morning and buying everything. Where does that leave the collectors? Buying on a secondary market for an inflated price. Unfortunately I'm not rich financially and I have to work for a living so I can't go to stores everyday. On a different topic, I honestly wish that Funko would go back to their iPad line system for sdcc. A couple of years in a row 6 in my group all struck out on the lottery system. Pre lottery system days, I'd camp out in the everything line and always get in the booth. If you put in the work I believe you should be rewarded.

Agreed , i hardly have time to go out and hunt anymore.

Funko Ronin

Postby Funko Ronin » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:35 pm

FunkoholicsAnonymous wrote:I’ll never get one for retail, that’s for sure.

Only gotten a few chases form hot topic for retail.

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:04 pm

Funko Ronin wrote:
FunkoholicsAnonymous wrote:I’ll never get one for retail, that’s for sure.

Only gotten a few chases form hot topic for retail.

Same but it’s been years
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

Meowmix4

Postby Meowmix4 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:33 pm

I camped out near my local Hot Topic last year for a chase. I was first in line. Doors opened and they only had a couple of commons.

They told me they almost never have any chases. Felt very suspicious.

Hopesdenial

Postby Hopesdenial » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:19 pm

I definitely want this chase. I love the glow. I remember when I started searching for chases way back when they just sat on the shelves - ooo the good ol' days lol
Image Image

"We come to this place for magic. We come to funkofunatic.com to laugh, to cry, to care. Because we need that, all of us."

sxrgio115

Postby sxrgio115 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:12 pm

Chickyx2 wrote:I miss the days when my local hot topic manager would call me to ask if I wanted a pop before they put them on the shelf. They knew me and my son collected certain lines. I know this sounds selfish but there were a couple of guys that would buy 20 to 30 pops if they thought they were going to be able to resell. I called my hot topic and they were all gone. Anyone else here had that kind of hot topic manager in the past that would help collectors not resellers?

A lot has changed over time, but you can’t exactly call their hustle a bad thing. They simply woke up earlier and beat everyone else to it. What they do with a pop is their business, but I’m happy they made a proper system where people can be guaranteed their chase if they put in the work.
- Bleach Proto Collector
- Funko Events on Top!
- Anime Fanatic
Wondercon 2023, SDCC 2023, Fright Night 2022, Killer Klowns!!

:whdat:

Return to “Pop!”